shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
LV - I am a horrible person! I meant for you also to be in my hand-holding ring around the rosey celebration. how was your ob/gyn appointment today? I can't believe you saw arm buds at your u/s - that is so cool. I had mine also at 8w2d, but all I saw was the blob head and blob body, and a good heartbeat. funny enough, yesterday I couldn't see the heartbeat any more, but it was definitely there. I also think that if you haven't gotten m/s by now you will be lucky enough not to have to suffer through it.

geri - I also still think about you and keep hoping that you will get to join soon.

Laila - that is a beautiful u/s! do you know how big s/he is measuring?

I threw up AGAIN this morning, but I don't care. I know all is going well! I made a little website for the baby so that we could share photos and updates with our family. then I sent an e-mail to the family from the baby bean which pretty much said "Hey, I'm joining you in person in December, can't wait to meet you, see my photos here, etc." My mom thought it was absolutely adorable and she said she had to cry when looking at the u/s pics. so she e-mailed the baby back with "Grandma saw your pictures. I already love you so much." awww... how sweet is that???

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, no worries, Noel! My appointment is in an hour. Can''t wait, even though I won''t see the doctor today. It will just be nice to be introduced to the practice.

Sorry to hear about your m/s. It should be gone soon, though, right? I am really surprised that I haven''t had any. Someone asked a few weeks ago whether there was a correlation btw m/s and those who have suffered from nausea/weak stomachs in the past. Well, I am one of those people. I will get sick on car trips if the driver is not very "steady", I get sick on planes, with migraines, etc., so I''m just pleased that I don''t have much nausea now.

Your mom is very sweet!
1.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
LV-congrats on "graduating" to the OB
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Noel, That is so cute!!!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for all of the u/s stories and pics!!!! Such great news all around!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I teared up reading every one of your stories, and pre-preggo I was not a crier at all. So sweet!

Icekid -- sorry to hear about your doggie.

They changed my dosage of Zofran! I''m feeling a little better, but I''ll take it. Out of my close friends, I''ve only told 2 of them. Every week my 12 friends and I get together to watch So you Think you Can Dance, and I was supposed to host this week. I emailed all of them Wed night and told them they might want a plan B location since I still wasn''t feeling well. They ended up meeting up at another girlfriend''s house, and I called them and they put me on speaker phone and I told them I was sorry I couldn''t host, but it was all for a good cause bc I''m pregnant. They cheered so much...it was the best way to announce to them from my bed. Hahaha! They all texted me after that and I immediately felt so much better. There are 3 of us having babies within 3 months of each other, so we''re all very excited. Lots of babysitters too!

Happy Friday everyone! No belly pic for me...my belly is the same, if not smaller since I have lost weight from not eating and throwing up. I hope I''m not starving it.
23.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hello Gorgeous Ladies!

Just popping in from the islands of Nausea and Misery to share this sweet quote I read today. Yes, I googled the words pregnant and miserable out of sheer desperation! Some poor woman who had seven pregnancies wrote this:

Tap into your feminine courage, you desperate pregnant young women.
Celestial merit badges are handed out for doing this immense work of creation.
You willl never do anything of more value than raising your children.

Not that I believe celestial merit badges are awaiting me in heaven, but it was a nice thought. It kind of reminds me that this suffering has a bigger purpose and that in the end, it will all be worth it. We can get through this!!!!!

Love & hugs!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pretty ladies
35.gif

It's been an awful busy few weeks, I had to work 15 hour days most of the week so I'm wiped out! So needless to say this is going to be a quick fly by so I can get dinner and lay down.

I love all the great US pics we've been getting in here!!! I'm so thrilled for all of you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I had my first OB vist today and he did an US. I was so surprised. I had mentally prepared myself for nothing so we were excited! Bebe measures exactly to my O date, 8w5d. This is actually feeling real for the first time. We even got to see a crazy strong heartbeat. OB said at this point the risk of m/c is very low. Finally!!!

30.gif

us 003.JPG

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, what a pleasant surprise! I''m so glad you got to see your healthy bean!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
YAY Kunzite!!!! Congrats on your strong and gorgeous bean. What a great suprise at your appointment
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Happy 12 Weeks to me! I know that sounds a bit fast considering I was 11w1d on Thurs, but the midwife who did the u/s said I should use fetal development to count and that every Sat is the beginning of a new week for me. and 12 weeks sounds like such an achievement!

it is becoming impossible to hide the fact that I am preggers. apparently, everyone can see it in my face. I think that's the nice way to say that my face is fat. so far no one at work has asked me, though I'm sure it's quite obvious. hopefully they will just wait til I tell them.

I bought some maternity pants today and left them at the tailor to have them shortened. all the maternity tops really scream "I am pregnant" which I am trying to hide right now as it's my stomach that is fat and my kid is still really low, hiding behind my pubic bone. so instead I am going for looser, wider tops.

oh ya, threw up again this morning, but obviously I don't care about that anymore.

Kunzite - yay for your good news and passing such a milestone!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite!!!!!!
35.gif
Yay for a surprise ultrasound!!
36.gif
36.gif
And, Super-Yay for a crazy strong heartbeat!!! You must be so relieved!

Wow, 15 hour days! That's so long! I can barely make it through a regular 8 hour day without feeling a strong need for nap! Haha. How do you do it? Hope things settle down at work.

Oh, and my LO is measuring exactly one day behind yours. It's so amazing that so many of us will be due at just about the same time. Woo-hoo!

Noel, When are you planning to tell work? I am really restraining myself from telling my boss. Work management issues aside, I know he is going to be thrilled. We are all rather close in our department, in a family sort of way, so I know lots of people will be so happy with my news. I am trying to wait until after the NT screening though, so may have to wait another month.

And, yay for maternity clothes. I picked up some today too. I figured they might have some items marked down from last winter, which I can wear this fall/winter. They had some. I just picked up some basics for work, and a belly band, so hopefully I can stretch out how long I wear my regular clothes for a while. I haven't been bloated at all (completely different from last time) so I haven't been uncomfortable at all. I also don't think I'll be needing the maternity clothes for a while, but I'm glad to have just a few basics for when I do need them.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey Pretty Mamas!

Lili!!!!!!!!!! Awwww, thank you! We hope to see you on here again soon! Ohhh, regarding your DD... I love spunky!!!!! Do you want another girl or a boy next?

Mara!!!! Awww, I can't believe J was just a blobbie! So cute... I hope mine grows up to be as gorgeous and as healthy as your J!

Laila!!! Oh, your squirmy worm is GORGEOUS! WOWOWOWOOWWOOWW!!!!! So cute!!!! So darling!!!!!!

Icekid... I am so sorry to hear about your chocolate labs. Labs are so precious and sweet. He will watch over your bean from heaven. I'm so happy that everything else is going well on the baby front! Yes on the lemons! I walked around with lemon wedges in NYC sniffing them and got NO weird looks at all. Hahahahaha! This is because there are people WAY WAAAY weirder than me here. I mean, I saw a man in a three piece suit sitting on the sidewalk in a hula hoop. So bizarre. He seemed happy, though. Love it!

Oh Charbie! Yes, there is hope! You will be here soon, sniffing lemons like a weirdo and trading pics. I know it! Big hugs to you, too!

Split_shank!!!! 15+ weeks???? HOLY MOLY, you lucky lady!!!!!! Can it be? How did the time fly???? WOW!!!!!!! Do you think you have a boy? I feel like we have a boy because all I do is crave meat, cheese, fruit and veggies. I can't stand sweets during this pregnancy for some reason. It just seems...masculine? Or maybe I have a tough girl in there? I alternate between wanting a girl and a boy. Wish I had fraternal twins in there! Then I'd have both!

LV! How are you??? I am with you on the fatigue. One thing I've discovered is that my overwhelming sleepiness is a direct result of my nausea. When I go sailing/snorkeling/spearfishing -- I feel this horrid feeling. This morning sickness feels JUST LIKE you're on a rocking boat...for hours and hours... The nausea, the headache... it's so awful that the body tries to escape in SLEEP! This is why I always go down below (which you're not supposed to do) and crash into a coma like slumber...to escape the awful nausea/migraine! And I've never experienced migraines before until glorious pregnancy! Ahhh, lovely! BRING IT ON, MIGRAINE! LOLOL

Somethingshiny! How are you doing, gorgeous??? Ohhh, what a lovely idea to frame the US pics! I use mine as a bookmark for the baby books and DH scolded me because it would get wrinkled. Well, it is wrinkled already because he kisses it before bed sometimes! I am going to be smart like you and frame the blob!

NOEL!!!! Yay for not caring about throwing up! I think I am there with you. Before I got to see the bean, the ms was SO much worse. Mentally, I couldn't take it along with the stress of not knowing. Now that I know the bean's in there going strong, I can handle it. It's so funny because before I was a mommy, if there was a tiger, I'd be like... "Nooooo! Tiger!!!! Ruuuuun!" Now, if there were a tiger, I'd be like, "SCREW YOU TIGER! BACK OFF! YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME, TIGER???!!! BRING IT, TIGER!!!" Hahahahaha! I just mean that being a mommy makes you stronger and braver for the sake of the baby. Now that there's a life inside me, I'm like...BRING IT ON, MS! I can take it! Throw up? YOU THINK YOU'RE TOUGH, NAUSEA???? WATCH ME EAT A TURKEY BURGER, NAUSEA! TAKE THAT!!! You ain't so bad! You ain't so bad! (Rocky style - LOL) It's for the baby so bring it on! You want a piece of me, Constant Urination? LOLOLOL! And yay for the OB! And YAY for maternity wear!

Lanie! Yay for feeling better! What an awesome way to tell your friends!!! I have lost weight as well - 3-4 pounds since my last OB visit! DH was horrified but then the OB said it was TOTALLY fine. He reassured us that everything flies out the window during the first trimester. If you feel like eating it, EAT IT while you can stomach it! And don't feel pressure to gain weight then... because the baby will get what it needs. He also told DH he has patients who lose 10-15 lbs the first trimester from all the throwing up! Then he also prescribed me a prenatal with B vitamins called Citrinatal - B Calm. It totally helped me with the nausea/headache combo and I love it. You take it 3 times a day - first the prenatal, then 2 doses of the B vitamins.

Kunzite!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

GORGEOUS ULTRASOUND PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your bean is SO cute! OMG OMG! I can see arm and leg buds!!!!!!! So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hi Puppmom! How are you doing, pretty mama???

Ahhhh well, ladies. Hope you are doing well! I just wanted to share a new morning sickness remedy. Cheerios! They're surprisingly palatable in the face of nausea. With bananas and milk, they go down easily. Also, I have found that snacking on raw organic almonds helps a lot, too. These are also palatable in the face of extreme nausea! Keep sniffing those lemons, ladies! Remember the rule - you have to do a Kegel for every sniff! Just kidding!
31.gif

Wow, can we talk about food for a sec? There are so many things we can't eat! I miss peanut butter! I've read a few studies that say eating a lot of peanut butter during pregnancy can increase the risk of the baby having peanut allergies later in life. Knowing someone with a peanut allergy and how dangerous & difficult it can be, I want to avoid it as much as possible. But oh, I love peanut butter!!! I was counting on it for extra protein!

Also... all seafood that isn't wild and from some really far off place. All the oil and toxic dispersants BP is spraying all over the Gulf really concerns me in terms of seafood safety. I bought some wild salmon from Alaska and it was $30 a lb at Whole Foods! But it was delicious. Still, no more seafood, really??? And everything organic? This is getting so expensive!

Then, I read that eating foods high in estrogen like soy can result in sexual dysfunction in male babies. Oh geez, really? Sometimes I feel that reading too much makes you think you can't eat ANYTHING. I love tofu and soy milk! Maybe it's better not to read anymore!

I miss coffee, though!
30.gif
And I miss feta cheese. DH is being a tyrant and wouldn't let me eat a hotdog (so unlike me) the other day!

I can't WAIT to be able to eat what I want!
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
My goal this week is to start exercising again. Wish me luck!

for the ladies who have had NT scans - do they do it transabdominally? and do you have to go in with a full bladder? thanks.

Lanie - I forgot to say yesterday that I L
30.gif
VE So You Think You Can Dance. by the way, I read that if you are throwing up during the 1st tri, not to worry because your baby will take what it needs from your "reserves".

LV - I was going to wait until after I get the results of my NT scan on the 16th before I tell anyone at work. but then I started wondering if that even makes sense because if I have a high risk, I can''t do the amnio until after the 16th week and everyone will surely know by then. so I''m still trying to keep 16 June as a target, but it could very well happen before.

Bliss - sometimes I wonder how your mind works! how did you come up with the fighting off a tiger scenario? I know NY is considered a concrete jungle, but it''s probably too cold for tigers. you''re so funny. and I think you need to step away from all the reading or you are going to end up eating nothing but rice crackers.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss - thanks for the encouragement, dear! :) And CONGRATS on your awesome ultrasound!!! I absolutely can''t wait till my next ultrasound (7w5d) when we see a nice big blob with a nice strong heartbeat!! I think that''s when I''ll finally feel better about this whole thing.

Noel - hehe, I loved the holding hands skipping in circles bit!! :) I''m so glad I have you ladies to share this with. Sorry you''ve been puking, but I totally understand how you''re welcoming the symptoms...I had low grade nausea all day starting day before yesterday, and also yesterday, and boy was I happy about it. LOL!

Bella, thank you so much for your sweet congratulations!! I''m really looking forward to you joining us in the preggo threads SOOOON!!

Puppmom, thank you as well for the kind well-wishes! :)

Geri - thank you too, friend!! I hope you''re doing well.
9.gif

Lili - thank you! I can''t wait to see that definitive little bean....that will absolutely make my day!

Mara - time does fly, doesn''t it?? I can''t believe how big J has gotten....seems like just yesterday you were 1st starting to post on the preggo thread!! :)

Laila - gorgeous ultrasound!! Soooo precious!!

IceKid - I am so very sorry about your sweet Mario. I hope you and your family are coping OK. Losing a beloved pet hurts just like you lost a member of the family. Big big big hugs, mama.

SplitShank - I can''t believe you''re almost 15 weeks!! WOW! Congrats! The 2nd tri will be over before you know it, and your little one will be here in your arms soo soon!!! :)

SomethingShiny - thank you!! I hope to actually post pics of the next one, when there''s something to see. :)

Lanie - I hope the new Zofran dose is doing the trick for you! :)

Kunzite - yaaaaay for your awesome ultrasound!! What a nice surprise!! Congrats on your healthy, happy bean!! :)

--------------------------------------------

Quick post cuz I gotta run to the airport...going to a conference at Hilton Head, SC, and my mom is coming with me!! We are gonna have so much fun! :)

I''m still trying to beat back the worry about things not going well again...
8.gif
. But the all-day nausea I have had for the past 2 days makes me feel a bit better. And the fact that I''ve gotten up to pee 3-4 times in the middle of the night for the last two nights. :) It''s kinda funny/sad actually....I''ve been so worried that I actually dreamt that I found an ultrasound machine at work and snuck into a room and did my own transvag ultrasound just so I could check and see if everything was OK!! The good news is that in my dream everything was perfect. LOL. OH, I had ANOTHER vivid dream the night before that one (aren''t crazy vivid dreams preggo symptoms too?)...it involved me and DH, and I don''t know where we were, but I do know what we were doing. *ahem*....Extremely detailed (and very GOOD) sexytime. LOL!!!!!! My crazy preggo brain!!

My next ultrasound is on Tuesday, June 15th (since I''ll be outta town all this week at the conference). I''ll be 7w5d by dates. That also happens to be my birthday....so I''m hoping against hope for an awesome birthday present.
1.gif

I''ll be checking in after I get back from conference...have a good week, friends!
9.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Noel - the NT scan is done transabdonimally and I didn''t need a full bladder for mine w/ my 1st.

Kunzite - congrats on great u/s!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Have any of you visited daycares yet? I''m in a big city, and everyone tells me to get on a list by 12 weeks or I''ll be stuck in a bad daycare. I was just wondering the process...I''ve found some places online and sifted through recommendations from friends, but do I just make appointments and visit them? Just drop in without an appointment? Just call and ask questions over the phone and then visit if I feel comfortable with the place?

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2010 9:16:37 AM
Author: Lanie
Have any of you visited daycares yet? I''m in a big city, and everyone tells me to get on a list by 12 weeks or I''ll be stuck in a bad daycare. I was just wondering the process...I''ve found some places online and sifted through recommendations from friends, but do I just make appointments and visit them? Just drop in without an appointment? Just call and ask questions over the phone and then visit if I feel comfortable with the place?
I''d say sooner rather than later! I didn''t start looking until by DS was like 3 months old...he started at 6 months. Well some of my choices were scratched off the list because their waiting lists were like 9 months long
23.gif
I called first, ask some questions then either scheduled a tour or dropped in w/out an appt (better I think) depending if I got a good vibe on the phone.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
This thread moves so fast!!!

Noel... LOVE the u/s pics!! I can''t get enough of them!!! Sorry the m/s continues, too... although I''m glad you''re somewhat comfortable with the uncomfortableness! And to you, BLISS, LV and HOU... I''m so happy for you all! To go through a loss is hard enough, and to be preggers together is such a blessing!!! Oh, Noel! My NT is on the 16th too!!

Laila... Beautiful u/s pic!!! Sooo cute!!!

Ice... So sorry to hear about your pup
7.gif
I had a good giggle about the ''getting high on lemons'' comment, though!

Lanie... So glad the Zofran is helping!!! And I agree, such a great way to tell your girlfriends!!!! I haven''t looked into daycares... I''m hoping we won''t have to. We work opposite shifts, so I''m hoping we can manage with grandparents and his sisters, at least in the beginning.

Kunzite... YAY on the surprise u/s!!!! How excited you must have been!!! Boy, I''m on u/s overload now and absolutely LOVING it!!!!!

Bliss... I miss coffee, too... sooooo much! I will have a decaf occasionally, though. I miss cold cuts, too!!!! Funny - I''ve been on a water ice kick lately. There''s a store called Rita''s near me... I believe it''s regional, though, but they have AMAZING water ice. AND they''re open til 10:30pm, so DH has made multiple runs there right before they close. Anyway, the ladies that work there know I''m preggo, so they ask DH "what flavor does baby want today?" lol

Hou... I''m with ya on the vivid dreams! They''re soo crazy! Although I haven''t had one related to sexytime!!! haha... I''ve used the doppler a couple times at work, but can''t ever find the HB. If I had access to a u/s, you can bet I''d be on that! lol

12w1d here! I can''t believe it! Still riding the sleepy train, too. My mom and I visited my g-mom yesterday (she lives in a nursing home). It was so HOT and stuffy in there, it took all I had to not fall asleep!

Father''s Day''s coming up... anyone have anything planned for their DH''s?? Yes, I''m looking for ideas
3.gif

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Prego confession of the day (weekend version): My sister and I got into it (playfully) about whether or not I could eat the grilled hot dog. I ate it anyways.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re dreams while preggo ala HOU... you made me laugh because yes preggo dreams are WAY more vivid in general (i had lots of crazy dreams while preggo!)... but the one thing i kept dreaming about over and over was sexytime SANS GIANT PREGGO BELLY. after a while i was like i don''t even want to bother anymore til post preg, because it was sooo never like the dream!!
41.gif

and yep Bliss he was just a blobbie... HOU it is crazy to think J is 4 months now...i know the preggo time can seem sooo slow, but the baby time is like on warp-speed.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I have decided
1. that I will work from home tomorrow because the past 2 days I have sat behind my desk thinking that I am about to vomit on my keyboard any second
2. that tomorrow evening I will send my manager and team lead an e-mail that I am pregnant (both are in another country, therefore the e-mail)
and then we can tell the rest of the world!

HOU - I know exactly what you''re going through. even though I''ve reached 12 weeks, I still worry a lot. I just feel like that as soon as we''ve told everyone, maybe something bad will happen. but I have to say the fetal doppler helps a lot. I had a sad dream that a doctor (who was like a chiropractor or something) told me that my baby was going to die of a cold.
15.gif
must be the hormones.

Lanie - I''ve already signed up for daycare. I think it''s a 12 month waiting list for some near me, so I just signed up for all of them. if they accept me (which I will probably only find out 4 months before I need them), then I''ll go visit them then and choose if I have a choice of more than one.

Lynnie - my NT scan is actually on the 15th (HOU''s b-day). however, they will e-mail me the results on the 16th, unless it''s high risk. then I think someone will call me. what is water ice? I''m not going to do anything for father''s day. I need to pay DH more attention as just a man. I think he needs it because things have become very baby-focused, and probably need to go back to also being couple-focused.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
well, I told my manager and team leads per e-mail, and though it is almost midnight in Asia, I am lucky that my manager is addicted to his BlackBerry and already e-mailed me back that he is happy for me and I should take care of myself. I made sure to sneak in that I have bad morning sickness so that I don''t have to explain myself if I have to run out of meetings or go home early.

so tomorrow I go to work and tell the rest of the world. wish me luck! I''m not very good at talking about myself to my coworkers. maybe I will tell some key people with big mouths and word will go around like that...

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Noel... Good luck on telling the world!!! I made a FB anouncement last week. Just get ready for a bombardment of "When are you due?" "How are you feeling?" "How far along are you?".

Water ice is kinda like a snow cone, but the ice is super super crushed, so it''s almost creamy in consistancy. They add flavors to it, too. Some of the fruit flavors have actual fruit pieces in it. Yum!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2010 2:09:33 PM
Author: Lynnie
Noel... Good luck on telling the world!!! I made a FB anouncement last week. Just get ready for a bombardment of ''When are you due?'' ''How are you feeling?'' ''How far along are you?''.

Water ice is kinda like a snow cone, but the ice is super super crushed, so it''s almost creamy in consistancy. They add flavors to it, too. Some of the fruit flavors have actual fruit pieces in it. Yum!
Once people can tell you''re pregnant, add to this list "What are you having?" and "What are you naming him/her?"

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you puppmom, bella, cdt, for the well wishes. We're still glowing and the u/s was nearly a week ago! There's just something satisfying about seeing the baby to confirm it's actually there.
19.gif

noel - Happy nearly 13 weeks to you girl! That's so exciting that your NT is so close. At first I was undecided if we were going to do it, but if insurance will cover it (haven't called yet...) then I think we will just to be able to see the little one again. That's all I really want
1.gif
I just bought a pair of maternity pants online and a couple of shirts. I really can't wait for them to get here. My jeans still fit but they're a little uncomfortable in the belly. I really want to start at least walking again when I get closer to 12 weeks and can stay awake past 7 o'clock. I'm overweight to begin with so I need to really keep my weight gain in check. Congrats on telling work too! I told my boss two days ago because I've been getting pretty sickly in the afternoons and leaving about an hour early most days. I wanted to tell her so that she didn't think I was suddenly turning into a huge slacker!!

LV - So exciting that we're so close!! Yeah, the long days were torture. We work 9 hour days and even those have been rough. I knew the week of torture was coming for awhile and I was dreading it. I thought there would be NO WAY I could do it, but I think when you're really busy like that you don't have time to get tired or to think about how long you've been working. Actually, the entire time I was thinking about poor HOU and her schedule and that if she can do it all the time, not just a week or so, then I could too!

Bliss - Cheerios have been my staple for weeks now. I have a baggie on my desk and constantly munch on some. It is nice and bland and keeps my stomach from being empty. I've also been big into lemon foods. I'll eat a Lemon Head if I'm starting to feel really bad because it will normally knock out the urge to puke pretty quickly. It's more for instant relief though, as soon as the candy is gone I start to feel sick again just not as bad as before. DH also found me these great organic lemon ginger cookies. I'll eat a few of those during the day, but not many because they have about a million calories each. SOOOO good though. One thing I loved about my OB office was how laid back they are. The first thing the nurse said was, "I don't care if you have a coffee everyday, it's all about moderation." I've been sticking to the March of Dimes 200mg recommendation because I honestly don't think I'd make it otherwise. I'm pretty conservative though and try to never go over 100mg. DH wouldn't dare tell me what I couldn't eat, he would be too scared! For the first few weeks I was in love with corn dogs. We went to Ikea this weekend and it was really hard not to get a hot dog, but I did it! One battle won.

HOU - So excited for your next u/s girl, and on your birthday! Happy early birthday if I don't get back here before then!! I here you about having to pee constantly! I just got a call back yesterday from the OB's office and I have a UTI. Maybe things will calm down after I get on medicine! I hope you're having a great time in SC!!

Lanie - There are only two daycares that are close to my house that I would consider, so we'll probably check them out here in a few weeks. I have no idea if they have waiting lists or not, but I'd rather not chance it. We have such a limited selection as it is that I don't want to mess this up!!

Lynnie - Congrats on the magic 12 week mark!! So sad to hear that you're still tired. I was hoping that a switch would flip at 12 weeks and I would magically be my old self again! I'll just pretend I didn't hear you say that....
28.gif
We probably won't do anything for Father's Day. I did make DH a card yesterday so I'm prepared at least! I'm actually going to tell my dad on Father's Day about little peanut, so I think that's going to be really special.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 2:09:33 PM
Author: Lynnie
Noel... Good luck on telling the world!!! I made a FB anouncement last week. Just get ready for a bombardment of ''When are you due?'' ''How are you feeling?'' ''How far along are you?''.
Lynnie - too funny! We''re totally going to take the easy way out and use FB to let word get around. It''s just so much easier! And since I''m not actually on FB, DH is, he''ll get to field all of the questions.
3.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite - How did it go with telling your boss? Did you talk about how your work responsibilities will be handled while you''re away, or did you just sort of announce?

I''m doing some caffeine as well. No more than one cup of coffee per day, but often, I will just have half a cup as I don''t have a strong desire for it right now. I definitely feel exhaustion in the afternoons and am looking forward to perhaps some more clarity of mind after the next few weeks.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 4:12:16 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Kunzite - How did it go with telling your boss? Did you talk about how your work responsibilities will be handled while you''re away, or did you just sort of announce?

I''m doing some caffeine as well. No more than one cup of coffee per day, but often, I will just have half a cup as I don''t have a strong desire for it right now. I definitely feel exhaustion in the afternoons and am looking forward to perhaps some more clarity of mind after the next few weeks.
It went fine. Probably took all of two minutes. In our office only Directors and above have "hard" walls so I waited until the rest of our team went to lunch and asked her if I could talk to her in a conference room. I''m sure she was just relieved that it was good news that I wanted to talk about (your mind can wander during that walk to a conference room)! She only asked when I was due. That might sound like a simple question but what she was really asking was, "Are you going to be gone during a slow time or busy time?" Our company is very seasonal so timing is everything. During the winter my staff accountant knows enough to get through the month end close without me (at least I hope!!).

Oh yeah, and it was funny because she said that she had noticed I looked sick a few afternoons so I''m glad that she knows why now!
1.gif
I''m glad I came out already because I needed to take today as a mental health day!! I had planned to work from home today but the thought of opening my email changed my mind so I opened PS instead
31.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
split_shank -- I''ve eaten 2 hot dogs so far, and a ham sandwich at Jason''s Deli (gasp!) much to the chagrin of DH, but I''m alive and the baby is fine. I am not going to do it a lot, but from what my OB told me, hot dogs are okay if they are cooked and you can see the steam coming off of them!

HOU -- I met with Dr. Bobo (she says hi!...not really, but let''s just pretend) and then went to the NT scan place she recommended...read below for details! How are you doing? Almost your bday!

Lynnie -- congrats on announcing to the world! I don''t know if I''m going to do anything on Facebook, but I''ve already had one person say "congrats" and then people have asked what the congrats is for, so I''m kind of in the same boat. I figure if something bad happens now (knock on wood) then it''s a bigger deal that would get out anyway.

noelwr -- glad telling your boss went smoothly! Hope the rest of your workplace pans out just the same. You''re probably going to get a lot of comments like "I knew it! You look such and such.....". I''m sure they will be so thrilled for you!

LV and Laila -- hey girls!
35.gif

So I had my first OB appointment Monday afternoon which was really good. I had my previous appts with my RE, so it was good to transfer over permanently. HB was 171! That seems high to me, but she said it''s perfect. She moved my due date BACK based on my LMP and on measurements, so I''m back at 12-22. Baby was doing jumps and waving on the u/s. So cute!
30.gif

Then today I had my NT scan. I went to a genetic screening clinic (or something like that) for it. They were all very nice and asked super detailed questions about our heritage, health problems, etc. Then they did the NT scan. It was about 10 minutes, and my bladder was super dee duper full like they requested. It was a little uncomfy bc she was pressing the wand on my stomach, and then hitting my stomach with it to try to get the baby to move to the desired position. Baby finally cooperated, and neck measurements looked great. There was a nasal bone, which they said that if one doesn''t show up, it''s a 70% chance of Down''s Syndrome. I could see his little legs and arms saluting DH and me! HB was 171 again. He was jumping everywhere. They did a blood test, and we get official results in a week, but they said based on measurements from the scan, everything looks great!

And the coolest part...we signed up for the Jack and Jill test, which was free with the NT scan (which by the way was only 45 dollars!) So we have a 99% chance of finding out the sex in a week! I couldn''t believe it! I''m hesitant to post what the sex is on here bc we might not reveal it to anyone, and I''m scared I have a spy out there.
27.gif
We''re planning on telling everyone that it''s a surprise, mainly bc we don''t want oodles of clothes at showers. Is that dumb? I''ve been to so many showers, I''m almost a professional. As a guest, I always stick to the registry, but I know a lot of my friends are super girly girls and they''ll go nuts on stuff I don''t want/need! I''m iffy about keeping something like that a secret, but DH is pretty set. Either way, we won''t be telling anyone ANYTHING until the anatomy scan, and we''re just going to keep mum until then. Phew! Sorry for the novel, I''m just really excited!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2010 4:24:35 PM
Author: Kunzite

Date: 6/9/2010 4:12:16 PM
Author: Loves Vintage

It went fine. Probably took all of two minutes. In our office only Directors and above have ''hard'' walls so I waited until the rest of our team went to lunch and asked her if I could talk to her in a conference room. I''m sure she was just relieved that it was good news that I wanted to talk about (your mind can wander during that walk to a conference room)! She only asked when I was due. That might sound like a simple question but what she was really asking was, ''Are you going to be gone during a slow time or busy time?'' Our company is very seasonal so timing is everything. During the winter my staff accountant knows enough to get through the month end close without me (at least I hope!!).

Oh yeah, and it was funny because she said that she had noticed I looked sick a few afternoons so I''m glad that she knows why now!
1.gif
I''m glad I came out already because I needed to take today as a mental health day!! I had planned to work from home today but the thought of opening my email changed my mind so I opened PS instead
31.gif
Oh wow, that''s great your talk was so easy and brief! And, how wonderful that you took a day off today. So nice to just be home and able to relax. I was hoping to wait until 11 weeks myself, but I am fighting myself every day not to tell work already!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie - Congrats on the NTS U/S! Must have been so wonderful to see your LO and you must be so relieved with the results!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results