shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! EHEEEHEEEHEEEHEEE!!!

Just got these pics from Whiteflash this afternoon!!! It will be here tomorrow & I get to go pick it up, but I''m going to wait to open box until bf gets home from work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post specifics once I get it & hand pics once I figure out the camera. It was obviously inspired by Mara''s ring, I just love it!!!

teebeesering.jpg

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
oh teebee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OW! My chin just hit the floor.
6.gif

That is absolutely GORGEOUS! You must be dying with anticipation..oh I can't wait to see hand pics.

What a great job by whiteflash too. Congratulations!!!!

-lovey

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!!! Teebee, how beautiful! That stone is just incredible--arrows galore! I reall love the setting....can''t wait to see it on your hot little hand
2.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Teebee!
9.gif
Gorgeous ring! Def. can''t wait to hear more about that one
9.gif

Are you really going to wait til the bf gets home to open the box?
2.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh teebee your ring LOOKS AMAZING. WOWSERS..

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls!! I''m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!! Dying with anticipation is right Lovey!!

I''m really really really really going to TRY to wait until he gets home, but I''m definitely not making any promises!! I think he half expects to come home and see me wearing it, though. And, if I can''t help myself, I won''t feel too awful about it because I know he doesn''t have any big romantic proposal planned.

I joked with him and in another thread that his proposal will probably consist of casually tossing me the box and saying "hey, this came in the fedex today, wanna wear it?" ~ A couple of days later he confessed that my saying that kinda hurt his feelings because it''s pretty much what he''d planned on doing, except that he was going to add "don''t lose it; it cost a lot of money." I told him it shouldn''t hurt is feelers that I know him/us so well. Predictable is okay with me.
2.gif

Okay, I''ve got to go to bed but I think I''m going to have to take a couple of Tylenol PM to be able to get a wink of sleep tonight. Oh man, classes tomorrow are going to be torture!!! How can I concentrate on chemistry or the bones of the skull when I''ve got that waiting for me out there???

G''night all!!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Molson-- those are beautiful inspiration rings and I hope you get exactly what you want!

Teebee-- GORGEOUS!!!! And to think how quickly it could be on your finger!!!!
6.gif

heidi-- I agree with most of what has been said. The only bit I don''t like is where he tells you not to make it all about you. I understand that it''s his issue and he has to deal with it, but unfortunately this issue DOES effect YOU, and therefore I think you have a right to be in on it. Seriously, I think you should ask him what, in his mind, if he could have everything perfect just the way he wants it, would he have happen. Would you get married in a year? Five years? Ten? Never? Don''t get what he thinks WILL happen, ask him what he would LIKE to have happen. I think that will tell you a lot about his intentions.

"It was a pear shaped diamond with a gold band."
"Oh, honey!... No wonder you threw up!"

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to add, we went to a park today and took some pics (his mom was begging for a pic of the two of us)... I just wanted to share one of our faves:

good1fsmall.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Wow GG you look so young! Around my age! How old are you?

oh and your fiance to be is very very cute
31.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
teebee: your ring is so pretty. I love your diamond...what are the specs? I don''t think I could keep my sanity knowing that I was in the same house with my ring and not be able to open the package. The ultimate tease!

GG: you and your BF are so cute together! And you are so teeny tiny! That pictures looks like an engagement picture...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Ah! teebee - the ring is spectacular - don''t open it until he gets home - there are few moments in life like that

and Goldengirl - so nice to not imagine a golden retriever reciting your posts (dog pronouncing most words starting with R-sound regardless - gets confusing)

There''s been too much posting of why us ladies speculate as to why we haven''t gotten the ring yet - I''ve questioned of all of them myself - sometimes think I need anti-obsession drugs or something

Just wanted to say reading all your stories reminds me that I''m not the only one who feels this way - Thanks!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
GG!
You two are so so so so model cute! I love being able to put a face to the name!

Teebee-
oooolala! how lovely and exciting!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Teebee - that ring is a knock and the arrows on that center stone are to die for!!! Congratulations and i cant wait to see hand pictures!!!
emphoto.gif
10.gif

GG - You and your FI2be are too cute!!! And you are so nice and tan!!! I''m an albino... doesnt matter what i do, i dont tan, i burn.
14.gif
So i come in too shades... pasty white and lobster red!
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. GG you and youir b/f ARE SO SO SO SO cute. What a perfect couple! I love your little skirt in that pic too! You are extra adorable.

Jeff and I have to get our engagement pics done soon. I want to get them done professionally. I have an idea.. but tell me if you think it is total cheese. I don''t know how familiar any of you are with "Picture People" but its like in Malls, and they take your pics and give you them back in 1 hour. I think they mostly do kids.. but for valentines day that have really cute little props like those candy hearts with sayings on them. So.. I was thinking of having our pics done there and doing a couple of them with the hearts.. of course we would have some "normal" ones too.
See.. here is some random little girl that I found on their website with the hearts
props_seasonal_valentines_185.jpg

They had other sayings when I walked by there the last time too. . Is it cheeesy?

I can''t decide..

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 9:46:27 AM
Author: MelissaSue

They had other sayings when I walked by there the last time too. . Is it cheeesy?

I can''t decide..
MelissaSue. I think it is adorable for kids, but I think it is cheesy for adults. There are so many good photographers out there that can capture the love and commitment that the two of you have in your eyes without any "acoutrements"..i''d get some very nice pictures to capture this moment..

GG: You are adorable!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
morning all !
I''m baaaaaaack (best Arnie voice !) heh !

tried to catch up - the dream thing is mad, I dreamt of our wedding last night, runs in panty-hose, NO music at the church (they forgot !) and the wrong, wrong wrong shoes on all the bridesmaids !
crazy !

so, teebee, the ring is stunning - so excited for you !!

GG - you are soooooooooooooooooo cute (and make me feel old !) bf ain''t bad either
2.gif

molson - hello ! the sister thing. I''m the eldest of five sisters. one is married and expecting her first baby. another not married yet but happily co-habiting and mother to two sons with her SO. so I am waaaaaaaay behind the game, and sometimes it''s upsetting and depresses me (why doesn''t anyone want those things with me ?) but now I have someone in my life who does want all of this with me, I just have to wait a wee while longer. I think your best bet is to try and ignore the sister-thing. I think the girls are right - boy-soon is actually super-long in ''real'' time. I doubt very much that she will be engaged before you and if she does, so what ?? Get back to concentrating on your own excitement and anticipation and happiness. If you let the sister thing get to you, it''ll ruin your own proposal when it comes and THAT would be the worst thing. Think happy thoughts - let the rest go.

heidi - can he not be ready at 26 ? - absolutely. whether that is the case or not, only you can know but I think (from all you''ve written) that he just isn''t. hopefully that will change soon for you.

I''m going to tell a boy-joke here just for the hell of it !! you''ve probably all heard it before but what the hell !!!!

a girl brain cell finds herself in a boy brain. she''s wandering around but it''s really quiet and she doesn''t find anyone so she calls out ''helloooooooo ??'' and waits. no response. so she carries on a little deeper into the boy brain and now she''s getting a bit anxious because it''s soooooo quiet so she calls out louder ''hellooooooo ????'' and again is greeted by silence. now the poor girl brain cell is getting upset because this never happens in a girl brain and she''s started to get worried and scared so she screams out as loud as she can ''helllooooooo ?? is anybody there ????'' and then, after a long, long minute she hears "we''re all down here"

36.gif

heh. I LOVE that joke !!!! heheheeh.

anyway, I fly a week from tomorrow so I''m half-excited/half-afraid-to-get-excited !!! will he ask before I go ????

oh, the waiting !!!!
3.gif

Molson

Rough_Rock
Teebee - I LOVE YOUR RING!!! It is so similar to my ''inspiration'' rings! I can''t wait to see hand pics and get some specs! You are a lucky, lucky girl!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Teebee,

What a beautiful ring! I can''t believe you know your boyfriend so well. The proposal bit was funny. I actually had a question about Whiteflash. Did they do a custom job for your ring? How were they in the process? I want a leon meagre ring (like reena''s except a bit simpler) I was wondering if they could handle it. Just for future reference of course.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
fortheloveofdiamonds - THanks for the honesty! I needed someone to tell me that! You're absolutely right, I'm sure!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
always looked for a wedding topper with a shaved bald white guy and a girl with short spiked hair - came across these personalized - think they''re like $1000 though

get back here.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GG, how ADORABLE are you guys!!!! Great picture, beautiful couple!!! And I agree, it looks like an engagement pic!!

Erin, your comment about picturing all of GG''s comments coming out of a Golden''s mouth starting with an R a la Scooby had me cracking up. TOO FUNNY!!!!

Njc, I''m a near-albino like you....pastypastyfreckleburn!

Teebee, we''re dying to find out what happens tonight!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
GG -- cuz you haven''t heard it enough, adorable picture, beautiful surroundings too! I have to agree that its nice to put a face with a name, maybe we should all look for some pics to share? Mine''s in my avitar, but its so tiny.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank everybody, you''re all so sweet!! (I was kinda hoping we could USE ''em as engagement pics, but there will have to be a proposal first..
31.gif
)

Shay, I''m 21, still a young''un.
1.gif

njc, I better fess up--it''s a total fake. I''m normally see-through. My tan is spray-on.
2.gif

MS, I think that would be a too-cute idea!!
5.gif

Erin: is this better? lol...

bekkahcai.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
GG - you two are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!!!! You look so happy together!! And it really does look like an engagement photo! Just photoshop in a sparkler on your hand!!

OK, gotta ask - what do you do to keep your skin so clear? Ever since my junior year of college, I''ve been breaking out - never happened in high school... But it''s not like I get a bunch of little tiny zits either - my college friends put it best - "It''s like your body saves up and puts out a big huge zit every couple of weeks." And as far as I can tell, it doesn''t have anything to do with Aunt Flo''s monthly visits. I''m at a loss.

teebee - GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS RING!!!!! I bet you and almost-FI can''t wait to get it!!!!! Be strong - it''s a wonderful feeling to have him put it on your finger for you! It just feels so official!

Melissa - I have to agree with ftlod. Very cute for kids though. And thanks for your nice compliments on my kitties in the mascot thread!!!!! Your Stormie is so adorable!!! I just want to snuggle my face in her soft little belly! I just moved my girls'' pics and added some more into the No Dogs Allowed thread yesterday.

Croi - nice joke!!! So true sometimes.... Good luck handling the anticipation for your flight, and perhaps a proposal!!
2.gif

Erin - a college friend of mine had a family friend design a cake topper like those for their wedding - she even made it look like her in her wedding dress! Very cute. I don''t like cake toppers - too cheesy for me - but my cake designer friend suggested a framed picture of the two of us instead, which I like a lot better.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
teebee..are you running wild after all the fed-ex trucks this morning?
2.gif
I can NOT wait to see your hand pics! Are you really not going to wait until your BF comes home to open the box? I know, it is so HARD to STEP AWAY FROM THE BOX. lol!

GG- You two make an incredibly sweet couple!!! Gorgeous and tan.
1.gif
I agree, the pic does look like an engagement photo. One thing to check off your list!

Alleycat- Although I''m sure that whiteflash would do a good job..but if you want a future Leon Mege ring, just call him. His prices are reasonable. No where near what Michael B or Daniel K charge for their settings (cha-ching).

speaking of LM..9 more incredibly long days until my ring completion date!!!! I am trying to be soo good and not obsess and count down the days but... ohhh. waiting waiting waiting...
7.gif
19.gif
7.gif
19.gif
After next Friday it is in my BF''s hot little hands (oh please may he be kind with a quick proposal).

-lovey

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
here''s my little cake topper idea. My BF thinks they are cheesy (ok lots of them are)..but I love this one anyway.

avelo71.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD-- actually the first few pics we took I DO have a sparkler on my hand--I was still wearing my "taken" ring. In fact the photo we decided to use was the only one of the two of us where I''m still wearing the ring and it''s OBVIOUS. I asked him if he wanted to photoshop it OUT so he wouldn''t have to answer his family''s inevitable questions, but he wants to leave it in. I''m at work now so I don''t have it
7.gif
, I would post it up otherwise!

And I really wish I could take at least a little credit for my skin, but it is just a blessing. I am so, so bad with skincare. I''ve been trying really hard lately to at least wash off my makeup at night and put on sunscreen in the morning, but I''m still not 100%. My mom has always had great skin and I inherited it from her. Kyle hates me for it, too.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Teebee - Wowzers! Gorgeous ring! I looooove it!

GG - you two are sooooo cute together! You and your fiancee aren''t too bad either.
2.gif

Since we''re on the topic of cutsey photos and such, thought I''d share something we had done a while back at one of my b/f''s company''s Family Days.

It was done by a company called Butt Sketch - you can see their site here.

DSCN1949.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results