shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Selling my 2.27 OEC VS2 L (Loose or set)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I upgraded!!! YAY!!! Now i have to sell my current diamond/ring - boo! It's on Loupe Troop for the time being. I struggle with this because the ebay and/or consignment fees mean if you want $X dollars, then you're marking it up so it takes longer to sell. Loose for both of us, but I worry about the risks of private sale... as I am sure you would too. I bought my upgrade from Alex Parks and he offered to do the actual mailing of it or if you're local to Alex we can meet there and you can see it in person. I LOVE my old diamond. I have hundreds of pictures and videos of it. It only had the yellow tint on the rarest occasions. Believe or not, the WORST my diamond EVER looks is in jewelry store lighting. Thankfully thats super rare that i am in jewelry store lighting! Honestly, i have some small regrets on my upgrade. I wanted bigger and slightly better color, which I got. But comparing the two, this 2.27 L that I am selling had more of the yummy pastels i loved so much, my L has the perfect culet, not too big, not too small. I loved the faceting of it. Also, it's dimensions are 8.36mm x 7.96, so it had a slight squarish shape. It's a wonderful diamond. I loved it, I still love it! Info on loupe troop and i have videos etc. I would really rather sell it set in the platinum and diamond david klass setting, but would sell it loose
https://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/gia-oec-diamond-2-dot-27-vs2-l-set-in-platinum

I tried to put a pic in every type of lighting LOL

00000000aaa_6225.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

00IMG_5119.jpg

000myband2tone.jpg

Copy of Imy diam.jpg

000000aaIMG_6422.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
She's a beauty! Dust for a quick sale and I hope you do a post on your upgrade!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Unbeatable price and stunning stone!!! Good luck with the sale

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
She's a beauty! Dust for a quick sale and I hope you do a post on your upgrade!

thank you! i definitely will when i decide what i am doing with the setting, but it's a 2.5 carat (8.5mm) G color

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! What is the ring size?

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! What is the ring size?

oh shoot!!! THANK YOU!! I will edit. It’s currently a four. Five however I had the back made to be wider to prevent spinning to 3 mm and it’s not engraved so it could be sized… I’m not a jeweler so I don’t know how many sizes up it could be made

CorgiAttackkk

Rough_Rock
I loooooove your stack! The v-shaped band with the leaf band underneath is such a unique combo. Can you share details?

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
I.Love.That.Stone.

We’re in the middle of restoring an 1870s farmhouse ($$$) or I would be pleading my husband for this. Hope you sell it soon!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Soooooo beautiful gah someone buy this. That setting is gorgeous too.

Sparkle77

Rough_Rock
wow, this is a stunner!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you share GIA report number?

It’s a beautiful stone. Don’t undervalue your sale! I would def recommend chatting with someone like Grace, consignment will undoubtedly net you more than a private sale even with the fee. If you aren’t in a rush to sell, that is.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

It’s a beautiful stone. Don’t undervalue your sale! I would def recommend chatting with someone like Grace, consignment will undoubtedly net you more than a private sale even with the fee. If you aren’t in a rush to sell, that is.

yeah, i agree. tbh it is priced really low compared to what i have seen in the market, unless you want to unload it quickly. i should have offered that more clearly than just implying it by saying "unbeatable price" :rolleyes:

my data points - i was recently shopping in this size range, but in much lower colors and this price IMO is still very competitive for even the O-P and lower color range. L color is obviously much higher color than that! well cut antiques have gone up in price and i bet a stone this gorgeous would be consigned easily through Grace

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

Sure it’s: 1166832987
Thank you- you always take the time to post thoughtful helpful advice!! I guess because I know on paper it’s not the greatest… and people who know old cuts know that, you HAVE to see it.

In person this diamond dances. It’s magical, it’s always throwing the prettiest pastels and bold rainbows. I’m actually a bit disappointed in my upgrade because I thought it would be so much “better” and more stunning and it’s not…. Like, the lighting when my L looked “meh”… my new G excellent cut looks the same. I guess my L just spoke to me… the G is mind clean, I know it’s “better” but… I don’t know, this L just …. made me happy, even if on paper it wasn’t supposed to be good, my eyes saw a different story. I’m hoping I get used to my upgrade… I like that it’s bigger and the facets are literally perfection but I don’t know why my eyes saw the L as “prettier”, it wasn’t perfect but it was magical… but I got off on a tangent… that’s more of a rocky talk post!! Lol!! “Why I liked my wonky L better than my perfect G” . Haha!

I priced it based on Alex just sold a similar M for 9600. I’m not in any particular rush to sell it, I honestly figured I’d wind up consigning with grace, but I feel safe here and if it means I get what I am asking and someone gets a great deal then it’s win/win. I want someone to love her like I do

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Sure it’s: 1166832987
Thank you- you always take the time to post thoughtful helpful advice!! I guess because I know on paper it’s not the greatest… and people who know old cuts know that, you HAVE to see it.

In person this diamond dances. It’s magical, it’s always throwing the prettiest pastels and bold rainbows. I’m actually a bit disappointed in my upgrade because I thought it would be so much “better” and more stunning and it’s not…. Like, the lighting when my L looked “meh”… my new G excellent cut looks the same. I guess my L just spoke to me… the G is mind clean, I know it’s “better” but… I don’t know, this L just …. made me happy, even if on paper it wasn’t supposed to be good, my eyes saw a different story. I’m hoping I get used to my upgrade… I like that it’s bigger and the facets are literally perfection but I don’t know why my eyes saw the L as “prettier”, it wasn’t perfect but it was magical… but I got off on a tangent… that’s more of a rocky talk post!! Lol!! “Why I liked my wonky L better than my perfect G” . Haha!

I priced it based on Alex just sold a similar M for 9600. I’m not in any particular rush to sell it, I honestly figured I’d wind up consigning with grace, but I feel safe here and if it means I get what I am asking and someone gets a great deal then it’s win/win. I want someone to love her like I do

Do you have pics of your upgrade? To me, there is no such thing as objectively better. It’s what YOU like that matters! Not what a report says.

It’s sounding like maybe you should pause before selling this and think about what you really want! There is a lot to unpack in your words here, and I’m wondering if you’re trying to force something that isn’t quite what you want in your heart of hearts.

It’s so hard to make these choices with lots of money at stake! And nothing quite compares to living with a stone versus seeing something quickly in a store or right as you make a purchase…

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, i agree. tbh it is priced really low compared to what i have seen in the market, unless you want to unload it quickly. i should have offered that more clearly than just implying it by saying "unbeatable price" :rolleyes:

my data points - i was recently shopping in this size range, but in much lower colors and this price IMO is still very competitive for even the O-P and lower color range. L color is obviously much higher color than that! well cut antiques have gone up in price and i bet a stone this gorgeous would be consigned easily through Grace

I was pricing based on similar Instagram stones I’ve seen.… I feel like I’m not retail, I’m private so I’m trying to price it fairly. I have mentioned before in other posts about my ring, the only time it ever looks bad is in a jewelry store, lol, so I worry that when they take pics in the “fancy professional lighting” which you’re never actually in in real life and is supposed to make it look good will make it look terrible! Although Alex took videos through his loupe for me and I thought it looked beautiful as always! Also, I’m giving the option of loose or set and I’m not sure if I can do that with consignment? Anyway… I figured I’d list it myself for a few weeks and if nothing came of it I’d consign next month since it would be holiday season. Thank you for taking the time to look and give me your thoughts!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have pics of your upgrade? To me, there is no such thing as objectively better. It’s what YOU like that matters! Not what a report says.

It’s sounding like maybe you should pause before selling this and think about what you really want! There is a lot to unpack in your words here, and I’m wondering if you’re trying to force something that isn’t quite what you want in your heart of hearts.

It’s so hard to make these choices with lots of money at stake! And nothing quite compares to living with a stone versus seeing something quickly in a store or right as you make a purchase…

Well there’s the rub… in pictures my upgrade is a freaking SUPERMODEL. It’s STUNNING, the facets are perfection… and don’t get me wrong when it’s in the right light it is “better” than the L but… I don’t know how to explain it… just my L looked prettier more often overall?? Like when the G is in its light, it’s AMAZING but the L consistently looked “better” more of the time? But like I said I feel like that’s a rocky talk post for sure!! Lol!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I was pricing based on similar Instagram stones I’ve seen.… I feel like I’m not retail, I’m private so I’m trying to price it fairly. I have mentioned before in other posts about my ring, the only time it ever looks bad is in a jewelry store, lol, so I worry that when they take pics in the “fancy professional lighting” which you’re never actually in in real life and is supposed to make it look good will make it look terrible! Although Alex took videos through his loupe for me and I thought it looked beautiful as always! Also, I’m giving the option of loose or set and I’m not sure if I can do that with consignment? Anyway… I figured I’d list it myself for a few weeks and if nothing came of it I’d consign next month since it would be holiday season. Thank you for taking the time to look and give me your thoughts!

You can certainly do that. I have seen rings posted on Grace’s site that specifically say that the stone is also available loose.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should do a post in RT; I don’t want you to regret selling. Also I looked at LT and if you do end up selling don’t just do priority mail - you must do registered. It’s the only safe way for something that valuable. Or send to Alex as he offered.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what everyone is saying about posting in RT before selling.

FWIW, before I bought my M color, I was able to see some 4+ old cuts in E, G, J, K and L. I found that the E & G we’re both lacking the rainbow flashes I wanted. I came to the conclusion that old cuts need to have just a kiss of tint (for me).

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Well there’s the rub… in pictures my upgrade is a freaking SUPERMODEL. It’s STUNNING, the facets are perfection… and don’t get me wrong when it’s in the right light it is “better” than the L but… I don’t know how to explain it… just my L looked prettier more often overall?? Like when the G is in its light, it’s AMAZING but the L consistently looked “better” more of the time? But like I said I feel like that’s a rocky talk post for sure!! Lol!!

I’m reading between the lines here but it sounds like you may regret selling this in the future. If you are not in a rush to sell, I think it may be worth sitting on it for a few months and really weighing out the pros and cons before you decide. It’s a beautiful stone and you obviously love it. You can always decide to sell later on but with the scarcity of well cut genuine antique stones, it will be hard to replace if you were to regret it down the line (price wise and availability wise).

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, you guys are all so awesome! Thank you all for taking the time to read all my thoughts on this. When I was saying I wanted to do a RT post it was more about my observations, which is what I am posting here to a degree not about trying to make the decision.

My decision is definitely made and final, i am selling this OEC L. My 2 big factors were size and color, so I achieved that with the new diamond. Is is possible I decide in a few years to change to a 2.75ct or larger in a slightly lower color - this is pricescope so the answer is absolutely!

I am a very decisive person, once I have made a decision i am set on it, i think what maybe you may be reading into is i was just SOOOO surprised that I wasnt completely floored by the G. That whole "perfect cut stones black out in full sun" really is a thing!! LOL! I don't have any regrets and I want to sell this and keep my upgrade, i just need to get used to it. I also need to get the setting done because I am sure that is part of it!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto what everyone is saying about posting in RT before selling.

FWIW, before I bought my M color, I was able to see some 4+ old cuts in E, G, J, K and L. I found that the E & G we’re both lacking the rainbow flashes I wanted. I came to the conclusion that old cuts need to have just a kiss of tint (for me).

I'm thinking this may be a factor, like the L maybe overall for my "mind clean" sense than I wanted but the G doesn't have as much tint as it needs to get the pastels. i am not color sensitive and the L definitely did the rainbow/pastel thing way more. This is different and i truly DO love it, I guess I just want it all you know, perfect facets, bigger than what I have, perfect combo of pastels and bright white, all for 50% off retail :evil2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking this may be a factor, like the L maybe overall for my "mind clean" sense than I wanted but the G doesn't have as much tint as it needs to get the pastels. i am not color sensitive and the L definitely did the rainbow/pastel thing way more. This is different and i truly DO love it, I guess I just want it all you know, perfect facets, bigger than what I have, perfect combo of pastels and bright white, all for 50% off retail :evil2:

Said every PSer :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pastel flashes are to die for! Good luck!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pastels are coloured light return that’s high-energy - a less tinted stone with certain proportions will throw out *more* pastel flashes than a more tinted stone with the same proportions. My presumption is that the L is more optimized for coloured light return across a variety of lighting environments (which is primarily a function of pavilion mains’ sizes and angles and crown facets’ sizes and angles).

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
The pastels are coloured light return that’s high-energy - a less tinted stone with certain proportions will throw out *more* pastel flashes than a more tinted stone with the same proportions. My presumption is that the L is more optimized for coloured light return across a variety of lighting environments (which is primarily a function of pavilion mains’ sizes and angles and crown facets’ sizes and angles).

Thank you! i actually read about this, apparently 'perfect' cut stones go dark in sun, which is the thing that was happening that I wasnt used it. I finally was able to go in the woods to walk my dog this morning and it did it! The thing my L used to do where it "dances" and is all pastel looking. The pastels are different, with this one, they're deeper and richer if that makes sense. My L always picked up my shirt or phone case colors, this one just creates the colors out of no where , LOL!

I fall more and more in love with it, I think I just had to get used to it, and because I truly LOVED my old diamond i was comparing them and expected more earth shattering differences. I think some people who get a low color are disappointed and regret from the start, they never fell in love with it, so when they change its more of a dramatic impact, I always loved mine!

Thank you all for your thoughts and help! It sold yesterday so I am going to let the mods know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results