shape
carat
color
clarity

just got WF pics of diamond! what do you think!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Oh my word. Actually, there are no words to describe the beauty of that diamond. Just GORGEOUS!
30.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
30.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border="0">

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Lynn, Lili, Kathleen , I''m glad you ladies are enjoying the pictures. It is so fun to see them come out! Lynn today I''d say there were about 1 or less out of 5 pics that I just would not post due to focusing issues or something. Then to choose out of the good ones, I can go off of composition or something. But seriously last Sunday when I took pictures, EVERY single photo was comming out dynamite! I was sooo impressed! I think it was the soft lighting of the early evening. I can''t just point and shoot though, I mean essentially that''s what it is, but you have to wait for the camera to focus in an maybe pull the camera away a little bit so it can get a good focus on the diamond. Then you hold your breath and snap it! But once you''ve got the feel of it, snap, snap, snap away!
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, Lynn B -- I do the same thing! When DH comes into the room I minimize as quick as I can and then pretend like I''m surfing CNN.com or something.
3.gif
Sunkist and Mara are to blame for my addiction to diamond ****!

Sunkist, if your diamond pics are already this amazing unmounted, then I''m going to keel over and die when I see it in the ring!!!

MORE PICS PLEASE!!! Don''t stop!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hands down the best pics I''ve seen on PS. Ok Mara, Dem, Kristy, and Miss Lynn take darn good pics too!!! ( Don''t throw any Lemon pies my way, hehe)
3.gif
We should have a shoot off between you guys. But Sunkist, I am floored by these, and that doesn''t happen often. Your work is amazing and the stone is beyond stunning. Keep''em coming girl!!!!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 12:47:08 AM
Author: kaleigh
Hands down the best pics I've seen on PS. Ok Mara, Dem, Kristy, and Miss Lynn take darn good pics too!!! ( Don't throw any Lemon pies my way, hehe)
3.gif
We should have a shoot off between you guys. But Sunkist, I am floored by these, and that doesn't happen often. Your work is amazing and the stone is beyond stunning. Keep'em coming girl!!!!
1.gif

Lisa, I LOL over your post, girlfriend! xoxoxo A "shoot off"! haha!

I am soooo seriously thinking of getting that Nikon camera. Of course, right now, I don't have much here at home to PHOTOGRAPH!!! But soon...!
2.gif

And I second that - my dear cohorts ALL take killer photos, but Sunkist here definitely TAKES FIRST PLACE. Breathtaking photos, to be sure!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
sunkist, those pictures are amazing, change your screen name to photofairy-kissed

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 7:53:30 PM
Author: Pricescope
sunkist, those pictures are amazing, change your screen name to photofairy-kissed

Haha
9.gif
Wow, you guys are really making me blush here!!
5.gif
thank you. I''m happy to post photos that you can all enjoy so much.

Kaleigh and Lynn I can see it now... Photofairy-kist VS Mara, a Dule for the photo capture of Dazzling Diamonds! Mara you''d better bring your "full arsenal"
31.gif
heehee! Oh, shoot! I''d better get one of your amazing Canons too!

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Sunkist! I Love your flower photos! Your "diamond ****" has me drooling all over my keyboard!
joni

laila

Shiny_Rock
Sunkist ~ I''m coming here very late, but I''ve got to say I just LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your beautiful pictures! Your stone is breathtaking! Congratulations! And feel free to keep adding more pics
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there doesn''t even need to be a duel, your pictures absolutely ROCK woman! no pun intended but it sure fits the bill.
9.gif

CJS924

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist you are amazing! I love your photos!

Any news on the setting front?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 2:37:08 AM
Author: Matatora

Any news on the setting front?

Hi Mat, Yes there is news. I just got an email this morning from Darrin. He said that my diamond has been approved to be set in their Lockes setting but that the Lockes name cannot be stamped on the inside of the ring due to my stone being K in color. It is a little odd, but understandable I suppose. They have their standards, and they normally do not set K color stones. I''m still glad that they are approving my stone to be set!

I know that Lockes did not talk down my stone, they simply have standards set, I understand and respect that. But I have had other jewelers talk down my diamond and it really bugged me (hence why I''m not doing business with them!). The way I see it every color grade of diamond can be beautiful. It''s just a different personality that each of them has. I really do prefer my diamond next to blue starkness of the stones at jewelry stores. There was a guy at Liberty Diamonds here locally that said "How could you buy a J or K stone off the internet without seeing it!? I mean, I''m a gemologist and I could not do it!" I gave him a quaint little reply, but honestly I don''t see what his problem is. I guess it''s the old PS battle between colorless and near-colorless, or in my case "slightly yellow".

Anyways! I haven''t replied to Lockes yet, but I''m very excited!! I need to get everything in order to ship it and get it set
9.gif
What do you think of not having it stamped "Lockes"?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s kind of interesting sunkist...I mean it''s totally their perogative to not want to stamp it but that would kind of mentally bug me....well any of the stigma''s that these lower-colored stones tend to have with jewelers and some vendors totally bugs me. Obviously I have seen colorless stones (we own one!) and near-colorless and it''s beauty in the eye of the beholder. It''s not like a 1c K stone is $10 and a 1c H stone is $1k. The price differences are alot more nuanced, so why should the J or K stones be so looked down on sometimes. Anyway, it''s the society I suppose and pre-conceived notions but gotta say that nothing sparkles like a well-cut stone, so whether it''s D or G or J or L....if it''s well-cut it will look much better than people tend to expect which is kinda fun. But it will be nice when one day the J/K or similar kind of stones aren''t looked down on...and maybe one day Lockes will stamp a K stone after it''s become more socially accepted. I think also as prices continue to rise and near-colorless is considered more often than it has been in the past, vendors will get a wake up call on what the public is more accepting of.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think your spectacular photos clearly show just how gorgeous a "K" stone can be! It is going to be just stunning in that Locke''s setting!!! To me I think they are being a little anal about not putting their name on the ring, but in the end does it really matter?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... a "k" and an "l" are good enough for their NAME ... but not their stamp??
11.gif

It would steam me for sure -- but I hate status-y stuff like that. "We are Lockes!" Blech. Who the heck are you, Lockes, anyway! They should be kissing you for giving them a wider audience (as Mat did too).

Anyhoo -- if it''s the ring you want - I guess it''s worth it. Wish you didn''t have to "pay" for the name if you ain''t GETTIN the actual name though.

Hormones. Me. All clogged up w/''em.
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
How odd. It IS a Locke''s setting, though, so why wouldn''t the setting be stamped by them? Fine if they don''t sell K or L stones or whatever, but it IS their setting.... the''re not stamping the diamond or anything! That would offput me a little but if you love that setting and that setting only, it may be worth it to you accept their terms.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Sundial, you''re right. It really doesn'' t matter if I have their name stamped on it at all. If they did stamp it, I''d probably never see it and totally forget it''s there. It is their signature setting, so hey! that''s their stamp right there
2.gif
And Mara the way I''m going to think about is that it''s kind of like a custom project. You know at WF they don''t stamp their name on your custom pieces because they didn''t come up with the idea. Well, at Lockes they didn''t come up with the idea of setting a K in their setting, it was my idea! So really it would be wrong of them to stamp their name it right?
31.gif
Haha! I''m just so happy I get to have that gorgeous ring! At least I''m pretty sure my BF agreed... I''d better talk to him about it again
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe sunkist, that''s the way to think about it.

personally for me, i could care less about having anything stamped inside my ring...i don''t even think there is anything in there stamped now. but if they don''t want to stamp their own work of art, then that''s their perogative and IMO their loss...it just seems a little silly because the STONE itself is not part of the setting, the setting IS a Lockes and they should stamp it with their brand. what if you switch out the stone in the future and get a D or something (tee hee, lemon pie!), would they stamp it then?
3.gif
ooh i feel fiesty today!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
haha! Maybe they''d stamp it if I offered them a lemon pie!
11.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
Holy moly, I think I just had a diamondgasm! Those are awesome pics, sunkist! I love love love the champagne-y color of your K! My fave pics are the one in your avatar and the one with the K on the keyboard. LOL! Thanks for sharing and please feel free to post more!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist I just saw your post, I have to own that I was concerned that they would not set it at all. They wanted to see and examine mine before they consented to setting it and I thought that a J might be as low as they would go, I think they may base this off the border between near and faint colorless. I think if it is stamped or not will only be known to your (and perhaps your insurance agent). Regardless of this I think you will enjoy it very much, I know I am still thrilled with the setting.
I hope you have to opportunity to take a few more pictures soon, they are soo lovely!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ya, I too was surprised that they agreed to set it with out seeing it in person! I thought even if it wasn''t a J or K they''d still want to inspect it. But I sent them all the WF info (the 40x mag photo, the IS photo, the sarin, AGS cert) and they agreed off of that! So I''m happy. I told them it''s a beautiful stone so maybe that tipped the scale
2.gif
3.gif
Either way, like you said no one will know if it''s stamped besides me, and no one else is going to care! But it''s going to be beautiful. Thanks for all your help, Mata!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
More pictures!!! Heehee
3.gif

DSCN2891.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I love these little flowers, they make my diamond look huge
1.gif

DSCN2897.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2908.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2931.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2935.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN2987.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if this same stone was graded by another lab like EGL or IGI and was given a higher color grade, such as an I, would they stamp their name?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results