shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

So, by the end of next year, after I get 2 more pieces from VCA, I reckon I will have built up a capsule collection that I can wear on a regular basis. There are some amazing pieces in there that I absolutely adore and some pieces that I will wear casually everyday, to maximise my CPW. On the whole, I am quite satiated. I may sell some items, however, that seem a bit superfluous and/or those I am not absolutely in love with.

I'm now focusing on buying more things that appeal to the more sensible side of me, ie. RE and other "regular" investments.

However, the jewellery addict in me is telling me that I "need" (translate to "want" really, lol) something Ooooooommmph in my collection.....So, I'm now STARTING to THINK of a one-of-kind piece, something that would hopefully increase in value over time..something from a high end brand name like VCA, Cartier, Graff or HW, preferably something heritage. I only want one such piece. I envisage buying it in 4 or 5 years' time. It'll come faster than one would think. I've been collecting VCA since 2016 and diamonds since way before that... how time flies~!~

Criteria for this major piece:
- high end
- period piece
- can be any gold, but would prefer WG or Pt
- diamonds: maybe not one big diamond...would prefer a coloured stone with diamonds as accents, or I could consider a suite of diamond pieces
- or a very deep forest green Columbian emerald of no or minor oil;
- or a nice darker red ruby (but not blood red - I don't like brownish red on my skin)
- can consider blue sapphire but I have a lot of blues, so would prefer green or red
- I like "regular" pieces and floral themes. I am not keen on animals on me (though I love them on others).
- it should be a ring, but I'm flexible on this...could be a set (like earrings+necklace or earrings+bracelet etc).

My budget is around USD50k-100k. But I would prefer to spend less than more, obviously. My budget is not set in stone. I'll have to see how I do financially at the time.

Oh, very very important: I am not prepared to buy brand new. I'd love the challenge of searching for it on the secondhand market (though of course I am aware of the risk of being defrauded, and will take steps to mitigate this).

Would anyone like to help me plan? Pictures and/or links would be helpful. I'm gathering thoughts and ideas atm...researching for possibilities, if you like.

Phoenix, I’m not sure how helpful this is to you because I’m not sure if these pieces are even on sale, but I think the Emeraude en Majesté collection by VCA has pieces that are in line with what you’re looking for! I remember seeing pictures on Pinterest and getting utterly obsessed with this collection. It is beyond fabulous, beyond art. There are two rings in the collection that are just beyond words (WG and plat, diamond accents and emerald) though one is more in line with what you wanted - floral motifs, diamond accents, Colombian emerald. I’ve attached a link to a write up about the collection. If you do manage to get your hands on one of these rings please please please post pics on here so that I can drool for the rest of my life :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I’m not sure how helpful this is to you because I’m not sure if these pieces are even on sale, but I think the Emeraude en Majesté collection by VCA has pieces that are in line with what you’re looking for! I remember seeing pictures on Pinterest and getting utterly obsessed with this collection. It is beyond fabulous, beyond art. There are two rings in the collection that are just beyond words (WG and plat, diamond accents and emerald) though one is more in line with what you wanted - floral motifs, diamond accents, Colombian emerald. I’ve attached a link to a write up about the collection. If you do manage to get your hands on one of these rings please please please post pics on here so that I can drool for the rest of my life :D

Wow!! I have goosebumps looking at these magnificent pieces. I am sure they're WAY above my price range though. Still am:kiss2:zing to look at!! Thank you.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps you should get the matching turquoise ring (to the earrings) after all ;-)
Whatever you get please please come show us!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Would you mind if I shared this link with other people? I'm quite sure I won't be able to afford these pieces brand new (maybe not even secondhand), but this is def in the right direction.:clap:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps you should get the matching turquoise ring (to the earrings) after all ;-)
Whatever you get please please come show us!

The ring is far too big, for my little hands! lol

I certainly will. :mrgreen2:

Would you mind if I shared this link with other people? I'm quite sure I won't be able to afford these pieces brand new (maybe not even secondhand), but this is def in the right direction.:clap:

Absolutely, go right ahead!

I honestly have no idea of how VCA determines its pricing, because you’d think that swinging a 13ct emerald in 50-100k is totally doable, but there’s of course the VCA premium :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely, go right ahead!

I honestly have no idea of how VCA determines its pricing, because you’d think that swinging a 13ct emerald in 50-100k is totally doable, but there’s of course the VCA premium :D

Thank you.

Most of it is the VCA premium! lol

Thank you.

Most of it is the VCA premium! lol

The VCA premium is what stops me from becoming an avid collector! I love their pieces because they’re beautiful, but I balk at paying those prices for semi precious stones like onyx and malachite, haha. So I just come here to ogle ;-)

edit: out of curiosity, if one did have a spare million or so lying around and wanted to buy pieces from these kinds of “one off” high jewelry collections, how would they do it? Are they even for sale? Or is this one of those “you commission VCA to do this” situations? The world of high jewelry boggles my mind a bit.

Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is far too big, for my little hands! lol

I certainly will. :mrgreen2:

Oooh pity!
Well I look forward to seeing the pieces you consider as well as the final choice with endless photos!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The VCA premium is what stops me from becoming an avid collector! I love their pieces because they’re beautiful, but I balk at paying those prices for semi precious stones like onyx and malachite, haha. So I just come here to ogle ;-)

edit: out of curiosity, if one did have a spare million or so lying around and wanted to buy pieces from these kinds of “one off” high jewelry collections, how would they do it? Are they even for sale? Or is this one of those “you commission VCA to do this” situations? The world of high jewelry boggles my mind a bit.

I know, right?! My VCA friends and I often laugh at how we pay silly prices for seashells and stones that are not even precious.

I don't know about those particular emerald pieces but other less expensive HJ items are available like other "regular" jewellery. There are just fewer pieces of them and if your local boutique doesn't have a piece you like, then you have it transferred from the boutique that does have it. Or if no boutique has it at the time you want, then you either wait for it to be produced or I am sure you can request to have production expedited. The higher the value, the more they're willing to accommodate you, I'd bet. Of course, all of this is just conjecture on my part, because I have never bought any HJ to date.

I do know, however, that for non-HJ items, you can commission or request the Maison to make you a piece from a pre-approved list of items that are not regular stock, ie. those not ordinarily offered by the boutiques or online. You pay a Special Order premium for it - ranging from 30% to up to nearly 50%.

I am not sure if SO applies to limited or anniversary editions. I am in the process of considering a SO lapis pave bracelet whereby instead of 3 lapis motifs and 2 pave motifs (which is a 50th Anniversary Ed), I'd like 2 lapis and 3 pave. I am quite sure it'd be rejected, but am curious to see if I'd succeed.

Last edited:
I know, right?! My VCA friends and I often laugh at how we pay silly prices for seashells and stones that are not even precious.

I don't know about those particular emerald pieces but other less expensive HJ items are available like other "regular" jewellery. There are just fewer pieces of them and if your local boutique doesn't have a piece you like, then you have it transferred from the boutique that does have it. Or if no boutique has it at the time you want, then you either wait for it to be produced or I am sure you can request to have production expedited. The higher the value, the more they're willing to accommodate you, I'd bet. Of course, all of this is just conjecture on my part, because I have never bought any HJ to date.

I do know, however, that for non-HJ items, you can commission or request the Maison to make you a piece from the Special Order collections they offer, from a pre-approved list. You pay a Special Order premium for it - ranging from 30% to up to nearly 50%.

I am not sure if SO applies to limited or anniversary editions. I am in the process of considering a SO lapis pave bracelet whereby instead of 3 lapis motifs and 2 pave motifs, I'd like 2 lapis and 3 pave. I am quite sure it'd be rejected, but am curious to see if I'd succeed.

This is so fascinating, it’s like a whole different world! I did give in and buy a couple regular pieces over the years but I think I’m done, the premium is just too high to swallow :wall:

I do however understand the mystique of the HJ pieces and how someone who has the funds would be tempted - the craftsmanship, the quality and the entire experience!

I was checking out YAFA right now because you provoked my curiosity, and a vintage 12ct emerald and diamond cocktail ring by VCA is for something like $400k. So I think you might be right about the rings I posted earlier being a wee bit out of budget :D

Would you be interested in the lapis bracelet if you weren’t allowed to SO? Because the way I see it, it’ll be a lot more expensive than the “regular”, given that you’ll have to pay for the extra pave motif + SO premium. You do, however, strike me as someone who both knows what they want and has very discerning taste (I creeped on a bunch of your old posts, hope that isn’t weird) so I’m sure you’ll make the right choice!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! All sorts of perfect combinations right here!

I am loving this arm party! Beautiful and congratulations on getting you love! Did I say this already?! lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PS'ers, I'd really appreciate your advice on my next VCA purchase:

This is for next year or maybe even the year after. Been thinking about this and thinking about VCA regrets and bling regrets in general, I don't want to make another very expensive mistake!! So, I want to plan well ahead and be 1000% sure about this.

I currently have a 5-motif pave Alhambra bracelet in WG. I think I've worn it like 4 or 5 times since it was acquired more than a year ago. The reason is because I like my bling LOUD, as some of you may have noticed, lol, and the 5-motif bracelet looks very lonely on its own. I've stacked it with my Cartier pave Love and adore this look; but the 5-motif scratched the heck out of my pave Love; and now I don't stack it at all.

My choices now are:
1) sell the 5-motif (at a, likely substantial, loss) and acquire the magic pave bracelet
2) get another 5-motif and wear them together linked as a bracelet or necklace
3) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave pendant
4) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave bracelet and wear them on different occasions
5) sell the 5-motif and get both the magic pave bracelet and the magic pave pendant
6) do nothing!! lol

FYI, I am for sure getting the magic pave earrings in WG next year. The magic pave bracelet would be for my left wrist. I would NOT wear the magic pendant and/ or the magic bracelet together with the magic earrings - I'd look too ridiculous and overkill (as I'd wear my Cartier pave Love on my right wrist).

hmmmm.. I say sell the vintage bracelet and purchase the Magic bracelet. Especially if the vintage does not get to come out and play.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A completely unexpected birthday gift!! :love:

Etoile in RG, size S.

Tiffany1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tiffany2.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tiffany4.png

Love it with your simple plain band!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmmm.. I say sell the vintage bracelet and purchase the Magic bracelet. Especially if the vintage does not get to come out and play.

Since posting about this, I went to my local boutique and tried on the magic bracelet. The charm kept flipping and it kept showing the underside/underbelly (not sure what you call it). So I've ruled it out now.

Thanks though. x

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so fascinating, it’s like a whole different world! I did give in and buy a couple regular pieces over the years but I think I’m done, the premium is just too high to swallow :wall:

I do however understand the mystique of the HJ pieces and how someone who has the funds would be tempted - the craftsmanship, the quality and the entire experience!

I was checking out YAFA right now because you provoked my curiosity, and a vintage 12ct emerald and diamond cocktail ring by VCA is for something like $400k. So I think you might be right about the rings I posted earlier being a wee bit out of budget :D

Would you be interested in the lapis bracelet if you weren’t allowed to SO? Because the way I see it, it’ll be a lot more expensive than the “regular”, given that you’ll have to pay for the extra pave motif + SO premium. You do, however, strike me as someone who both knows what they want and has very discerning taste (I creeped on a bunch of your old posts, hope that isn’t weird) so I’m sure you’ll make the right choice!

Hahaha, just a wee bit!:bigsmile:

I do already have 2 lapis pave bracelets, lol. Was just pondering really.

It's not weird at all. I am flattered.:)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since posting about this, I went to my local boutique and tried on the magic bracelet. The charm kept flipping and it kept showing the underside/underbelly (not sure what you call it). So I've ruled it out now.

Thanks though. x

Oh yeah that is a no go for sure. The underside looks like webbing to me and would bother me so much if it kept flipping. They should have made any dangles double sided. Oh well... You'll find something else amazing!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Calling @LLJsmom I noticed you tried on the clash de Cartier bracelet recently in another thread. It looks so pretty!! Is this the chain or bangle version, small or medium? I’m cooped up at home due to another lockdown. I’m aching to buy new jewellery but won’t do it without trying on and will have to live vicariously through you :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @LLJsmom I noticed you tried on the clash de Cartier bracelet recently in another thread. It looks so pretty!! Is this the chain or bangle version, small or medium? I’m cooped up at home due to another lockdown. I’m aching to buy new jewellery but won’t do it without trying on and will have to live vicariously through you :lol:

Hi @RosieR, yeah I did pop into Cartier to try on a few bracelets. Although many people aren't into their new pieces, I'm finding them strangely appealing. The clash I tried on was the smaller bangle version in the smallest size, 14. I actually think its a very elegant and interesting bracelet. I think I would have a lot of fun wearing it. I'll post some pics so you can see. It is beautifully made.
E2566066-ADE9-48FD-A4E5-87E670F369D7.jpeg B3647844-8101-4FBB-9E04-1278284A62FE.jpeg 2A972350-A5C6-4D6E-9FB8-37DE6F2D036C.jpeg 913031ED-3FD2-49D1-A974-FA9C138DD4E0.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clash looks very elegant and soft from a distance. Up close it looks like a funky little caterpillar. :). My three stone is a little painfully traditional and classic so I’m looking for something a little weird to offset it.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @RosieR, yeah I did pop into Cartier to try on a few bracelets. Although many people aren't into their new pieces, I'm finding them strangely appealing. The clash I tried on was the smaller bangle version in the smallest size, 14. I actually think its a very elegant and interesting bracelet. I think I would have a lot of fun wearing it. I'll post some pics so you can see. It is beautifully made.
E2566066-ADE9-48FD-A4E5-87E670F369D7.jpeg B3647844-8101-4FBB-9E04-1278284A62FE.jpeg 2A972350-A5C6-4D6E-9FB8-37DE6F2D036C.jpeg 913031ED-3FD2-49D1-A974-FA9C138DD4E0.jpeg
It’s a beautiful bracelet and looks great on you! It will look great with your amazing new ring :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful bracelet and looks great on you! It will look great with your amazing new ring :kiss2:

Thank you. You'd be surprised at the actual bracelet I fell in love with. It's the Encrou, and I'm giving it some time. Trying to figure out if it is temporary lust, or if it's real love. LOL!

Are you considering the Clash?

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you. You'd be surprised at the actual bracelet I fell in love with. It's the Encrou, and I'm giving it some time. Trying to figure out if it is temporary lust, or if it's real love. LOL!

Are you considering the Clash?

The encrou is an interesting choice, but so is the clash. They both appeal to me because I don’t see others wearing them! (I sold my love because I felt like I was wearing everyone else’s bracelet!)

For my next purchase I think I’d like either a yellow diamond eternity band or a bracelet to stack with my tennis bracelet. TBH my mind is so all over the place with the covid stuff at the moment I don’t trust myself to make a good decision. I’ll wait till Boris let’s us out, take a trip to London, look at some lovely sparklies and take a few pictures and enjoy the process. Have fun picking out your new piece, I personally prefer the clash on you but with Cartier you can’t really go wrong!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nabbed this bucket list bracelet from Oak Gem earlier this year :bigsmile: Very few Buccellati Opera Colour designs are available retail - it's been this way for years, my understanding is that each one is some sort of LE - so specific pieces are surprisingly hard to find!! I wanted red stones (jasper), and I wanted the alternating motif lineup (five clovers looks too VCA-esque for my tastes), and since retail wasn't an option I wanted to buy only from a trusted reseller.

I wear it stacked with one of my late grandmother's gold bangles :love:

buccellati_1.png

buccellati_2.png

buccellati_3.png

buccellati_4.png

buccellati_5.png

buccellati_6.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nabbed this bucket list bracelet from Oak Gem earlier this year :bigsmile: Very few Buccellati Opera Colour designs are available retail - it's been this way for years, my understanding is that each one is some sort of LE - so specific pieces are surprisingly hard to find!! I wanted red stones (jasper), and I wanted the alternating motif lineup (five clovers looks too VCA-esque for my tastes), and since retail wasn't an option I wanted to buy only from a trusted reseller.

buccellati_1.png

buccellati_2.png

buccellati_3.png

buccellati_4.png

buccellati_5.png

buccellati_6.png

FABU!!! LOVE Oakgem!!! LOVE Buccellati!!!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

buccellati_1.png

buccellati_2.png

buccellati_3.png

buccellati_4.png

buccellati_5.png

buccellati_6.png

So beautiful @yssie, looks wonderful on you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

buccellati_1.png

buccellati_2.png

buccellati_3.png

buccellati_4.png

buccellati_5.png

buccellati_6.png

So gorgeous!! Love this bracelet on you. You can rock red!!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

Chemgirl, I have been on the hunt for my one signature, forever necklace, and seriously considered the orchid. It's so beautiful!! One thing has kept me from deciding. My necklace will have to be wearable everyday, be distinctive yet casual. Kwim? the orchid might be a bit dressy for my purposes. But I have certainly tried it on and have not completely ruled it out.

It's very feminine yet not at all fussy. If my dh bought it for me I wouldn't mind!

_31104.jpg

I really love look of this necklace !! What is it called ? It looks really good on you and that length is a nice one on you :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love look of this necklace !! What is it called ? It looks really good on you and that length is a nice one on you :kiss2:

CARESSE D’ORCHIDÉES​

This line features orchids, but most of the pieces are retired and they are no longer making them. I would ask an SA to track one down for you if you like them.

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

CARESSE D’ORCHIDÉES​

This line features orchids, but most of the pieces are retired and they are no longer making them. I would ask an SA to track one down for you if you like them.

Thank you,It’s really beautiful =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results