shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I finally have something to share :bigsmile:

I received this just prior to my BIG birthday last year. I picked it up whilst traveling so whilst there was no champagne and fancy wrapping, there was a fantastic saving. :$$)::$$)::$$):

Here is my Cartier Love Bracelet in white gold with four diamonds. I haven’t taken her off since purchasing and I can honestly say, that like my Rolex and JbG Cuffs she is probably one of my best jewelry purchases.

I thought about this for well over five years! The fact that there isn’t a Cartier in Scotland definitely helped delay the purchase as I couldn’t just pop in and see one at my leisure.

I am now considering the JuC in white gold with diamonds which I tried on whilst in the boutique and loved. However, I also would like to try VCA so I have no idea what my next piece will be. Again no VCA in Scotland.

Here she is alongside my everyday diamond cuffs from Jewels by Grace. They were my main consideration when choosing my Love as it had to compliment them.

I am excited to add to my stack!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: 17401F51-D192-481E-97F9-8FB128F34297.jpeg F2EFA12A-8DEC-4DFE-93F8-FD2129047250.jpeg F1BF351A-AA3B-4000-A88F-0C016C5C5A84.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I received this just prior to my BIG birthday last year. I picked it up whilst traveling so whilst there was no champagne and fancy wrapping, there was a fantastic saving. :$$)::$$)::$$):

Here is my Cartier Love Bracelet in white gold with four diamonds. I haven’t taken her off since purchasing and I can honestly say, that like my Rolex and JbG Cuffs she is probably one of my best jewelry purchases.

I thought about this for well over five years! The fact that there isn’t a Cartier in Scotland definitely helped delay the purchase as I couldn’t just pop in and see one at my leisure.

I am now considering the JuC in white gold with diamonds which I tried on whilst in the boutique and loved. However, I also would like to try VCA so I have no idea what my next piece will be. Again no VCA in Scotland.

Here she is alongside my everyday diamond cuffs from Jewels by Grace. They were my main consideration when choosing my Love as it had to compliment them.

I am excited to add to my stack!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: 17401F51-D192-481E-97F9-8FB128F34297.jpeg F2EFA12A-8DEC-4DFE-93F8-FD2129047250.jpeg F1BF351A-AA3B-4000-A88F-0C016C5C5A84.jpeg

LOVE your new Love bracelet!! I still think about getting one (again).

Love the JUC with diamonds also. I hope you get it as well.

Any idea what you'd like from VCA?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@susimoo, how exciting! The bracelet looks gorgeous on you. I love it with the bangle. Congragulations!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE your new Love bracelet!! I still think about getting one (again).

Love the JUC with diamonds also. I hope you get it as well.

Any idea what you'd like from VCA?

Pheonix
Thank you =)2

I will add the JuC to my collection. I’m just not sure when. I think I’m enjoying the Love on its own just now:bigsmile:

I would love some vintage Alhambra bracelets to mix and match into my stack. I love the look but have never tried them on. I’m very attracted to the Onyx and the MOP. I think I’d prefer white gold (I know that would be a special order in Onyx). I will hopefully get to try them on next time I travel. Whenever that is allowed.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pheonix
Thank you =)2

I will add the JuC to my collection. I’m just not sure when. I think I’m enjoying the Love on its own just now:bigsmile:

I would love some vintage Alhambra bracelets to mix and match into my stack. I love the look but have never tried them on. I’m very attracted to the Onyx and the MOP. I think I’d prefer white gold (I know that would be a special order in Onyx). I will hopefully get to try them on next time I travel. Whenever that is allowed.

Onyx and MOP Alhambra bracelets are excellent pieces to "dip your toes" in the VCA pool with!:)

Can't wait to see your JuC and and your Alhambra pretties when you get round to buying them. Enjoy your beautiful Love bracelet in the meantime!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO some brands confer only status, while other brands mean better cut for better light performance.

Some brands I admire are CBI, WF, Solasfera, Octavia, Eightstar, (if they're still in business), and Hearts on Fire because the essence of those brands is better cut for better light performance.
I dis-admire (is that a word?) brands like Tiffany, VCA, Graff, HW, Cartier, Chopard, Bulgari (Oh excuse me, Bvlgari :rolleyes:) as fluffy overpriced uber-status brands for buyers with more money than brains.
Pay a zillion bucks for a diamond with light performance that is not optimized. REALLY?!? :nono:

But as always ... Whatevs ... people vary.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMO some brands confer only status, while other brands mean better cut for better light performance.

Some brands I admire are CBI, WF, Solasfera, Octavia, Eightstar, (if they're still in business), and Hearts on Fire because the essence of those brands is better cut for better light performance.
I dis-admire (is that a word?) brands like Tiffany, VCA, Graff, HW, Cartier, Chopard, Bulgari (Oh excuse me, Bvlgari :rolleyes:) as fluffy overpriced uber-status brands for buyers with more money than brains.
Pay a zillion bucks for a diamond with light performance that is not optimized. REALLY?!? :nono:

Wow - someone must have pi$$ed in your no-name bulk Winco cornflakes this morning! If you don't like the brands mentioned in this thread, what's it to you? So much for being accepting of the "people vary" motto you are so fond of. :roll:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think this is the difference between just a diamond lover and a jewellery lover. I personally admire the craftsmanship of a beautiful piece of jewellery, be it an original antique or a brand named piece. How it feels on the hand, wrist or neck while it is on. I admire the attention to detail in how it is constructed. I have been lucky enough to visit the jewellery bench in Place Vendome in Paris for Van cleef and Arpels. I was able to watch the construction of a mystery set broach made in rubies and yellow gold and platinum. Each stone was being hand cut by the lapidary to fit in the intricately maze of sliding rails to create a visual effect of a velvet ruby ribbon. Vendors who only think of cut quality would never put this much attention to detail and hand craft anything to perfection. It’s just about putting a few numbers into a computer and put pops identical perfect stones. Some people like this, and for some projects it’s right. Sometimes you want to explore and collect other aspects of what’s available in the jewellery world. As you say, people vary.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - someone must have pi$$ed in your no-name bulk Winco cornflakes this morning! If you don't like the brands mentioned in this thread, what's it to you? So much for being accepting of the "people vary" motto you are so fond of. :roll:

I'm not criticizing people; I'm criticizing something some brands do.

I love diamonds with good light performance.
To me the unique optical qualities of diamond and the possible resulting light show is what diamonds are all about.
These brands don't honor that by setting diamonds cut for optimum light performance ... a travesty IMO.
They should be, and should be educating customers and showing each one Idealscope, ASET, and HCA performance data.

Yes indeed, people vary.
Some want a brand that is about status rather than light performance.
Some want to learn nothing ... so they end up overpaying for a diamond not cut for light performance.
So be it; I can accept that.
Me, I'd never consider patronizing these businesses.

People vary.
I do X, you do Y.
No problem.

I go for the diamond with the best light performance I can afford.
Then I put it into the cheapest reputable tension setting possible ... not even gold, platinum or palladium ... just humble titanium or Cobalt Chrome.
That leaves more $$$ for a better diamond, the only thing that matters to me.

Actually my ideal diamond setting would be invisible.
The diamond would just hover magically above my finger with no relatively ugly metal blocking my view of the light show ... the whole point of a diamond IMO.

Oh, and I don't eat cornflakes ... or pi$$. ;))

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is the difference between just a diamond lover and a jewellery lover. I personally admire the craftsmanship of a beautiful piece of jewellery, be it an original antique or a brand named piece. How it feels on the hand, wrist or neck while it is on. I admire the attention to detail in how it is constructed. I have been lucky enough to visit the jewellery bench in Place Vendome in Paris for Van cleef and Arpels. I was able to watch the construction of a mystery set broach made in rubies and yellow gold and platinum. Each stone was being hand cut by the lapidary to fit in the intricately maze of sliding rails to create a visual effect of a velvet ruby ribbon. Vendors who only think of cut quality would never put this much attention to detail and hand craft anything to perfection. It’s just about putting a few numbers into a computer and put pops identical perfect stones. Some people like this, and for some projects it’s right. Sometimes you want to explore and collect other aspects of what’s available in the jewellery world. As you say, people vary.

I absolutely recognize and appreciate quality in anything people can make including jewelry.
But I think putting diamonds, that have not been cut for optimum light performance, into jewelry masterpieces is unforgivable.

Yes, people have different priorities and obviously plenty patronize these businesses, but they'll never get a dime out of me.
As I say, people vary.

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an amazing stack!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

I LOVE HOF! I've been obsessed with them since college! Back in the day, my best friend and I sent away for their promo video VHS and I would watch it and dream. I still desire a HOF something :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@susimoo that is a FAB stack!! :cool2: :kiss2:

And the JUC is delicious on top... You really do owe it to your wrist to give it one... :geek::bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just thinking aloud here...not really sure I want them.... So I've bought a VCA turquoise Rose de Noel clip/pendant and would like to add TQ earrings. I think I'd prefer magic Alhambra earrings over RdN. Only thing is VCA hasn't produced any Alhambra TQ pieces for years and a pair of TQ RdN may come up. Eventually, I think even TQ RdN earrings will be halted altogether (they've already stopped producing the TQ RdN clip/pendant and I am led to believe I bought the last one in the world). So if I don't take these soon, I may be completely out of TQ earrings altogether and I'd be back on the secondhand market searching; and as you all know, the secondhand market is extremely difficult to navigate, what with so many fakes flooding it and also there aren't that many magic TQ earrings around anyway.

Now, here's the issue: the price of these RdN earrings has rocketed from Euro 29,300 in 2018 to Euro 35,000. My TQ RdN clip/pendant (and my lapis one for that matter) cost very close to this price, even for a single piece. So, should I just be prepared to accept the outrageous pricing, knowing that I'd never be able to get them otherwise. Or should I continue to search the secondhand market for magic TQ Alhambra earrings instead?

Oh, and I like sets, so would really like TQ earrings to go with my clip/pendant.

Here's a pic of these beauties (NOT the ones I'd be buying, just for illustration):

1590816890923.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just thinking aloud here...not really sure I want them.... So I've bought a VCA turquoise Rose de Noel and would like to add TQ earrings. I think I'd prefer magic Alhambra earrings over RdN. Only thing is VCA hasn't produced any Alhambra TQ pieces for years and this pair of TQ RdN may come up. Eventually, I think even TQ RdN earrings will be halted altogether (they've already stopped producing the TQ RdN clip/pendant and I am led to believe I bought the last one in the world). So if I don't take these soon, I may be completely out of TQ earrings altogether and I'd be back on the secondhand market searching; and as you all know, the secondhand market is extremely difficult to navigate, what with so many fakes flooding it.

Now, here's the issue: the price of these RdN earrings has rocketed from Euro 29,300 in 2018 to Euro 35,000. Both my RdN (TQ and lapis) cost very close to this price, even for single pieces. So, should I just be prepared to accept the outrageous pricing, knowing that I'd never be able to get them otherwise.

Oh, and I like sets, so would really like TQ earrings to go with my clip/pendant.

Here's a pic of these beauties (NOT the ones I'd be buying, just for illustration):

My honest opinion - this is WAY too much money to spend on something you aren't head-over-heels for.

Yes, turqoise is ridiculously hard to come by. But if you're willing to wait long enough I am 100% confident that you will find exactly what you're looking for. I also think the rdn earrings will be challenging to offload on the secondary market even in the coveted turqoise.

Plus... RdN is a LOT to go matchy-matchy with. It's a very, very distinctive, bold, and eyecatching design - and you're petite to begin with - I wouldn't ever choose to decorate you in matching RdN earrings and pendant/clip simultaneously anyway @Phoenix!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've made some very valid points,@yssie. I am a tiny person and the RdN design very bold. I wish VCA would make RdN earrings in a smaller size. I would happily wear them as a set, if the earrings weren't so big.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: yeah, the size is a major consideration. If they were smaller and less heavy and therefore cost less, I'd jump on them! I may even prefer them over magic Alhambra TQ earrings.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have enjoyed this thread, yet I also enjoyed kenny's input. When one is enmeshed in this thread, one doesn't think of the things he mentioned, even though-as jewelry aficionados-we all pride ourselves on owning pieces that are beautiful to our eyes.

Although I enjoy some branded pieces, I also like the work of some other jewelry designers not listed here. Buccellati and Gurhan come to mind immediately. I love it that my Gurhan pieces are 24K gold and I love the artistry of my Buccellati earrings and my Gurhan pieces.When I buy a piece of jewelry by one of these designers I don't buy a piece that will naturally be produced exactly the same way again.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have enjoyed this thread, yet I also enjoyed kenny's input. When one is enmeshed in this thread, one doesn't think of the things he mentioned, even though-as jewelry aficionados-we all pride ourselves on owning pieces that are beautiful to our eyes.

Although I enjoy some branded pieces, I also like the work of some other jewelry designers not listed here. Buccellati and Gurhan come to mind immediately. I love it that my Gurhan pieces are 24K gold and I love the artistry of my Buccellati earrings and my Gurhan pieces.When I buy a piece of jewelry by one of these designers I don't buy a piece that will naturally be produced exactly the same way again.

Deb will you be partaking of the ongoing Gurhan sale? :halo:

Buccellati's LE Opera Colour pieces.
Especially that Tulle MOP.
They will be mine.

1590876621533.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They will be mine.

1590876621533.png

As soon as I saw I learned about the Gurhan sale (which happened to be courtesy of a posting Monnie put up in the Jewelry Pieces forum), I went to look at it. I do not think I am in the market for jewelry now, though. I am not wearing anything except studs (albeit 24K studs) to keep my ear piercings open.

Gorgeous necklace!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A completely unexpected birthday gift!! :love:

Etoile in RG, size S.

Tiffany1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tiffany2.png

Tiffany4.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Etoile in RG, size S.

Tiffany1.png

Tiffany2.png

Tiffany4.png

@yssie, this is absolutely stunning, I can't tell you how much I love this piece! What a fabulous birthday gift. Happy Birthday!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful gift Yssie! It looks perfect on you - Tiffany really has some of these pieces down to a science! I had an Etoile wedding band that I eventually sold but it truly felt like butter on the finger.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17!! I've been away from home for a while - it's lovely to be back ❤

@MissGotRocks It's butter on the wrist just as your ring was ::) The clasp is just the right amount of Tight, the hinge is just the right amount of Stiff - and it's shaped so that it'd be pretty much impossible to accidentally open it too far... One of my favourite parts is the way the azures line up straight on the inside - then"tunnel" at angles to make the undersides of the offset diamonds accessible... They've clearly been doing this for a long time! ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gahhh, I am far behind on here because I have to avoid Hangout to maintain my sanity! This is my favorite hangout thread!

I absolutely LOVE the Love bracelet with the diamond cuffs!!! I think that's the best pairing I have ever seen with that bracelet! I don't like the JUC anywhere near as much as I like it with the diamond cuffs. Beautiful!

I'm just thinking aloud here...not really sure I want them.... So I've bought a VCA turquoise Rose de Noel clip/pendant and would like to add TQ earrings. I think I'd prefer magic Alhambra earrings over RdN. Only thing is VCA hasn't produced any Alhambra TQ pieces for years and a pair of TQ RdN may come up. Eventually, I think even TQ RdN earrings will be halted altogether (they've already stopped producing the TQ RdN clip/pendant and I am led to believe I bought the last one in the world). So if I don't take these soon, I may be completely out of TQ earrings altogether and I'd be back on the secondhand market searching; and as you all know, the secondhand market is extremely difficult to navigate, what with so many fakes flooding it and also there aren't that many magic TQ earrings around anyway.

Now, here's the issue: the price of these RdN earrings has rocketed from Euro 29,300 in 2018 to Euro 35,000. My TQ RdN clip/pendant (and my lapis one for that matter) cost very close to this price, even for a single piece. So, should I just be prepared to accept the outrageous pricing, knowing that I'd never be able to get them otherwise. Or should I continue to search the secondhand market for magic TQ Alhambra earrings instead?

1590816890923.png

I agree with everything @yssie said regarding these earrings. I agree with both of you that they are just too much with the pendant especially since you are petite. I'd either wear diamond studs with it, or have you ever tried the yg pave Magic earrings with the pendant? That may or may not work, but I'd go with more simple earrings with the pendant. Maybe the yg perlee diamond studs would be good with these since they'd complement the center of the pendant.

They will be mine.

1590876621533.png

@yssie I think you know I am a fan of Buccellati Opera, as well. I'm still considering one of the sets once I finish out my VCA! And I love your new Etoile bangle! Definitely a great classic piece to own!

Volute

Rough_Rock

Etoile in RG, size S.

Tiffany1.png

Tiffany2.png

Tiffany4.png

You're photography makes me want the bracelet! It looks simply amazing on you. Was it on a wishlist or a complete surprise? :love:

Volute

Rough_Rock
For those who own Cartier pieces, do you find the 18k somewhat soft and easily scratched? Did it acquire a satisfactory patina over time? I have my eye on a few pieces, but I have to say I find my tank watch needs to be babied a bit. I adore it regardless, but I like knowing what I'm getting into.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're photography makes me want the bracelet! It looks simply amazing on you. Was it on a wishlist or a complete surprise? :love:

It was a complete surprise - which makes it that much more lovely! ❤

The first portion of my gift was a 5oz, 3" diameter silver coin from the mint - an uncirculated quarter with a pair of fruit bats on it. A combination he knew I needed to have - because silver is a precious metal used in jewellery and I'm always talking about how cute fruit bats are. The thought was darling, but the execution - definitely a little strange :bigsmile:Also completely unexpected!! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who own Cartier pieces, do you find the 18k somewhat soft and easily scratched? Did it acquire a satisfactory patina over time? I have my eye on a few pieces, but I have to say I find my tank watch needs to be babied a bit. I adore it regardless, but I like knowing what I'm getting into.

My Trinity pieces are all plain-metal, and they definitely scratch. It's probably worse with the Trinity style than others because the rings are forced to constantly rub against each other though! I don't have other gold Cartier pieces, but from photos of well-loved Loves - they do all seem to have some degree of patina. I think it's inevitable, really.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results