shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else get the .61 pave eternity from LOGR?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else get the .61 three-sided pave eternity from LOGR?

I received it yesterday. The workmanship seems beautiful. The diamonds are quite nice but I upgraded them. It''s a delicate, pretty ring. Probably just over 2 mms.

Now, I expected a bit more sparkle out of it. I''ve never owned a pave before. I guess that is how pave is. (?)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have pictures, or at least the ebay link? I always worry about pave stones that are sold by the more inexpensive mounting sellers. I think his VS stones are probably SI, and the SI stones are probably really I. Real pave with VS stones should sparkle like there's no tomorrow. However, again, you get what you pay for, and in this case, I think he has nice quality for the prices.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tourmaline !

Here''s a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370098462344&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=280269223350&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D42

(wow, long link)

Yes, I do agree - very good for the price. However, this ended up costing me about $380 with the better diamonds and sizing.

It really is nice. I guess it''s moreso that I''m not used to/that familiar with pave. It''s subtle.

Thanks for asking and talking.

Sonoma

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s gorgeous. I bet the diamonds would sparkle more in incandescent light or hallogens. It''s still a great buy. I wish you could post some hand shots. Enjoy it for many years to come!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2008 7:46:21 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Do you have pictures, or at least the ebay link? I always worry about pave stones that are sold by the more inexpensive mounting sellers. I think his VS stones are probably SI, and the SI stones are probably really I. Real pave with VS stones should sparkle like there''s no tomorrow. However, again, you get what you pay for, and in this case, I think he has nice quality for the prices.
Oh no, I hope not. I''ve got 2 settings on order and haven''t upgraded. I''m going to be really upset if they are I grade.
7.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaurenthePartier said her SI diamonds were good enough, and so did many people that ordered SI diamonds. So perhaps we're paying the upgrade for nothing!! I wish I knew someone with both SI and VS on their LOGR's. BTW, just went to a jewelry store, and the diamonds sparkle like crazy in the LOGR under the jewelry hallogens. Why can't a jewelry hallogen follow me everywhere I go?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Being that I mine is just pave, and small ones at that, I upgraded. If it were a regular setting, I wouldn''t have.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well cut pave stones sparkle just beautifully...I would say it's likely that the stones aren't very well cut. Cut affects every diamond, not just big ones.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 5:00:45 PM
LaurenthePartier said her SI diamonds were good enough, and so did many people that ordered SI diamonds. So perhaps we''re paying the upgrade for nothing!! I wish I knew someone with both SI and VS on their LOGR''s. BTW, just went to a jewelry store, and the diamonds sparkle like crazy in the LOGR under the jewelry hallogens. Why can''t a jewelry hallogen follow me everywhere I go?
I have to say, I''m more impressed with the SI diamonds in my Garnet Legacy-esque setting than any of the other diamonds in any of my other settings. I can see a few with the major black inclusions in my Mozambique ring, but the most recent Garnet ring really, really has stunning melee.

A couple of pics of both settings, both with the standard melee.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pave in my band isn''t really that lively - it has good and bad melee, but doesn''t really sparkle unless in direct sunlight.

original.aspx

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

Is that the LOGR .61 pave? If so, did you upgrade the diamonds?

Thanks.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 9:16:19 PM
Author: sonomacounty
Lauren,

Is that the LOGR .61 pave? If so, did you upgrade the diamonds?

Thanks.
It''s the same ct. weight, but when I won the latest Legacy setting, I asked him to include the .61 ct. 3 sided pave in my order. He sent me this, and I now know I should have asked for the domed pave.

I didn''t upgrade the diamonds, and I truly wish I had.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
Are the stones in your Legacy setting halo larger than the ones in your OEC halo? They look pretty large in the photos.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 5:25:41 PM
Lauren,
Are the stones in your Legacy setting halo larger than the ones in your OEC halo? They look pretty large in the photos.
I do believe that they are.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, why do you prefer the domed pave? I believe whenever I've tried one on it was not that comfortable. Your picture is of your three sided, correct?

Thanks for all your help.

Oh, your new garnet is awesome, btw.

---

What is fun is that I've looked at the pave under UV light and some flouresce blue but one or two flouresce red.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard such great things about the LOGR''s. Are you loving it yet? It looks really pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results