shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s See Some Solitaires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m now thinking of going with a 1 ct. solitaire with a pave band but I am still undecided on the cut I want. I''ve seen some gorgeous rings on this site that sold me on the pave band, unfortunately most of the rings I''ve seen have a huge stone (which is out of my price range for now.) So I would really like to see more gorgeous solitaires of every cut, and if they''re in the 1 ct. range, that''d be even better! But feel free to post 1.5 and above also because I just love looking at them!

So please bring on the eye candy!
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a thread on solitaire e-ring with diamond wedding bands..

link

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, those are helpful! One thread has stones that are all out of my price range, but the other one has some smaller stones that are very nice.

I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a 1 ct. stone on their finger. And it would be really great, if they wore around a size 7. Just to give me an idea of what it would look like on me. I''ve tried going to jewelry stores, but most around here don''t carry to pave bands.

Because of some of those rings, I''m actually considering a RB now and before I was set on getting a princess cut. I''m still undecided though.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Here is a thread on Show Me Your Diamond Eternity Wedding Sets which has a wide variety of sizes and types of stones/bands. Hope this helps!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
These are the two I am considering.

be711a79.jpg

b5fc629b.jpg

I think the round looks better in the setting, but I''ve always loved princess cuts.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 11:42:12 AM
Author: albicocca
Here is a thread on Show Me Your Diamond Eternity Wedding Sets which has a wide variety of sizes and types of stones/bands. Hope this helps!

Those rings are all so beautiful! Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
pictures can be deceiving and it''s really best to try them on in person. Here is a handmodel though that can give you a little bit of an idea of the visual size differences. she wears a size 6.

sizes_overview.jpg

Sizes: From left to right: 1.02ct [E/VS1], 1.21ct [G/VVS1], 1.51ct [F/SI1] and 2.01ct. [E/VS1] SuperbCert H&A diamonds

you can also check out this chart from amazon. you have to print it to get the actual sizes.

amazon chart

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
XChick03:

Here is a link to my ring. It is a 1.01 ct Square H&A with a pave band. My ring is currently sized at a 7.5, but it''s a little big, so my ring is probably closer to a 7....There is one bad camera phone hand shot towards the end of the first page.

The mm size of the center diamond is 5.52x5.48. A 1 ct. round would most likely be larger.

However, Mrssalvo is right - the best thing to do is try them on in different sizes....

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love your ring! I haven''t seen many square cuts with a pave setting, and yours is great!

Thanks a lot for posting that chart. It helps a lot. Though, I will go try on some rings to get a better idea.

I think I''m finally starting to decide what I want!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Xchick! I have a little over a carat princess cut and wear a size 7. My photo is on page 4 of the E ring folder.
Lisa
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s an awesome comparison shot MrsS...I saved it for the future!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine, which is only .78ct, and not the 1 ct you requested. But it is a solitaire!

kvlsolitaire.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
That''s actually perfect because the diamond I have picked out isn''t exactly a ct. Great stone, btw.
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Wow, there's not much difference between the 1.02 and the 1.21! I expected the size gap to be much bigger, to be honest!

XChick, here's mine.

90563454_e6995e82ff.jpg

.84ct RB, 1.20ctw with pave, size 6.25

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Go for pave!!!

How beautiful would that be? This is my solitaire. Pretty simple.
If I could do it again, I'd go for pave.
30.gif

My dream setting would be Jennifer's or Kaleigh's wedding sets.
Lots of sparkles! Woohoo!

Ring (Custom).jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julian,
somehow i''m guessing your center stone is not 1 carat lol..it looks like a boulder on your hand
23.gif
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 3:04:17 PM
Author: Julian
Go for pave!!!

How beautiful would that be? This is my solitaire. Pretty simple.
If I could do it again, I''d go for pave.
30.gif

My dream setting would be Jennifer''s or Kaleigh''s wedding sets.
Lots of sparkles! Woohoo!
Hey Julian do you have any more shots of that? Anything bigger and closer!
31.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock

26.gif
Mine''s an old hat! I''ve had it for over a year now.
26.gif

It reminds me of a time I tried on pearl earrings -- I remember going straight for the 10-13 mm studs. But they looked all wrong. The smaller, delicate 6mms were perfect.

Sometimes I wonder if bigger is always better. Most of the time I look down and the ring looks perfect on my hand. Then other times, I swear it looks like a big CZ! I guess it depends on the lighting. My wedding band is more delicate so when I feel like I want to be discreet, I just wear that.

But then I look at the fabulous bling here and go:

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ring2 (Custom).jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my two wedding sets: The smaller diamond is about 0.94 ct, and a little bit brownish stone - M color on the colorless scale if I remember right. The larger diamond is much prettier in person; sorry for the terrible photo! My diamond must have been filthy the day I took this picture. It is 1.09 ct. ideal cut, SI1 H. Although I can admire and even envy the smooth, classic simplicity of a solitaire (meaning truly no diamonds at all in the band), on me I found it boring, and I plan to reset my solitaire. The smaller diamond with the teeny diamonds in the band is the new match for my wedding ring, and I will reset my 1.09 into a white setting with side diamonds. I can''t tell you how much better I like the top e-ring (although I love my 1.09 diamond more!), even with only that tiny bit of sparkle in the band!

both sets.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
OFGirl,

i''m really liking how the w-band closest in is so sparkly. is it a reflection/light trick or are there tiny diamonds/engraving?

Whatever it is it''s yummy!
30.gif

TxBlonde

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 11:47:01 AM
Author: XChick03

be711a79.jpg

b5fc629b.jpg

I think the round looks better in the setting, but I''ve always loved princess cuts.

You and I have very similar taste! I want the same setting as this ring but with a 1 carat asscher(sq em). I love that setting!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Julian,

You still haven''t told us how BIG that monster is!!!
30.gif
And do you have specs???!!

Lynn (whoalwaysneedsthespecs!)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, Julian''s ring is a 3.01c stunner and it is on a size 4 finger. Jealous yet? I know I am, girlfriend!!
9.gif

Where is that damn finger lipo!!!!???

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 6:37:06 PM
Author: TxBlonde

Date: 1/31/2006 11:47:01 AM
Author: XChick03

be711a79.jpg

b5fc629b.jpg

You and I have very similar taste! I want the same setting as this ring but with a 1 carat asscher(sq em). I love that setting!
I actually thought of getting an asscher or a radiant, but 1 ct radiants look smaller than a 1 ct princess and I couldn''t find a really good cut asscher in my price range. I think the princess is still my favorite cut anyway.

I showed my boyfriend that picture and he loved it! Right after that, he mentioned the stone looked a little small (.90 ct.) and income taxes are coming in soon, so he might get it really soon and get a bigger stone! I''m so excited!
30.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
This is the most gorgeous blue diamond. 2.47 ct. and look at that baby sparkle.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cc_1_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results