color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok so back to macaroons
there is this shop in Christchurch that make the most delectable ones
(i hope they are still in bussiness) they do a lovelly summer fruit range
anyway Bruce Springsteen finally came to the mainland (that's the South Island) i stayed with my sister
it was just after mum had died
she had been sick for a long time - poor mum was basically a vegetable and it had been touch and go for some time. i was not joking when i said she was going on ice but i was not missing my two Bruce Springsteen shows
anyway i had brought my sister a ticket
for the sake of my parents memory i was making a big effort to do the right thing and try to get along with her
anyway i brought her a box of macaroons (they are really exspensive)
she hid them in the freezer
but my nephew (perhaps 12 years old at the time) found them and instead of removing all the evidence he scoffed the lot and left the empty box in the freezer :angryfire: :angryfire:
no body was happy about it

anyway i brought Gary home a box too (he didn't scoff the lot) and i use the empty box to keep my mall pretties in

the macarrons were literly every colour of the rainbow

...and yes, these are the type of pattened winter sheets you get if you leave it till almost too late to buy them :lol-2:
20220706_132500.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
when my sister was little (im 5 years older) her favourite colour was purple
i always brought her a purple gift at Christmas and birthday
for her 21st a silver amethyst braclete (i wish i had kept for myself)

anyway i think at one stage she said rather ungreatfully just because it was her favourite colour when she was 6 doesn't mean its her favourite colour now
when i was in South Africa the first time we had never seen these little gem trees
(i posted the bigger aventurine one not that long ago)
this one was only five Rand on the side of the road
(i also brought her home a really nice pearl gold ring)

anyway she obviously did not treasure the wee amethyst gem tree :(2
it was wrapped up with all mum's stuff that went to me when my sister cleaned out mum's town house when mum went into the lock up dementia facility (someone recently around here had a nicer name for places like that ?)
so it sits happily in a corner of my china cabinet

20220706_132039.jpg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
when my sister was little (im 5 years older) her favourite colour was purple
i always brought her a purple gift at Christmas and birthday
for her 21st a silver amethyst braclete (i wish i had kept for myself)

anyway i think at one stage she said rather ungreatfully just because it was her favourite colour when she was 6 doesn't mean its her favourite colour now
when i was in South Africa the first time we had never seen these little gem trees
(i posted the bigger aventurine one not that long ago)
this one was only five Rand on the side of the road
(i also brought her home a really nice pearl gold ring)

anyway she obviously did not treasure the wee amethyst gem tree :(2
it was wrapped up with all mum's stuff that went to me when my sister cleaned out mum's town house when mum went into the lock up dementia facility (someone recently around here had a nicer name for places like that ?)
@Daisys and Diamonds it is an adorable gem tree and i think it does count for purple. You were so sweet to get all those gifts for your sister.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, @Autumn in New England, it is not working. I feel sad about the shootings in Chicago and Uvalde. I lived in the US for over 4 years, and my sister still lives there. I feel an affinity with the US and have good friends there. :love:
Oh wow... that is positively transcendent. ❤️ Thank you for sharing it.

Isn't is doubly sad that as we were discussing the Denmark tragedy, we suffered another in the US yesterday? What we're doing is clearly not working, and I mean that in all respects.

@Daisys and Diamonds You are so kind and i could imagine you being Danish. I am not Scandinavian, although I lived there. My ancestry is a mix of Asian and European, and I now live in Singapore. I was pained because I love Denmark. Like you, I have friends there as well as in Norway and Sweden. I admire the Danish royals too. I could wander around the grounds of their palaces and castles, and see the lights in their windows. Everything was so accessible and egalitarian. Danes have good taste - my fav architect is Bjarke Ingels. Of course they have great taste in music too!
enjoy your lovelly summer
you certainly deserve it
all you Scandinavians are so hardy
i have real respect for you all
i do particularly have great respect
for HM Queen Margrethe (and thank goodness HM speaks English because i don't speak Danish)
my online Bruce Springsteen community is actually Danish in that our webmaster is Danish, as much as i love Anerica and Americans with all my heart Scandinavians are the best Bruce Springsteen are the best Bruce Springsteen fans, so i consider myself part Danish !

ok so back to macaroons
there is this shop in Christchurch that make the most delectable ones
(i hope they are still in bussiness) they do a lovelly summer fruit range
anyway Bruce Springsteen finally came to the mainland (that's the South Island) i stayed with my sister
it was just after mum had died
she had been sick for a long time - poor mum was basically a vegetable and it had been touch and go for some time. i was not joking when i said she was going on ice but i was not missing my two Bruce Springsteen shows
anyway i had brought my sister a ticket
for the sake of my parents memory i was making a big effort to do the right thing and try to get along with her
anyway i brought her a box of macaroons (they are really exspensive)
she hid them in the freezer
but my nephew (perhaps 12 years old at the time) found them and instead of removing all the evidence he scoffed the lot and left the empty box in the freezer :angryfire: :angryfire:
no body was happy about it

anyway i brought Gary home a box too (he didn't scoff the lot) and i use the empty box to keep my mall pretties in

the macarrons were literly every colour of the rainbow

...and yes, these are the type of pattened winter sheets you get if you leave it till almost too late to buy them :lol-2:
20220706_132500.jpg

So sorry to hear about your poor mum. :| But I'm thrilled you got to see your beloved Bruce in person... and good lawd those macarons look goooood!! Love your mall pretties too. ;-)

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Blue: This one is a bit of a puzzle. It's called K2 stone, after the mountain peak. It's also called K2 jasper (though it's clearly not jasper) or K2 granite (though it's granite only in the broad sense).

There is a long discussion about it on another forum. (We are not allowed to link, but it has a lot of MINeral DATa, and it's ORGanized. Search and ye shall find.) Everyone's first opinion, like mine, was that it has to be fake. But after much discussion and testing, the consensus seem to be that it's natural, the blue mineral is azurite, the base material is mostly feldspar, and it comes not from K2 but from a location about 80km South. There seems to be no consensus on how it was formed.

K2.jpg

This is so awesome. I would have also thought the perfect blue polka dots were fake, but nature isn't stingy on surprises!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
if i win lotto im coming to Singapore to buy a jadeite bangle
i assume they would make one to order to fit my wide but small and pudgy hand/ wrist

I hope you win the lotto! Jadeite bangles come in different shapes and sizes, so yes!

@Crimson I did not know you were living in Singapore!! How interesting. I bought my chrysoberyl ring from the loveliest gentleman there. ❤️ Also, I think jadeite shows the prettiest lavender color of all gems.

PINK plays next!
@Autumn in New England Lavender jadeite is rarer than green and difficult to find in saturated hues and fine texture. This is a nice piece but a bit small. I remember your vivid and large chrysoberyl with that playful setting. :kiss2: Who was the vendor?
Singapore has vibrant gems and jewellery scene… temptation is everywhere. There are the traditional jewellers who have been here for generations, the big international brands, the ultra luxury shops and new ones in the custom-made segment. It is heady mix in a compact space!
20220707_144311.jpg
i have no idea if maybe its dyed but im pretty happy with the colour

i am off to play with my Whitby jet
Happy playing! These are true sakura pink - so pretty :love::love:

Last edited:
20220707_144311.jpg
i have no idea if maybe its dyed but im pretty happy with the colour

i am off to play with my Whitby jet

Well isn't this fortuitous!! Your long-awaited RQ beads showed up just in time for our pink spot this round!! They are going to contrast so beautifully with the jet. Can't wait to see the finished piece. :kiss2:

I hope you win the lotto! Jadeite bangles come in different shapes and sizes, so yes!

@Autumn in New England Lavender jadeite is rarer than green and difficult to find in saturated hues and fine texture. This is a nice piece but a bit small. I remember your vivid and large chrysoberyl with that playful setting. :kiss2: Who was the vendor?
Singapore has vibrant gems and jewellery scene… temptation is everywhere. There are the traditional jewellers who have been here for generations, the big international brands, the ultra luxury shops and new ones in the custom-made segment. It is heady mix in a compact space!

Happy playing! These are true sakura pink - so pretty :love::love:

Oh I can imagine! The folks I purchased the chrysoberyl ring from clearly have their fingers on the pulse of the gem and jewelry trade. I feel like the ring is something only a true collector would have cooked up, you know? The seller's name is Hae Kyung Yoon. :) I believe it's a husband and wife team.

Yep, RED is next! @CircularBrilliant Your new and fabulous ruby/diamond eternity band would be a great addition to our thread this round!!
1899448obhhwxi0xs.gif

I thought it might be interesting to see several different red rubies from East Africa in the rough.

RubyRoughEastAfrica.jpg

I find this sort of stuff so fascinating... the exact same chemical composition, but with different personalities due to infinitesimal anomalies in trace elements depending on location. Look at the Winza crystal on the right...
jitteryfooguy.gif
Thank you for posting!

ORANGE is next, my peeps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results