shape
carat
color
clarity

just got WF pics of diamond! what do you think!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 2:04:46 AM
Author: diamondfan
Sunkist:

I think it is a GORGEOUS stone. You are a totally amazing photog. LOVE the ones on the purple flower, like your avatar. Amazing pix, creative and stunning. I cannot believe you found a diamond! Take it to be appraised! If there is not a logical way to return it (posting something near where you found it) then I say finders keepers. It might make a beautiful pendant!!! Enjoy that gorgeous stone.

Diamondfan, thank you for the compliments on my photography! I''m just an amateur, I swear
3.gif
But I am very please with these pics, and my diamond**!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s typically what I do too sunkist...my camera also has a digital macro mode settable through the menu (not just by pressing the flower which is a different ''lesser'' macro mode)....hrmmmmm...I will have to play around with some extra house lighting and see what sorts of new photos I can get! hehee.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 2:39:15 AM
Author: Mara
That's typically what I do too sunkist...my camera also has a digital macro mode settable through the menu (not just by pressing the flower which is a different 'lesser' macro mode)....hrmmmmm...I will have to play around with some extra house lighting and see what sorts of new photos I can get! hehee.

Hmmmm, that is interesting. Also, all of these good photos I took outside, but so were yours... Mara! I just went back and took another look at your pics, they are amazing! You've totally got it going on
2.gif
Just keep snapping away! and keep steady, steady, steady...

btw, I'm drooling over your rock again. Thanks a lot!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2006 11:17:53 PM
Author: sunkist
This picture is perfection.
36.gif
Darn it didn't quote, one of the flower shots. That diamond is also perfection Sunkist!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 2:25:16 AM

Date: 5/8/2006 1:38:09 AM
Author: Matatora

Date: 5/7/2006 11:41:26 PM

Date: 5/7/2006 9:50:45 PM

Sunkist- I just read about how when you first opened the box, you were a bit disappointed because the stone seemed yellow. I felt the same way when I first saw my K (also a K/VS2) but in time the warmth of the K really grew on me. Almost like the warmth made it more mine. I think K’s can be really lovely and great as long as that extra tint does not bother you. I am so glad you have found the stone that speaks to you. Your photography is simply amazing, your shots are stunning, and very nicely composed. Congrats again I cannot wait to see this sparkler set!

Matatora, did you see your stone loose for the first time, or was it already set? Also what kind of a pendant setting is it in?
Sunkist- the stone was set when I received it. It is in a traditional four prong wire basket on 15” inch chain. (Oh and I made a wee mistake..my K is a VS1 whoops!).

K is for...

Thanks for posting your link Mata. I just read through your thread. That is very interesting about the tone in your stone. Do you still notice more tone in the top of the stone? Or is that perception gone? I''m glad that you finally fell in love with it.
1.gif
I''m eager to see my own stone set in the ring.
I dont look at it anymore to be honest. If I have it on I cannot see it and when it is off it is it is in a box.
When will your ring be set?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
It won''t be set for a little while. I want C to go look at settings with me one more time so we can be sure of what we like. Then I''m still really hoping that we go with the Lockes solitaire. I went and tried on knife edge rings yesterday, and I really liked the knife edge alone. It was a feel that I could easily get used to. But if I had a knife edge e-ring, I''d want a knife w-band too. And wearing 2 knife edges wasn''t very comfy, and I''m still not sure I liked the look on my hand. Perhaps I should try it again. I do really like the look and feel of a 2-3mm rounded top shank though. It''s just comfy!

Anyways, with his schedule it will be over 2 weeks before we can go look at settings, so it will be at least a month before the diamond is set. Now that I''m so attached to this stone, I''m getting nervous about mailing it away to NY. I guess that''s what insurance is for though, right?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 3:24:31 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 5/7/2006 11:17:53 PM

This picture is perfection.
36.gif
Darn it didn''t quote, one of the flower shots. That diamond is also perfection Sunkist!
36.gif

I''m glad you like the photos, Lorelei
1.gif
Thanks for compliments on the diamond!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 3:48:56 AM
It won''t be set for a little while. I want C to go look at settings with me one more time so we can be sure of what we like. Then I''m still really hoping that we go with the Lockes solitaire. I went and tried on knife edge rings yesterday, and I really liked the knife edge alone. It was a feel that I could easily get used to. But if I had a knife edge e-ring, I''d want a knife w-band too. And wearing 2 knife edges wasn''t very comfy, and I''m still not sure I liked the look on my hand. Perhaps I should try it again. I do really like the look and feel of a 2-3mm rounded top shank though. It''s just comfy!

Anyways, with his schedule it will be over 2 weeks before we can go look at settings, so it will be at least a month before the diamond is set. Now that I''m so attached to this stone, I''m getting nervous about mailing it away to NY. I guess that''s what insurance is for though, right?
Oh I am sorry you have to wait to go and look at settings. If you think you want to work with Lockes why not send the stone to them now and see if they approve it? At least that way if you do go with them you wont need to wait on them, and if they dont for some reason you can check them off mentally.

I think the Lockes setting is very comfortable to wear and a 2.5mm with a rounded shank it sounds like you would too! I have to admit I am rooting for you to get the Lockes setting just because I love mine soo much.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 4:43:10 AM
Date: 5/8/2006 3:48:56 AM

Oh I am sorry you have to wait to go and look at settings. If you think you want to work with Lockes why not send the stone to them now and see if they approve it? At least that way if you do go with them you wont need to wait on them, and if they dont for some reason you can check them off mentally.

I think the Lockes setting is very comfortable to wear and a 2.5mm with a rounded shank it sounds like you would too! I have to admit I am rooting for you to get the Lockes setting just because I love mine soo much.

Mata, that is a good idea. I will start talking to Lockes again and see if my stone gets their approval. I think I''m talking to the same guy there at Lockes that you did, because he told me that he just helped with the order of one of these solitaires for a young lady in AL. That would be you right?
1.gif
I didn''t tell him that it was you who actually introduced me to this setting. Perhaps I should have! Anyways, he is a very nice guy, very friendly.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures are superb, Sunkist!!!! I can''t begin to pic a favorite.
30.gif

I can''t believe you found that diamond earring!!!! Although it is not the best diamond, it looks like a nice size. Might be perfect for a fun pendant project.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
WOW. Those pictures are unreal.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I''m so late to this drool-fest, Sunkist! Your stone is unbelievable and those photos......wowza!!!!!!
Having been with Mat when she picked out the Lockes setting, I have to say that it''s my favorite solitaire of all time! I hope that''s the one that calls to you- it''s so lovely and would be the perfect home for that perfect K
1.gif

(do they set them there in NYC? I wish they did, cause I''d stop by and sneak a peek at yours before it shipped
3.gif
. Bad FFF)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pics Sunkist! I would be holding my breath balancing that stone on some of those plants! Thanks for taking pics in comparison to the stone you found - it''s neat to see the tone and color differences...as well as cut quality differences!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 5:18:29 PM
Author: fountainfairfax
Sorry I''m so late to this drool-fest, Sunkist! Your stone is unbelievable and those photos......wowza!!!!!!

Having been with Mat when she picked out the Lockes setting, I have to say that it''s my favorite solitaire of all time! I hope that''s the one that calls to you- it''s so lovely and would be the perfect home for that perfect K
1.gif

(do they set them there in NYC? I wish they did, cause I''d stop by and sneak a peek at yours before it shipped
3.gif
. Bad FFF)

That would be so cool if you did, FFF! Ya, I''m pretty sure they set it there in their store... Where else would they do it? I don''t know. It would be fun to see what you thought of it in person though
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
DiamondLil and Gonzodogg Thank you!

Firegoddess, yes I was holding my breath! I was sitting on a lawn around the apartments and I had picked these flowers and plants before I sat down for the "photo shoot" (heehee!) When I took the pictures I was holding them close over my leather bag, so I didn't feel like I was going to lose it. But my boyfriend had the same thoughts when he saw these pictures! Well, that and that I have too much time on my hands...!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gee, great, thanks A LOT Sunkist! Now thanks to you and Mara, I must have a J *and* a K stone someday. My hubby isn''t happy with either of you! I LOVE your stone, and those flower shots are the best I''ve seen on these boards. I particulrly love the one where it looks like a drop of diamond dew fell out of the daisy! It looks so white, but in the pics where you can see some color, it''s more like a soft glow rather than a creamy tint. You lucked out with that stone!!! I cannot wait to see it set!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 5:44:32 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Oh gee, great, thanks A LOT Sunkist! Now thanks to you and Mara, I must have a J *and* a K stone someday. My hubby isn''t happy with either of you! I LOVE your stone, and those flower shots are the best I''ve seen on these boards. I particulrly love the one where it looks like a drop of diamond dew fell out of the daisy! It looks so white, but in the pics where you can see some color, it''s more like a soft glow rather than a creamy tint. You lucked out with that stone!!! I cannot wait to see it set!

haha, Yay! More Js and Ks
36.gif
It is a really soft and comforting color.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2006 5:36:45 PM

Date: 5/8/2006 5:18:29 PM
Author: fountainfairfax

1.gif

3.gif
. Bad FFF)

That would be so cool if you did, FFF! Ya, I''m pretty sure they set it there in their store... Where else would they do it? I don''t know. It would be fun to see what you thought of it in person though
36.gif
Yes I am the girl from AL, at least until Sat!
2.gif
They dont make or set the rings there, but I am confident that if you wanted FFF to look it over for you before they shipped it out that they would be happy to allow it. They are wonderful!
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunkist

WOW!!! beautiful shots.
10.gif
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Good lord, sunkist - you certainly have the knack!

LOVELY stone! and AWESOME pics!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My last messages got lost...grr...but all they said is that your pics and stone are dreamy
30.gif
36.gif

cheeers--Sharon

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
DF, Alj, and Sharon thank you!
5.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a shot I took the other night. Thought there were some pretty cool colors going on in there!

DSCN2609.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I went on a walk this morning and picked up a few flower buds along the way, thought they''d make a good stage for another photoshoot!
31.gif
I took these photos in different sun today, it was over head instead of significantly on it''s way down. I was amazed at how much more difficult it was to get these photos. I guess cause my diamond was blaring so bright! I tend to like the photos better in the shade, but boy does it sparkle in the sun!
36.gif

EDSCN2861.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

EDSCN2866.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I love how you can see all the cuts of the facets in this one. It looks like a snowflake!

EDSCN2873.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

EDSCN2874.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

EDSCN2885.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

EDSCN2920.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

EDSCN2949.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results