shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for feedback on OMC GIA Report

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I looked at the GIA report, it looks really really clean. Depth is 66.7% but tbh I don't know how much each % difference makes when it comes to OMC performance. But I feel like I keep getting tempted by higher and higher cost center stones o_O

Her last 3 OMCs (if that's what you meant) were way over budget for me?

Still waiting to hear back from Sako but the GIA report I posted a few posts back are of his J so definitely a bit "messier" option.

I meant that since you goal is a 3 stone ring, ask her for pics of her past 3 stone ring projects/settings to see if she has made one through her bench in the past that may fit your aesthetic. She may be an affordable option to go through for the whole ring and not just the center stone.

In that post, she herself is suggesting that a three stone ring be made with that stone so ask her if she has side stone options and ask to see the whole suite.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I meant that since you goal is a 3 stone ring, ask her for pics of her past 3 stone ring projects/settings to see if she has made one through her bench in the past that may fit your aesthetic. She may be an affordable option to go through for the whole ring and not just the center stone.

In that post, she herself is suggesting that a three stone ring be made with that stone so ask her if she has side stone options and ask to see the whole suite.

Ahhh hahha totally missed what you were trying to say. Yea I sent her a photo of the Marielle and she said that’s exactly what she wanted for this particular diamond. She did already quote me about $2k :-/ for the setting so…on par with Rita but I’ll try to see if she might have an idea of what final cost may be. Thanks!

lioness88

Rough_Rock
Ahhh hahha totally missed what you were trying to say. Yea I sent her a photo of the Marielle and she said that’s exactly what she wanted for this particular diamond. She did already quote me about $2k :-/ for the setting so…on par with Rita but I’ll try to see if she might have an idea of what final cost may be. Thanks!

Hi AL12, just saw this thread and think you asked about the tint on my K OMC. Did you get a diamond?? Which one? Love reading about people thinking about warmer antique stones!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Hi AL12, just saw this thread and think you asked about the tint on my K OMC. Did you get a diamond?? Which one? Love reading about people thinking about warmer antique stones!

Yes that was me! Currently I am trying to go look at a J in person and also eyeing a K. I am hopeful that looking at both will help me really confirm my tolerance for warmth since I own a modern cut H which I’m perfectly fine with but I wasn’t able to love the M I looked at due to the tint :)

Curious on any other thoughts on your CHUNKY K when it comes to how it changes color now that you’ve had her for awhile?

@Agnasia is in a similar dilemma as me except with OECs but I get the sense that she definitely is more comfortable with warmth than I am!

I’ll definitely update if anything solidifies but I did slow down a bit on my hunt due to a few things that came my way + holiday weekend in the US :)

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Yes that was me! Currently I am trying to go look at a J in person and also eyeing a K. I am hopeful that looking at both will help me really confirm my tolerance for warmth since I own a modern cut H which I’m perfectly fine with but I wasn’t able to love the M I looked at due to the tint :)

Curious on any other thoughts on your CHUNKY K when it comes to how it changes color now that you’ve had her for awhile?

@Agnasia is in a similar dilemma as me except with OECs but I get the sense that she definitely is more comfortable with warmth than I am!

I’ll definitely update if anything solidifies but I did slow down a bit on my hunt due to a few things that came my way + holiday weekend in the US :)

Ooh interested to see what you think, can you take photos? If you get the chance see if you can view them in daylight, I never know how much the snazzy lighting in a jewellers affects the colour!

You're right, I am definitely comfortable with warmer diamonds, but only know I like them as solitaires and in prongs, not sure about in platinum bezels as a three stone!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
@Agnasia she has some photos here! Gorgeous!

Edit: Augh can’t link the thread on my phone :/ you can find her amazing over 5ct K OMC in SMTB.

If you look a few posts in, she was nice enough to also provide some photos of when she felt it was most tinted.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
@Agnasia she has some photos here! Gorgeous!

Edit: Augh can’t link the thread on my phone :/ you can find her amazing over 5ct K OMC in SMTB.

If you look a few posts in, she was nice enough to also provide some photos of when she felt it was most tinted.

No worries, I found it, thank you!! What an incredible ring, just stunning and it looks white to me.

lioness88

Rough_Rock

Here is thread

Now that I’ve had it longer I will say I definitely see noticeable tint in certain lights (most often in office or fluorescent light settings). In other light like bright sun outdoors it looks completely white, and I’m extremely color sensitive.

Most of the time I do see a bit of warmth however, but I’m not sure how much the yellow gold prongs make it loook warmer *scratches head* lol.

I’m not into the two tone look so I let it go. I really didn’t want any cut other than an antique cushion and at the time I didn’t see anything in my specs/budget above a K! In my ideal world I’d prob be ok with having an I but I’m so attached to the faceting on mine I don’t see myself changing it!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Here is my K next to my ideal cut E studs. E9321A32-D0AB-487E-B9F7-FEEFB50F224F.jpeg
E9321A32-D0AB-487E-B9F7-FEEFB50F224F.jpeg

in these pictures surrounded by all your other gold goodies and the dark wood, it is still showing very white! ofc the photo is a bit far away so I can't scrutinize it for hints of warmth but your diamond is huge enough where I can definitely SEE IT! either way, your ring is AMAZING and great presence on your hand of course.

I saw your videos in your thread, also showing nice and white :)

thanks for giving more more insight on what you are seeing in terms of tint. I'm also not a fan of two tone---i did toy with doing the prongs in white gold or platinum but I knew I wouldn't love it.

i'm still unsure on how I'm feeling about warmth but hopefully going to see a J and K in person next week :)

lioness88

Rough_Rock
in these pictures surrounded by all your other gold goodies and the dark wood, it is still showing very white! ofc the photo is a bit far away so I can't scrutinize it for hints of warmth but your diamond is huge enough where I can definitely SEE IT! either way, your ring is AMAZING and great presence on your hand of course.

I saw your videos in your thread, also showing nice and white :)

thanks for giving more more insight on what you are seeing in terms of tint. I'm also not a fan of two tone---i did toy with doing the prongs in white gold or platinum but I knew I wouldn't love it.

i'm still unsure on how I'm feeling about warmth but hopefully going to see a J and K in person next week :)

Good luck!! Lmk how it goes, and curious what a J or K in plat vs YG would look like I never had option to compare since I had Caysie do mine remotely

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Good luck!! Lmk how it goes, and curious what a J or K in plat vs YG would look like I never had option to compare since I had Caysie do mine remotely

Yes I’m also curious HOW MUCH the Yg setting affects the tint.

I’m set on YG too!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lioness88

Rough_Rock

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Oh too bad M is too warm for you. Look at this cushiony oec!

I know... I really wish I was okay with an M or warmer :/ but the one in the link was a bit too round for me so no loss!

Hi lovely, not sure if this is your flavour but it’s a G!

Just saw this AM and paused but the faceting was not love for me. Thanks for the tag!

Video is never as good as in person and stones will vary but here is a J in a YG three stone! You can check out the YG against the stones. I think it’s beautiful! If you keep going, there are about 4-5 stories of the ring in 2 different lighting.

I looked at their sale a month or so back! They were a bit pricey and some only showed the cost for the setting. I love the design of this three stone but it's an OEC center! But yes will stare at the videos to just look at tint etc :) thanks for the tag!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Gorg!!! Can I ask the color of the 3 stones next to it that are set in plat? E0E4F404-DEFF-439A-91B2-418E0CA7361E.png E0E4F404-DEFF-439A-91B2-418E0CA7361E.png

From looking at their website it looks as though the middle is an I and the one on the right is H. So if you go from right to left it’s H, I, J.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I know... I really wish I was okay with an M or warmer :/ but the one in the link was a bit too round for me so no loss!

Just saw this AM and paused but the faceting was not love for me. Thanks for the tag!

I looked at their sale a month or so back! They were a bit pricey and some only showed the cost for the setting. I love the design of this three stone but it's an OEC center! But yes will stare at the videos to just look at tint etc :) thanks for the tag!

I love how disciplined you are being and how clear you are about knowing what you want!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

Oh they are totally pricy and the center is too small for you and an OEC. Lol. I only meant for you to check out the tint against YG because I know that’s been a point of consideration.

lioness88

Rough_Rock
Middle is I the YG is j the other white gold is H

Attachments

• FEE842F1-35D6-440A-9B39-7659E465A976.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@AL12 I think it is a bit above budget but looks gorg-another cushiony OEC

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock

Oh wow, this is gorgeous :kiss2:

AL12

Shiny_Rock

So pretty! The pastels! But sooo out of budget just for one stone and the L makes me nervous!

I’m seeing a J and K tomorrow so I think I’ll have a better idea of my color sensitivity? I hope?!? But also starting to feel a little under the weather so I hope I make it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! The pastels! But sooo out of budget just for one stone and the L makes me nervous!

I’m seeing a J and K tomorrow so I think I’ll have a better idea of my color sensitivity? I hope?!? But also starting to feel a little under the weather so I hope I make it!

That will be telling. The cut off for me was I/J. I found tint bothered me at K

And then I liked the tint below M lol

Your eyes will tell you right away, I think. I’m guessing a part of you knew the tint with the M right away was a too much but it was such a pretty cut, it was hard to say no!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results