shape
carat
color
clarity

LOVE my 3.0 N VS2 AVC from Rhino

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by sarahb, Aug 8, 2019.

1. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    @foxinsox, thank you so much! I do enjoy this stone, it is a chameleon!

foxinsox and AV_ like this.
  2. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    hypermom, thank you so much! I also love the lower colors--and feel so lucky to have this one. Wish I had appreciated the lower colors earlier. :)

hypermom likes this.
  3. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Thank you MissGotRocks, appreciate it....agree, those FC's do add a nice contrast IMHO. :):wavey:

MissGotRocks likes this.
  4. Queenie60
    Ideal_Rock

by Queenie60 » Aug 9, 2019
    @sarahb, this stone is stunning. I love warm stones and this one is so buttery and sparkly. You have a beautiful jewelry collection.

5. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Bonfire, thank you for your kind comments!:kiss2:

Yes, it is a 2 tone, with 18k yellow on a plat shank..& I love the 18k gold.
    IMG_2011.jpeg
    Yes, the light play with this cut is spectacular, no doubt. @diagem rocked it for sure! CvB made the setting, & since it was an unpleasant experience & dredges up unpleasant memories, I just don't dwell there. Nothing different than the other negative experiences & testimonials that are here...same stuff, just different day/different client.

Health has been ok despite the few rocks in the road...much to be thankful for, thank you!!:wavey:

Tekate, kgizo, Nitedula and 3 others like this.
  6. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    @MakingTheGrade, thank you so much! I also wanted to tell you that I just love your setting for your ring, it is classy & I just love it...great choice!:appl:

7. arkieb1
    Ideal_Rock

by arkieb1 » Aug 9, 2019
    Gorgeous, congrats!!!

sarahb likes this.
  8. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    @lovedogs, thank you so much! We love dogs too!! Those video's really demonstrate its personality, no doubt. & can someone please explain why pink always makes a diamond look so juicy?!?:lol:

9. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Thank you so much @Natylad, it really is! The light on the porch is the key IMHO on those video's. Its a pentagon shaped porch, closed off on 1 side of the 5--so you are almost surrounded by incoming indirect light.

And dear sweet, little Jack, he is something...thank you. He's the last of our 3 Musketeers....Pepsi (the queen) was the first on the left, King in the middle, and then Jack on the right...
    IMG_0066.jpg

10. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    @Alex T, you are so kind, thank you! I'd never seen frenchie's before IRL, but loved the FC eternities here on PS & IG. Once the shank direction was finalized, I thought maybe this would scratch the FC eternity itch.:) I agree, the contrast works well, thank you!

Alex T likes this.

11. motownmama
    Ideal_Rock

by motownmama » Aug 9, 2019
    One of my favorite rings ever on PS. Wow. Just amazing.

LightBright and sarahb like this.
  12. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Missy, thank you for your kind words--are you sure you weren't an ambassador in your previous life?? I hope all you & all your fur babies are ok Missy, I keep reading on NIRDI thread & it seems like you've been hit with one thing after the other! Good luck & sending hugs & dust back! XOXO

missy and LightBright like this.
  13. D&T
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by D&T » Aug 9, 2019
    Amazing everything :love::love: what chunky beauty you have there!

sarahb likes this.
  14. yennyfire
    Ideal_Rock

by yennyfire » Aug 9, 2019
    Wow! What a beauty! I’m so glad that karma worked in your favor and your dream ring came to fruition! And Jack is absolutely precious!!

15. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Oh my, thank you so much @OoohShiny! Those videos would not have been possible without the light on the back porch...and that awesome AVC cut!

For the FC's, interesting question. For me, size would be the main predicate for this cut as far as fire/performance/chunkiness is concerned. The smaller sides perform differently than the larger sized FC's in the shank. Not bad, just different, ie the flashes are smaller. If I where to order a suite for a ring, I'd go as large as I could with this type of cut, as I like broader flashes. I think you'd be able to appreciate the performance better with a larger vs smaller stone size, it just depends on what tickles your fancy.

I also looked at a 2.59 AVC..it was a different flavor in that it was a K with strong flour. Different stone, different flavor. The size component & performance compared with that 3.0 N, really signed the deal for me. Loved the N color & larger flashes. I also own a 1.0 AVC E as a pendant--which I choose because I wanted a small little headlight on my neck and it rocks. Again, different performance/different objective with the stone choice.

Yoram Finkelstein of https://gemconcepts.net cut the sides, he is a PS member & posts as @diagem.

Nitedula and OoohShiny like this.

16. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    @av, thank you for your compliment. Am normally a fail when it comes to bling media, I guess once in a while everything comes together & it works.o_O

AV_ likes this.
  17. Acinom
    Ideal_Rock

by Acinom » Aug 9, 2019
    What a stunning ring!!! It looks amazing on you. Beautiful liquid diamond sidestones for your gorgeous warm stone. Would love to see more pics

sarahb likes this.
  18. Austina
    Ideal_Rock

by Austina » Aug 9, 2019
    Simply gorgeous, the stone, the setting, everything. This place has really brought these beautiful, previously thought of, “lower” coloured diamonds to the forefront, and rightly so. Wear it in health and happiness for many years @sarahb

sarahb likes this.
  19. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    @bling_dream19, you are so kind with your comments, it is a stunning diamond, no doubt--thank you!:)

bling_dream19 likes this.
  20. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Aww @Queenie60, you are too kind--thank you! I bet you are enjoying your beautiful eternity ring! Every time I see your avatar my heart sings, just love that stone in the setting you chose! :wavey:

21. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Thank you @arkieb1...you have a few beautiful stunners in your jewelry box, love your choices!

arkieb1 likes this.
  22. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    Thank you so much @motownmama!! Appreciate it! If you are in Motown, we are not that far away sister.... :)

23. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    :love:
    Thank you @D&T for your comment...I love your lower colored diamond also!!:love:

24. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Aug 9, 2019
    HI:

Crazy beautiful!!!!! Like your setting as well!!! Great choice.

cheers--Sharon

25. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Aug 9, 2019
    Your diamond looks amazing in those videos! I know what you mean about diamond performance being so different in different kinds of setting. I noticed with my own chunky old cut that when it had an enclosed basket (like your current setting) the contrast was much more than when I saw it loose. So all the faceting was more obvious. I like that look a lot, it's really complimentary to chunky cuts.

sarahb and AV_ like this.
  26. elizat
    Brilliant_Rock

by elizat » Aug 9, 2019
    Really beautiful stone and what a pretty setting!

sarahb likes this.
  27. Diamond Girl 21
    Shiny_Rock

by Diamond Girl 21 » Aug 9, 2019
    Wow!!! Your ring is beautiful and your dog is adorable! Congratulations.

sarahb likes this.
  28. kathley
    Brilliant_Rock

by kathley » Aug 9, 2019
    Your ring is one of my favorites! I love how the two-toned metals really bring out the buttery color of your gorgeous stone. I don't think there is another setting that is more stunning than this one is for your AVC.:love:

29. PreRaphaelite
    Brilliant_Rock

by PreRaphaelite » Aug 9, 2019
    This is so gorgeous and can I just say while I was mesmerized watching your ring twinkle on the video, the twinkle of your wind chimes brought a smile to my face! What a lovely thing!
    Congratulations on your ring and best wishes for your happiness!

30. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Aug 9, 2019
    @Acinom, thank you so much--you have one of the most iconic PS collections! :love: Here are some more pics:

The one in the stone holder was when first Rhino sent it out:
    IMG_0071.jpeg

and a few others:
    IMG_0205.jpeg IMG_1004.jpeg IMG_1991.jpeg IMG_2004.jpeg IMG_2009.jpeg IMG_2013.jpeg IMG_2019.jpeg IMG_2818.jpeg

Stone Hunter, Tekate, Rhino and 9 others like this.