shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Loose Stones up to 2ct Just Became Available

Rica

Rough_Rock
I checked my emails. I bought on 11/17 and 12/3. Both times they notified around 2am PST and was sold out by 4-5am.

Wow, that’s good to know. I’ll have to set an alarm to check at that time every day. Thanks again!!

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I posted photos and descriptions of my warm 2ct from LB a few pages back. Someone asked to let them know if I ever decided to sell, and now I’m working with DK for another project so I thought I’d see if that PSer was still trying to get their hands on one. Whoever that was, take a peek back at the color and measurements and let me know if you’d like it. I know some of our Canadian friends were trying to acquire one.

BrumBrum74

Rough_Rock
I posted photos and descriptions of my warm 2ct from LB a few pages back. Someone asked to let them know if I ever decided to sell, and now I’m working with DK for another project so I thought I’d see if that PSer was still trying to get their hands on one. Whoever that was, take a peek back at the color and measurements and let me know if you’d like it. I know some of our Canadian friends were trying to acquire one.

I might be interested in buying the stone. Please DM me the price you want and some pictures taken in daylight.

jillian56789

Rough_Rock

Interested if you sell!

MinnesotaSparkles

Rough_Rock
I’ve only been lurking here, but I wanted to share my rings that came today:) 2 ct lightbox loose stone set by James Allen (sku 17558P) In total, the set only cost about $3600 so I’m very happy with the result! 0BAF17CE-1285-40BD-93FB-0495E96F320C.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve only been lurking here, but I wanted to share my rings that came today:) 2 ct lightbox loose stone set by James Allen (sku 17558P) In total, the set only cost about $3600 so I’m very happy with the result! 0BAF17CE-1285-40BD-93FB-0495E96F320C.jpeg

wow that looks AMAZING!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock

Wowza, that set is gorgeous! (Thanks for including the James Allen SKU, too!)

mpbbmp

Rough_Rock
I have returned my LB 2CT loose stone. My jeweler said it was K color and was not impressed overall. So, I am now hesitant to buy another one.... I wish they offered ovals that would be my preference. So, maybe I should just wait.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have returned my LB 2CT loose stone. My jeweler said it was K color and was not impressed overall. So, I am now hesitant to buy another one.... I wish they offered ovals that would be my preference. So, maybe I should just wait.

It really is "the luck of the draw"- some people have gotten lucky! I understand and didn't want to re-order, either. With smaller stones (like stud earrings) but for a ring or larger piece I have learned I prefer to select the specific stone.

If you really want an oval, i would hold off on purchasing a round and wait till you can get the size/clarity/color oval you want in your budget.

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock

I had the same experience, receiving a VERY warm stone that did not sparkle much at all. Lightbox seems like a real gamble but would be worth it if you happen to receive a nicer stone

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
I just purchased a 2 ct from LB Friday and I’m having anxiety about whether I will receive a good one or a bad one. Now I’m rethinking and looking to buy a warm stone that’s ideal cut overseas.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Musa15

I have purchased 6 , 2 carat stones in total since they were released. The “worst” was an I in color. The other 5 were G and H in color.
The smallest was a 1.99 ct followed by a 2.03 2.04, 2.06, 2.07, & the largest 2.09 I was pleased with the cut on all of them.

2 are now in rings, 2 for studs earrings and 2 for dangle earrings.

When you get your stone in have your jeweler show you the stone against a GIA master set of stones. They are in a long white tray and you can see for yourself what color it is against a graded set. It helps to be able to make sure a jeweler won’t talk down your stone so they can upsell one of theirs.
I would not stress out too much. In my experience the stones are as advertised and beautiful!

Edit to add. Technically I have a 7th 2 ct but it was purchased in a necklace setting.

I did have it reset in a different setting but did not have it weighed or checked against a master set when it was loose so I cannot say what it is loose. But it is also beautiful.

Last edited:

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Musa15

I have purchased 6 , 2 carat stones in total since they were released. The “worst” was an I in color. The other 5 were G and H in color.
The smallest was a 1.99 ct followed by a 2.03 2.04, 2.06, 2.07, & the largest 2.09 I was pleased with the cut on all of them.

2 are now in rings, 2 for studs earrings and 2 for dangle earrings.

When you get your stone in have your jeweler show you the stone against a GIA master set of stones. They are in a long white tray and you can see for yourself what color it is against a graded set. It helps to be able to make sure a jeweler won’t talk down your stone so they can upsell one of theirs.
I would not stress out too much. In my experience the stones are as advertised and beautiful!

Edit to add. Technically I have a 7th 2 ct but it was purchased in a necklace setting.

I did have it reset in a different setting but did not have it weighed or checked against a master set when it was loose so I cannot say what it is loose. But it is also beautiful.

Tkyasx78, thank you for your response. I’ve been agonizing ever since I made the purchase! I have an e ring so this would be for a right hand ring probably set in a 3 stone setting type deal. I just know I’d be bummed to get one where the cut was atrocious. Less concerned about color because I’m wanting a warmer stone to be set with yg setting.

Post pictures of your stones if you’re able to. I’d love to see them!

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
just received my 2ct lightbox RB. It is very sparkly! It’s a little smaller than I thought it would be but I don’t have anything to compare it to. I will need to take it in to a jeweler to see what they say as far as color and cut quality. Just wanted to post some pics of it compared to my 2.5 brilliant elongated cushion as a size comparison. 19415A47-AF7B-473F-9232-FA4ABFA7F922.jpeg

Attachments

• 66AF0A54-EF11-46E4-92AF-447A13BD2F7E.jpeg
    66AF0A54-EF11-46E4-92AF-447A13BD2F7E.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 4073FCC7-1259-447F-B51D-C083B00989CF.jpeg
    4073FCC7-1259-447F-B51D-C083B00989CF.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 28
  • EF10B62C-FA0A-49E5-B7F4-5D84A7C85434.jpeg
    EF10B62C-FA0A-49E5-B7F4-5D84A7C85434.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 26

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I just placed a preorder for a 2 ct stone. I wonder how long it will be for it to ship. It doesn’t say in the website.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The good thing about Lightbox is that their returns are very easy and I had the money back within a week.

I would say mine was in the H/I region. It was spot on 2 carats and quite sparkly. If I wasn’t working on so many other rings, I probably would have kept it. I did get a restock notice today but it looks like it is on back order again.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Musa15

Really good point… some jewelers are doing everything they can to dissuade people from buying LGD. Not saying any of the ones mentioned in this thread did that but still.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Really good point… some jewelers are doing everything they can to dissuade people from buying LGD. Not saying any of the ones mentioned in this thread did that but still.

My jeweler didn’t have a master set of stones. I had two individuals (separate companies) assess the stone and they eyed it at about a J color. The rest of the stats: 2.03ct and 8.1mm.

They both were blown away at the stone and the fact that it was lab made. When I told them the pricing I could just see that they felt anxiety about the pricing compared to the mined products they sell. They even asked me for the name of the company and had never heard of lightbox and the whole de beers connection. Interesting to see how this will play out.

I’m just ready for lightbox to come out with 3ct stones and beautiful fancy shapes. That’s where all of my money would go to.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just a tip-when you take these into the jeweler to confirm color and size, don't even tell them its a lab diamond. This way you'll avoid all "dont buy lg" conversations. No one needs to know where your product came from. You are not having them do anything to the stone-there is no enhancement and for all purposes it could be natural. The point is, it doesn't matter. Measure, color grade it, [pay for your service], thank you have a nice day.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Just a tip-when you take these into the jeweler to confirm color and size, don't even tell them its a lab diamond. This way you'll avoid all "dont buy lg" conversations. No one needs to know where your product came from. You are not having them do anything to the stone-there is no enhancement and for all purposes it could be natural. The point is, it doesn't matter. Measure, color grade it, [pay for your service], thank you have a nice day.

Silly question… since there is no cert, do LB have inscriptions identifying them as LG?

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Silly question… since there is no cert, do LB have inscriptions identifying them as LG?

That's not silly at all! Perhaps I spoke out of turn? I didn't know there were any inscriptions in LG diamonds. I thought inscriptions were only placed on stones with certs? It may be on their FAQ.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
My jeweler didn’t have a master set of stones. I had two individuals (separate companies) and they eyed it at about a J 2.03ct and 8.1mm
That's not silly at all! Perhaps I spoke out of turn? I didn't know there were any inscriptions in LG diamonds. I thought inscriptions were only placed on stones with certs? It may be on their FAQ.

There’s a diamond logo inscription on every LB diamond. My other Lab grown diamond graded by GCAL has LG on the cert number inscribed on the diamond

Last edited:

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, i really didn’t want to start a new thread. I was an early adopter of LB, and took the largest stone I could get my hands on in the beginning out of its mounting and reset it in a ring. I posted about it here, and on other platforms like the Reddit subs.

Like the rest of the folks who post here, I don’t use my name or personal identifying details, either here or on Reddit jewelry subs. I’m just here for the conversations.

That said, I found it creepy when Lightbox searched out my only “public” social media profile, on LinkedIn:

3C707BA4-53E6-476C-92EE-D97495BBD99F.jpeg

Unless they want to recruit someone, this feels very invasive and crosses a line. I’m calling foul DeBeers. If you want to contact your customers, be direct.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes LB diamonds have a logo in them but almost no jeweler has seen one before so I doubt they would recognize it. At my jeweler the bench guy has no idea what lightbox is. The ladies working there didn’t know either.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, i really didn’t want to start a new thread. I was an early adopter of LB, and took the largest stone I could get my hands on in the beginning out of its mounting and reset it in a ring. I posted about it here, and on other platforms like the Reddit subs.

Like the rest of the folks who post here, I don’t use my name or personal identifying details, either here or on Reddit jewelry subs. I’m just here for the conversations.

That said, I found it creepy when Lightbox searched out my only “public” social media profile, on LinkedIn:

3C707BA4-53E6-476C-92EE-D97495BBD99F.jpeg

Unless they want to recruit someone, this feels very invasive and crosses a line. I’m calling foul DeBeers. If you want to contact your customers, be direct.

This is so scary! How did they link your profiles to your linkedin Profile?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results