shape
carat
color
clarity

Major Upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful thumb ring Jennifer!

Now, come on, you can tell us they are CZs...
11.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful thumb ring Jenn, looks just like my eternity band, and in YG too!!! Great choice.
36.gif

Can you send those pear earrings to me? I could wear them on my upcoming cruise ... would match my ering
1.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Man, I am sooooo naive. I have not experienced Pricescope on April 1 before.

Clfutist, I was rooting for you and that big oval....I was so happy for you.

Those pear earrings were to die for...

Libster--the lottery, someone''s gotta win...

I saw some of the postings earlier today. Went to my kid''s elementary school talent show...all the while wondering, " Why won''t my husband do that for me?"

It''s the second prank pulled on me today. My teenage son said to me this morning in the heat of the morning chaos to get out the door, "Oh no Mom, I forgot to do a HUGE homework assignment!" I said, "How could you DO that!!!" in my best exasperated Mom voice.

He then said "April Fools Mom!!!"

I should change my name here to GULLIBLE.

By the way, I know incredible surprise gifting occurs. A friend brought her Mercedes SUV in for service. Instead of repairing it, her husband arranged with the dealer to give her a screamin'' red Mercedes roadster. So stuff like this happens. It gives a girl hope.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 8:31:18 PM
Author: Feydakin
WS - isn''t every day ''blow stuff up day?'''' I just picked up a book for the summer called ''Backyard Ballistics'' if that helps you understand how we do things ''round here
emotion-14.gif

My poor wife couldn''t take my pranks so I have been restricted to one ''prank'' holiday per year.. It was tough but I chose to go with Halloween.. I hold the record around my dad''s annual monster party for triggering the most accidental bodily discharge incidents in one night..

I do love my job..................
Feydakin, I offered to buy websailor that book "Backyard Balistics" and he said no because he knew he would get in trouble by making a potato gun etc. He also has wanted to order a Civil War cannon replica that used black powder? I told him no way because the police would be after us. You have to remember, we live on top of a ridge top and if he shot off one of those cannons, the entire town would hear it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 10:32:35 PM
Author: cflutist

He also has wanted to order a Civil War cannon replica that used black powder? I told him no way because the police would be after us.
Websailor is not alone....
One of my favorite girlie toys was... a small (ok, not that small) cannon complete with ammunition and boot-leg powder. It took a week of part time metal carving and calibration to make. Neighbours did not appreciate seeing, hearing or smelling the powder at all.

Out of sheer frustration with the neighbours, a second, pen-sized version came to be. Still have it
1.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Guess I''ll reply en-mass again...

flopkins - "websailor- calvin & hobbes is my fav too....... - There were so many things in that cartoon that reminded me of my life as a kid! I loved the snow scenes (having grown up on Long Island, NY) - there was a golf course with "big" hills that we would go sledding on - we only had 3 sleighs (Red Ryders or something very similar), so the six kids would always pile on top of each other to go down the hill...plus it made us go faster!

One time four of us piled on the big sleigh, went down, over the sand trap cliff, then onward towards the pond...one small problem - there was a split rail fence around the pond that only one person could fit under (actually it was between the bottom rail, covered in snow, and the top rail). So as we got closer and obviously not stopping in time, we yelled for everyone to bail out. The top two of us did. My hard-headed brother, with both hands firmly gripping the sled, did not. They went right thru the fence, my brother''s head breaking the rail in two....just another day in websailors life.

AGBF - I know how you feel. By the same token, I also refrained from posting "I have a bridge for sale".... I thought we were going to get more challenges than we did, though I''m sure that''s because some people didn''t post and let us have our fun (THANKS!). Still I was worried
7.gif
when the first five posts came in and every one thought it was real and no one was among the folks who were in on this....

Thanks for the correction on Guy Fawkes.

Rockchick - "Good one, (I believe it is now 4 of you???? Jen, Websailor, Cflutist and Libster) you little stinkers...uuuhhh I mean devils" - And maybe a few others
emsmileo.gif
!

BBLOND - "what a great surpize! can''t wait to see it in a setting. its stunning" - Uuummmhh, I think you''d better start at the beginning....
6.gif
....oh, and check the date (hint, hint)

Feydaken - "WS - isn''t every day "blow stuff up day?"" I just picked up a book for the summer called "Backyard Ballistics" if that helps you understand how we do things ''round here

My poor wife couldn''t take my pranks so I have been restricted to one "prank" holiday per year.. It was tough but I chose to go with Halloween.. I hold the record around my dad''s annual monster party for triggering the most accidental bodily discharge incidents in one night..

I do love my job.................." - LOL! - we saw that book too - cflutist wanted to get it for me. I told if she did, she had better start saving up bail bond money cause there was now way I could have that book in the house and NOT build some of them cannons, catapults, etc....and that I''ll be in trouble in no time!

cflutist hasn''t quite figured out how to limit me yet...poor gal!
9.gif

I''d love to be around you Dad''s annual monster party!

Dancing Fire - In a whining tone of voice, "But that''s what they said!!!!" - Google price set at $85, at low end of company''s expectations LOL, no I didn''t buy any...

Leonid - "OK now! for deceiving innocent civilians and wasting precious bandwidth, Websailor is now banned without chance for parole."
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
;-)

Valeria101 - "The 5 carat thinghie wasn''t - kind''a half believed it. Could happen... A bit further down the thread, a quarter'' million piece sort of brought things into perspective though.
Great April 1st, guys ! "

I''ll have to work on my story telling - I thought I had everyone fooled.
2.gif
Don''t we all wish for that lottery killing that Libster came up with
36.gif
35.gif

Jennifer5973 - What can I say - not only do you come up with a completely believable pair of 2 ct pear earrings, with specs, but then you actually do go out and pick up another stunning real piece of jewelry! That''s a beautiful eternity ring!

Oh, and next time you hijack a thread like this, it''s WAR
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Just kidding!

Crafftygrrl - "Man, I am sooooo naive. I have not experienced Pricescope on April 1 before." - Welcome to Pricescope....we''re not ALWAYS like this
emotion-5.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Isn''t PS wonderful! I don''t think I''ve had as enjoyable a day in a while! I guess tommorrow just talking about diamonds isn''t going to be quite as thrilling....or will it? We''ll just have to tune in and see!!!!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 10:45:22 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 4/1/2005 10:32:35 PM

He also has wanted to order a Civil War cannon replica that used black powder? I told him no way because the police would be after us.
Websailor is not alone....
One of my favorite girlie toys was... a small (ok, not that small) cannon complete with ammunition and boot-leg powder. It took a week of part time metal carving and calibration to make. Neighbours did not appreciate seeing, hearing or smelling the powder at all.

Out of sheer frustration with the neighbours, a second, pen-sized version came to be. Still have it
1.gif
Valeria101,

You are my kind of woman! I''d love to have a cannon in my back yard.... Have to settle for this though - I have to admit, that the mix of land and sea cannons is kinda nice!

small_cannons_collage.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Not true...
23.gif
Not funny
38.gif
Not Funny
38.gif
NOT FUNNY NOT FUNNY!!!
38.gif
38.gif

Good one though..LOL
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hee Hee
41.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
You guys SUCK!!!!!
25.gif
2.gif

I''m sooo naive... I bought it hook, line, and sinker!!!
Nice work, hee hee.
26.gif
35.gif
9.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steve, WAY COOL
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. What is blast !!!!! That would have been an experience of a lifetime.

I have performed the 1812 Overture many times through the years with bands and orchestras. The best we could do for the cannon parts was either some ROTC dude shooting off blanks, or with timpani/bass drum (John Quixote where are you) if we were performing indoors.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2005 8:38:35 AM
I have performed the 1812 Overture many times through the years with bands and orchestras. The best we could do for the cannon parts was either some ROTC dude shooting off blanks, or with timpani/bass drum (John Quixote where are you) if we were performing indoors.

During the "1812 Overture" is the *only* time I would like to hear a cannon shot or would think it was appropriate...and even *then* it might be too much! (I like the idea of the rifles with blanks!) I had a boyfriend who loved cannons. His next door neighbor had one. My boyfriend used to shoot the cannon off at midnight on New Year''s Eve. All I can say is that men and women are different (inarguable) and that some men never grow up (even less arguable).

Deb :)

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 9:20:41 AM
Author: AGBF

During the ''1812 Overture'' is the *only* time I would like to hear a cannon shot or would think it was appropriate...and even *then* it might be too much! (I like the idea of the rifles with blanks!) I had a boyfriend who loved cannons. His next door neighbor had one. My boyfriend used to shoot the cannon off at midnight on New Year''s Eve. All I can say is that men and women are different (inarguable) and that some men never grow up (even less arguable).

I totally agree! I also fit into that category of never having completely turned into an adult in some ways. I believe it is important for us to keep that little child alive inside us. Children are so full of wonderment at the world, the little things around them, and their environment. As adults, sometimes we lose track of that....

1.gif

Cflutist doesn''t understand my joy at stomping in puddles after a rain (though I do refrain from stomping in them to direct the water her way as all the kids in my family did way back when), or finding a neat new bug or salamander, etc. Sometimes her super-practical, goal driven approach to life makes her miss beautiful sunsets, rainbows, and other wonders of nature. Sometimes if she would just slow down and enjoy life, she would get so much more out of it!

-----------------------------------------

New thought - I think I''m going to change the rules - from now on, fior every new diamond that cflutist gets, I get to buy a cannon, or a boat!

36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2005 12:18:43 AM
Author: websailor

I''d love to have a cannon in my back yard.... Have to settle for this though
Yeah...
5.gif
nothing does it like the real look. Those are beautiful to look at, not just fun work out !

AGBF: You are right. These are weapons. Still... ''can''t fight the attraction despite being under the fire of the modern versions a couple of times.

deny

Rough_Rock
Bad, bad, bad! I kept thinking I can''t believe he put that diamond loose in her purse!

Good one you two!!
36.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been to a number of Civil War Reenactments. I''ve got to say I have no idea how those soldiers did what they did in battle - it must have taken enormous amounts of courage!

I do like reading about history and the reenactments are neat to see, hear, and smell. When the cannons go off, it is a visceral feeling! The best part is knowing that no one is actually getting hurt/killed. Talking to the reenactors is always fascinating for me - I learn new things every time. In many ways, it is a living history experience.

Since I met cflutist, one of my dreams that will never be realized is to have a cannon in our backyard that we can fire off at Fourth of July.
11.gif
We live on what you would call "the commanding heights" for the area. I''ve always thought that I could get two, just possibly 3 shots off before the area was swarmed with police...not sure how I''d hide a cannon!

I can guarantee it would get the attention of the whole town!

Ah well, we can dream.....

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 11:23:19 AM
Author: denyRN
Bad, bad, bad! I kept thinking I can't believe he put that diamond loose in her purse!

Good one you two!!
36.gif
I kept telling her that was part of the joke - she could reply back about how she was worried about losing it, and how could I do such a thing (
6.gif
!!!), and what was I thinking????

And not only that, but how was she going to take pictures when the camera was back home!!!

Of course, I would banter back in my typical male fashion....

She wouldn't bite, so that didn't happen...cflutist can be really stubborn at times!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhhh I have a cannon story!!!! I can''t believe I actually have a cannon story
23.gif

We have no children and in many ways it''s because we are still kids at heart
9.gif
Hubby has a Land Rover Discovery and he isn''t just using it as a daily driver...no sir...we had to join the local Land Rover off-roading club and see what his new toy could do. I''ve been on many a harried ride...screming all the way
39.gif
....knowing we were going to roll off a hill, flip end over end!!! Anyway on one of our club outings there was a campout with lots of members and new people. We were roughing it, no running water...you get the picture. This man and his son pitched their tent near us and there were probably a total of 100 tents all over the field. After a long day of off-roading and a nice cookout, by the time the sun went down I''m tired and want to just sleep. Well across the field were the roudy people singing and drinking til the wee hours of the morn. By the time the sun came up I''ve had a couple hours sleep and am freezing and just want coffee. Not many others are up, except for the man and his son next to us. Needless to say this man didn''t get much sleep either due to the noise and he decided to give everyone a "good morning" wake-up call with his small CANNON!!!! My eyes were huge watching him pull this thing out and load up the BLACK POWDER and light that baby..... The B O O M heard round the field was huge and people coming out of their tents to see what the He$$ that noise was. I was just laughing and laughing....I''m not much of an outdoors girl, a little high maintenance and had never seen a CANNON!!! Much fun was had by all that autumn morn
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steve, WAY COOL
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Greg has played a 4th of July concert in Los Gatos for a few years on the huge lawn at Los Gatos High where they play 1812 Overture and they actually shoot off an old Howitzer cannon, he says it is blanks, but the sound is SO LOUD...perfect for the date and the song! Freaks people out too.
9.gif

This was last year's celebration:

http://www.town.los-gatos.ca.us/services/4w.html

I don't think he is playing the concert this year as I have commanded that we go to Tahoe for 4th but I guess we'll see...he sometimes 'sneaks' those things in and then I can't veto if he is already in rehearsals!!
39.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 12:56:26 PM
Author: Mara

Steve,  WAY COOL
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Greg has played a 4th of July concert in Los Gatos for a few years on the huge lawn at Los Gatos High where they play 1812 Overture and they actually shoot off an old Howitzer cannon, he says it is blanks, but the sound is SO LOUD...perfect for the date and the song! Freaks people out too.
9.gif

This was last year's celebration:

http://www.town.los-gatos.ca.us/services/4w.html

I don't think he is playing the concert this year as I have commanded that we go to Tahoe for 4th but I guess we'll see...he sometimes 'sneaks' those things in and then I can't veto if he is already in rehearsals!!
39.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Wow! Perhaps it is just the wording, but in our relationship that would call for a quick trip in front of the firing squad!

Command just isn't a word we use in our relationship with each other.
emsmileo.gif

I'm almost speechless to see this!
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost speechless, but not quite?
20.gif

In our relationship there is nothing so dramatic as the ''firing squad''...so sounds like we have very different relationships.
9.gif
It''s a very good thing there is someone for everyone!

Oh and it was just the word I chose to use...not as though I need to explain myself...
20.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 5:40:34 PM

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Wow! Perhaps it is just the wording, but in our relationship that would call for a quick trip in front of the firing squad!

Command just isn't a word we use in our relationship with each other.
emsmileo.gif

I'm almost speechless to see this!
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif
Gosh, is it me, or is everyone going loopy on this board lately? The *comparing* element has just run amok here recently.

Websailor, I've known Mara for quite a long time, and I'm quite sure she was being a bit facetious. I'm sure it never occurred to her that anyone would take her comment LITERALLY.

The beautiful thing about relationships is that different things work for different people, yes? It's not one-size-fits-all. But I'm delighted to hear that you've found what vocabulary doesn't work for you.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 2
6.gif
3:23 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 4/2/2005 5:40:34 PM

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Command just isn''t a word we use in our relationship with each other.
emsmileo.gif

I''m almost speechless to see this!
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif
Websailor, I''ve known Mara for quite a long time, and I''m quite sure she was being a bit facetious. I''m sure it never occurred to her that anyone would take her comment LITERALLY.

The beautiful thing about relationships is that different things work for different people, yes? It''s not one-size-fits-all. But I''m delighted to hear that you''ve found what vocabulary doesn''t work for you.
Well, just asked Hubby about this - he cocked his head and said "You don''t have to command anything. I just do *anything* you say.". I''m still chuckling. Happy wife - happy life! I wouldn''t read too much into this either.
9.gif
12.gif
11.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
Gosh, is it me, or is everyone going loopy on this board lately? The *comparing* element has just run amok here recently.

This made me laugh. I hadn''t noticed the "comparing element", although I am not arguing it isn''t THERE, but the discussion of Mara''s command *had* struck me as...well...loopy :). I like the idea of issuing a command. Would that I could do it! (Yeah...I can order the dog around, but that isn''t what I meant.) BTW, does anyone else have an alpha male dog who gets aroused when he gets orders? This aspect of obedience training has always been a mystery to me. Why does he *like* to be told to sit or to lie down? Sorry about wandering, but what the heck....

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 6:30:52 PM
Author: AGBF

6.gif

This made me laugh. I hadn't noticed the 'comparing element', although I am not arguing it isn't THERE, but the discussion of Mara's command *had* struck me as...well...loopy :). I like the idea of issuing a command. Would that I could do it! (Yeah...I can order the dog around, but that isn't what I meant.) BTW, does anyone else have an alpha male dog who gets aroused when he gets orders? This aspect of obedience training has always been a mystery to me. Why does he *like* to be told to sit or to lie down? Sorry about wandering, but what the heck....

Wow! What a loaded question! I'm still chuckling at all the double entendures (sp) - and I know you will correct me. I think we are all getting loopy.
28.gif
9.gif
11.gif

But, to answer your very basic innocent question - No, none of my dogs get aroused when I give commands. But, since you asked, "humping" isn't a sign of arousal. It's a sign of dominence in a dog. Oh boy - I think I would stick to the no issuance of commands. Your too funny!
28.gif
9.gif

Edited to add: My "alpha" female humped. Yeah, the males around here have it pretty rough.
28.gif
9.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 9:24:30 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Maybe this will redeem me--I did pick up my new thumb ring today. 1.52 cts, SI1, F-G in YG. I also ordered the same style in white gold with princess stones--must have both tones of gold for the wardrobe!
2.gif

I think jadeleaves inspired my thumb and pinky ring mania.
2.gif
Love it!

Websailor u are a bad, bad man! Camellia and I were raving on about you and how romance is not dead when we logged on to Pricescope at a cafe in the city and saw the 5.15ct oval
3.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
LOL at the latest! And I thought this was going to be a little 12 hour thread!
emsmilep.gif

Dogs are so neat! I too am a dog person - I''ve had collies, golden retrievers, labs, and a few unknowns in my life - loved them all! I''m usually pretty good with them - they love to play with me and likewise. It''s fun to have them as part of our "family pack".

It is interesting to see how people giving commands to dogs works/doesn''t work. I guess initially I learned this instinctively, but I have also since read books about dogs and now understand the whole dog socialization world much better.

Our neighbor across the street recently got a new little puppy - we see him taking Turbo (a little white ball of fur with litte perky ears and a wildly wagging tail) out to do his thing. One time as I got home my neighbor was out in the front yard, so I went over to tell him how cute his dog was. Naturally the little pup and I played while we were talking - the pseudo fight play with him biting my fingers and me rolling him around, plus the usual chasing/attacking/ambushing. I had a lot of fun!

Ever since then, every time Turbo is out and sees me. he comes running over to our yard to play, despite any commands that our neighbor gives. The instant I command him to go back however, he obeys. I guess it''s all in the tone of voice and gestures. My neighbor has remarked on this - he says he has no idea why Turbo likes me so much. I just smile.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s funny where this thread has gone!! It was just an April fools joke/prank and I think it was all in good fun.
2.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 7:15:40 PM
Author: JadeLeaves

Date: 4/1/2005 9:24:30 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Maybe this will redeem me--I did pick up my new thumb ring today. 1.52 cts, SI1, F-G in YG. I also ordered the same style in white gold with princess stones--must have both tones of gold for the wardrobe!
2.gif

I think jadeleaves inspired my thumb and pinky ring mania.
2.gif
Love it!

Websailor u are a bad, bad man! Camellia and I were raving on about you and how romance is not dead when we logged on to Pricescope at a cafe in the city and saw the 5.15ct oval
3.gif
JadeLeaves,

Thanks!
26.gif

I am in so much trouble if you two are reading this at a cafe with hot coffee!
emcry.gif
I can just see a lawsuit coming - "Websailor made me burn my nose as I couldn''t help laughing while drinking my steaming hot coffee. And my GF is greviously injured when I spilt my coffe all over her. We are suing for $10 million in damages, or the equivalent in icy white diamonds".
27.gif

===========================

Cflutist and I do try to keep the romance alive in our marriage
emlove.gif
- there are all sorts of little
emrose.gif
, and sometimes big, things that we do. I actually do leave her little notes like this, though I haven''t left one about a big diamond [$$)].....I could never actually get away with that! Even though this April 1 topic was totally fake, she still wouldn''t let me get away with the slightest deviation from what she really would buy (and wouldn''t accept that I might buy such stones!).
face8.gif

Initially I was going to say I was getting her a huge pear - she looked at all the ones I showed her on the web (I was looking for a picture), and she vetoed them all. Then she suggested the oval, so we tried to find an oval picture...no go there either...after rejecting about 30 pictures, she finally suggested we use her CZ - that finally worked because I could use Photoshop to make it look bigger....

Would you like us to post some romance things we''ve done on our Who''s Who topic
emquestion.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2005 7:49:37 PM

Our neighbor across the street recently got a new little puppy - we see him taking Turbo (a little white ball of fur with litte perky ears and a wildly wagging tail) out to do his thing. One time as I got home my neighbor was out in the front yard, so I went over to tell him how cute his dog was.
FYI, Turbo is a Westie just like Portia is and is awfully cute. Maybe we should introduce them to each other?
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Websailor,
Yes please post your romantic stories in the who''s who forum!! We love hearing your stories with cflutist!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results