shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Can I just tell you all I''m seriously going out of my mind...

Today I recieved an email from someone named Leon Meetegeo and my heart stopped. I thought it was from "Leon Mege" to say your ring is ready or something. (getting my ring from Leon) someday.
26.gif
19.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 6
6.gif
1:56 PM
Author: sciencegeek
Date: 1/12/2005 5:30
6.gif
9 PM

Author: allycat0303

I LOVE THE PICS!!! Everyone post more. I find it so much nicer to have an idea of who you are talking to! All of you are gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I agree. Plus I have all these ideas of what people look like and none of them have been right!! GG, I had some idea in my head that you were blond and tall
1.gif
All the couple photos are adorable, everyone on this board is so pretty on top of being so nice and supportive (and with top notch taste in bling)!!

Hmmm... I''d always thought of GG as blonde, short, with long floppy ears.....
31.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
*snark* Thanks for the comments on my arse, ladies.
2.gif

I would post the super huge pic of us in Cabo, but I think our "couple pics" need updating as we don''t really look like that anymore.

So I''ll post a pic of us from 2004. It''s a bit more true to life - just that my hair is a bit looonger!

L_WChristmasParty1_002.sized.jpg

It''s so much fun to see who you''re chatting with! And GG, SJS, BlueChica - you and your boys are just gorgeous!
9.gif

I love to see people so in love. It makes me happy!
30.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Blue Chica - So cute!!! I actually have a pic of me and FI that is similar, except my eyes are closed, it''s from further away, and it''s from before we were dating, so we''re not snuggling..... OK, not so similar to your pic, but it reminded me of it!!
Re bf feeling cheated that you know a proposal is happening at some point in the future: Well.... would he rather you not know that a proposal is coming sometime in the future (boy soon) and that he really is serious about you and about eventually taking your relationship to that level and therefore risk you deciding to cut your losses and break up with him to pursue "greener pastures"? I''d venture to say probably not. So, why does he feel cheated in this respect when it means you can stop worrying about whether or not your relationship means something to him and you can instead invest that energy into really enjoying the time you spend together? I bet if you put it to him in this light, he''ll feel rather lucky that he''s clued you in on your status with him.

My now-FI gave me a deadline by which he wanted to propose by, and it helped me to calm down and just be his girlfriend, not the nagging whiny crying insane girly girl I was before he told me about his deadline. It gave me a concrete idea of where WE stood in his mind, and it let me know that we were on the same page. Hope that helps!!

SJS - OK, what''s your secret? You cannot be 31! You look no older than 25 in your picture!! But either way, you two are gorgeous!!

I have be up at 5:30 for work tomorrow so I''ll keep it brief!

a) my angel and I sorted everything out and we are back to normal, everything is perfect again

b) teebee, that ring is gorgeous, and spookily, just recently I have been looking at something incredibly similar from bluenile, with a matching wedding band! I just worry that the prong-set diamonds may detract from the star of the show, do they? (I worry that same with channel set and pave rings too... I worry too much, but I just want it to be PERFECT!)

c) omg, all the couples are so cute! and you all look sooooooooooooo American!!!

d) I promise, I will post a pic of me and m''lady together after we get engaged
9.gif

until then, this is about the best you are gonna get

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren - you two are so so cute!!! I also LOVE seeing pics of couples in love! It''s so heartwarming....
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Yay diamondgeezer!!!!! I''m so glad you two worked it out!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here''s me and FI again, since our pic is buried somewhere on PS.....

This is from our church''s Christmas Formal. Yes, I am wearing clothing, it''s a strapless dress, and the pic just cut it off.

chistmasformal87small.JPG

Molson

Rough_Rock
I love this, seeing everyone and their SO!!!! You are all so cute and let''s talk about those boys!! Looks like we have all done so well in that dept! I''m searching for one of my bf and I. He seems to be drunk in too many. We had four weddings in six weeks this past fall so those are all my recent pics but no sober ones of us together! I''m still looking though!

Teebee, I love your will power. You can do it!! I have faith. I also have faith we will get some hand pics soon as well!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, it is sooooooooooooooooooo even more beautiful in person!!! You were so right rfath ~ the photos are great, but they just don''t do the real thing justice!!

I can''t believe how incredibly vibrant it is ~ and not just the center stone ~ I keep getting this great little bursts of fire and color shooting out of the melee ~ SPECTACULAR!!!

As yet, I haven''t figured out how to capture any of it on my camera (um, I can''t even get the piece of crap to stay on!!!), but I''ll keep working on it. In the meantime, here are the specs on the center stone:

Whiteflash: Expert Selection
Report: AGS 0005679505
Price: $5,400
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Weight: 1.011
Measurements: 6.52 - 6.55 x 3.95 mm
Total Depth: 60.5%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible

The only significant inclusion is visible on this pic of the stone, but I certainly can''t find it now.

AGS-5679505 1.01 H SI1.jpg

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the IS image:

IS_AGS-5679505.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Holy wowza, those are some stunning rings!!
6.gif

Blue Chica, WHAT is up with everybody posting pics that involve people I know--or at least their long-lost twins?? I SWEAR I know your bf. I SWEAR. He looks EXACTLY like this guy I used to work with!!!
19.gif
You look very happy, don''t apologize for the pose!! :)

SJS, how cute you two are, I can see how people would think he looked like Leo. Funny how people never look like I imagine them... I was sure you were Italian. I don''t know why. LOL!!

teeeeeebeeeeeee.... how can you not open it?!?!?!
31.gif

sciencegeek, hate to disappoint, I wish I were tall and blonde too, lol!!

Lauren, you two look so good together--I love his mussy hair!

DG, while I am glad you two have worked things out, I''m still very concerned about the "why''s" of the break. I think you should address WHY she felt the need to break it off, and make sure that is RESOLVED, not that you''ve just soothed her mind and gotten back together. And do see if she feels comfortable enough to give you her home address now.
20.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 6:46:43 PM
Author: JCJD
=This is from our church''s Christmas Formal. Yes, I am wearing clothing, it''s a strapless dress, and the pic just cut it off.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

teebee, glad you broke down and tore the package open!! That stone is a real looker, I''m dying to see the finished piece!!!!
30.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA! That is some phenominal IS image! I am so happy for you! I am having a little bit of size envy for all the RB stones. While I am not going to stray from the asscher, I am stretching to get to 6.0 at 1.2 carats...sigh. One carat falls at like 5.5, which makes 6.5 round look huge in comparison. I am with you, I can''t really see the inclusion that would qualify for SI1- the only thing I think is maybe at about 7 o''clock on teh edge- which would be SOOOOOOO hidden by prong- best type of inclusiont o have- hideable!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
teebee!!! Did you open the package??? OMG, WHERE ARE THE HAND SHOTS??

that said, I wanted to post a pic of us too. Yeah I know the feather is dorky. But I was drunk and it was new Years!!
26.gif

dbltrbble.jpg

Molson

Rough_Rock
Aahhhhh! Bf is driving me crazy!! He still does not have the e-ring, it''s still at the jeweler but says he is going Friday, yippee!! Well, he then says, but you aren''t getting it this weekend anyway! The ring has been done since December 13 and he could have given it to me anytime in the past month. Now, we do live 2 hours away from each other so it makes it a tish more difficult. I know he wants it to be a surprise but honestly I''m going crazy!!!

On the one hand, I want him to propose how he wants but it doesn''t even sound like he has a set plan yet after a month? Why is that? He said he is looking into something but not sure yet!! I don''t want to sound horrible but I''m so afraid if he doesn''t do it soon, I''m going to ruin the whole ''surprise'' because I keep asking him things like so "When should I come visit, do you have any plans?" And he gets really pissed off at me. My theory is than propose soon so you don''t have to keep listening to me. But, I think he would rather torture me and make me wait!! Plus I have severe PMS so that is only making it worse!!

We have to decide whether I am going to visit this weekend or next. Either one, I''m hoping to get the ring on that trip but he is making it sound like neither is likely. So, instead of torturing myself I actually said maybe I should wait then until you are ready for me to come, meaning, have a proposal planned. I really should not have said that because I think this boy will wait months!!

So this torture, coupled with I had another dream that my sister was getting MARRIED this Sunday and I wasn''t in the wedding!! Thank god for LIW!!

Teebee!!! Did you wait for your bf??? If so, what was that like, did he ask anything??

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Teebee...I love your stone!!! I''m also thinking of and SI either G or H probably ideal cut. Did you rip open the package like a maniac? Or did you attack him the moment he walked in the door? Who did you deal with at WF so that I can chat with them when I go look? Sorry for the 20 questions.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oops ~ sorry guys, guess I was so dazzled I didn''t really explain!!

Yes, I did wait for my BF to get home from work (and he was uncharacteristically late, but he had a patient that came in late). Anyhow, I was a good girl and let him open all 3 boxes, then the actual Whiteflash box, so he checked it out for a minute & said "Look what came in the FedEx today, Baby ~ you wanna wear it?" It was kinda cute since we''d been joking about it for a week now. Then later he asked if this meant we''re engaged now, I said yes, I supposed it did. And he said he''d have to try to remember to start calling me his fiancee, like trying to remember it''s now 2005, not 2004.

What can I say, we''re not a very romantic couple,
2.gif
but it works for us!!!

Anyhow, the ring is just more spectacular that I could have imagined!!!

I promise I''m working on hand pics (I''m a dingdong, still can''t get the camera to stay on... and I can''t find the directions since I moved) ~ in between trying to make dinner & watch "Lost" & do chemistry homework (blech!!).

rfath

Shiny_Rock
teebee... don't make me drive over there with my camera!
2.gif
Wonderful stone! Beautiful setting... now put.it.on.and.take.pictures.

I hate all pictures of myself, which should make my wedding quite interesting... Here I am at the track. I forgot my sunscreen, so, I, uhh... improvised.

IMG_3443.thumb.jpg

And fiance (yes. the sunglasses match his car).
IMG_3331.thumb.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock

rfath- can''t see the pics......

teebee- That sounds like a perfect ''proposal''! It fits for you two, and that is what counts.
I am eagerly awaiting Lost tonight...on the west coast and tapping, tapping, tapping my fingers on the keyboard to pass the time.
I just noticed you are from Tulsa! I am not, am from OKC originally but basically grew up out here in CA. Went back for summers- HOT! But, I digress- one of my favorite stores is from Tulsa- it just came out here recently....Harold''s.

OK- all ladies- I posted specs on 2 asschers I am looking at in the rocky talk forum.....
link to asscher thread any help you can give would be appreciated.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lovey, I think that's a great picture, and I love the feather!!
9.gif

CONGRATS teebee I didn't realize you done got engaged, I thought you just snuck a peek!! lol... I think it's cute how you've been joking about what he'd say about its arrival. Very personal, and something that works for the two of you!
1.gif

Okay, ladies, new news.... every day I get a little more suspicious. Tonight when he came home we were chatting and I mentioned how I'd fended off the "So did you get a ring?" questions after Christmas, and that I'd been saying "NO, I've been saying since Thxgiving there will be no ring for xmas, leave me alone!" kinda thing... and he was like, how did you know you weren't getting a ring for xmas? ...and I said, Girls just know!

..and he says, I don't think you know as much as you think you do! ...and admitted he had stumbled across one of my posts where I guessed a timeframe while looking for some information (I assume about the ring), and I said, "Well, pick a post, I've guessed timeframes a dozen times and they're all different!!" and he said that it was a recent post, and that I was wrong. (But wrong in the good way, like it was going to come sooner than expected.)

But THEN he said something kinda pooh-poohing sims (which I had thought we had agreed to) and I said "Hun, diamonds are expensive and if I have to wait five years for a real one I'm going to push hard for a sim!" ...and he just smiled, being all sneaky-like.

Knowing us and all pertinent information regarding timeframes and upcoming events.... do I sense a mid-Feb proposal??? We're going to War Feb 17-20...and my family will be there!!.. so, holding my breath here, I truly and honestly believe I might be seeing a mid-Feb proposal!!
32.gif
31.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
WooHoo! War sounds like a great place to get engaged! Added bonus of family around! exciting, exciting, exciting! Where is this being held?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Teebee!!! I''m so happy for you! The proposal is very cute.

GG: Sounds like your man is learning the girl''s definition of "soon".

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Estrella War is in west Phoenix. www.estrellawar.org

My family makes the drive down from Salt Lake every year, so...... even if he doesn''t pop the question (my bday''s the first week of March, so it MIGHT be then) I bet he''ll ask my dad''s permission!!
31.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
teebee!! You have graduated from the LIW's!!!! Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

will have to wait for tomorrow to (hopefully) see hand pics as I've had my bling fix for tonight now I'm just gonna roll over and go to sleep. lol!

-lovey

btw jenwill, I looked at your asscher specs and am not wild about the mb flour in the first (although it is a D). So I lean towards the 2nd. In the end, asschers/SEs are difficult to spec out by numbers alone, you really need to see them in person. My BF and I looked at a LOT of stones (at one point I lost all hope) before finding the right one...so take your time. Have you contacted Jan @ DBOF? We did not buy our stone there but I found her to be very helpful and informed on all things asscher. night gals!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I love everyones pictures! You''re alll so cute! Can I play?

47b4cc10b3127cce9d8a1a13f86f00000016108Aat2Tlq0bN6

This was from our anniversary on Dec 30th. This was the only pic we got because our camera battery died.

I got my ring cleaned today!!!! Its so sparkly.. Its like new.. I clean it everyday.. but the cleaner and the hard water I think left behind a bit of a film and I was getting bummed out that it didn''t sparkle like new anymore. But today.. I went into a jeweler. (not my jeweler) to see if I could get the ring appraised (to get the info on the sidestones and everything).. well I have to make an appt to do that, but they offered to clean it while I was there.. and I was like SWEET!

GG- Your ring coming SO SO SO SO SO soon!!!!!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Girls!!

So much to catch up on, as usual! Long day at work and I had 2 1/2 pages to get through!!

GG, what kind of fake tan do you use? It's GREAT!! And you and your honey are so darn cute! Honey, I bet you are going to be sometime around Valentines, or maybe on the trip itself. Hooray!!

JCJD, love the "nekkid" pic of you guys--adorable!! And re: the skin.....I have pretty decent enough skin, but I use proactiv just to be on the safe side b/c I break out when I get lazy w/ skincare...yours sounds more like 1x a month? Do you have a good derm? Yours almost sounds like the kind of thing where you need to just go and get a cortisone shot in the zit itself if it's lasting 2 weeks. God, the rainbows in your avatar......still love 'em!!!

SJS, Blue Chica, Lauren, Lovey, Rfath, Melissa--all of you guys are darling and ALL the couple shots on here are great!! I agree, it is so nice to see everyone all rosy in love
emlove.gif
A bunch of good looking ladies!

Maybe we should all be the FLIW (that'd be fiiiiiiiinne ladies in waiting) said in that Tim Meadows "ladies man" character voice.
21.gif
21.gif

TEEBEE......dying for the pics, and GIRL, you are ENGAGED!!!!! I just love your story--it almost sounds like my boy, as much as I know he wants to be romantic with it...I am giong to share it with him! Congrats for being a graduate!!!

APPLE.....OMIGOD. I know we have similar setting tastes in general, but that one you just posted is a knockout--I feel like it incorporates all these different elements of settings I love, and I am SO glad you posted it!!!! Amazing!!

JenWill, Lost was GOOOOOOOD tonight, you will enjoy it! I'm into it too--I was late getting into it but have gotten caught up and it is SO cool! I was into Twin Peaks back in the day and this has some of those same creepy mystery elements
1.gif
I'm going to have to cruise over to your asscher thread! I'll be thinking of you moving...I'm starting to get things in boxes tomorrow and was figuring out shipping stuff with FedExGround today. Bleah!

LOVEY, are you dying?! Can't wait to see your Leon results! (Love the feather too...I always wish I had a cool newyears hat and I never do)

Njc, so nice to see your ring again!!

SJS, Sounds like you have found "the one?"

Erin, you changed your avatar......love that eternity band!!

Re: Yellow gold. I don't hate it. My mom and sis both have RB 6-prong solitaires in YG. I always used to wear it more. My BF totally prefers silver/plat/WG coloring and I guess over the years I've gotten more into that as it's gotten trendier and now it's DEFinitely my preference....although I have some beautiful gold pendants and a gold RHR (was my 16th b-day ring that I used to wear as my "taken" ring!) I think the Carrie-Aiden ring is bad not b/c it's gold and not b/c it's a pear (like, I LOVE JC's pear) but just b/c the setting is ugly...the way the band tapers is kind of clumsy and clunky looking. LOOOOve the asscher she ends up with
2.gif

Crikey, I hope I haven't forgotten any of you! Long post!!!

DG, I'm so pleased for you...I do agree with GG, though: I hope you can get to the bottom of whatever was holding her back so that it doesn't rear its ugly head again.

Off to find a good pic to post! My BF has finally shaved the goatee that was the bane of my existence for around 3 years, and I don't have any pics of his gorgeous yummy CLEAN-SHAVEN face. He's still pretty cute w/ the goatee (when I trimmed it for him, that is!!) so I guess the shots I have will do!

Happy almost-Thursday!

eta, Molson, I think I forgot you!! Your bf sounds like mine. The fact that I know it's coming at ALL is somehow also spoiling things, although (as GG? someone said) if I DIDN'T know at least WHAT (if not how or when) then what would keep me from bolting after all this time! Hang in there!! You DO know it's coming!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Everyone!!! I''m so excited!!!!

DG ~ I meant to respond earlier: the prongs do not interfere w/ the beauties at all. I was a little leary myself, but they''re just very subtle, and the melee sparkles so much that I can''t see the prongs because of all the fire and sparkle!!! I''m not a channel set fan for the same reason as you ~ I just don''t want to see much of the metal. It''s really spectacular beyond my expectations!!! I''m so glad to hear you and your girl have been able to get back on track!!!

apple ~ I dealt with Lesley, she was terrific, very friendly & spot-on understood what I was wanting. Very responsive to phone calls & emails. I also spoke with Brian the Cutter at length when I was trying to decide between 2 stones & nailing down the details of the setting.

The only bad news I have is that my digital camera is an utterly useless piece of crap!!! Seriously, IT WON''T EVEN STAY ON, and it has a brand new battery, it belongs in the trash. I''m really tempted to go buy something else tomorrow because this one I have was a complete waste of money... Hopefully I will be able to post hand pics tomorrow ~ I will be out of class at noon so that will give me a little more time to get it done.

Oh, so cute... I was on here typing and I heard fiance (heehee!!) using the phone to call his brother & another friend of his "well, i bought Traci a ring today... yep... yeah, i told her ''this came in the fedex today, you wanna wear it?''" ~ later I asked him who he''d called & he said he''d called his brother to see how he was doing and called his friend to see if they were still going duck hunting on Saturday ~ maybe so, but I think it''s cute that he''s called people already and told them and I haven''t called anyone yet (I''m waiting to surprise my family when I see them at the end of this month).

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 8
6.gif
8:20 PM
Author: jenwill
WOWZA! That is some phenominal IS image! I am so happy for you! I am having a little bit of size envy for all the RB stones. While I am not going to stray from the asscher, I am stretching to get to 6.0 at 1.2 carats...sigh. One carat falls at like 5.5, which makes 6.5 round look huge in comparison. I am with you, I can''t really see the inclusion that would qualify for SI1- the only thing I think is maybe at about 7 o''clock on teh edge- which would be SOOOOOOO hidden by prong- best type of inclusiont o have- hideable!

No kidding! Every time I look at my asscher I kinda wish it were bigger, then I have to remind myself how special and amazing my stone is. Riding the elevator in my building helps (12 spot halogens in a 5x5 foot box, yowza!!
10.gif
I knew it was going to be an issue when I tried on a 3 carat and it didn''t seem outrageously big on my size 4 finger
11.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 8:58
6.gif
5 PM
Author: teebee

I promise I''m working on hand pics (I''m a dingdong, still can''t get the camera to stay on... and I can''t find the directions since I moved) ~ in between trying to make dinner & watch ''Lost'' & do chemistry homework (blech!!).

I''ll do your chemistry homework if it will speed up the hand pics
11.gif
12.gif
Seriously, after all the relationship trauma this past week I''m glad we''re back to posting rings again. My fiance and I are better than ever, but a good friend of mine just broke up with her cohabiting BF of 5ish years. And so did SF''s golden couple, Gavin and Kimberly Newsom (our mayor and his model-turned-CourtTV commentator wife). Something bad''s going around...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results