shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
20210225_195514.jpg
this is very naughty but im pleeding innocence because im yet to chase up the jewler to find out what this actually is
it was in a box of mum's stuff 9k rose gold but way too big for any of my relatives
i have my susbisions what it might be hence the spoiler (to bend the rules)

dang the spoiler didnt work
i tried !
anyway if someome has a red we can use it
or we can go back to pink

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
20210225_195514.jpg
this is very naughty but im pleeding innocence because im yet to chase up the jewler to find out what this actually is
it was in a box of mum's stuff 9k rose gold but way too big for any of my relatives
i have my susbisions what it might be hence the spoiler (to bend the rules)

dang the spoiler didnt work
i tried !
anyway if someome has a red we can use it
or we can go back to pink

I think this setting is even more gorgeous, now that I am finally seeing it full face! I hope you are wrong in your suspicions.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
so back to something pink...
i scratch my head trying to think of something pink
but i had this poster on my bedroom wall as a kid
its Jessica from Logan's run - the tv series
39af9ac6aa8354525246b7edb8d4d615--logans-run-fictional-characters.jpg

i just watched the movie on netflex and was shocked Jessica was in a green dress and was played by Sister Julianne from call the midwife o_O

That pink dress would not be out of place today! I would wear it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this setting is even more gorgeous, now that I am finally seeing it full face! I hope you are wrong in your suspicions.

thank you
i do love the setting also

when i get brave enough and have more confidence and more practice at succesful internet purchases of the sparkly kind - with the help of you all of course - im going to put a smokey quartz in it.
but right now i am practising by buying gemstone beads (all with a purposes in mind - not willy nilly) - and its been a bit hit and miss with the sizes
that's not so bad because beads dont cost a lot but also its kinda hard to return stuff from here so i got to get some thing more exspensive right the first time
ive wanted a smokey quartz for ages to match my rose gold pendent and it will be a good starter stone as i want to replace some of the coloured stones in my mall pieces

regardless of what this pink turns out to be i want to set her in a simple silver pendent setting - but back to front
i love the shape of this stone from the back of the ring

im hoping its a synthetic tourmaline
but it night just be pretty glass - that's ok
i and possible my mother and definatly my sister thought it was just a cheap brass ring so anything else is a bonus

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
thank you
i do love the setting also

when i get brave enough and have more confidence and more practice at succesful internet purchases of the sparkly kind - with the help of you all of course - im going to put a smokey quartz in it.
but right now i am practising by buying gemstone beads (all with a purposes in mind - not willy nilly) - and its been a bit hit and miss with the sizes
that's not so bad because beads dont cost a lot but also its kinda hard to return stuff from here so i got to get some thing more exspensive right the first time
ive wanted a smokey quartz for ages to match my rose gold pendent and it will be a good starter stone as i want to replace some of the coloured stones in my mall pieces

regardless of what this pink turns out to be i want to set her in a simple silver pendent setting - but back to front
i love the shape of this stone from the back of the ring

im hoping its a synthetic tourmaline
but it night just be pretty glass - that's ok
i and possible my mother and definatly my sister thought it was just a cheap brass ring so anything else is a bonus

I have been surprised to see precious stones like ruby and sapphire set in sterling silver. I just didn't think they did that- amethyst, blue topaz, citrine, garnet, smokey quartz, yes, because they are inexpensive stones. But ruby and sapphire? So, who knows, you may be happily surprised to have something authentic set in that 9k gold. I sure hope so!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been surprised to see precious stones like ruby and sapphire set in sterling silver. I just didn't think they did that- amethyst, blue topaz, citrine, garnet, smokey quartz, yes, because they are inexpensive stones. But ruby and sapphire? So, who knows, you may be happily surprised to have something authentic set in that 9k gold. I sure hope so!

fingers crossed
i mean if anything should be set in silver its glass :lol-2: :lol-2:

i think with the price of gold right now (along with the price of everything else) we might see more stones set in silver - not top notch stones obviously but perhaps some nice stones
i mean that's ok for occasional wear but i would hope a silver ER would be replaced with gold when a struggling couple's finances allow

my collection is some 18k, some 9-10k and not much silver (rings anyway) but i like silver - its a bit more rock & roll (ok my major influence on most things is Bruce Springsteen ;)2 )
im always careful not to have different k's touch and the silver keeps to itself although im getting braver mixing and matching on the same hand - just not touching

i do always feel sorry for amethysts when i see them down the mall set in very plain or even ugly silver settings, same for peridot

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
My little parcel of lemon quartz. I found it impossible to get the greenish yellow accurately shown on I phone photo. However, based on Gene’s photo, I guess the green cast on mine is less strong then his. A8AE5902-C29C-4A21-83F8-0102983D7A75.jpeg

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Green: Maw sit sit.

This is found only northern Burma, in the same areas as jadeite. The green mineral is kosomochlor, sodium chromium clinopyroxene. The green colour comes from the chromium.

I've just bought this one, and I'm planning to set it is a simple yellow gold bezel ring.

MawSitSit.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is found only northern Burma, in the same areas as jadeite. The green mineral is kosomochlor, sodium chromium clinopyroxene. The green colour comes from the chromium.

I've just bought this one, and I'm planning to set it is a simple yellow gold bezel ring.

MawSitSit.jpg

i have read about this stone
i love yours
what an awsome size
its like a watermellon :kiss2:
is it going to be a pendent

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
The two big stones next the the danburite are Scapolite from Tanzania. The other stone with the green cast is a quartz. They call it lime quartz.

That was fun! Thank you!!

Yay! Thank you, Gene for a game within a game.
Now it is time for GREEN.
I received this. I think it is a cat’s eye chrysoberyl. Does it look like a chrysoberyl to you? it is set in 22K gold.

B78AA56E-A525-4D87-976C-88373504E9D5.jpeg 31891EDC-B09F-4D98-866A-9A40CC37B441.jpeg

It sure does! Fabulous!! It has some of that milk and honey effect going on, which is highly coveted.

Blue: Labradorite, inexpensive but with fascinating iridescence. This specimen seems to be a single crystal (because the schiller plane spans the whole surface).

Labradorite.jpg

I'm a big fan of labradorite and spectrolite in general. This is lovely!

C9608E54-8E4C-4059-BFE0-EE2B048C8F73.jpeg

Lavender (bluish-lavender) jadeite bangle

This is my idea of the perfect shade of lavender (as I think @Crimson and I were recently discussing). I looove the tinge of blue...

More purple: lavender spinel crystals from somewhere in the Koksha Valley, Afghanistan:
Lavender spinels 2.JPG

More gorgeous lavender stones... I get all giddy when I see our beloved gems in crystal, raw, or specimen form. I love the frosted look of the colors.

My little parcel of lemon quartz. I found it impossible to get the greenish yellow accurately shown on I phone photo. However, based on Gene’s photo, I guess the green cast on mine is less strong then his. A8AE5902-C29C-4A21-83F8-0102983D7A75.jpeg

Love this coloration... it took me forever to find a chrysoberyl in just the right green to yellow ratio with vivid saturation. Much like your fanta spess hunt!

MawSitSit.jpg

When I was studying at the GIA and came across this material in my gem books for the first time, I remember thinking the name was so comical. For a good week, I would randomly say to my mother, "ma, sit sit!" She had no idea what I was going on about... but she'd sit down anyway. :lol-2: Beautiful cab!!

blue !
i got this !
i got this in my letterbox yesterday
its very minimalistic for me
excuse out of focus photo
it took a while to get here
its larimar on a silver chain
20220714_171906.jpg

Saw this on the larimar thread... again, love the simplicity of it! Understated, but a natural beauty. Congrats!!

I‘m going to continue the ‘“just got this” theme of @Starstruck8 and @Daisys and Diamonds. Here is my newly arrived fluorite in indigo and Ribena magenta-purple.
It has a bit of rainbow glitter. 03C82354-6280-4F64-AD03-FB8C66CA349C.jpeg

This is stunning, my friend. I always wished fluorite was a harder gem... I so want a ring set with the banded material! But at least we can have necklaces and earrings - and towers!

I think our old friend PINK is up!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know somewhere out in the garage in a moving box is a polished slice of some gemstone that looks just like a watermelon ..... somewhere ?
one day (when its warmer) ill find and and show you
until then pink awaits
diamond-cartoon-icon-image-vector-15786744.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results