shape
carat
color
clarity

just got WF pics of diamond! what do you think!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist i'm so jealous...your loose diamond is able to get into all sorts of fun positions...my ring is so heavy that when i put it into delicate small flowers it falls out!! last nite i had a scare when i was snapping some pictures and both rings fell out of the rose and onto the cement and i couldn't find my w-ring for like 5 minutes. and my plants are pretty wild in their pots, lots of tangled stuff going on. PANIC TIME. thank goodness i found it but it didn't stop me from taking more pictures after i calmed down.
9.gif

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Meh. I wouldn''t be too put off by it. So it doesn''t have the stamp. It''s still going to be just as beautiful. It''s a fantastic design! And I''m loving these diamond pics. Haha... "diamondgasm" alright!

(I''m getting the Lockes-style head put on my upcoming e-ring redo, custom-made with the "holes" in the bottom of the head filled in - watch for the thread, but don''t worry... I won''t "steal your thunder") :)

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Mara that is too funny that loosing your ring for a bit didn''t deter you
3.gif
Man, if I dropped my stone and couldn''t find, I''d probably make my BF keep it at his house. hehe, but then I''d probably sneak it back to my place the next day
9.gif
What a scary feeling to not be able to find it though! I''m glad you did
1.gif

Jelly that is an interesting thought. They did ask me if it was AGS certed though, so perhaps that played into their approving it? I haven''t asked questions yet about it. I think normally all their rings are set with their own stones and they may have a certain grade standard that just plays off of general perceptions of diamond color grades. You see people coming on here all the time thinking that J or K color stones are YELLOW and couldn''t look pretty at all. In reality, if they are well cut, it''s simply a warmer white color. So they maybe they don''t want it out that a K is set in their signed piece? Who knows. I don''t care. I''m happy! We know K''s are beautiful
2.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 6:29:55 PM
Author: Shawna13
Meh. I wouldn''t be too put off by it. So it doesn''t have the stamp. It''s still going to be just as beautiful. It''s a fantastic design! And I''m loving these diamond pics. Haha... ''diamondgasm'' alright!

(I''m getting the Lockes-style head put on my upcoming e-ring redo, custom-made with the ''holes'' in the bottom of the head filled in - watch for the thread, but don''t worry... I won''t ''steal your thunder'') :)

Ahh! Really? Cool! Mata''s Lockes has made quite an impression here
2.gif
I''m so glad she shared it with PS!! Who are you having make it? Are you still going to have the surprise diamonds around the head? I''m excited to see it
36.gif
When will it be here?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunkist, if it makes you feel any better, I had never even heard of Lockes until Mat got her gorgeous setting! I also recall that Beaudry will not use his regular stamp on a custom ring when you provide the diamond. Just as Tiffany''s won''t set the diamonds of others at all, and they use no lower than I color. But I LOVE that setting and do not think it would matter a bit not to have their stamp. Although I think you should get a discount for not having the stamp!!!

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times on this thread but I didn''t write it down if I saw it...but what kind of camera do you have? The diamond vendors need to start including a new camera with the purchase of a diamond!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 7:51:44 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times on this thread but I didn't write it down if I saw it...but what kind of camera do you have? The diamond vendors need to start including a new camera with the purchase of a diamond!

Hahaha! DS that's EXACTLY what I was thinking a few days ago!
36.gif
9.gif
Every diamond should come with a great camera, cause every proud diamond owner has GOT to have the perfect bling shots! That would be so awesome if a vendor did that. I'm sure they'd be on the top of list with the PS crowd
2.gif
That's just too funny!

Oh! And i forgot to say it's a Nikon Coolpix S1. I've been very happy with it
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
So I''ve been thinking about what a few of you said, that since Lockes won''t put their name on my future ring then I should get a discount. Do you really think I should ask for it? Is it not wrong for me to ask? Or is this just wishful thinking...? I definitely don''t want to offend them, because they''ve been nothing but nice to me. Just wondering if you think it''s legitimate.

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
You''ll never know unless you ask! I started just asking things as a joke. "So... you wanna knock $50 off the price for me then?" or "Could you just throw in an extra something""... and people starting just giving me stuff. Wow! My mom does it all the time. People do it all the time with jewellery as well. No matter which company you''re dealing with, always try to negotiate the price! I find if you just ask casually for something, people tend to feel comfortable knocking down the price. Be confident. If you act nervous, they''re less likely to do something. But don''t ask in a cocky "you should give me the discount cause I deserve it" tone. Just be friendly!

If it offends them that you''re asking for a discount, then they''re just being silly. All prices are negotiable, especially if they''re not going to stamp their name on the ring!

Good luck!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sunkist, I''m late to the party because I didn''t see this thread until today, but I just had to say how stunning your diamond and your photos are!!! Wow! I totally just put that camera on my Amazon wishlist
25.gif
! Will you come take pictures of my ring when it arrives???
9.gif

Selkie

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 7:43:30 PM
Author: Selkie
Hi Sunkist, I''m late to the party because I didn''t see this thread until today, but I just had to say how stunning your diamond and your photos are!!! Wow! I totally just put that camera on my Amazon wishlist
25.gif
! Will you come take pictures of my ring when it arrives???
9.gif

Selkie

Hi Selkie! Thank you
1.gif
Ya, I do like the camera. It''s nice and small and for a decent price. I would love to take pics of your new ring! We need to have another get together, definitely! I cannot wait to see your beauty. Keep us updated
2.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I have a few more pics to upload. Some for enjoyment and some were a "study" I did, sort of comparing my K to other stones.

First, no I did not get it set! I''m just playing around seeing what it will look like when it is set
3.gif

DSCN3134.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Looking at the size on my hand. I really like it, think it will be the perfect size on my hand
1.gif

DSCN3185.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
This is a different pic. That is the reflection of a tree outside in the table of my diamond! I was amazed I could see that
4.gif

DSCN3217.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN3232.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

DSCN3279.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
This is a comparison. Sorry I do not know what color the other stones are. Also, it''s hard to capture the "color" I see in real life. However, this pic captures more side color that I could see, even compared side by side. And when I look at my stone alone, I can''t even see anything at all, it looks perfectly white.

DSCN3377.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mine''s in the middle!

DSCN3389.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
This is an interesting pic. You can see a lot of yellow light. This is yellow refracted light, or fire, coming off the stones. You see a lot in my middle stone and then a little of the same color in the other two stones. I''m not sure why my camera was picking up that yellow color so much. Really there were tons of other colors flying off as well. But the interesting thing is that you can see how much more colored light is coming off of my middle stone, less off of the big top stone, and even less of the tiny bottom one. I''ll attribute that to the cut... Hope my analysis there made sense...

DSCN3383.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
You can see the cuts.

... ok, I'm done analyzing now
1.gif

DSCN3398.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
hey Sunkist these pics are just amazing.
I went through the thread- just incredible shots; one after the other.

Very impressive.

Thanks for the eye candy "peep show!"

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Thank you Sevens! I''m missing my stone
7.gif
I turned it over to my BF so he can have it set sometime next month. At least I know I''ll have it back by the end of the summer and then I hope to post a bunch more pictures
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results