shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

Q

Queenie60

It was a complete surprise - which makes it that much more lovely! ❤

The first portion of my gift was a 5oz, 3" diameter silver coin from the mint - an uncirculated quarter with a pair of fruit bats on it. A combination he knew I needed to have - because silver is a precious metal used in jewellery and I'm always talking about how cute fruit bats are. The thought was darling, but the execution - definitely a little strange :bigsmile:Also completely unexpected!! :lol:

Lovely gifts @yssie - Happy Birthday to you!:appl:

Volute

Rough_Rock
It was a complete surprise - which makes it that much more lovely! ❤

The first portion of my gift was a 5oz, 3" diameter silver coin from the mint - an uncirculated quarter with a pair of fruit bats on it. Because silver is a precious metal used in jewellery and I'm always talking about how cute fruit bats are. The thought was darling, but the execution - definitely a little strange :bigsmile:Also completely unexpected!! :lol:

Someone is really VERY good at gift giving! I'm laughing at the fruit bat quarter. First, it shows that the giver is paying attention to your love of fruit bats (there's a story there lol). Second, it's adorably quirky. Combined with an elegant bracelet, well, what more can one do? Congratulations on your birthday and wear it in good health! It looks exceptional on you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A completely unexpected birthday gift!! :love:

Etoile in RG, size S.

Tiffany1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tiffany2.png

Tiffany4.png

How wonderful! It's gorgeous! Happy BD and what a great surprise!

X

X5M

Happy Birthday and what a gorgeous surprise! Looks perfectly at home on your wrist @yssie

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17!! I've been away from home for a while - it's lovely to be back ❤

@MissGotRocks It's butter on the wrist just as your ring was ::) The clasp is just the right amount of Tight, the hinge is just the right amount of Stiff - and it's shaped so that it'd be pretty much impossible to accidentally open it too far... One of my favourite parts is the way the azures line up straight on the inside - then"tunnel" at angles to make the undersides of the offset diamonds accessible... They've clearly been doing this for a long time! ::)

That is the beauty of Tiffany - their pieces are honed perfectly. You enjoy wearing them because the are so well made and comfortable. So glad you love your new bracelet - that is a wonderful surprise gift!

Volute

Rough_Rock
My Trinity pieces are all plain-metal, and they definitely scratch. It's probably worse with the Trinity style than others because the rings are forced to constantly rub against each other though! I don't have other gold Cartier pieces, but from photos of well-loved Loves - they do all seem to have some degree of patina. I think it's inevitable, really.

@yssie, thank you for your reply. I suspected as much, since I have another 18k watch that doesn't need so much babying.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie the bracelet looks so beautiful on you! Happy birthday !

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everything @yssie said regarding these earrings. I agree with both of you that they are just too much with the pendant especially since you are petite. I'd either wear diamond studs with it, or have you ever tried the yg pave Magic earrings with the pendant? That may or may not work, but I'd go with more simple earrings with the pendant. Maybe the yg perlee diamond studs would be good with these since they'd complement the center of the pendant.

I've only worn the TQ RdN clip/pendant with my YG pave magic earrings. I am not buying YG Perlee diamond studs! lol. You are such an enabler!!:lol:

I'd love a pair of TQ magic earrings to go with these - either in YG or WG (I'm not fussed about metal colour, as I know these are like the HG).

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday @yssie! Stunning bangle! :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix That's great that the Magic yg earrings work! I do prefer those over the Perlee pave rounds, of course! I agree that having the Magic turquoise earrings would be a wonderful addition! One thing I have noticed looking at second hand turquoise pieces is that some of them look a little discolored or faded. So I think the challenge of turquoise second hand is not only the scarcity but also finding excellent condition.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix That's great that the Magic yg earrings work! I do prefer those over the Perlee pave rounds, of course! I agree that having the Magic turquoise earrings would be a wonderful addition! One thing I have noticed looking at second hand turquoise pieces is that some of them look a little discolored or faded. So I think the challenge of turquoise second hand is not only the scarcity but also finding excellent condition.

Agreed. It's already difficult to navigate the second-hand market due to fakes beimg prolific without having to deal with this extra issue. Maybe magic TQ Alhambra earnings will forever remain a pipe dream for me.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO some brands confer only status, while other brands mean better cut for better light performance.

Some brands I admire are CBI, WF, Solasfera, Octavia, Eightstar, (if they're still in business), and Hearts on Fire because the essence of those brands is better cut for better light performance.
I dis-admire (is that a word?) brands like Tiffany, VCA, Graff, HW, Cartier, Chopard, Bulgari (Oh excuse me, Bvlgari :rolleyes:) as fluffy overpriced uber-status brands for buyers with more money than brains.
Pay a zillion bucks for a diamond with light performance that is not optimized. REALLY?!? :nono:

But as always ... Whatevs ... people vary.

Well kenny, not sure where this attack came from. I am so relieved... If you're not in the market, that's just more for me, a...how did you put it, so eloquently... "buyers with more money than brains"? Yes, please leave the "fluffy overpriced uber-status brands" for an idiot like me.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Etoile in RG, size S.

Tiffany1.png

Tiffany2.png

Tiffany4.png

:kiss2: So sexy...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally have something to share :bigsmile:

I received this just prior to my BIG birthday last year. I picked it up whilst traveling so whilst there was no champagne and fancy wrapping, there was a fantastic saving. :$$)::$$)::$$):

Here is my Cartier Love Bracelet in white gold with four diamonds. I haven’t taken her off since purchasing and I can honestly say, that like my Rolex and JbG Cuffs she is probably one of my best jewelry purchases.

I thought about this for well over five years! The fact that there isn’t a Cartier in Scotland definitely helped delay the purchase as I couldn’t just pop in and see one at my leisure.

I am now considering the JuC in white gold with diamonds which I tried on whilst in the boutique and loved. However, I also would like to try VCA so I have no idea what my next piece will be. Again no VCA in Scotland.

Here she is alongside my everyday diamond cuffs from Jewels by Grace. They were my main consideration when choosing my Love as it had to compliment them.

I am excited to add to my stack!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: 17401F51-D192-481E-97F9-8FB128F34297.jpeg F2EFA12A-8DEC-4DFE-93F8-FD2129047250.jpeg F1BF351A-AA3B-4000-A88F-0C016C5C5A84.jpeg

Gorgeous!! All sorts of perfect combinations right here!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Etoile in RG, size S.

Tiffany1.png

Tiffany2.png

Tiffany4.png

Stunning on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unexpected new item for me (thanks to a very sweet friend!!!)! Lapis/yg/pave VA Alhambra bracelet!

VCAlapisbracelet.JC6.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unexpected new item for me (thanks to a very sweet friend!!!)! Lapis/yg/pave VA Alhambra bracelet!

VCAlapisbracelet.JC6.jpg

I love how it the blue takes on a different shade in various lighting conditions! :love: Congrats again to you, DS!!! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VCAlapisbracelet.JC6.jpg

A grail piece. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Words fail.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VCAlapisbracelet.JC6.jpg

Ultra luxe. Other than that, no words!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS'ers, I'd really appreciate your advice on my next VCA purchase:

This is for next year or maybe even the year after. Been thinking about this and thinking about VCA regrets and bling regrets in general, I don't want to make another very expensive mistake!! So, I want to plan well ahead and be 1000% sure about this.

I currently have a 5-motif pave Alhambra bracelet in WG. I think I've worn it like 4 or 5 times since it was acquired more than a year ago. The reason is because I like my bling LOUD, as some of you may have noticed, lol, and the 5-motif bracelet looks very lonely on its own. I've stacked it with my Cartier pave Love and adore this look; but the 5-motif scratched the heck out of my pave Love; and now I don't stack it at all.

My choices now are:
1) sell the 5-motif (at a, likely substantial, loss) and acquire the magic pave bracelet
2) get another 5-motif and wear them together linked as a bracelet or necklace
3) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave pendant
4) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave bracelet and wear them on different occasions
5) sell the 5-motif and get both the magic pave bracelet and the magic pave pendant
6) do nothing!! lol

FYI, I am for sure getting the magic pave earrings in WG next year. The magic pave bracelet would be for my left wrist. I would NOT wear the magic pendant and/ or the magic bracelet together with the magic earrings - I'd look too ridiculous and overkill (as I'd wear my Cartier pave Love on my right wrist).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS'ers, I'd really appreciate your advice on my next VCA purchase:

This is for next year or maybe even the year after. Been thinking about this and thinking about VCA regrets and bling regrets in general, I don't want to make another very expensive mistake!! So, I want to plan well ahead and be 1000% sure about this.

I currently have a 5-motif pave Alhambra bracelet in WG. I think I've worn it like 4 or 5 times since it was acquired more than a year ago. The reason is because I like my bling LOUD, as some of you may have noticed, lol, and the 5-motif bracelet looks very lonely on its own. I've stacked it with my Cartier pave Love and adore this look; but the 5-motif scratched the heck out of my pave Love; and now I don't stack it at all.

My choices now are:
1) sell the 5-motif (at a, likely substantial, loss) and acquire the magic pave bracelet
2) get another 5-motif and wear them together linked as a bracelet or necklace
3) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave pendant
4) keep the 5-motif and get the magic pave bracelet and wear them on different occasions
5) sell the 5-motif and get both the magic pave bracelet and the magic pave pendant
6) do nothing!! lol

FYI, I am for sure getting the magic pave earrings in WG next year. The magic pave bracelet would be for my left wrist. I would NOT wear the magic pendant and/ or the magic bracelet together with the magic earrings - I'd look too ridiculous and overkill (as I'd wear my Cartier pave Love on my right wrist).

I read about the idea of detaching the Magic pendant and attaching it to the VA bracelet, but I am not sold on that idea. You have to decide if you really feel the VA bracelet is not what you want, and if the Magic bracelet is really what you do want. I don't see any point in getting the Magic bracelet and keeping the vintage, because you aren't wearing the vintage bracelet much as it is.

I think my answer for you is #5, sell the 5 motif and get the Magic pave bracelet and pendant. That way you have options of 3 Magic pave items to wear in different combinations once you get the earrings!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read about the idea of detaching the Magic pendant and attaching it to the VA bracelet, but I am not sold on that idea. You have to decide if you really feel the VA bracelet is not what you want, and if the Magic bracelet is really what you do want. I don't see any point in getting the Magic bracelet and keeping the vintage, because you aren't wearing the vintage bracelet much as it is.

I think my answer for you is #5, sell the 5 motif and get the Magic pave bracelet and pendant. That way you have options of 3 Magic pave items to wear in different combinations once you get the earrings!
[/QUOTE

I have the same concern as diamondseeker. Just throwing the pendant on the bracelet just seems a little disjointed. Not only will it dangle, but it will slide on the bracelet itself. If you have concerns about scratches, even though it will not be obvious, the movement of the single pendant motif along a section of the 5 motif bracelet will scratch the links. And VCA takes great pride in polishing those links to a very high shine. So submitting the bracelet to that seems a shame. You know you love the magic pave bracelet so stick with that. Sell the five motif. Once you get the pave bracelet, see if you still want the pendant, and then get that as well. I find with VCA is good to give yourself a little time between pieces, because one piece can change how you feel about your next purchase.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You're dangerous!:lol:

If only the MA bracelet didn't cost as much as it does, it'd be a much easier decision. Also, selling is so troublesome. I hate selling! UGH!

If I get the bracelet, I may not get the pendant. To get 3 magic items seems excessively extravagant - although my heart desires them! I shall have to have a hard think before parting with my hard earned money. In the meantime, I shall go try them on and see which combo would be best.

Thank you, DS.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, for some reason, PS is not letting me quote! Boo!

You've made some very valid points, particularly regarding scratching! If I had to do it all over again, I'd have for sure gone for the MA pave bracelet instead of the 5-motif. SIGH....

You're also right in that I'd get the magic bracelet first before I get the pendant. Ok, I still have plenty of time to make my decision. Maybe I will try to sell the 5-motif first and see how I go from there.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, by the end of next year, after I get 2 more pieces from VCA, I reckon I will have built up a capsule collection that I can wear on a regular basis. There are some amazing pieces in there that I absolutely adore and some pieces that I will wear casually everyday, to maximise my CPW. On the whole, I am quite satiated. I may sell some items, however, that seem a bit superfluous and/or those I am not absolutely in love with.

I'm now focusing on buying more things that appeal to the more sensible side of me, ie. RE and other "regular" investments.

However, the jewellery addict in me is telling me that I "need" (translate to "want" really, lol) something Ooooooommmph in my collection.....So, I'm now STARTING to THINK of a one-of-kind piece, something that would hopefully increase in value over time..something from a high end brand name like VCA, Cartier, Graff or HW, preferably something heritage. I only want one such piece. I envisage buying it in 4 or 5 years' time. It'll come faster than one would think. I've been collecting VCA since 2016 and diamonds since way before that... how time flies~!~

Criteria for this major piece:
- high end
- period piece
- can be any gold, but would prefer WG or Pt
- diamonds: maybe not one big diamond...would prefer a coloured stone with diamonds as accents, or I could consider a suite of diamond pieces
- or a very deep forest green Columbian emerald of no or minor oil;
- or a nice darker red ruby (but not blood red - I don't like brownish red on my skin)
- can consider blue sapphire but I have a lot of blues, so would prefer green or red
- I like "regular" pieces and floral themes. I am not keen on animals on me (though I love them on others).
- it should be a ring, but I'm flexible on this...could be a set (like earrings+necklace or earrings+bracelet etc).

My budget is around USD50k-100k. But I would prefer to spend less than more, obviously. My budget is not set in stone. I'll have to see how I do financially at the time.

Oh, very very important: I am not prepared to buy brand new. I'd love the challenge of searching for it on the secondhand market (though of course I am aware of the risk of being defrauded, and will take steps to mitigate this).

Would anyone like to help me plan? Pictures and/or links would be helpful. I'm gathering thoughts and ideas atm...researching for possibilities, if you like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results