motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let Me See Your Solitaire Engagement Ring WITH Your Plai

Awwwww - thanks for your kind words!

ArielleB

Shiny_Rock

It's a very comfortable, easy set to wear (I never take it off). I mainly went bezel for my kids-your paediatrician chose a very kid-friendly setting.

Sorry, I was unclear in my last post-I know you linked your stunning oec, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if your JA avatar were to grow bigger :naughty:

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my simple set!

KristyDarling, you made me fall in love all over again with my set with the way you described it! You have a stunning solitaire set as well. :love:

I'm very picky about a plain set to match perfectly. I was lucky enough to buy the solitaire at a local jeweller and to order the band from e-wedding bands and to have them match to perfection. The only set that would fit my perfectionism as well is the BGD grace with matching band. But it's a whole lot more than I paid for my set!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

Butterfly17|1418245004|3799065 said:
My Tiffany Bezet in Rose Gold (.16 ctw) with a etsy Twist band and matching Tiffany Bezet plain band.

I LOVE your set Butterly17! I love bezels and small stones and with the twist band, it's perfection!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

ArielleB|1419122438|3805033 said:
Love this thread, these sets are simply beautiful.

After a blingy first set, I love my new set: Tiffany Lucida 2mm band, and the Ering is a GOG antique cushion (1.01 I VS2) in DS's old Leon Mege solitaire that I then had bezelled.

Stunning, absolutely stunning! :love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Something about this look really appeals to me at this point in my life and it is the direction I chose to go for my recent upgrade to a 2.5 carat Brian Gavin Signature diamond in their classic Tiffany half round setting in platinum with the matching wedding band. My previous ring was a Hearts on Fire 3-stone with pave on three sides of the shank and it is now a right hand ring.

img_6492.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

SUNDIAL- :love: I am absolutely enamored with your set! :love:

Please post more photos if you wouldn't mind. In particular, I would love to see a profile shot of your beautiful set. I am debating between the BGD Tiffany Half Round that you own and the Tiffany Tapered Half Round for myself.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Crystal I don't think you can go wrong with either ring, but I have to say that I adore the half round and it exceeded my expectations. Hope this profile view helps.

img_6493.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sundial|1419728485|3808484 said:
Something about this look really appeals to me at this point in my life and it is the direction I chose to go for my recent upgrade to a 2.5 carat Brian Gavin Signature diamond in their classic Tiffany half round setting in platinum with the matching wedding band. My previous ring was a Hearts on Fire 3-stone with pave on three sides of the shank and it is now a right hand ring.

Sundial! So great to see you here! And with this new beauty in tow, WOW!!!! :clap: It is absolutely stunning! I love the profile, too. I agree with you about being ready for this look now. After having a 3-stone and halo and other ornate styles, for me a simple solitaire is like a breath of fresh air. 8) Congratulations on this gorgeous set. It suits your elegant hands perfectly!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I so understand what you are saying here. I have thought many times about doing just this but never seem to be able to completely make up my mind. I too love the simple elegance of this look! Tell us the specs of your new stone - so pretty!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sundial, I completely agree with Crystal, MissGotRocks and KristyDarling. Your gorgeous solitaire is classically beautiful and fresh and elegant in every way. Love it so much. :love: Enjoy in health and happiness!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

KristyDarling|1419741606|3808590 said:

Sundial! So great to see you here! And with this new beauty in tow, WOW!!!! :clap: It is absolutely stunning! I love the profile, too. I agree with you about being ready for this look now. After having a 3-stone and halo and other ornate styles, for me a simple solitaire is like a breath of fresh air. 8) Congratulations on this gorgeous set. It suits your elegant hands perfectly!

Hi Kristy it is so nice to see old friends again! Thank you for your kind thoughts on my new set. I love yours too and the way you wear it with a plain band, but also mix it up with some stacking bands. It keeps things interesting.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

MissGotRocks|1419770222|3808656 said:

I so understand what you are saying here. I have thought many times about doing just this but never seem to be able to completely make up my mind. I too love the simple elegance of this look! Tell us the specs of your new stone - so pretty!!

MGR when I first started thinking about an upgrade I thought I needed a more elaborate setting, but after trying on some different styles in person and looking over hundreds of Pricescope photos I realized that I just wanted something simple that was all about the diamond. I can always add diamond or colored gemstone bands later on if I decide I need to change it up a bit. My new stone is a Brian Gavin Signature AGS triple 0 2.54 carat I VS1 with negligible fluorescence. I am not color sensitive at all and can't tell the difference between the I and the F colored center stone in my old ring.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

missy|1419773319|3808674 said:
Sundial, I completely agree with Crystal, MissGotRocks and KristyDarling. Your gorgeous solitaire is classically beautiful and fresh and elegant in every way. Love it so much. :love: Enjoy in health and happiness!

Thank you so much Missy! There is something to be said for simplicity.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sundial|1419779548|3808698 said:
MissGotRocks|1419770222|3808656 said:

MGR when I first started thinking about an upgrade I thought I needed a more elaborate setting, but after trying on some different styles in person and looking over hundreds of Pricescope photos I realized that I just wanted something simple that was all about the diamond. I can always add diamond or colored gemstone bands later on if I decide I need to change it up a bit. My new stone is a Brian Gavin Signature AGS triple 0 2.54 carat I VS1 with negligible fluorescence. I am not color sensitive at all and can't tell the difference between the I and the F colored center stone in my old ring.

So glad that you found a stone that you love! There are some beautiful settings on PS but the elaborate ones are not for me either - I much prefer the simpler, classic settings. I am a diamond and polished metal girl through and through! Your set is just beautiful and I couldn't be happier for you. I always loved your three stone as well so I'm glad that you get to wear and enjoy both!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Sundial|1419733009|3808530 said:
Crystal I don't think you can go wrong with either ring, but I have to say that I adore the half round and it exceeded my expectations. Hope this profile view helps.

The profile view of your ring is magnificent! Thank you for sharing :)

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock

Orchid Lei|1418092546|3798004 said:
Here is my little 0.33 stone in a simple set. I love it for daily wear.

solitaire_plain.jpg
Your set is just perfection somehow. As other posters have said, it's the proportions, the patina - it just all works together so well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

This is a great thread Crystal24K--classic beauties!!

cheers--Sharon

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

canuk-gal|1419810700|3808888 said:
HI:

This is a great thread Crystal24K--classic beauties!!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you! I am getting great enjoyment out of it also :)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

Zizzy|1419803991|3808841 said:
Orchid Lei|1418092546|3798004 said:
Here is my little 0.33 stone in a simple set. I love it for daily wear.

solitaire_plain.jpg
Your set is just perfection somehow. As other posters have said, it's the proportions, the patina - it just all works together so well.

I totally agree. I keep staring at it. I just love it.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

I feel so lucky to be getting all these compliments about my set! :) I want to upgrade the stone to a better cut eventually because it's a poor cut (and set this one in a pendant), but in the meantime, it's keeping me quite happy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SUNDIAL!!!! SO GREAT to see you!!! :wavey: What a gorgeous upgrade!!! Please post your own thread!!!

Ahhh, and my AVR is also I VS1! I am glad we took the chance to go a little lower in color on the larger stones!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1419893624|3809309 said:
SUNDIAL!!!! SO GREAT to see you!!! :wavey: What a gorgeous upgrade!!! Please post your own thread!!!

Ahhh, and my AVR is also I VS1! I am glad we took the chance to go a little lower in color on the larger stones!

DS I am so glad to "see" you again!!! You have such great taste in jewelry that your compliment on my new set is extra special. I have drooled over the photos of your stunning AVR and I was actually planning on the Vatche U113 for my upgrade setting. But then I found the perfect diamond at Brian Gavin and took a chance on their classic Tiffany half round and I am quite happy with the end result. And I agree that I VS1 is a great combination. Thank you so much for posting here!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sundial|1419902076|3809372 said:
diamondseeker2006|1419893624|3809309 said:

DS I am so glad to "see" you again!!! You have such great taste in jewelry that your compliment on my new set is extra special. I have drooled over the photos of your stunning AVR and I was actually planning on the Vatche U113 for my upgrade setting. But then I found the perfect diamond at Brian Gavin and took a chance on their classic Tiffany half round and I am quite happy with the end result. And I agree that I VS1 is a great combination. Thank you so much for posting here!

Thank you! I have missed seeing you and hope you will have time to drop in more often!

PrincessMichelle

Rough_Rock

Here's mine! I change up my wedding bands- eternity and cartier love...and sometimes I just wear my e-ring

_26034.jpg

_26035.jpg

_26036.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results