shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I'm sorry :(
What are you treating this with?
I have heard that cool compresses, Calamine lotion, Benadryl, and a cool water oatmeal or baking soda bath. Sending you healing vibes for a quick recovery.

So far, willpower and Zyrtec. I have an anti-itch spray coming from amazon tomorrow. It’s on my right hand and wrist, which isn’t too bad. I think I got it when I picked up their dirty clothes.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
At 1.30am a car pulled up next door noisily and at high speed
Followed by an angry male screaming match
Then the cops came
At 2.30 Gary got up because he was worried our front fence had been hit
Its a retaining wall with a little fence on top, it would hurt someone
Fence was fine
But s o sick of this cr*p from next door

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m feeling really peed off today. I’m really fed up with following all the lock down restrictions, and constantly hearing about people who’re disregarding them and prolonging this.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
Just came to vent as well, today is particularly rough. I’m currently recovering from my 3rd knee surgery in 2 years and I’ve just had enough. This all started because I tore my ACL playing soccer. I went in for what should have just been a routine ACL reconstruction, and the surgeon completely botched the surgery. This led to me needing not only a second ACL surgery to repair my knee, but a nerve graft repair surgery as well. Currently still laid up and recovering from the nerve surgery. I’ve suffered from severe permanent nerve damage that has plagued my life for the last 2 years. I was once an extremely active and happy 27 year old. There is not an ounce of my former life left. I am just so over this. Everyday is a reminder that I willingly trusted a medical professional who so severely wronged me. Thanks for listening and I’m so sorry to anyone else having a tough time right now.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hungry but I am on a diet. I never get hungry in the morning, but here I am.......hungry. Well I guess there is always dinner to look forward to in 7 hours. :(2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so aggravated at our school district. Long story short (hopefully) our first grade son has been remote learning. There was a BOE meeting and the parents pushed for the schools to open four days a week, currently cohorts go two days a week in person. They decided to open elementary up four days and there was a survey, the deadline was the 18th. We filled the survey out to stay remote.

Well now we have found out he will be the only remote student in his class. His teacher also gave me a heads up that the district is talking about taking all the remote kids across the district and giving them one teacher. So, he would not see his teacher anymore or any of the kids he has seen on Zoom in class. I reached out to the Principal since we were not told he would be taken away from his teacher and she said because we already filled out the survey that it has to go up to central office and they will decide whether he can be in-person or not.

This is just ridiculous, you can’t hold the decision we made on the survey over our head when you are now changing the rules. I am just waiting now to see what they decide and God help them if they say he can’t go, we are not going down without a fight!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I'm hungry but I am on a diet. I never get hungry in the morning, but here I am.......hungry. Well I guess there is always dinner to look forward to in 7 hours. :(2

Does your diet allow for that fiber that you mix into your drink? That’s what I did when I first started my weight loss cause for a bit there I felt constantly hungry.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Headache for the seventh day in a frickin' row...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so aggravated at our school district. Long story short (hopefully) our first grade son has been remote learning. There was a BOE meeting and the parents pushed for the schools to open four days a week, currently cohorts go two days a week in person. They decided to open elementary up four days and there was a survey, the deadline was the 18th. We filled the survey out to stay remote.

Well now we have found out he will be the only remote student in his class. His teacher also gave me a heads up that the district is talking about taking all the remote kids across the district and giving them one teacher. So, he would not see his teacher anymore or any of the kids he has seen on Zoom in class. I reached out to the Principal since we were not told he would be taken away from his teacher and she said because we already filled out the survey that it has to go up to central office and they will decide whether he can be in-person or not.

This is just ridiculous, you can’t hold the decision we made on the survey over our head when you are now changing the rules. I am just waiting now to see what they decide and God help them if they say he can’t go, we are not going down without a fight!

OMG, what a mess. I sincerely hope you can clear this up right away.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm whining about the fact that I'm going to whine when I really should be grateful and not whiney about something I wanted done. Living room reno is underway and I'm tired of having contractors in the house, tired of the noise, and tired of the mess although they're doing a great job cleaning up after themselves. Well crap, it sounds to me as though I don't really have a a legitimate whine so I'm going to whine about that too.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I'm whining about the fact that I'm going to whine when I really should be grateful and not whiney about something I wanted done. Living room reno is underway and I'm tired of having contractors in the house, tired of the noise, and tired of the mess although they're doing a great job cleaning up after themselves. Well crap, it sounds to me as though I don't really have a a legitimate whine so I'm going to whine about that too.

:lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got notified that our homeowners insurance is cancelled effective first week of April if we don't address "issues" found when they sent a guy to look around. Is this new!? Never had such a thing in our old house. (New house is nearly 30 years newer...)!

His "issues" were that the gutters aren't clean and there is plant matter growing on the roof. Seriously!?! The gutters were cleaned in November. We live in a freaking forest. Some leaves fell. I can get them cleaned and there will be more leaves within a week. The "plant matter" is about 10'x40' patch of light moss growth on the shady side of the house. Looks like it was cleaned within the last 6-8 months.

The company that gave me an estimate wants almost double what we paid for our smaller house in a $$$$ neighborhood. I wasn't born yesterday! Looking for more estimates but ready to do it myself if I have to because I am sick of being taken advantage of!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got notified that our homeowners insurance is cancelled effective first week of April if we don't address "issues" found when they sent a guy to look around. Is this new!? Never had such a thing in our old house. (New house is nearly 30 years newer...)!

His "issues" were that the gutters aren't clean and there is plant matter growing on the roof. Seriously!?! The gutters were cleaned in November. We live in a freaking forest. Some leaves fell. I can get them cleaned and there will be more leaves within a week. The "plant matter" is about 10'x40' patch of light moss growth on the shady side of the house. Looks like it was cleaned within the last 6-8 months.

The company that gave me an estimate wants almost double what we paid for our smaller house in a $$$$ neighborhood. I wasn't born yesterday! Looking for more estimates but ready to do it myself if I have to because I am sick of being taken advantage of!

Before kids, I worked in insurance. Homeowners insurance can be a PIA but normally if you address the issues they will reinstate the cancellation. If you have an agent they can really help you out for things like this.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before kids, I worked in insurance. Homeowners insurance can be a PIA but normally if you address the issues they will reinstate the cancellation. If you have an agent they can really help you out for things like this.

Thanks! I had never seen such a letter so thought the company was just being nitpicking about everything. I have a broker handling things so should be pretty easy to address. Just have to get them cleaned. I was planning to have it done in April/May anyway so it isn't that big of a deal.

I need to call the broker anyway to make sure our flood coverage is in place. It *should* be but I would hate to have an issue and find out something hadn't been completed correctly. Having a river running through the backyard is awesome and well worth the trade off!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I had never seen such a letter so thought the company was just being nitpicking about everything. I have a broker handling things so should be pretty easy to address. Just have to get them cleaned. I was planning to have it done in April/May anyway so it isn't that big of a deal.

I need to call the broker anyway to make sure our flood coverage is in place. It *should* be but I would hate to have an issue and find out something hadn't been completed correctly. Having a river running through the backyard is awesome and well worth the trade off!

Saw a you tube video on cleaning moss from a roof. It was from the UK . I think there are a bunch of them. good luck.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient, these insurance companies get really uptight about anything having to do with a roof. They also by law have to give so many days for a notice of non-renewal. I’m sure the pandemic isn’t helping their profits and they are extra vigilant about risk too.

That’s pretty neat to have a river right in the backyard!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I am so fed up with dishonest people selling things on Facebook! If it is gold plated, it is called gold or, my personal irk, 'Gold Filled'. Don't know what the stone is? Call it a tourmaline. If it is an opal, no matter what kind (including man made), call it a fire opal. Show a pic of a ring with glued in crystals and call it a valuable ring from your grandmother. Pearl and diamond 14k earrings...$20! Everything is either 'vintage' or antique. It makes me want to smack people!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, what a mess. I sincerely hope you can clear this up right away.

That’s awful! My older daughter is in third grade and we did go back to in person school, but several of her classmates are still full time virtual. They kept them in class and their teacher keeps the “zoom” going. The kids also have to stay home and isolate if they’ve had covid exposure or traveled, so there’s always a few more kids doing class from home. How are they planning to address that? This was no one feels like they have to choose between going to class or violating quarantine.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s awful! My older daughter is in third grade and we did go back to in person school, but several of her classmates are still full time virtual. They kept them in class and their teacher keeps the “zoom” going. The kids also have to stay home and isolate if they’ve had covid exposure or traveled, so there’s always a few more kids doing class from home. How are they planning to address that? This was no one feels like they have to choose between going to class or violating quarantine.

His teacher now is doing Zoom and teaching the in school kids at the same time. However now that there will be more kids in class, the teachers don’t want to do Zoom and teach in-person. That’s fine, I get that it’s a lot BUT then I should get to send son back in-person. Ugh, so annoying having to deal with political school crap!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm in Texas. while people were suffering without power/heat/etc. the utilities commission ok'd outrageous rate hikes for energy and residents are now stuck with the bill. the utility companies and grid operators have been warned numerous times over the last 30 years that their equipment can't withstand winter storms and chose not to address it. all the people running these utilities and the grid and the commissions are politically connected to a bunch of representatives who don't care about the people they are paid to represent. crony capitalism at its finest and we're going to have more of that across the country until we get more ethical people in positions of power. people are caught up in republican vs democrat and what about your guy who did xyz but it's a problem on both sides, even if republicans tend to be more obvious about it. it's so wrong, and so entrenched, and i don't have a lot of hope that we will be able to put things right.

/rant

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
i'm in Texas. while people were suffering without power/heat/etc. the utilities commission ok'd outrageous rate hikes for energy and residents are now stuck with the bill. the utility companies and grid operators have been warned numerous times over the last 30 years that their equipment can't withstand winter storms and chose not to address it. all the people running these utilities and the grid and the commissions are politically connected to a bunch of representatives who don't care about the people they are paid to represent. crony capitalism at its finest and we're going to have more of that across the country until we get more ethical people in positions of power. people are caught up in republican vs democrat and what about your guy who did xyz but it's a problem on both sides, even if republicans tend to be more obvious about it. it's so wrong, and so entrenched, and i don't have a lot of hope that we will be able to put things right.

/rant

I am in Texas too, San Angelo. We were told not to pay our power bill and that the city had a plan to fix things...don't know what the plan is, so I am not holding my breath, but it is a flicker of hope.
Texas went through proper he**...I am from Canada and cannot fathom how things could be so mis-managed and they now are making the people pay. Someone needs to step in...

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread. I get to complain about things I never get to say in real life. :)

Today's vent- I decided to get my Godson a bike fearing another bike shortage this year. Thought if I bought early enough in the season all would be good.

Called the first bike shop and inquired on a mountain bike. "Sorry we don't have that one, it was a mistake on our website." Okay things like that happen. "So what do you have in mountain bikes in this price range?" "Oh we carry this line of bikes in that range."

Great. We hop in the car and get to the shop. I am greeted by the man on the phone who acts like he has amnesia regarding our conversation. "Um, hmmm....let me have Mike come help you." Okay, we meet Mike. "Oh so sorry, we don't have any of those. I can check our supplier's site." Viola- there is a similar bike. A bit more than I want to pay, but sure, let's order it. Then I notice the supplier has listed the bike as "sold out." I get some excuse that maybe, just maybe they will have a few "put away" that he can get. "Sure, let me know."

Next shop. Every medium sized mountain bike under $1500 is sold out but one. He tells me "there is a bike shortage, but we are getting 70 new bikes next week. But, 35 of them are already sold." So- I buy that last bike even though it is way more than I wanted to pay. But at least he's happy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive had little neighbourhod kids jumping the fence pinching lemons
This is not the first time ive spoken to them and i told them they can have some more when the tree grows some more

i absolutely usually have lemons to shear but i grew up in the city where you do not trespass in someone else's property
And now my tree has a broken branch

As it is we have those dreadful neighbours, i do not want anyone in my yard

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok was at a relatively well known jadeite shop in a shopping centre today. Wanted to try on some bangles... so...
- first the salesman grabbed my hand to shove the bangle on before I was ready and could say yes (and yes it hurt!!)
- then he kept prying and trying to find out where I got my jadeite ring from. The first time, I already told him that I’ll rather not say. The second time he asked, he used the excuse that if he knew where I got my ring from, he can better understand the kind of jadeite that I like. I’m like - good texture, water and color right??? Why do you need to know where I got my ring from???

So irritated as the first time he asked I clearly didn’t want to tell right? Go do your competitor research elsewhere!

Anyway, the whole experience was so awful, I couldn’t leave the store fast enough.

And... the store lighting is clearly deceptive as my jadeite ring looks so much more vibrant than in natural light. So clearly the jades that look nice and green in the store are really not as nice outside.

Ok end of rant...

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Ive had little neighbourhod kids jumping the fence pinching lemons
This is not the first time ive spoken to them and i told them they can have some more when the tree grows some more

i absolutely usually have lemons to shear but i grew up in the city where you do not trespass in someone else's property
And now my tree has a broken branch

As it is we have those dreadful neighbours, i do not want anyone in my yard
Poor lemon tree! I still remember my mother giving me a stern talking-to when I picked a rose off our neighbor’s bush as a child! Of course they should knock on your door and ask, not hop the fence!!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We hung up a chandelier in the living room yesterday. Originally there was a ceiling fan. I was trying to decide between two chandeliers for the foyer so I purchased both (I was going to return the one I didn’t like) but decided since I purchased both for great deals I would just keep both.
So we hung up the chandelier and now we can’t turn it off!!!
The ceiling fan that was there uses a remote control and right next to it was a switch so we assumed that’s the switch for it but it doesn’t work.
We spent all day hanging the damn thing (lots of yelling involved) and it won’t turn off.
We found that the circuit breaker to turn it off also turns off our master bedroom. So we can’t have that. The circuit breaker to the switch is attached to our foyer, hallways and outdoor lights. So we can’t have that either.

Grumpy over...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a new printer. I had to buy the printer because when Apple updated its OS, it revoked some printer driver credentials. There was supposedly a fix for that, which I tried 3x painstakingly following the instructions to no avail. Then there was the useless convo with tech support about which I have nothing publicly acceptable to say.

So I unbox the printer this morning, plug it in and get a message to go to 123.hp.com for easy set up. Riiiight, this isn't my first rodeo. Went to the website, downloaded the software, and received the "connect your computer to the internet" message. It was connected, how else could the software download. Tried again, same message. Tried again and got:

enter printer model;
searching for printer;
can't find printer;
connect computer to internet;
cycle printer off and on and try again;
enter printer model;
searching for printer;
can't find printer;
can't connect printer to wifi (apparently it was a lie that it couldn't find the printer);
connect computer to internet;
cycle printer off and on and try again;
can't connect printer to wifi

We want you to have a successful user experience, try to manually set up the printer. If printer screen is on home page....yadayadayada.
Did the yadayadayada numerous times.

I ended up resorting to my tried and true method of banging on the damn thing until I got the screen I needed and manually finished the setup. It took an hour to do what should have taken 10 minutes at the most.

Easy setup my a$$.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missing boxes from the move still. I have more to unpack, but there were two that were supposed to be available NOW and not out of my sight longer than the drive from old to new. I know they are around here somewhere. Nothing valuable so not likely stolen. It is our super important papers and a couple of small (deck of cards sized) computers DH needs. I know they are around here!

I am so over unpacking. Also just done with my body not being able to do heavy lifting work for 8-12 hours a day like it used to. Makes things harder when you have to lay down or nap!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rough skin, funky hair, weight gain, tired all of the time, can’t sleep at night, irregular periods...I thought for sure my thyroid was having issues. The lab tests all say my thyroid is perfectly healthy.

Then last night I had a hot flash.

I guess it’s happening.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Facebook happily ’reminded’ me today about the post I made 5 years ago lamenting my beloved angel cat’s last few days.

I didn’t need reminding. It was like a punch to the gut.

I’ve seen lots of people disappearing from facebook over the last few years. People talk about being glad they did. And the news is full of chatter about how bad the corporation is anyway. So, naturally I started the process to delete facebook.

During the obligatory messaging with people who should get a courtesy heads-up, one of them responded by saying that the cat she’d adopted from me had died just after christmas.

Another gut punch.

It will be 14 days before my page is gone, thanks to facebook’s policies, In the meantime, I think it was the right choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results