shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren that''s such a cute sketch!! & your butt looks AWESOME in those jeans!!
31.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
TeeBee - wonderful ring... but it''s just not the same until you get it and share the hand pics!
2.gif

GG - *cheekpinch* you''re both SO cute! Glad to see that the bottle tans look *so* natural. I was mistaken for an albino an awful lot in high school Definite possibility for the wedding!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
GG -- you are the cutest thing EVER!! both of you!! What a sweet looking couple -- I mean you really really look happy and in love!! yay!!

Teebee -- that ring is spectacular!!! I''m so so so in love with the Michael B. princess -- and it''s very similar to yours (smaller pave though).

SPEAKING of the Michael B. Princess setting-- well I mentioned earlier my wonderful experience with Bill Pearlman......and guess WHAT!?!?! He''s sending me the Princess setting overnight to take a REAL look at -- IN PERSON!!!!! FINALLY I get to see it LIVE and not on my computer screen!!!!! I can''t even begin to tell you how excited I am!! I don''t have a digital camera, but if I can find one tomorrow I''ll take pics before shipping it back out to him.

omg I think THIS is the one -- i really really do!!!!! Can''t wait to see it with my cushion!!
Did I mention how much I LOVELOVELOVE Mr. Pearlman? I wonder if he''ll let me work for him if I move to Michigan.....wow...to look at all of that bling all day long.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
GG - Usually mine is pretty good too, but occasionally, it rears its ugly head into one gigantic disgusting zit for a week or so. I''m terrible about skin care too, but I don''t wear makeup so that helps. Oh well.... at least I had good skin genes through high school!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Teebee - I love your ring. Good luck waiting!

GG - You''re such a cutie, and that''s a great pic of you and your bf (who''s also a cutie).

lovey - Good luck waiting for your ring too. I''d just be running around in little circles for a week. I like that cake topper, it''s not cheesy IMO.

lauren - Nice ass. Haha, kidding
31.gif
That''s actually a very sweet photo, I checked out the site. Too bad they only do limited cities.

Hope I didn''t forget anyone. :)

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
SJS1234 How wonderful that you will be able to see the setting in person. I hope I didn''t offend you with my comment about Michael B pricing..but when I was looking, I was handed some pretty outrageous quotes! Bill Pearlman sounds like a real find!! Exciting!!!!
36.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 1:24:58 PM
Author: lovey
SJS1234 How wonderful that you will be able to see the setting in person. I hope I didn''t offend you with my comment about Michael B pricing..but when I was looking, I was handed some pretty outrageous quotes! Bill Pearlman sounds like a real find!! Exciting!!!!
36.gif
No worries!! In fact I didn''t even catch that comment until you refered back to it (then of course I had to go back and look!!)! I know he''s SO expensive -- but I love it SO much, and I know the quality is excellent -- and I''m definitely not getting the REALLY pricey ones. I''m guessing it will be somewhere around 3k for the setting -- I know it would be less expensive than having one created by someone else........but i''m so nervous about that. I should just get over it -- I mean I''ve seen the GORGEOUS work by Leon Mege, Whiteflash and the others -- but something about not being able to see the finished product beforehand makes me so nervous. I am SO particular -- even with the way the pave is set...... I have NO doubts that the quality of the other custom designers is just as good -- I hope no one takes my comments that way.......I''m just a freak -- that''s all. It took me forever to figure out what I want......... AND I think my bf got a pretty good deal on the stone, so he''s given me the go ahead to choose any setting I like!!!!!!
hm. maybe I''m taking advantage...... nah. I WANT Michael B.!! Although did I mention that the girl I spoke with when I called the Michael B company directly was a total snot?!?!?! urgh! Bill made up for it, so that''s ok!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock

Date: 1/12/2005 1:36
6.gif
7 PM
Author: SJS1234

Date: 1/12/2005 1:24:58 PM
Author: lovey
36.gif
No worries!! In fact I didn''t even catch that comment until you refered back to it (then of course I had to go back and look!!)! I know he''s SO expensive -- but I love it SO much, and I know the quality is excellent -- and I''m definitely not getting the REALLY pricey ones. I''m guessing it will be somewhere around 3k for the setting -- I know it would be less expensive than having one created by someone else........
um, I meant to say..."I know it would be MORE expensive than having one created by someone else...."
durh.
emsmilep.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
ginger: I''m thinking about having whiteflash custom make my ring. Since they are local it makes it very easy since we can deal with them in person.

I found this cool link on another site the other day...it has some WF custom rings from wax to finish
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55434&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Also I found a ring on the GOG site that is pretty much exactly what a want...a combo of my favorite rings...

GOG_SS1.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Here is the side view...

GOG_SS2.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
OMG that diamondtalk link with the wax - finished product examples was amazing esp the one with the 5ct ascher - all of them

Now I have to chant like that girl in the thread - I do not NEED a new ring, I do not NEED a new ring, I do not NEED a new ring

Erin

Ideal_Rock
not ascher - but a 5.12 E VS2 Emerald Cut - I was so blinded I had to look at it squinty eyed so I guessed

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 2:28:46 PM
Author: appletini
Here is the side view...
omg that is gorgeous. what IS it -- I mean is that a GOG original? wow. what''s the size of that stone, anyway? I LOVE that setting. holy cow.
ga-ga
ga-ga
ga-ga

rfath

Shiny_Rock
SJS -

I''ve talked to Mr. Pearlman by email a few times - he''s SO pleasant and just *nice*! I should talk to him for some opinions about what would look good with my e-ring...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Anyone around here still prefer yellow gold? I realize Carrie doesn''t esp with a pear - lol. Although I think the white/platinum is pretty I''ve always wear gold - goes better with my complection. Am I a loner?
33.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The GOG ring is by the designer Sheldon Speyer. I did several searches for him, but couldn''t really find a lot of info.

Here is the pic on the GOG site (you have to scroll down a ways) and the center stone is 1.5 ct http://www.goodoldgold.com/pictures_of_settings.htm.

I found this link with it too http://www.michaelcfina.com/ic/mcfina/PL041600000305.html?mv_arg=21, but the picture is terrible on this one, but it is priced very well.

I haven''t been able to stop thinking about this ring!!! Since the BF is super busy at work, I will wait until later to share the pictures with him.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 3:10:13 PM
Author: Erin
Anyone around here still prefer yellow gold? I realize Carrie doesn't esp with a pear - lol. Although I think the white/platinum is pretty I've always wear gold - goes better with my complection. Am I a loner?
33.gif
All of my nice/real jewelry is yellow gold with the exception of white gold diamond earring and a white gold necklace that my then BF got me because he likes white gold/platinum. I really wanted a yellow gold e-ring, but i couldnt find any in the antique-y style that i liked or any style i really liked for that matter. So i ended up going with platinum just because i couldnt find anything else i liked in yellow gold. But i also think it completes the antique-y look much better now that i have it.

But recently i have noticed in my bridal **** that Scott Kay has started making yellow gold e-rings with hand engraving on the bands. And of course his website only has pictures of the platinum rings... i will have to scan the magazine page for you when i get home! Wish i had know they would make the rings in yellow gold... but im not giving up the ering now!
11.gif

Edited to add: Those rings from WhiteFlash are AMAZING!!! I love their engravers designs, they are very unique!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Question for you "experts" here - if I''m looking at a certificate, and it has the little marks showing where the inclusions are on the diamonds, how can I tell if they make a difference to the eye? Are ones outside of the table less noticable?

BF and I talked, yet again, and he clarified that he does know, and isn''t going to wait 6 months, but doesn''t want to give me an exact answer since that ruins the surprise. I was like, ooooooooooooh. K. So he''s going to surprise me with when and how, but not that it''s happening at all *which he feels a bit cheated by - what do you ladies think?* He''s shopping for the diamond now and we''re going to shop for the setting together. I''m actually wondering if I went for a plain setting from bluenile if it would happen on the weeklong trip we have coming up. Tempting as that is, I won''t rush the setting selection.

Here''s a pic, don''t laugh at the pose, it''s the only one I have handy.

b&jlitt.jpg

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Aw Blue Chica -- you guys are so cute!!! I''ve been thinking about posting a pic of Todd and I.....maybe I''ll just make it my avatar instead!!! I''m afraid it will be all distorted though, and make us look like aliens!!!! or pumpkins!!!!!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, those diamondtalk rings are gorgeous (AND HUGE). appletini, the one you posted is beautiful too. My fingers are too fat for a thin band, but I love how they look.
7.gif

All of the rings people are posting are so pretty I think I''m going to need one for each finger. Maybe even toes.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
bluechica -- my fingers are fat!!! but i''m getting a thin band just for that reason --- because I think everything else just makes my finger look FATTER!! haha! my fingers are short too!.

I tried to use my pic. of Todd and I as my avatar -- but it''s not working because the picture is too large..... so here we are. omg i hope it''s not HUGE....I guess i can edit afterwards if it is..... That''s Todd on the right (I''m on the left)
emteeth.gif

todd & sally.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
SJS & Blue Chica: y''all are so cute and adorable with your BFs!

I have fat fingers too...I hate the wide knuckes...too bad those are in my gene pool...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 4:27:23 PM
Author: Blue Chica
My fingers are too fat for a thin band, but I love how they look.
7.gif

I used to think my fingers were too fat for a thin band as well. Then i tried on my setting and i was convienced i could wear a thin band... i think it looks great!

Size 6.75 fingers with a 2mm band (or less, im not really sure how thin it is!). So at least try them on... you never know!
**OPPS! Sorry its so big!**

side_fingers.jpg

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
SJS - aren''t you and your BF quite the attractive couple?! Have children, please, improve the genepool. ;-) He actually looks just like someone I know, so I had to check your profile, but you''re not in Boston, so that ain''t him. How funny would that be though?

My fingers are size *booming sounds of doom* 7.25 - they''re so fat there aren''t even any rings I can try on in the displays usually.
7.gif
You guys make a good point, though, that it''s worth a shot to at least see. Perhaps a couple of the custom jewelers I work near would have one I can try on, since they usually have custom rings around waiting to get picked up. Last time I was in there they let me try on a $200k ring. HOLY COW. Actually, it was ugly, way, way, way too big.

njc - your ring so pretty, and you''re right it does look great on your finger. Nice manicure too. :)

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Until you guys hit a size 8 on your fingers, don''t knock 6-7+. Blue chica- I figured out that if I went to a place that sells silver jewelry, they tend to have larger sizes to try on...at least that helped in deciding if thin band or thicker was better for me. The place I went only had plain thick bands, or thin bands with some stone on the front- I just rotated the stone to the back to see what a plain thin band would look like. It really is frustrating to got o stores with good jewelry and only be able to get the ring to go to just above the second joint.

TeeBee- Beautiful ring! What size are the melee on the sides? I am getting a ring made by whiteflash, and could not decide on .02 or .03. Also, what size is your ring? Trying also to decide on 10/12 melee on e-ring and 12/14 on wedding band.

To all who posted photos! Wowza, great shots- even those taken at arms length! I am not photogenic, so am hoping to get some pics that at least sort of resemble the 2 of us.

It has finally stopped raining here- in fact the weather was so nice at lunch that I put down the top of my car so that I could enjoy the sunshine.....lets hope this holds through the weekend, at least thru saturday when I will be done moving!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Bluechica: Awwww thanks!! I think he's the cutest and sweetest thing ever! sometimes people think he looks like Leonardo Dicaprio, but not in this picture. We are definitely having babies!!!!! soon, too -- we both hope!! I'll be 32 in April and he'll be 33 in July. We're thinking about fall or spring for the wedding -- then BABIES! i'm so excited about that!! so we'll be 33 and 34 at least when the time comes....... We are both SO ready for the "family" thing.

as for my fingers -- I'm about a 7, maybe a 6.75 -- but my fingers are short, so they look way bigger even than that!!! When Seinfeld came out with the man-hands episode I just wanted to crawl in a hole!!!!! I was like THAT'S ME THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh.

I hope that setting that I get to play with tomorrow is big enough for me to put on!! It should be here in the morning!! wooo hoo!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THE PICS!!! Everyone post more. I find it so much nicer to have an idea of who you are talking to! All of you are gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, the FedEx package is in the house with me.... I just picked it up a 1/2 hour ago ~ had a very busy day & lots of errands to run after I got out of class at 2
6.gif
0pm so that has helped me... Okay, I can do this right??? I''ve probably got less than an hour more to wait...

Jenn ~ I''m going to guess the melee is .02 because I wanted it as thin as possible w/out being too delicate (I''m klutzy sometimes) and Brian said he wouldn''t feel comfortable having it any thinner than 2.3mm, which is same width as Mara''s wedding band. And I didn''t really give them a number of stones, just said that I didn''t want to have an eternity band, but wanted it to appear as though it were, so they said that going approximately 60% of the way around the band would accomplish that. Oh, and my ring size is 5.5, which is, coincidentally the same as my shoe size. And those are the only parts of my body that do not gain weight...

GG ~ GREAT photo of you two, and your boyfriend!!! I''m impressed that your spray-on tan looks so great. Your saying that you are normally see-through cracked me up - I have a friend that always says she''s so pale she''s translucent!! But she can''t even get a nice bottle tan, looks weird on her!! I''m glad to see I''m not the only one that kind of envisioned all of your words coming from a golden retriever!!

I was trying to find a photo, but how sad is it that I don''t have any of the 2 of us?!?! Actually, I haven''t ever taken any pics w/ my digital camera and all the other digital photos I have were taken of me by friends or family then emailed to me... Hmmm, I''ll have to work on that!!

OH MY GOODNESS, this has been the longest 15 minutes of my life!!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
TEEBBEEEEEEEE! OPEN IT!!!!
36.gif
hehehe kidding... kinda.

Great pics couples!! I''m looking for a pic myself, but don''t have any digital ones either. This year is our 10th yr "Dating" anniv. so this is pretty sad. NYResolution=take more pics together=go to gym first.

Been reading and trying to catch up (not cool to be 5 pages behind). HIYA LADIES!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 5:30
6.gif
9 PM
Author: allycat0303
I LOVE THE PICS!!! Everyone post more. I find it so much nicer to have an idea of who you are talking to! All of you are gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I agree. Plus I have all these ideas of what people look like and none of them have been right!! GG, I had some idea in my head that you were blond and tall
1.gif
All the couple photos are adorable, everyone on this board is so pretty on top of being so nice and supportive (and with top notch taste in bling)!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results