shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
my NT scan has gone well so far. no abnormal thickness measured in the neck. will get blood results Wed or Thurs, which I guess are the trisomy results icekid is talking about. ???

CatLuver - ((hugs)) we''ve all been through this worry. chances are very slim for ectopic so try to think about a happy future, instead. regarding more HPTs, I thought they were fun to keep taking because it''s the only "proof" you have that it''s real. it''s an expensive hobby, though. believe-it-or-not, I STILL check for spotting.

Lynnie - after I get my NT results, I will move to the big girl''s thread with you.

and here are my u/s photos today at 13w3d. really squirmy worm, but it''s fantastic to see all the vertebrae in the spine already! also the stomach was full. and I think this u/s machine was better than the previous because I could see the hb again, which we listened to, but of course she didn''t measure the bpm. and this lady also said that if it''s not at least 7 days difference between LMP due date and u/s due date, they don''t change it. while the lady before (but different hospital) said that 7 days is a BIG difference and therefore a 4 day difference already requires a due date change.

noelwr13w3d.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for all the sweet birthday wishes!! You guys are the best!!
30.gif

So I wrote this nice looong post with nice long replies to everyone, and in the process of trying to upload my pics, PS ate my post.
29.gif
And here in the 1st tri, I simply don''t have the energy to re-write it all right now. I''m sure you guys understand.
9.gif
Maybe tomorrow.

But I do want to tell you all that this birthday goes down in the books as pretty much the best birthday I''ve ever had.
9.gif

Meet Peanut. He/She measures a perfect 7w3d (I''m 7w4d by dates today), and has a beautiful strong heartbeat at 156 beats per minute.
30.gif
Everything looks amazingly, wonderfully perfect. Thank God!!
9.gif
30.gif
9.gif

7w4d ultrasound[1][1].jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s a closeup of Peanut, sans yolk sac:

7w4d ultrasound zoom[1][1].jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
WOW-Noelwr and Houie--gorgeous ultrasounds!!!!! what adorable little Peanuts!!!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Houie - congratulations!!! That must be such a great feeling. BTW, I saw your US on fertility friend''s pregnancy site :)

noel - thanks for the support. It''s hard for me to feel positive without seeing anything, but oh well. I ordered 25 Wondfo''s tonight :) Congratulations on your scan!

Lynnie - thank you! I can''t believe you''ve been able to not get a scan at 13 weeks - I know I would be crazy!

plantation, congrats on the scan! How far along are you now?

-----
I''m feeling some random twinges, but no spotting, did any of you have that early on? I don''t really want to google much because I will get too obsessed with what-ifs. I''m also pretty bloated. DH doesn''t think that would happen so early on. This is silly but now I''m worried about getting bad results at my 6w4d scan, and then not being able to travel two days later (to visit in-laws), which means my in-laws would have to find out about what happened, which I really would not prefer. I know, crazy speculation, but I admit I am a worrywort/hypochondriac.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
HOU -
36.gif
so happy you had such great news on your b-day.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
good news: I got my e-mail that says I do not have an increased risk for a child with ds. It does not give me my statistics, but an increased risk here is anything more than 1:200.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HMG - Wonderful news about your great u/s! So happy to hear everything is progressing well.

Noel - Congrats on great NT screening results. One less thing to worry about!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Catluver - with 1st pregnancy I had cramping really early on, especially at night that it was too uncomfortable to lay on my side. with this one, I hardly had any cramping til a week ago. I guess it had already stretched the 1st time around. bloating is normal, even this early on. even if you get bad results (which we all here will keep our fingers crossed that you won''t), you will still most likely be able to travel unless you need an emergency procedure. though I can understand why you wouldn''t want to travel with any sad news. but sweetheart, please stay positive, or you''re going to drive yourself crazy getting through the whole 9 months.

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Noel, congrats on the test results. Great news. It seems like just yesterday that you got your bfp! Thanks for the support, you are so right that I need to chill out. However re: traveling, I discussed w DH that I wouldn''t want to go on the trip if I got bad news - we will be staying in his parents'' house in cramped quarters and I just would not want to deal with whatever physical issues might happen, plus having to put on a happy face with them 24/7 (they will be home the whole time), or have them know and be all over me. Just not great timing for the trip, but oh well. But hopefully that won''t happen!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
HOU
36.gif
36.gif
that is a beautiful u/s.
What a great bday present for you
36.gif
36.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hou, I''m so happy for you!!! Yay for strong heartbeat!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
HOUie~ Beautiful US!! Congratulations!

Hope you''re all feeling well today!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Noel - Beautiful NT!!!! Good to hear you got some good results!

HMG - How awesome of a birthday present you''ve got there!!! Congrats on the good HB, and for a perfect little peanut!!!!

Catluver - Yeah, I definitely felt weird random twinges in the beginning. No spotting''s great!! I had 2 random spots, one at 24 DPO (I think), and the other about 1 1/2 weeks later... the 2nd one I''m pretty sure was related to DTD, the first one I have no clue. But boy, was I worried sick!! I think it''s completely natural for you to be a worrywort, especially now. I believe we all are!! Ditto Noel on staying positive!

So I had the NT today! Date''s spot on - I''m still due Dec 19th. HB was 167 this time.
Here''s pic 1 - profile shot:

lynniesnugget1.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Skeletor shot:
It's so surreal, still! Good to finally see the little bugger!!

lynniesnugget2.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
This thread is bursting with wonderful news.. I love it!!
36.gif
36.gif

HMG- Woohoo for a perfect little heart beat on Peanut. And happy happy birthday! I had the same birthday gift a couple months back
9.gif
Can''t imagine a better present!

Lynnie- YAY for a great NT scan. It must be especially amazing to meet such a developed little baby instead of the blob phase first
2.gif
Soo cute!

CatLuver- Crampiness is normal, even spotting is normal! It''s stressful, isn''t it?! And I was definitely bloated pretty early too. These hormones are crazy! Try not to worry too much (easier said than done, of course!)

noel- Yay for good NT news!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Bella, CatLuver, Noel, LV, Lili, Pupp, SomethingShiny, Lynnie, and Icekid --- thanks so much!! Gosh, I just feel soooo much better now that I''ve got a perfect ultrasound under my belt. I''ve got my ultrasound pics in my wallet and I''ve been sneaking peeks at them all day.
30.gif

CatLuver - try not to stress, dear!! I know you''ve probably read some horror stories online (even the ones that some of us have personally experienced), but please do your best to stay positive!! Yes, miscarriages are fairly common, but that doesn''t mean it''s destined to happen to you. Crampiness is definitely normal, and like IceKid said, even some spotting can be normal!

Icekid - that''s right, I had forgotten you had a scan on your birthday too!! Best present EVER!! hehe!

Lynnie - I love those NT shots!! Awesome!! Looks like a real baby now!! hehehe!

Lili - you''re right, my doctor said "that''s probably the best birthday present you''re ever going to have." I think she was right!!!

Noel - yay for good screening results!
36.gif

------------------------------------------

Just bought a doppler off Ebay - very excited to be able to start using it, hopefully in a week or two!!

Next scan in 2 weeks....my doc says they usually do them once a month, but she''s gonna do one at 10ish weeks (and of course the NT at 12ish weeks) just to make me feel better. :) Then after that I''ll go to the normal once a month appointments. It will feel like such a long time to go a whole month in between!! I''ve become accustomed to this frequent monitoring! hehe! But I''d obviously rather just slide into a healthy normal pregnancy instead of being "special" enough for continued close monitoring throughout!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Houie: Just a quick post to say Happy Birthday and congrats on the great US. What a lovely little bean
36.gif

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Lynnie, thanks for sharing. This is horrible, but I''m not planning on DTD anytime soon! Congrats on your NT!

icekid - thanks! It is stressful! I can''t wait until I can be as far along as you.

Hou - thank you, I will try not to stress.

2 more long weeks to wait, nothing to do except hope nothing happens, and once I get my new Wondfo''s, keep P''ing OAS!

Have a great weekend ladies!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, dcgator!!! :) I still lurk often on the TTC thread and send happy thoughts your way...can''t wait to see some good news from you!!
31.gif

Catluver, hope you''re hanging in there and not worrying too much!! :) At least you have your Wondfo''s to keep you company, hehe!!

--------------------------------------

i.am.so.tired!!

And nauseous.

I feel like I''m in a fog...a tired, nauseous, can''t-remember-things fog. I think preggo brain has already started to set in!

Oh, and I had the *faintest* hint of brownish tint when I wiped this afternoon....but I''m not really worried since I haven''t had cramping (only some stretching sensations now and then), AND since last night was the 1st time we BD''ed since conceiving the little bugger (embarassing, but true!!) I''m thinking my cervix is prob hypervascular and sensitive and maybe it got a little mad about the BDing.

8 weeks today!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
NOELWR!!!!! Ohhh, how are you, my beautiful preggie sister?
36.gif
Ohhh, flutters!!!!! Your baby is so miraculous and CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!! Super huge congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!! I wish we could look in on them all the time. Why don't our bellies have clear windows so we can check up on our bubs? Wouldn't that be so cool? Like Teletubbies!

somethingshiny!!!! How are you doing, Miss Lovely?

Loves Vintage!! Oh, I do have a Zofran prescrip, but have been too chicken to use it yet after seeing some mixed reviews. I should, though... It's definitely in the Break Glass In Case of Emergency case! Sometimes I feel like I should just take it but I want to try to see if I can survive without it in the meantime. I know if I feel like it's endangering my health by not eating enough, I will take it without hesitation. For now, I just force food down. Mind over matter, I guess! It is so hard turning down invitations to do fun things with my friends. But all I want to do is lie in bed watching movies. Oh, your baby looks GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
So beautiful. YAY for amazing NT results!!!

HOU!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats on the AMAZING ultrasound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing! So happy for you!!!!!!!!! (skipping dance in a circle with the preggie sisters like Noel said!!!) Peanut is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful heartbeat! Do you think that means it's a boy? Ours was 153 bpm. Hehehehehehehehe, so cute. Perfect, perfect!!!!! So sorry you are feeling sick, HOU. I know exactly how you feel! I cut back on work and only work about 2 days a week and even the 5 days I'm at home... torture!!! Do all mommies go through this? I thought the first tri would be glowing bliss, shopping for cute maternity clothes and floating around from prenatal massages to yoga. Soooooo not my reality! All I want to do is make the migraines/nausea/AF type soreness/heartburn go away! And Happy Birthday! Hope your doppler gets to you soon!

KimberlyH!!! How are you? I thought of you and got some Altoids today! Thanks for the tip!

puppmom!!!!!! I am planning on getting the Psi-bands this weekend! My kitchen is full of home remedies for nausea. It's so strange that when one thing works, its magic powers wear off and don't seem to work the next time. So I have to move on to the next fix, it seems. How are you doing???
36.gif

Lili!!!!! Hoping to see you here again soon! Dust dust dust! I never tire of seeing your avatar!

CatLuver!!! Welcome and congratulations!!!!!! I don't think you'd see anything much until about 6.5-7 weeks unless you're lucky. You'd probably be able to detect a little fetal pole, yolk sac...closer to 7 weeks, a heartbeat. I know the wait is so tough. Hang in there!!!! The days do drag by, don't they? And they don't get better because I'm waiting for my next ultrasound next week and I'm worried all over again! Ay ay ay. I guess this is what mommyhood feels like. We are worry warts now!
35.gif
Twinges are very normal, as are cramps! They are a good sign - your uterus is stretching and making room for your bub!

Lanie!!!! YAY for your second tri! Oh, please tell us magical tales about how amazing it is!!!!!!!! I have a countdown clock to the second tri. I know sometimes symptoms stick around, but it is nice to pretend to have an end in sight. Oh, congrats to you!

Beeeeellaaaaa!!!! You're so awesome! Hugs and dust to you! See you here soon - and you can educate us on cloth diapers!

icekid!!! Oy! Nausea is still around? Super hugs to you! I bet I'm going to have it until the 39th week or something like that!
23.gif
Maybe yours will go away soon, though! Man, I should really try the Zofran. So many great experiences with it on this board!

Mara!!! Nooooooo!!!! Another dissenter!
31.gif
I'm going to pretend I didn't see your post about nausea hanging around until the 17th week. Well, if it gives me a bubble butt like yours, bring on the nausea!

Plantationcatt!!! YAY!!!!!! Yay for your heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous strong heartbeat, too!!!!! I guess we're all going to have White Tiger babies!

Lynnie!!!! I know, I know!!! I may be growing a little set of testicles and a penis, too! So sci-fi! It's amazing. I love to brag to DH about how cool women's bodies are. I'm like, "HEY!!! YOU!!!! I'm growing a human being!!! What have YOU done lately???"
31.gif
He is definitely in awe and I don't let him forget it! LOL He often says he wishes he could share the bad pregnancy symptoms, though. I know he would take them all if he could...and believe me, I would NOT have any problem surrendering them to him! Here! DH, take them! *sprints away* (looks back to see if he's following) *keeps sprinting* Oh, your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! SO GORGEOUS! That profile!!!!! Oh, dear! So cute! So cute!!!!!! Yay for the NT scan!!!!! I love the skeletor shot! SO ADORABLE!

CDinNYC!!!! CONGRATS, GF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
How did the amazing cupcakes and spoons go with your DH? That is the most yummy and creative way to tell DH I have ever seen! You go, girl! So cute! You're gonna be an awesome mommy! So happy to see you here!!!!

dcgator!!!! Tons of dust to you and hope to see you in here soon!
35.gif

How are all of you lovely mamas doing? I'm still as sick as a dog! I don't know how so many women do this! I asked my mom how she survived her first tri and she said she threw up all the time. Hmmmm, she never mentioned that before! I think a lot of women downplay ms so as not to scare us into swearing off pregnancy! I know my mom always extolled the blessings of pregnancy but never told me how tough it could be until now! But she did say something so sweet in the midst of my suffering. She said, "Bliss, this is the greatest gift God can give a woman... the most precious, blessed treasure in the whole wide world is a baby. It is nothing short of a miracle and don't forget that." It really made me forget the pain...for a while! But in the throes of it all, I do feel so lucky. Must...not..forget! LOL I just wanted to share with you ladies.... because I often forget what an incredible privilege and honor it is to be a mommy. Makes me sentimental!

I'm not hurling but I want to hurl all the time.
32.gif
Sometimes I wish I could hurl so that I'd at least feel better initially. I feel awful complaining all the time, but I had no idea things would be so rough. I'm unable to meet friends for dinner or do anything. Even lying in bed is torture - I never got headaches before I got pregnant. Now I know what a migraine is! Oh joy! I read up on some women who have severe morning sickness and they have to be hospitalized in cool dark rooms fed through an IV. I actually thought, "Hmmm, that sounds like heaven!" I hate eating. Hate. Eating. Food is so gross and even thinking about food makes me want to hurl. Unfortunately, all DH seems to ask is, "You need to eat. What can I get you to EAT?" Ahhhhhh!!! That word! "Eat!" *curls up in a ball*

At some point, I would really really like to exercise, though. We have a heated pool upstairs and I guess I could go swim now that I am a useless slug! DH is crazy cautious and thinks we need to do research on chlorine and pregnant women.
20.gif
How do you get over all the bad feelings so that you can exercise? DH does everything he can to coerce me to work out. We have a great gym in our building and DH drags me there when he goes. I got scared when cramps suddenly appeared out of nowhere when I was on the treadmill. I was just walking on an incline. Isn't exercise supposed to be good? I also got in the steam room for a second after my shower because I was cold and a lady gave me a lecture about how it's bad for the baby! I guess I'm showing a little bump now! That or she asked me because I walk around with my hand on my belly all the time. I'm so sorry that I'm such a party poopie. Oh...and does anyone have....gas??? No one warned me about the gas! DH loves it when the unthinkable happens because he says it makes me more human... instead of a borg? LOL... but this is an incredibly humbling experience. I am a burping, farting, nauseated big boobied slug! Don't salt me! LOL

I really hope you beautiful pregnant ladies are having a better experience than I am!!!!!!! Sending all my love and dust for no morning sickness your way!

Save yourselves!!!!!!!
36.gif
Seriously, though... through all the pain, I do endure it gladly for the health of the bean. I think he is a tiny jalapeno pepper now that we're entering week 10. That or a small shrimp with fingers and toes! DH and I get a kick out of the fact that he has dental buds. Seriously, how cute are dental buds??? So cute!!!!! My mom seems to think the baby is a girl but we think it's a boy. I can't wait until I can feel the baby kicking because then it'll all feel more real... I'm starting to show, too. Anyone else showing?
36.gif
It's been a while since we shared belly pics! I can't wait to see and celebrate your little bumps!

Lots of love!!!!!!!

ETA: Sorry I keep adding stuff! Preggo brain! Has anyone seen the Ricky Lake documentary called The Business of Being Born? It's about alternative birth stories and I was fascinated. They cite astronomical c-section rates in NY, especially in Manhattan. I guess because of the elective side of things as well as litigation fears... It made me consider a home water birth for about 5 minutes until the women shooting the documentary went into labor. She tried to have a home birth but it was derailed when the baby was breech and had the cord around his neck. She ended up ditching the water tub and going straight to St. Luke's for a c-section. Very emotional film with beautiful birth stories. There was an amazing midwife in the movie who works out of NY and I'm tempted to call her to help with my labor one day. Some women had amazing home births and gosh, I wish I could do that. But I think I'd cave and scream for an epidural. DH is so funny. Our good friend who just had a baby asked him if I was going to get an epidural and he said, "Nope. Natural." When he came home and told me that... God bless him, I fell on the floor laughing.

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Hou, Sorry you are still sick! I hope it gets better for you soon! When did you start feeling it? I got my Wondfo''s yesterday, and got a nice dark line which made me feel a little better, but I still think the next almost-2 weeks is going to go by very slowly!

Bliss, thanks for the info. I know I just need to be patient! My app''t is at 6w4d, so it would be a blessing to see a heartbeat and everything normal. Sorry your nausea has been so bad. Maybe your little bean is saying, I''m in here mommy, and I''m not going to let you forget it! Heh. If you are entering week 10, maybe only a couple more weeks of suffering?! When did you start feeling icky? I told my DH about what you told your DH (about here comes daddy to say hello!) and we laughed so much - you are so hilarious. I would love to see your little bump! If I''m lucky enough to have a healthy beanie, I worry about starting to show before the 2nd tri because I don''t want to tell work until it''s more "safe," but I tend to wear fitted clothes...oops! Re: exercise, I know there''s differing opinions on just about everything out there, but I read something about it being harmful if your body temp goes over 102.6 degrees, and I don''t know whether that is typical with regular exercise, but I know I tend to get really hot when I do my regular cardio workout, so I am staying away from it. I don''t understand why they say it''s ok to maintain your same level of exercise as pre-pregnancy, but then you should not be short of breath, because isn''t all cardio meant to make you short of breath? But walking on an incline should be ok, I think. I am going to try to go to the gym this week (and walk) because I have not moved since O day!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Knock on wood, but I''m starting to think that the 2nd tri is the god-send it''s played up to be!!! The exhaustion is much better - I just worked 3 12hr night shifts in a row, and didn''t have to drag myself at all!! My appetite just kicked into high gear this weekend, too. Last week (week 13) was rough in another way, though... I had pretty bad headaches for probably 5/7 days. Thurs night, I got a headache that got worse and worse by the minute. I tried Tylenol and tea, but nothing helped. It got so bad, that by 11 at night, I was laying there, trying to will it away, when a wave of faintness came over me, I got a cold sweat, and then BAM! Nausea... my body said ''go throw up'', and I did! Crazy, but I''m positive the headache caused the throw up. Yuck! I did feel a lot better afterwards, though. I just hope the headaches are gone for good now. I''ve been headache-free since.

Hou... Aw, I''m sorry you''re feeling so crappy. BTW, you can''t BD anymore... a B is already in there!! hehe. Yes, most def your cervix is engorged! Try not to let a little spot worry you! (I know it''s impossible not to worry sometimes though!)

Bliss! Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart! I''m sorry you''re feeling like doo doo too! Blech. My mom told me she had easy labors, and we all came out like "big farts". I''m not kidding. I hope and pray she''s not downplaying, and that easy labors are genetic! If your body is too tired to exercise, then I think it''s best to listen to your bod. It''s too busy making placenta (a lot of your oxygenated blood cells are doing that, leaving less oxygen to your brain, which makes you TIRED). DON''T feel guilty about not exercising, either! It gets better, I promise!! Re: gas. I''ve sworn off Chinese food because of gas. I had such terrible gas after eating lo mein one day, and it was painful!! Not a pleasant thing at all
14.gif

Yeah, it has been a while since we''ve seen belly pics. My belly feels HUGE today, but I think that''s ''cause I pigged out all weekend, and ((TMI alert)) I feel stopped up
6.gif
I need to eat some fiber, stat!

Catluver... wishing you tons of patience! Waiting stinks, I know!

Oh, I forgot to mention something about my NT appt. So I was tortured waiting with a full bladder for an hour. We finally get in the u/s room, and the tech is poking around there, and she goes "Know what? I think I want your bladder empty." Where''s that bat waving emotie?? I was thrilled about being able to pee, though, and next time I don''t think I''m gonna worry too much about having a full bladder. I think half full will be good enough
9.gif
. I''m pretty certain the NT came back fine! My OB only calls if there''s problems, and she hasn''t called me (it''s a huge practice, and they don''t call with normal results). My next appt is the 29th, so I''ll have the exact numbers then.

Wow. 14w1d. I guess I''m not barely pregnant anymore!!! I''m gonna man up and post on the big girl thread next, but I def won''t be leaving you girls!! You''ll be there soon, too!!!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to stay I''m still around and very round.

14w3d today and still have nausea and exhaustion. it''s a real effort to get out of bed in the morning, even though I go to sleep at 10am. so with these symptoms, I still feel like I''m in the 1st trimester. I also get to enjoy hay fever on top of pregnancy.

I''ve had a serious gas problem the whole time. sometimes I wake myself up farting and my husband goes into hysterics. better to let it out than keep it in!

HOU - scary about the wipe but at least you know what caused it. I have nightmares that I''m bleeding.
15.gif
really silly, I know. did your fetal doppler come in, yet? I think we found the hb around 10.5 weeks. now we listen every other night. the worry has really reduced, thankfully.

Bliss - sorry it''s not going well with eating. I really hope that it passes soon as you can quickly enter the pregnancy bliss. despite the nausea I still have, I do really enjoy rubbing my tummy.

Lynnie - migraines can cause nausea. the yoghurt with the stuff in it that makes you go to the bathroom... I find that has really helped me in combatting getting plugged up. and I''m happy that the OB didn''t call you about your NT scan.

Catluver - really impressive on going to the gym. I think you''re safe to exercise. regarding temperature, I think they mean more about taking a hot bath for too long or sleeping on an electric blanket all night. I''ve lain with my belly baking in the hot Florida sun, which is probably not recommended, but it''s been fine.

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Lynnie, your mom is too funny - that made me lol!
Noel, well I haven''t made it to the gym yet. Am still holding out hope.

So today I got to get blood work for hcg and progesterone. My progesterone is 31 which I guess is good. I know you need 2 data points for hcg, but my hcg was well in range for my date. I am going to get my hcg checked on Friday so hopefully that will make me feel better before my appointment.

Also, today I had an unpleasant (email) encounter with a woman at my work who is about 7 mos pregnant. I asked her a reasonable question and she bit my head off. I don''t know her that well, so I don''t know if she''s just like that, or if it''s pregnancy hormones, but sheesh...have never encountered someone so rude, even on the opposing side and we are supposed to be a team. I hope I won''t get like that (if I''m lucky enough to get that far, that is).

Well, it seems like this place has cleared out a bit, lots of you are on the big girls'' thread now, or in both places. Not many "just barelys" right now!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say hello!

catluver, it is quiet here. The Christmas baby boom is migrating to the main preggo thread. Hopefully some more TTCers will join us soon!

huskylover

Rough_Rock
I''m a new just barely pg
emteeth.gif

A few months ago I posted in the TTC thread about how I had changed my name from my wedding stuff as I thought it was too identifying. At the same time I posted about how I thought I possibly could be preggo - hubby and I stopped TTA but didn''t do much as far as charting, etc for TTC. I was worried that he''d not want to continue to TTA after the "almost pregnancy" but he was on board to keep not TTA.

Three months later and I''m preggo! We found out yesterday via hpt, I thought for sure I''d want to wait and do something cute to tell him, but I was just so shocked I had to call him right away. I actually looked at the stick and thought "gee that control line sure is further to the left than I remember" - and then the control line popped up!

It still seems kind of not real - like I am going to find out that the test was wrong or something (I took 2 just to be sure!!) I''m thinking after I go to a doc and get a blood test and all that jazz it will seem more real.

Right now I am trying to find a doc. I don''t have a regular ob/gyn - I had my checkup done with a GP last year, but I moved and he''s not exactly convenient anymore so now I''m trying to figure out how to find a good ob. I only really know one couple personally who have had a child so I feel like I don''t have a lot of personal resources. All of our family lives far away. Anyone have any good advice? I tried yelp and googling names, but it seems like it is hard to find good information...

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
huskylover, congrats and welcome!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That''s great news!

I didn''t have an OB either. What I did was decide what hospital I wanted to deliver at. I then looked up the hospital''s website online, went through their list of doctors (by specialty) and then googled a few of the doctors'' names online to read reviews. Is this something you can do in your location?

geri

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone. So great to see all the continued positive news from everyone and sending lots of sticky vibes to all the new ladies (CDNinNYC, Catluver and Huskylover).

I’m hoping that I can join in the fun. We got a BFP on 31 May! Had the first ultrasound today and we have a heart beat for the first time

36.gif
. The bean is measuring 7 weeks (a little ahead based on O date but a little behind on LMP). They are using LMP to estimate due date so EDD is 6 Feb 2011!

I think am I still a little in shock. This has been such a whirlwind for us (how many people can say they have been pregnant twice in one month

6.gif
) but we are really hoping this one is a sticky one. I was very anxious leading into today because I don’t have many symptoms (including no m/s) yet but it was so good to see that little heartbeat. Hopefully I can relax and enjoy this a little now. Next u/s in a fortnight.

Hope everyone is doing well.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 7:20:52 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Hopefully some more TTCers will join us soon!

^^ Hahaha, you ask and you shall receive!

Congrats Geri!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I'm so happy to read your news! Yay!!! It really is amazing you had two pregnancies in one month. Wow, 7 weeks. So happy you've heard the heartbeat already!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results