shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Dog! No! No!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok...this thread is about dominance in dogs. Gotta point a marker over here. Then I''ll be back to answer F&I!

Deb :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2005 11:11:36 AM
Author: fire&ice
Dominance in dogs is funny; not as clear as one would think. What we view as signs of 'arousal' isn't arousal to a dog.

I had not planned to be graphic, but I am talking about the dog getting an erection. I find it hard to argue with an erection :). Cute story about my daughter and the dog (no bestiality involved) to follow.

Deb

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:29:25 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 4/4/2005 11:11:36 AM
Dominance in dogs is funny; not as clear as one would think. What we view as signs of ''arousal'' isn''t arousal to a dog.

I had not planned to be graphic, but I am talking about the dog getting an erection. I find it hard to argue with an erection :). Cute story about my daughter and the dog (no bestiality involved) to follow.

Deb
I figured as such - again, not to think of it in human terms. It can also be a sign of contentment, and submissive behaviour. It''s just not that simple.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2005 12:38:37 PM
I figured as such - again, not to think of it in human terms. It can also be a sign of contentment, and submissive behaviour. It's just not that simple.

I agree. We adopted Biscuit when my daughter was in kindergarten. She asked, what "that pink thing" was when the dog got an erection. I was so stupid (I had only had female dogs all my life), that I didn't even know that neutered males got erections!

At any rate, I said, "Biscuit gets that when he is excited". So she (quite naturally) asked, "Will he get that at my birthday party?" and I said, no, that it wasn't that kind of excitement.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that going for a ride in the car *DID* cause Biscuit to feel "that kind of excitement". Uh...live and learn ;-).

Deb

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ewww.
14.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2005 2:30:36 PM
Author: moremoremore
ewww.
14.gif

I know. I apologize. I didn''t know how to share the story without being explicit, but it did go against the grain ;-).

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave this T-shirt to my father (who wears it). I was amused to see, as I searched for a photograph of it, that a Unitarian-Universalist minister had mentioned it in an on-line essay about religion and authority. I was thinking of this cartoon when I decided on the caption for this thread :).

Deb (Uni-Uni)

hellfireanddalmatians.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL Deb...totally gross...
1.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF,

If your dog really misbehaves, you could show him this:

small_Alaska_KGB_Dog_Control.jpg

I''m sure the KGB has their ways of ensuring control....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2005 4:52:31 PM
Author: websailor
If your dog really misbehaves, you could show him this:

Poor Biscuit! He tries *so* hard to do what we want. He just doesn''t have any idea what that is, sometimes! For example, when we moved into our current house he urinated on the carpeting. We had never *had* carpeting before. I didn''t realize that he just had to learn and so we put an electric fence in to protect the living room. I realized it was unnecessary when he stopped urinating on the carpeting in the cellar (which we had *not* protected with an electric fence.) All I had to do was say, "Not on the carpet!" a few times!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results