shape
carat
color
clarity

LOVE my 3.0 N VS2 AVC from Rhino

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, thank you so much @OoohShiny! Those videos would not have been possible without the light on the back porch...and that awesome AVC cut!

For the FC's, interesting question. For me, size would be the main predicate for this cut as far as fire/performance/chunkiness is concerned. The smaller sides perform differently than the larger sized FC's in the shank. Not bad, just different, ie the flashes are smaller. If I where to order a suite for a ring, I'd go as large as I could with this type of cut, as I like broader flashes. I think you'd be able to appreciate the performance better with a larger vs smaller stone size, it just depends on what tickles your fancy.

I also looked at a 2.59 AVC..it was a different flavor in that it was a K with strong flour. Different stone, different flavor. The size component & performance compared with that 3.0 N, really signed the deal for me. Loved the N color & larger flashes. I also own a 1.0 AVC E as a pendant--which I choose because I wanted a small little headlight on my neck and it rocks. Again, different performance/different objective with the stone choice.

Yoram Finkelstein of https://gemconcepts.net cut the sides, he is a PS member & posts as @diagem.
I have been stalking Yoram's website and Instagram account for many a moon now :D lol

I think his asschers and the Octavia are my favourite :)) but the French cuts also appeal a lot, so thank you for the feedback! IIRC your assessment of the differences between different sizes accords with what I've read elsewhere on here, although @Karl_K would have to confirm whether, say, slow flashes on the larger cuts would remain just as slow on the smaller cuts but just have smaller flashes... (it makes my brain hurt, lol.)

I have been looking at FCs on different sites (that don't seem to be cut to such perfection so are cheaper) but none look as good as Yoram's, dammit! :lol: Some 6mm versions would do very nicely...

I think they are the perfect stones for ring shanks, though - the high crown makes them very sculptural and they seem to work even from extreme angles, which is exactly what they will be at on the sides of a ring :) And being in the style you've chosen means it looks like the ring is made of diamond, which is awesome 8-) lol

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely outstanding!! I LOVE Yoram’s work, and this entire ensemble is PERFECTION!!
Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous, the stone, the setting, everything. This place has really brought these beautiful, previously thought of, “lower” coloured diamonds to the forefront, and rightly so. Wear it in health and happiness for many years @sarahb

@Austina, thank you so much for your comment. You are absolutely correct regarding PS bringing lower colored diamonds to the fore-front. Never would've considered such a purchase otherwise. (Along with so many other baubles!!:whistle::whistle::lol:)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing @sarahb ! Definitely, drool worthy!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beauty! I’m so glad that karma worked in your favor and your dream ring came to fruition! And Jack is absolutely precious!!

@yennyfire, thank you so much, it is a wonderful stone and I am fortunate to have it.
Jack is such a sweet dog, we love him so, thank you!!:wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb
Beautiful ring! Congrats! :clap:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your diamond looks amazing in those videos! I know what you mean about diamond performance being so different in different kinds of setting. I noticed with my own chunky old cut that when it had an enclosed basket (like your current setting) the contrast was much more than when I saw it loose. So all the faceting was more obvious. I like that look a lot, it's really complimentary to chunky cuts.

@dreamer_daschie, thank you so much!:) I didn't know closed baskets enhanced chunky cuts. Another factoid to file away! I also think the basket amped up the color as well. Speaking of settings, how is your 3 stone progressing? I just love your diamond and bet it will be epic!:love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful stone and what a pretty setting!

Thank you so much @elizat, it is a perfect stone, no doubt. I assume you are Elizabeth, one of my all time favorite names!!:wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is one of my favorites! I love how the two-toned metals really bring out the buttery color of your gorgeous stone. I don't think there is another setting that is more stunning than this one is for your AVC.:love:

@kathley, thank you so much for your kind comment. It is a special stone. I also love the two toned metal, the 18k gold really complements the N color IMHO & the platinum adds a nice contrast.=)2

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY...!!! :appl: I have no words! The stones and setting are stupendous!!! (as is your fur baby!)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so gorgeous and can I just say while I was mesmerized watching your ring twinkle on the video, the twinkle of your wind chimes brought a smile to my face! What a lovely thing!
Congratulations on your ring and best wishes for your happiness!

@PreRaphaelite, thank you for your kind comments! I love this porch & recently have become interested in learning bird calls/songs. Early morning is the best time, its a chorus out here! That's my NM wind chime you hear doing its thing....

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HOLY...!!! :appl: I have no words! The stones and setting are stupendous!!! (as is your fur baby!)

Thank you so much @KristyDarling, for your kind comments. Its a great diamond!:wavey: We love baby Jack:kiss2:, he's always been the baby since he was the third to arrive & the youngest in the pack.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely outstanding!! I LOVE Yoram’s work, and this entire ensemble is PERFECTION!!
Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

@Matthews1127, thank you so much! I have wondered many times about your collection of Yoram stones! Can't wait to see how your ring turns out.:wavey: PS has really helped connect us PS'rs with some incredible vendors over the years!!:appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@dreamer_daschie, thank you so much!:) I didn't know closed baskets enhanced chunky cuts. Another factoid to file away! I also think the basket amped up the color as well. Speaking of settings, how is your 3 stone progressing? I just love your diamond and bet it will be epic!:love:

I mean, I don't know if *all* chunky cuts do that, but maybe just the really well cut ones!

My ring is cast and assembled, the stones are set, just waiting for engraving! I was anxious about the proportions and whether the modern sides would really work with my old cut center, but after seeing photos I am not worried at all. I haven't worn my diamond in nearly 3 years (can that be true??). I'm excited to have it on my finger.

You know, I think we need to see a family photo of your collection. I know you have some amazing pieces.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @sarahb !!! That stone is stupendous. It looks amazing on you. The setting is perfect for it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is gorgeous! Everything about it is perfection!!! Thank you for posting the video. It truly is stunning @sarahb .

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of those rings that's just absolutely, 100% perfect.

Congratulations on a STUNNING new piece of jewelry! <3

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @sarahb !!! That stone is stupendous. It looks amazing on you. The setting is perfect for it.
Thank you so much @LLJsmom, it is a fun stone to watch. And I'm really having fun seeing your VCA collection grow...great choices!!:wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is gorgeous! Everything about it is perfection!!! Thank you for posting the video. It truly is stunning @sarahb .

Thank you @Calliecake! When I hit playback on that video for the first time, I couldn't believe how it turned out. I never take pictures/videos that turn out as nice as that one. I did tape a square of white paper on my black phone case with a cut out for the lens. I can always see the darkness in whatever jewelry picture I take with that black case getting in the way! The sun was out & it was about 4p, so it was definitely low on the horizon from the west. The porch is on the east side of the house. Thank you again!:wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of those rings that's just absolutely, 100% perfect.

Congratulations on a STUNNING new piece of jewelry! <3

@mrs-b, thank you so much!:wavey: I do love that diamond!:kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and the setting is divine!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! I love the videos!!!! It is a great piece of art!!!! Love how the 2-tone ring enhance the yellowish tint... PRETTY!!! :love::love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone!!! I’m so happy it wasn’t scooped up the first time around and you were able to end up with your dream stone! :kiss2: Those frenchies too are TDF!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Calliecake! When I hit playback on that video for the first time, I couldn't believe how it turned out. I never take pictures/videos that turn out as nice as that one. I did tape a square of white paper on my black phone case with a cut out for the lens. I can always see the darkness in whatever jewelry picture I take with that black case getting in the way! The sun was out & it was about 4p, so it was definitely low on the horizon from the west. The porch is on the east side of the house. Thank you again!:wavey:

You were able to film this video on the first try??? You did a fantastic job @sarahb !!!! This ring is perfection! I’m so happy for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results