shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 6:11:18 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Oh my gosh, LIB! That ring is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you find that gorgeous tourmaline?!?!?
Thanks! I found it on eBay. The cutter is Bob Kast, his ebay ID is "Vallejo" something. I love the color, it''s very vivid and pink-diamond-esque.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 6:43:11 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Date: 11/10/2008 6:11:18 PM

Oh my gosh, LIB! That ring is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you find that gorgeous tourmaline?!?!?
Thanks! I found it on eBay. The cutter is Bob Kast, his ebay ID is ''Vallejo'' something. I love the color, it''s very vivid and pink-diamond-esque.
Hmmm, I tried looking for him and couldn''t find him . . . The ebay seller Vallejo is strictly a buyer. Hmmmm . . .

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I believe "916" is the something
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loveinbloom,
Your tourmaline ring is gorgeous and that makes me want to kick the prongs out of my setting and bezel set a stone in there. I currently have a brown diamond in my version of that setting, but it's prong set. The prongs sitting so high above the halo, it kind of bugs me a little bit (not so much I'm losing sleep over it)
emotion-5.gif
The good thing about that is that the stone gets a lot of light going through it since it's a chocolate brown. I think bezel setting a lighter stone in that setting is an awesome idea though.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 9:13:22 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Loveinbloom,
Your tourmaline ring is gorgeous and that makes me want to kick the prongs out of my setting and bezel set a stone in there. I currently have a brown diamond in my version of that setting, but it's prong set. The prongs sitting so high above the halo kind of bug me a little bit (not so much I'm losing sleep over it)
emotion-5.gif
The good thing about that is that the stone gets a lot of light going through it since it's a chocolate brown. I think bezel setting a lighter stone in that setting is an awesome idea though.
No way! I think your diamond looks lovely with the prongs. This ring isn't actually set yet; the tourmaline is just resting in the setting. I'm thrilled I finally got this stone. It's a perfect fit size-wise and the light "passion" pink color (lol, seller descriptions...) will be suited well for the bezel.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LIB... that tourmaline looks smashing in that setting!!!! ...and those do look to be nicer diamonds! YOu got a great price on that setting!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks cushioncutnut! I'm glad I got the setting before the prices went up, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bid. Ah...cheap thrills!
2.gif

ETA: Lauren, did you find anything good?

Visla, I am considering purchasing a pave set from LOGR and I inquired how much it would be to upgrade to the full cut melee and he said 300.00/carat- do you think I should now that you have seen the pave? It still would be much cheaper than the set that I have seen at the malls and at my favorite designers- what do you think?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did, I did. We''ll have to wait and see if I win them, though!

Thanks so very much for the referral, LIB!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 10:20:27 AM
Author: waiting_impatiently_2008
Visla, I am considering purchasing a pave set from LOGR and I inquired how much it would be to upgrade to the full cut melee and he said 300.00/carat- do you think I should now that you have seen the pave? It still would be much cheaper than the set that I have seen at the malls and at my favorite designers- what do you think?

So there is a difference between his VS stones and full cut? The reason I ask is because most of the auction listing (if you read them carefully) state that the upgrade to VS diamonds is $249/ct. Now are those VS diamonds also full cut because there is a difference? Or is he charging extra because there''s more work involved in setting VS diamonds in pave? Make sure you know the difference. You don''t want pave diamond chips, even if they''re VS.

Someone won a pave ring LOGR ring, and she got the VS upgrade. It was in a thread, and she thought they should have "sparkled more." I have to find the thread.

This is the message I sent him- I am assuming that the diamonds in the setting (melee) is not full cut diamond- is there a way to upgrade to this and how much would that be?

he emailed me back and said- The diamonds of this ring is not full cut.
Cost to upgrade to is $316.
Thanks

this is the auction that I am looking at but I would customize it to not have the halo- I know it''s not top quality- but do you think that it will hold up for an ering- I love it so much- Its everything that I want!- what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220231326243

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would be very leary of micropave work done cheaply. I think pave is one of those things you should spend a lot on if you're going to get it done properly, otherwise stones can fall out, it can get caught on clothing, and you would have to be careful with it. If it wasn't an e-ring that I wasn't going to wear everyday, perhaps I would go for it. I don't know. JMO.

I love that mounting (they sell it without the band) and I was considering getting it, but I didn't for the reasons I described. I could totally be wrong though.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 3:17:59 PM
I personally would be very leary of micropave work done cheaply. I think pave is one of those things you should spend a lot on if you''re going to get it done properly, otherwise stones can fall out, it can get caught on clothing, and you would have to be careful with it. If it wasn''t an e-ring that I wasn''t going to wear everyday, perhaps I would go for it. I don''t know. JMO.

I love that mounting (they sell it without the band) and I was considering getting it, but I didn''t for the reasons I described. I could totally be wrong though.
I have to heartily agree with Tourmaline Lover here - I have the 3-sided pave, and accidentally chucked it in my US with the rest of my rings, and it easily lost one of the pave stones.

I''ve been incredibly lucky with the Legacy replica, but I only wear those about 2-3 times a week at the most.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Would you pay $300 for a Legacy replica with 14K WG and VS diamonds custom made for your stone and ring size?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
14K - $300
18K - $350
Platinum - $650

What would you go with for a RHR ring?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not the best person to ask CharmyPoo, as I''ve had great luck without upgrading any of the stones or gold. I have 2 of those settings, with a 3rd on the way, and I''ve always really been pleased.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 3:06:24 PM
Author: waiting_impatiently_2008

This is the message I sent him- I am assuming that the diamonds in the setting (melee) is not full cut diamond- is there a way to upgrade to this and how much would that be?

he emailed me back and said- The diamonds of this ring is not full cut.
Cost to upgrade to is $316.
Thanks

this is the auction that I am looking at but I would customize it to not have the halo- I know it''s not top quality- but do you think that it will hold up for an ering- I love it so much- Its everything that I want!- what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220231326243

Here''s one of his listings with the ring you like with VS diamonds in it. This one already comes with a center stone, but it gives you an idea of what the finished product might look like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-56ct-Pave-Diamond-Engagement-18K-White-Gold-Ring_W0QQitemZ280187642059QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item280187642059&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me, too. But he still has an auction for that setting starting at $298.

I think I''m giving up for a while. These price hikes are ridiculous. I have my round halo that''s getting an ACA, my side bezeled setting that''s still empty (bought for $109, and it''s selling for $159 now), an oval halo that I got for a steal for my Dan Stair Pink Tourmaline, and I just bought my final Legacy to fit my BB Amethyst.

Ugh - so frustrating!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2008 11:55:37 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
Would you pay $300 for a Legacy replica with 14K WG and VS diamonds custom made for your stone and ring size?
Yes! I paid more than that but with SI diamonds! This is what I was quoted:-

$249 buy it now price, 14k white gold, $50 to custom fit for gemstone, $39 for additional gold/diamonds, $105 for VS diamonds = $443.

I chose all of the above but stuck with SI diamonds and the total was $338.

I''ve got to say that the $50 to make the setting fit my gemstone was money very well spent as it fits perfectly.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LovingDiamonds. I think I am going to go for it. It will be a bezel set versus prongs as well from a different seller. I will report back when I get it. It won''t be for a month though since my stone isn''t here yet.

Does anyone know what size melee is used in the LOGR Legacy inspired settings?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The LOGR legacy has some nice sized melee, not tiny chips like in the now super expensive 29 point halo mounting. I need a microscope to see the diamonds in that mount. I'm not sure of the actual size but you don't need a microscope to see them.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 8:48:21 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
I believe ''916'' is the something
2.gif
I just got a carat size diamond antique cut round aqua from him. Very nice stone, well cut, nice color (a bit lighter than the pic, but still blue). However, it looks like he''s relisting the same stones over and over again on ebay, and stating they''re the same stone (?????). Maybe he''s just using the same piece of rough to cut several stones in the same style (?????).

It looks great in the white LOGR legacy!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:29:46 PM

I just got a carat size diamond antique cut round aqua from him. Very nice stone, well cut, nice color (a bit lighter than the pic, but still blue). However, it looks like he''s relisting the same stones over and over again on ebay, and stating they''re the same stone (?????). Maybe he''s just using the same piece of rough to cut several stones in the same style (?????).

It looks great in the white LOGR legacy!
LOL, he definitely needs to work on his pictures! Are there really listings of the same stone? I noticed a lot of similar stones, but they differed in carat weight.

I''m glad you like your antique cut aqua. Is the cut akin to an OEC? I''m thinking about trying him for a custom cut and I''m trying to figure out some ideas to start with.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture stinks, but it gives you an idea of the true color of the stone. It looks darker when sitting in my LOGR legacy. No windows, except if you look at it from the side, but not face down into the stone. I'm not used to purchasing such tiny semi-precious stones. It's only 93 points, and I already have three aquas, 8, 11 and 13 carats.

antiquecutaqua.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful Tourmaline_Lover! I like that he has smaller stones. My tourmaline weighs only 0.86ct and is 6mm, but the sparkle the cut imparts gives the stone a nice presence. I wonder how his larger stones are...

ETA- I just one a small antique cut morganite
10.gif

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 1:28:04 PM

Me, too. But he still has an auction for that setting starting at $298.

I think I''m giving up for a while. These price hikes are ridiculous. I have my round halo that''s getting an ACA, my side bezeled setting that''s still empty (bought for $109, and it''s selling for $159 now), an oval halo that I got for a steal for my Dan Stair Pink Tourmaline, and I just bought my final Legacy to fit my BB Amethyst.

Ugh - so frustrating!

I pretty much feel the same way and I am rethinking getting a LOGR halo for my OEC. His prices have gone up so much and it sounds like the quality is *iffy* on some of them.

Has anyone bought from blufoxxcreations on eBay? He has some wonderful antique style settings. Just wondering about the quality....
I''m thinking about one of his settings possibly, for my OEC.

He''s been really great answering my questions. Just wondering if anyone has actually bought from him and knows about the quality first hand. He said in his email that many of his pictures are taken before the rings are polished and they look better in real life. He even has some lovely matching wedding bands, in case I want to wear my reset OEC as an alternative wedding set sometime
9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
It looks like LOGR took his Pricescope link off of most or all of his listings. I guess we weren''t praising him enough!

I''m really curious about BluFoxx as well... I''ve been watching his auctions for a couple of years now. I put in a "Best Offer" today so I''ll let you know if I win and how the quality turns out.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been watching blufoxx as well
31.gif
31.gif
.. I really love the antique look. I did a search on PS and some people seem to be really pleased with the settings. I have been corresponding with Ron and he seems very nice.

mimi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results