shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Loose Stones up to 2ct Just Became Available

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Wo
Ok, I think I was (sort of) able to get some pics of the cuts of my lightbox stones, if anyone is interested. Obviously my technique needs work, but hopefully this gives people a better idea of the cut of various stones.

2 carat blue:

IMG_5566.jpg
IMG_5568.jpg

2 carat white (in necklace) IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

1.75 carat pink
IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg
IMG_5575.jpg

and 1.75 carat white!

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

And then, just for comparison's sake, my current 1.4 carat e-ring (not a lightbox diamond) w/ideal specs, HCA of 1.1, etc.

IMG_5521.jpg

I hope this helps! As you can tell, these is definitely variation on the cuts of the LB diamonds. I'm thinking I might put the 1.75 carat white in the pendant and take out the 2 carat white for a ring, since I think the cut looks more symmetrical? It's so hard for me to tell with this stuff.

Also, sorry for posting so many pics on this thread. If it's a bother I can delete and make a separate thread.

wow great work here

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
This pink looks beautiful! Thanks for posting pics. I keep hoping they will release a 2 ct.

I'm really happy with it. I took it to my jeweler and he was very impressed by the cut and fire of the stone. It looks like saturated pink in most lighting, sometimes looking a bit ballet/softer, and at times a bit salmon. It doesn't lean too dark or orange for me, which was my biggest fear. For me it's a great shade of pink.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone is curious to see, I did buy a 1.75 carat in pink.

Here are some pics in warm lighting:
IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg
Here are some pics in indirect/natural light:

IMG_5492.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

If anyone is thinking of buying a larger LB stone in pink, I hope this gives you an idea of the cut and color!

Oh my so pretty! Colored diamonds are my favourites. It looks like a great pink - fancy intense pink to me :)

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Oh my so pretty! Colored diamonds are my favourites. It looks like a great pink - fancy intense pink to me :)

Thank you! I feel like I lucked out. I've seen some pretty dark, orange-ish pink lightbox stones and was afraid that's what I'd get. I'm really happy with this stone. I can't wait to set it in a ring.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Please post photos once you have set this pink beauty into a ring! :kiss2:

diamondgeeknerd

Rough_Rock
Ok, I think I was (sort of) able to get some pics of the cuts of my lightbox stones, if anyone is interested. Obviously my technique needs work, but hopefully this gives people a better idea of the cut of various stones.

2 carat blue:

IMG_5566.jpg
IMG_5568.jpg

2 carat white (in necklace) IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

1.75 carat pink
IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg
IMG_5575.jpg

and 1.75 carat white!

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

And then, just for comparison's sake, my current 1.4 carat e-ring (not a lightbox diamond) w/ideal specs, HCA of 1.1, etc.

IMG_5521.jpg

I hope this helps! As you can tell, these is definitely variation on the cuts of the LB diamonds. I'm thinking I might put the 1.75 carat white in the pendant and take out the 2 carat white for a ring, since I think the cut looks more symmetrical? It's so hard for me to tell with this stuff.

Also, sorry for posting so many pics on this thread. If it's a bother I can delete and make a separate thread.

Sorry for the late reply and yes. Just black background with white funnel! I think you figured out because these pictures you took are awesome.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the late reply and yes. Just black background with white funnel! I think you figured out because these pictures you took are awesome.

Thanks! I think I just need a better camera, heh.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone else noticed that Lightbox has really cut back on their products? No more bracelets from what I've seen? Looks like they are selling literally one ring. It seems like they've managed to figure out what actually sells (loose stones, classic earrings, necklaces). I'm also hoping that they are culling the herd because they will be releasing a new line soon? I'm still over here, hoping for some 2 carat cushions or emerald cuts...

nyangi

Rough_Rock
I‘m tempted to get their 2ct loose stud, but I don’t know where to get it set for a ring and for how much. I love my valoria from WhiteFlash but not sure if they will set it for me if I bring my own diamond.. any ideas? suggestions? are there online jewelers who provides setting service?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone else noticed that Lightbox has really cut back on their products? No more bracelets from what I've seen? Looks like they are selling literally one ring. It seems like they've managed to figure out what actually sells (loose stones, classic earrings, necklaces). I'm also hoping that they are culling the herd because they will be releasing a new line soon? I'm still over here, hoping for some 2 carat cushions or emerald cuts...

What an interesting observation. I took a look at their site just now and I see it too, no bracelets and only one ring, but they used to have several for sale. Looking forward to seeing what they are up to!

I still have hopes for a 3 ct stone, preferably in a pendant/necklace. I haven't got around to resetting my 2ct lightbox necklace stone in a ring because I simply enjoy the necklace too much... Wearing it every day! Also I have yet to decide if 2 ct is too small for me in a ring... I hope lightbox will see this and help me decide what to do by starting to sell 3 ct necklaces!! I would keep one of the necklaces as is and reset the other in a ring. :D

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They may be out of stock from Vday as well. Or going through a website upgrade.

digital_bling

Rough_Rock
Interesting! They are now selling a 1.75ct & 2ct 'Basics' loose stone. Specs are faint color and SI quality at $600/ct.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Interesting! They are now selling a 1.75ct & 2ct 'Basics' loose stone. Specs are faint color and SI quality at $600/ct.

!!!! Overstock from valentines day returns?!?

digital_bling

Rough_Rock
!!!! Overstock from valentines day returns?!?

Possibly! That was my first thought ("OK, these are all the stones which returned due to color"). But that doesn't explain the drop in Clarity grade. Because these are graded SI? If these are the V-Day returns, that means the V-Day batch were not only not "near-colorless" (G-J), but also not "VS or better". Who knows?! Not me! This is could be a boondoggle.

1.75ct for $1,050
https://lightboxjewelry.com/collect...wn-loose-1-75ct-round-brilliant-diamond-white

aaand 2ct for $1,200

I am very tempted to return the 2x 2ct I bought in early Feb and repurchase the 'Basics' at a lower price point. I have a darker skin tone and a preference for Yellow gold...might be able to pull it off!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! Maybe I need a new project…….:lol:

Must resist! o_O

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Y'all... the STRUGGLE IS REAL.. now you know im just sitting there with the mouse on purchase now..waiting...**ck!!!!!!!!!! no no no...must resist...**ck!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I took my 2 carat to my jeweler to be mounted and he was blown away with the quality. He said it was an excellent cut, f/g and color and VVS. I consider that a win. It is incredibly sparkly in dim light.

That is incredibly exciting! How are you setting it?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I took my 2 carat to my jeweler to be mounted and he was blown away with the quality. He said it was an excellent cut, f/g and color and VVS. I consider that a win. It is incredibly sparkly in dim light.

You are so fortunate! Any photos of your finished project? Can't wait to see!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
If anyone still wants to see Lightbox stone comparisons, I ordered two 1.75 carats to hopefully find one to keep and tried to take a few photos.

It was interesting - one is clearly larger, whiter (although they both show some color), and better cut than the other. At least it made the decision about which one to keep easy!

I’m keeping this one, which measures 7.7 mm:
320CC531-09D6-44E2-AC4B-F0BB480A4970.jpeg

I’m returning this one, which is 7.5 mm
32BD2614-6E97-4DBF-AFA1-179461520734.jpeg

And here they are together (I also took a couple photos of them with my I color square radiant natural diamond and K faint pink brown lab diamond):
67F59B80-4085-494B-B2B0-0D2F568B47D8.jpeg
2C9FD1D7-3BE0-41F3-B0FD-3F856EB5BAE4.jpeg
DD40BF9F-63AA-4431-8F42-8916E2680F1B.jpeg
8B970425-10B0-4BD1-ADA9-FEAFD1E52DA0.jpeg
7E8F6BDA-4502-4CC1-A3EE-7DD78C65A1BC.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results