shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Desperately need input on what to wear w/ WB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Attached is a picture of my wedding band. I can''t figure out what would be the best ER style to wear with it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

DSCN2315.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful wedding band!!!! You could wear a pretty solitaire in yellow gold with a platinum head. What have you tried on with it???

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I will attach a few pics. Any that are white gold/ platinum, you have to use your imagination to picture them in yellow with my WB. When I try any on, even if it''s not perfect, I try to think what I do and don''t like about them to decide on a design that might work. So any viewers, please use your imagination and give lots of feedback! Thanks.

Wider_Shank.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one with a solitaire with a thinner band.

thin solitaire.JPG

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an antique-looking one.

antique side.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry these are all separate. Doesn''t this website allow multiple pictures to be attached to one mailing?

Here''s the antique one from the top.

antique top.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I should have mentioned about that last one, the antique top view: The sides were like a carved white-gold, with a teeny-tiny diamond in it. On the left as you can see, the little diamond fell out. Anyway, I always wondered what this ring might look like with side pears where those carved areas are. If anyone could photoshop some in I''d be curious!

Anyway, on to the next picture. This one has several small side stones:

sm sides.JPG

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I think that a bezel set diamond solitaire would look nice with your wedding band. I love your band, by the way.

stupglg49.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another:

sq side.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow my reply started a new topic. Here it is again for continuity:

Thanks for the feedback so far and suggestions, and especiallly for compliments on my wedding band. They really are appreciated, because so often I am second-guessing it and want to give up on it and say, forget this wedding band, let''s just try to find a completely new set. But if it''s possible to get something satisfactory with it, it would be nice to keep it.
Here is another one, in answer to "what have I tried on with it?"

two sides fr top.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
One more for now with side pears instead of rounds. This one has a kind of weird shank, and it''s platinum, but if you can picture it with YG shank in a proper shape ......

side pears.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think either the three stone or the solitaire. Your wedding band is so lovely and unique you dont want it to be invisable. But wow how funny to hav eso many lovely options!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Just from what you''ve shown pictured with your wband, it seems like you are looking for something kind of matchy. Another thought would be a gold band of the same size as your wband, custom engraved in the same way. Is that an option?

I''m just thinking that your band is so pretty and unique looking the way it is, I would probably avoid something that would conflict with it or draw attention away from it. Some of the styles you''ve pictured tend to look like they are fighting for attention with the wband to me. I''d choose either a simple solitaire or the solitaire with matching engraving, with or without the diamonds set into the ering band. I don''t think you want to do something with millgrain or any kind of engraving that would not match your wband. As far as side stones go...I don''t know, but I think I''d avoid them. There are already diamonds in the band, and I''d just go for a large single stone on the ering that would really "pop". A lucida type setting might look nice, too.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like the first picture you posted - the solitaire with the thicker band. Normally I like either matching widths on the e-ring and wedding band or a thinner wedding band than e-ring. I agree that some of the other rings take away from your wedding band.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I''m with jellybean...of all the options you''ve shown, I''d go with either one of the first two.

denverkat

Rough_Rock
My immediate reaction was that the second one (the thinner band) was really a great match...good luck deciding!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
That wedding band is gorgeous!
What about a half-bezel solitaire with the same leafy engraving framing the bezel?
I also like the first solitaire one with the thicker band too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love the one with the thinner band, it doesn't compete with the wedding band. There was also a pic with a solitaire that had bead set diamonds in the band and thought that looked nice too. I think it was the 5th picture.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Ditto what Kaleigh said about the thinner band. You have such a unique wedding band -- it would be nice to keep the attention on that (and your stone, of course).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just wondering where all those rings came from that you showed with your wedding band??? Did you photo shop them?????

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not into any type of bezel at all with your band, it's too delicate looking for such a modern piece!

I like the solitaire or something similar to the first few you posted, stunning!! The thinner one I think looks the best. Nice hands too.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the look of the 3 stone round with your wband the best!!

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
I love the first antique ring with it the most.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
What is a lucida type setting?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote #3, followed by number 2

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I think I like the simple solitaire with the thinner band, the second picture you posted, the best. Obviously this will come down to your personal preference!

And same question as Kaleigh....where did you find all of those rings to try on?

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Some are photoshop''ed; often I will ask a friend (or new acquaintance!) with a ring that is at all of interest (even if not a perfect match, but something to give me ideas) I ask if I can try it on with my wedding ring and take pictures. (This has been going on for a while.) I am constantly looking at people''s rings. And one day when shopping, and liking the ring but just not really sure, the sales person said why not take it home with their return policy and think about it. I did, decided against it (for now), so I hope it wasn''t bad to take the picture, but it helps me decide and remember, and I could still go back and get it if it''s still available even though for now I am undecided and would still like to see if I can get something that''s a better complement. I am going to play with photoshop some more when I get time.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
(Another way I''ve used is to take a picture with a cheap, fake ring.)

Here is an example where I tried on a ring just for the width comparison, even though I didn''t think an emerald cut diamond would be right for me. (Plus the ring was white gold, although it''s been worn for so many years, and maybe the lighting and/or reflection from my ring, causes it to look more yellow.) My WB is 18kt yellow gold. This again belongs to someone I know.

width comp.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
i like the solitares. they don''t compete w/your beautiful wedding band!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Your wedding band is just lovely! Beautiful and unique.
I like the thicker solitaire and the 3 stone round. Both look fantastic, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results