carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

huskylover

Rough_Rock
Stopping in with little to update
3.gif
I am dying to go to my first appt - I feel like time is just standing still. I''m really hoping that my morning sickness doesn''t get worse (on Monday I had to run to the bathroom after lunch because I was pretty sure it was all going to come back up - I ended up only coughing up some phlegm, but it wasn''t a happy feeling). I haven''t reached the dreaded six weeks yet though! I''m currently 5wks1day - and feeling like I could puke at any second most of the time.

Other than that - my sense of smell is out of control! I feel like I can smell anything/everything. And nothing smells the way it should. Even my freshly washed blanket smells like the dogs to me - it is nuts. I feel like I have a super power
19.gif

Noel and HOU - glad to hear the nausea lets up at some point
36.gif

DC - I was looking into daycare here (already...) and it just depresses me. I can''t imagine paying $20,000 for someone to watch my baby - especially when I''m not too fond of the idea of my kid getting "raised" by a stranger. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) both DH and my salaries are significantly more than the cost of daycare for one kid, but not high enough that we could survive off of only one - so I''m not sure what we are going to do about that. We are kicking around the idea of moving to a different state rather soon after the baby is born.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, HOU! That kid totally looks like...a kid! Fantastic!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
So here''s a pic I found on google of a 10 week embryo, and to me, it really looks like that second ultrasound pic I just posted!! So crazy that my baby already looks so much like a human!

10 week embryo.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehe, thanks Pupp!! That''s the part I was so excited about...actually looks like a BABY now!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, houie! Adorable US!! It is absolutely amazing how they go from a speck to a real baby so quickly!

btw-you may want to remove your name from your pics.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

SS - good call. I knew my preggo brain forgot something!! :)

Thanks admin for deleting my posts so my full name isn''t splattered all over the net.

9.gif
Let''s try this again, name blanked out this time...

HMG9weeks3daysUS.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Next one...I think you can see the brain in this one!! Either that, or my kid has crazy outer space alien eyes!! LOL!

HMG9week3dayUSb.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
And the last one. Cute little gummy bear.
30.gif

HMG9w3dUSc.jpg

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Sooo I had a great scan! I am so relieved! We saw the little yolk sac and the teeny little heartbeat pumping away! Measuring 6w3d which is 1 day behind my estimations based on my charting. I can''t believe it! It''s hard to believe there''s something, a being, growing inside me...kind of freaky like a science experiment, but I love the little thingie already! At first I just saw the gestational sac and was really worried, but then the NP found the yolk sac and the heartbeat. I don''t get another scan until my nuchal one at 12wks so that''s 6 wks away! Ahh! That''s long, right? My next appt to hopefully hear the hb is in 4 wks.

Houie, thanks for the support and your baby is sooo cute!

Dc, thanks for the PSA, that''s nice of you to post.

Noel, hope your ms is getting better!

Husky, the waiting is torture! Try to stay busy and hopefully that will help.

I''ve been feeling some nausea and food aversions but thankfully no throwing up. I find that I really want to eat sour things like vinegar and salt and vinegar chips...and fruit and wheat toast are fine.

Hope the rest of you are doing well!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi laides - seems like it makes sense that I join this thread now. I got a positive HPT a few nights ago. I was shocked and thrilled at the same time. It doesn''t feel real to me and I am terrified that I am going to go to the Dr''s and they are gonna tell me something isn''t right. I think my emotions, worries, feelings etc. seem to be completely normal so I take solace in that.

I have my first maternity intake exam on the 13th and the day can''t come fast enough! Between now and then I will have to stop myself from peeing on a stick to check that I''m still pregnant. According to my conversation with my OB I am about 4 weeks along. However, because I didn''t have a regular schedule and had given up on charting (bad girl) we aren''t completely sure when my O date was. My Dr. said not to worry and with all the wonders of modern technology we will be able to figure out a EDD without my chart.

When I tested it wasn''t because I suspected I was pregnant, it was simply to rule it out as my cycle was crazy and I had just come off a very long cycle (45 days) the month prior. I never expected to see two lines and then Pregnant on the digital test. Then things started making sense - I had been a little moody, gassy, had sore boobs for weeks, slight headaches and slowly but surely the nausea crept up. I blamed everything under the sun but pregnancy. I was stressed, I was tired, my hay fever was acting up, something I ate didn''t settle with me...it was crazy how easily I rationalized everything I felt and put them into neat little compartments, none of which even touched pregnancy. I feel like the nausea ebbs and flows all day long. For some reason rootbeer seems to calm my tummy down but it tastes too sweet to me so I have taken to putting ice in my cup and letting it melt. I have no interest in food but if you even mention popscicle or a word that sounds even remotely close to it, I immediately want one.

So, with fingers tightly crossed and incredibly positive thoughts, I look forward to joining this thread and continuing on what has certainly been quite a surprising and amazing journey so far. I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet right now. I really do.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
HOU - beautiful scan photos! what a cutie.

CatLuver -
36.gif
glad your first scan went well and that you saw the hb. sorry you have to wait 6 weeks, but at least you get hear the hb in 4. I know that between weeks 6-13 felt like the longest weeks in my life.

KFTu - yes, what you''re feeling about anxiety is completely normal. as you can see, we have all been through it. and you ARE one of the luckiest girls on the planet right now. [;-)

- - -

as for me, I really think m/s is gone now (so last day was at 15w2d). since Tuesday I have had no nausea problems. still get the bad taste in my mouth, but it''s all going well! now I get to focus on the stretching of my abdomen and how heavy I feel.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOU...that is a fab US..baby''s got a big brain in there..! love the US''s, they were always sooo fun esp when in FOCUS.

re: your pic of a 10 weeker, i always wondered when i''d see things like that online, is that supposed to be like a CGI fetus or is that a real pic of one and if it is a real pic, how the heck do they get it ?! it''s so amazing to see it.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Houie: Thanks for the tips on Houston. However, after poking around there, it looks like there may be more opportunity in San Antonio, so our shift has kinda moved towards that area now.

As for your scan pics, OMG, what a cutie pie! And yes, I totally see the Teddy Graham, hehe
9.gif

Keep up the good work growing your little bean mama!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

... and we lost a few posts.

Bliss - just wanted to say that if you don't feel comfortable flying then you just shouldn't. otherwise you'll go and if you don't feel well or your flight gets delayed then you'll just keep thinking about how you knew you shouldn't have gone and it will ruin the whole trip.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Argh! All those posts lost!

Ahhh, Noelwr...Thanks! Thankfully I did get to carefully read your thoughtful post before it got deleted! So thank you!!! I think you are right; I am almost sure now that I will not fly.

Hope you are all doing well today! I'm happy to report that nausea is easing significantly. I think taking the prenatal & DHA with a ginger capsule at night helps. I wake up feeling great. I learned that trick on PS - one of many helpful tips that has helped enrich my preggo life! I hope the nausea stays away from now on... I still find, however, that if I go too long without eating that I start to feel very sick. Small meals and snacks of fruit help a great deal to avoid those nasty experiences!

If any of you are looking for a great source of DHA, my OB recommended Expecta. I don't feel as queasy on this as I do with other brands. Hey, if they say it helps the kid get smarter... I'm all for it! We have our NT scan on Thursday at an ungodly hour. We're so excited! And by excited, I mean terrified! (But excited, too!)

Does anyone else feel HUGE? I know I'll look back on this first tri and think how small I was. But for now... I feel HUGE!!!! I feel like I even walk (waddle) differently! Not used to this slight belly! And while I love it, I feel self conscious at times because I now resemble a beer drinking champion. Seriously! Skinny with a beer gut! And **** star boobs! Sooooooooo Attractive!!!! :naughty: Hahahahaha. Not! Does that make sense? I have to post a pic to demonstrate this strange entity that is my body. Does anyone watch Bethenny Getting Married? I laughed when she mentioned her "chocolate pancakes" - referring to her nips! Will we get those, too? :o

I wrote back to all the ladies just a couple of days ago but PS 2.0 ate it all up! Hope it was tasty, at least.

HUGS and love! :appl:

geri

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone. Just when I had time to reply to the latest posts, they disappear :((

CDN - I just wanted to say again how sorry I am and hope you are getting the support you need.

KTF - Congrats and welcome.

Catluver - Congrats on a good first scan!

Bliss and Noelwr - I so want to fly business or first class, especially since I live at the bottom of the world and it is a long way from here to anywhere! Good luck with your NT scan, Bliss.

Houie - yay for another great scan. Congratulations. Very cute pics!

I had a bit of a meltdown today. Had some bleeding most of the day and started to panic. But they squeezed me in for a scan this afternoon and all seems to be okay. Heartbeat of 175 at just under 9 weeks and it was wiggling :appl: Very cute. DH missed all the action but serves him right for going out for a long lunch and not checking his phone messages.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I hope CDN doesn't mind me posting this:

Her post from before the change over has not yet come through, if it will. She wrote to say she had emergency surgery for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and was at home recovering with her husband who is taking great care of her.

CDN, you man not have seen the posts of support which were written but they were here; sharing in your sadness and expressing how very sad we are for your loss.

I am still thinking about you, rest up and be good to yourself.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

CDN, if you are reading this, my heart goes out to you and your DH. Big hugs your way. :(sad :(sad :(sad

To all the new preggos that I missed in the last 2 weeeks, congrats and welcome!!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
crazy preggo mamas

did you know we can give our replies a Subject now? or was that the case with old PS?

Bliss - I think you owe us quite a few photos. from your last scan, in your sexy white dress and now of your lil belly and **** boobs.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Just popping in to say:

Congrats to KTFu!!!! Fingers crossed for a wonderful pregnancy!!! Sticky dust!!!!!!!!

CDN: I'm so sorry to hear your news. My prayers are with you and your family.

HMG: Beautiful u/s photos!!!! :appl: :appl:

wellinsm

Rough_Rock
Re:

CDN--I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you are feeling better soon. My thoughts are with you.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hugs

Hello ladies! I'll have to come by to post, but I've been holding out on you with pics. So as promised, here they are! I am realizing I can no longer do belly pics in this outfit - I was trying to be consistent but the boobies will apparently not be contained. 8) They've taken on a life of their own! You can kind of see my belly in them - I am carrying low so far. 12 weeks! Wow, I can't believe it... 3 mos! It sure flies by, even with the morning sickness. PSA: I would never go out in public like this. I'd only hang around at home in workout gear this skimpy!

Preggypicz.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Re:

And....here is the promised pic of the white maternity dress I bought for date night. I'm sending it to my mom to wear as a top with jeans because it's a little too sheer for me... :saint: But the black one is not as clingy and is perfect!

PreggyDressz1.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Re:

CDinNYC, the last PS ate many of our posts... but I just wanted to give you more hugs and let you know we're thinking about you. I'm so glad that your DH is so supportive. A number of us had early losses as well and are back with healthy pregnancies. It is the most painful thing and my heart goes out to you. I hope and pray that you will come share wonderful news with us soon. I believe our angel baby is in heaven and I think about him/her often. When we meet our baby, I will be sure to thank our little angel up above for watching over the pregnancy. I believe we carry these little angel babies in our hearts always. Hugs to you and your DH.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bliss~ YOWZA! You're definitely a hot mama!!! Hope you have a great date night!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss is a hot mama

Bliss - I'm sure your hubby doesn't mind at all if you continue wearing your green tank top at home. ;)) I don't think you're going to need maternity clothes any time soon. congrats on 3 months!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone, I don't normally follow this thread, but I just wanted to congratulate some of the newly pregnant PSers, especially those of you who were so supportive of me during my fertility issues and pregnancy -

Loves Vintage, congrats - I am so happy for you!!!

Bliss, congrats, I am so happy for you, and you look fantastic!

HouMedGal, great scan pics!

KeepingtheFaith & Catluver, congrats!

And CDN, I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you.

I just want to send positive thoughts to all of you, and I'm sorry if I skipped anyone!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
10 weeks 6 days

Hi, Vesper!! :wavey: Good to see you, mama!

Bliss, I can see your teeny bump!! hehe!! You are totally gonna be one of those hot moms with the basketball bump. :bigsmile: You look fantastic!! And as Noel said, I bet hubs doesn't mind one bit that you still wear that green tank around the house. :naughty:

Noel - Can you see the individual subjects for each message on the board? I can't see them on the board, but when I hit "reply" and the reply screen comes up, I can see them below where the older posts are displayed. Weird.

Geri - sorry to hear about your scare!! But I am so glad things are going well!! You'll be done with the 1st tri before you know it....how awesome will that be??!?!!

DC - I think I posted this before 2.0 already, but I'll post it again: San Antonio is great!! At the edge of the Texas Hill Country, which is my fave part of the state. Rolling limestone hills, crystal clear rivers....sooo pretty. We've been tubing on the rivers there a few times. Lots of fun!!

------------------------

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow!! :) Bebe is still doing great, nice strong HB on my doppler. I think I need to put that thing away for awhile...what if the baby doesn't like me poking around trying to find the HB?? LOL.

NT scan is July 19th...a week from Monday!! Sooo excited!

And I still think it's a girl. We spent some time looking at girl names last night....we've settled on a boy name, but we have several possibilities for a girl. None of them are jumping out at me right now, though.

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies,

CD - I'm so sorry for what happened. How scary. Glad you are ok and I hope you recover soon.

Geri - congrats on the wiggly baby!

Noel - glad your ms is better. Mine isn't even that bad and it's challenging.

Bliss - you weren't kidding about the boobs :) I get what you mean about feeling normal everywhere else except having a gut. My boobs are bigger too but they were small to begin with so I don't think anyone but me and DH would notice. You said your NT scan is coming up right? So exciting!!

Hou, I want to get a home doppler but DH thinks I'm nuts and should just relax...boo.

I am visiting in-laws this week in NYC and I just have to say, props to you ladies who are pregnant in NYC...I'm barely preg and it's rough! The heat, crowds, all the stairs for the subway and the smells...plus already being tired means super fatigue from just walking around a bit. Normally I love walking so I feel like a bit of an invalid. I really hope the winkie wink is still ok in there...I've been pretty lucky with ms so far, no vomiting just food aversions, and fatigue.

Take care everyone!

huskylover

Rough_Rock
6wks2d

This is my first post on PS2.0 - hope I don't screw it all up :)

Hou - what great pics! I can't believe in just a few weeks I'll have a gummy bear hanging out inside of me

CDN - Thinking of you - hope you are feeling better!

Bliss - You look amazing! I know what you mean about certain things being too sheer - I hate when I try things on like that!

CatLuver - I came on to post about how I am so exhausted! Just sitting at my desk for work I feel like I am going to fall asleep! This is a new symptom for me - starting the last few days (I guess starting at 6 weeks) and I sure hope it passes soon. I feel so useless - I get home and want to go to bed by 9pm and I sleep through my alarm at 7:30 and just want to stay in bed all day! I hope you'll have some time to rest while visiting - the heat wave over in NY must be killing you!

Less than a week until my first appointment - the time seems to be dragging in some ways, but in other ways I can't believe it is here already. Still have no idea if I am going to meet the doc, if I am going to have an ultrasound or if it is just going to be a pee in a cup so they can confirm I am pregnant visit. Here's hoping for more tests rather than fewer - hehe - don't say that often!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results