carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 8:17:51 PM
Author: icekid

Anyone else waaaaaaaaaaay annoyed about pricescope 2.0??? I have been waiting to share about my nuchal trans scan, but don''t want to write it out only to have it disappear.
Yes! Not that I have anything worth sharing, unlike you (just lots of green like Bliss!)!! It takes a lot of time to get out all of the hellos and the what''s up so I''ve been waiting and waiting and waiting.....
19.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 8:22:58 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
ice, I want to hear/see all about your NT. Just post it and save a copy of your post on your computer:) ppppllllleeeaaaassseeeee.....??????:)

ok, Bella
1.gif
For you, I'll do it.. tomorrow, though. PS 2.0 or not! I'm on hubby's laptop and pertinent photos (!!) are on our desktop comp.

Kunzite- It's like eerily quiet around here! To the point where I have not been visiting anymore. I'm sure I will continue to keep up with the preggos no matter what, but this hiatus is removing PS from my "daily habit" list!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still happily posting away.

Bliss - I totally hate nosey colleagues. I had that problem when I wasn''t pregnant yet the 2nd time and people were asking a friend of mine at work if I was (she doesn''t know about the m/c either), and it was really hurtful.

I want to see icekid''s u/s photos, too!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss - I can't believe your co-worker was so direct. Gosh, some people have no boundaries. How did he respond when you told him it wasn't his business?? I need lessons in being direct!!!! Help!

Lanie - Have you talked to your doctor about your m/s? Maybe they can prescribe something?!? It sounds really really bad, and I hate to see you suffering like this. Uggh.

Icekid - Waiting for your report and pictures!

Kunzite - How are you doing??????????

HMG - WOW to your work schedule and your work-outs! Yikes, if I worked as much as you, I would be sleeping on my off time. Can't believe you are working out, but GOOD for you! How many hours do you work per week?

Lynnie - Yay for 11 weeks! Where are you located? Canada?

Noel - Hope you're feeling better!

Laila -
35.gif
How are you doing?

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, girls!!!
35.gif

Wellinism... I''m so sorry to hear the news (I haven''t been following the TTC thread much). Big, giant hugs to you.

HOU... Yay for being done ''on call''
36.gif
36.gif
And good for you for striving to be a fit momma! Although I''m sorry your butt''s on fire! Oh, I sometimes WISH for Advil or Aleve!

Lanie... Oh, my. I''m sorry you''re so sick
14.gif
I had a giggle at the ''only child'' comment, though!

Bliss... That''s so annoying about your nosy colleagues! I had to spill the beans at work early on, so I never had to deal with that... but I sure would be annoyed!

Icekid... Looking forward to your NT scan!!! And yes, I too am way annoyed about PS V2. I wonder if our post-counts will carry over correctly, too!

Kunzite! Good to see you! Sorry you''re part of the green crew, too!

LV... I''m in Philadelphia. What made you think Canada?? It made me giggle!

As for me, I just got back from hearing the HB!!!!! It was so awesome!! My OB said they normally don''t listen for it til 12 weeks, but that I ''should be skinny enough''
33.gif
33.gif
Kind of a strange comment, but oh, well. Anyway, it measured 176. I recorded it on my phone, and I am reveling in playing it over and over! haha
All my bloodwork came back fine, too. EXCEPT, apparantly I don''t have immunity to chicken pox??? Weird, because I got them in the 4th grade. Weird, also, because I had to have all that bloodwork done before entering nursing school, and then again before I got hired at my hospital. And this is the first I''m hearing of it!
Oh, there''s only one in there!!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Lynnie -
36.gif
love the great news! they told me the same thing at the hospital where I had the u/s that they don''t listen for the hb until after 12 weeks because it could be damaging to the baby. what a crock of ... ! that''s why I''m so happy with my fetal doppler. but anyway, at least you got to hear it, plus you ARE almost 12 weeks along. I think your OB might think you can''t always detect it before 12 weeks, especially if you''ve got too much padding for the sound waves to go through. does it sound like a galloping horse? I also thought you might be Canadian because you wished all the American ladies a nice holiday. guess just because you had to work last weekend.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynnie - Glad you had such a great appointment!! Yay for a great HB!!! Did you have an u/s too? Was this your first appointment? I can't keep track of everyone. So cute that you have the hb recorded.

Ahh, funny about the Canada comment. I thought you were in the US, but mis-read your holiday comment from a few days ago. You wished the "American girls" a great holiday, so I thought you were not in the US yourself. Ahh, but you just meant you had to work over the weekend and couldn't celebrate! I'm an east coast (CT) girl too!
35.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, the Canadian thing makes sense now. Yeah, I had work all weekend... and I have this bad habit of posting when I get home, and I'm dead tired. I just worked 3 12hr overnights in a row, then went to my appt, and I'm still up posting! lol.... I'm running on fumes, and hearing the HB this morning made me feel up and excited!

LV, no u/s yet. That's scheduled for June 16th. I can't wait!

Noel... Yes! It's just like a gallopping horse! Sooo cool!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lynnie- Yay for doppler heart beat! We have not done that yet b/c last appt was 10 weeks, but next week it should work. Super cool! It''s true, there is someone in there!

LV- How are you feeling these days??

Lanie- I must admit that I often had the "only child" feeling during the worst of my constant sickness. In my head, this IS going to be my only pregnancy anyway and later we will adopt, but who knows how it will all end up!

----------------------------------------

I am convinced that this post is going to disappear as soon as I write it, but by popular request......
3.gif

So NT scan was overall a good experience. The kid has certainly grown from its blob-like 7 weeks state to looking like a tiny person. Totally surreal. She put the probe on my belly and that real-looking baby was there immediately. I still cannot get over the fact that there is someone in my belly!! Unfortunately, the ultrasound tech was a complete wet blanket
14.gif
She completely refused to guess the gender. Even worse, she only gave us two photos and I did not realize she was leaving and ask for more. One of them is great but the other is a blurry profile shot and she could have chosen a much better one. Oh well, it was still pretty amazing.

OH, and our favorite part. Our baby loves to JUMP! Literally, for about 5 min straight it would bend its little legs and launch. Crazy baby! And then it slept. Apparently at this stage their wake/sleep cycle is in 10 minute increments. So we have dubbed the kid Jumper!

Here is the good photo- lovely brain, belly below, and waving its precious hand HELLO to all of mommy''s favorite pricescopers!

12w5d-2crop1.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
And here is the somewhat blah profile shot- you can see the little hand again, but the arm obscures the face. Rather disappointing.

12w5d-3crop1.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Oops....... I didn''t mean for that to be so huge! Somehow I posted the un-resized photo.

OH, but have I mentioned.... in addition to my ongoing morning sickness, my skin has been breaking out like I''ve never seen before. My back and chest are so yucky
14.gif
Fortunately, my face has been mostly spared. Oh pregnancy... so lovely.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
PS 2.0.....*sigh*......definitely annoyed. Screw it, I''m posting.
9.gif

Ice!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for sharing!!! I looooove that little hand....sooo precious!! I absolutely can''t wait till my little bean gets that big!!
9.gif
Oh, and my skin has been awful too. The area on my lower forehead, just above my eyebrows, and my cheeks...UGH. Soooo many bumps.

Noel - thanks for the doppler tips!! I definitely think we''ll be buying one, probably not for a couple more weeks since I wouldn''t be able to hear anything yet anyway, but I think it will provide a lot of peace of mind in between ultrasounds. Plus it''s just fun.
9.gif
I''ll probably listen to the heartbeat daily!

Lanie - I''m sorry you''re feeling so sick. Boooooo!

Bliss - I''m absolutely certain that you make barfalicious look GOOOOOD.
9.gif
31.gif
9.gif

Kunzite - so you''re green around the gills too?? Hope everything else is going perfectly for you!

LV - see, the thing is, I ordered the new DVD, so I was all excited when it showed up!! It''s not like I''m really working out a lot, or even on a really regular basis...I''ve probably done some sort of exercise once or twice a week this past month. But my goal is 3x a week!! Still working on it!!
9.gif
My weekly hours depend on what rotation I''m on....typically varies anywhere from 50 up to 80 hrs a week. I usually get one day off a week, with a "golden weekend" (meaning BOTH Saturday and Sunday off!) once every several months. Such is the life of a resident. BUT good news is, I''m finishing up second year, which means I just have one year left!! Woohoooo!!!

Lynnie - congrats on getting to hear the HB!!! That''s awesome!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

----------------------------------------

Ran over to the doc''s today (26 dpo, or 5 weeks 4 days preggo) to get my 3rd set of betas...here''s the breakdown:

11 dpo - HCG 25
18 dpo - HCG 753
26 dpo - HCG 8227

Doubling time between 1st two was 34.2 hrs, and doubling time between the second and third was 55.7 hrs. Overall doubling time from 1st beta to 3rd beta is 43.1 hrs. So from a numbers perspective, all is well!
36.gif

After my beta today, my doctor wants to schedule an ultrasound ASAP - I asked the nurse if it was because she thought there was a problem, and she said no, your numbers look good, it''s just something she (the doctor) does for women who have had losses in the past. So 1st ultrasound will either be tomorrow if they have cancellations, or for sure on Thursday afternoon! I''m nervous!!!
5.gif
Thursday will be 6 weeks exactly, so I''m not sure exactly what to expect. I guess I can expect to see a yolk sac, and probably a fetal pole, but I''m not sure if I can expect to see the HB yet, which is what makes me nervous....I would love to see a little HB, that would make me SOOOO happy!!!

Oh, and my boobs hurt SOOOO BAD now....really noticed it starting this morning. Showering was painful! And I think I''m nauseous tonight. Oh, and soooo freaking tired. It''s not quite 7pm and I think I''m about to get in bed and read a book....we''ll see how long the reading lasts before sleep takes over.
9.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
ICE-Jumper is adorable:)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Hou-I can''t wait to hear about your ultrasound, I know it will be perfect! Fingers crossed you can already hear the heart beat!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 6:36:37 PM
Oops....... I didn''t mean for that to be so huge! Somehow I posted the un-resized photo.

OH, but have I mentioned.... in addition to my ongoing morning sickness, my skin has been breaking out like I''ve never seen before. My back and chest are so yucky
14.gif
Fortunately, my face has been mostly spared. Oh pregnancy... so lovely.

IK that''s how my pregnancy acne manifested as well. All over my back (and scalp!) and none on my face.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Bella!!!
9.gif
I am thinking about you and hoping you get your BFP despite the 10dpo BFN....10 dpo is still on the early side, and I still have a good feeling about you this month!!! FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hou-thanks! your well wishes just made me tear up, ridiculous I know
3.gif
Some kind of hormones are defnitely kicking into high gear...if they aren''t bebe hormones then my DH is in for a really wild ride with AF this month as she''s staking her territory way early
2.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww.
9.gif
*hugs* Bella!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
splitshank, you're looking great!!

Loves Vintage, wonderful news about your latest ultrasound!
HOU, your beta numbers sound great!! Nice and high.
36.gif
I saw the HB at 6w1d, so you might be able to as well. If not though, don't worry!

Icekid
, yay for a good NT scan! Sorry you don't like the pictures, but your little one is SO cute! :)

Lanie, I'm so sorry you're still feeling so sick.
14.gif

Noel, what a relief to be able to check on the baby anytime you want with your doppler!

As for me, I had my NT scan today!!! The baby's neck measurement was 1.4, so that's completely normal. He/she was wiggling around like crazy, and then he started sucking his thumb!! How cute!
30.gif
HB of 159 and measuring a few days ahead. What a relief! I'm 12w2d now, but measuring 12w5. Almost to the 2nd Tri!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well and that your little ones are growing!

Here's my 12 week pic:

PS12weekpic.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Yay, so glad to see my post is still here
3.gif
3.gif

HMG- YAY for fabulous HCG numbers. Any chance you could wait for the u/s until 6+ a few days? I think then you''d really have a good chance of seeing the heart beat and feeling MUCH better, instead of being too early and still having all of that uncertainty.

Bella- Hehe, we think Jumper is pretty cute too. My hubby texted me that he was looking at the ultrasound photos at work during his boring meetings. Too cute! And I agree with HMG, 10 dpo is so early! It is definitely not over yet!

HH- Has your preggo acne gotten any better with time? It is driving me insane! Damn hormones.

Laila- Glad you had a good NT scan, too! Did you get good pics?? And you''re not planning to find out the sex anyway, if I recall? Your belly is so cute and OBVIOUSLY preggo. I feel like I just look nice and chunky now
14.gif
What are you counting as 2nd tri? Some places seem to say 13, some 14, some in between. I guess it does not really matter in the end, of course.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Icekid--what cute photos! Sorry you didn''t get a "better" one, but they look great to me! Are you graduating from us now?!?

Laila!!! One of my dearest friends is pregnant after trying for more than a year and she has the same due date as you! She still doesn''t know I''m preggo yet so she''s going to flip out! Glad your NT scan went well! Congrats! When is your next visit/ultrasound?

HOU--I would wait til Fri if you can as well IF you think not hearing the hb would make you anxious. If you go into it knowing that, you should feel okay and hopefully relief. Hope you get to hear it! And way to go on working out! You are amazing!!!!

Noel--good move on the Doppler! I think I''d become addicted if I got one!

Hello other preggos (LV and Lynnie)! 11 weeks tomorrow for me. For whoever asked, I AM on medication which is given to cancer patients, which makes me want to cry just typing that out. Still miserable and barely eating. I want to hit fast forward. I think I''m going to call my doc tomorrow to see if there''s something else I can take. I just feel like a wimp bc most people I know aren''t even on any medication. I only get up off the couch to pee or grab crackers or a drink. I feel so pathetic! Thank god school is out so I can just lay around in the fetal position. Ok I sound whiny. Sorry. I''m really happy about this bebe...I really am.
17.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
icekid & Laila - yay for good NT scan results!

HOU - thinking of you and your 1st u/s. ((hugs))

like Lanie, I am 11w today. I threw up again this morning.
20.gif
the midwife recommended something homeopathic for the m/s, but I''m afraid to take anything (and knowing my luck it will just make me feel worse), so I just grin and bare it. plus as crappy as it is, I prefer to know the m/s is still there.

bbs still sore, still mostly at night while sleeping. almost for 8 weeks now! I didn''t know it would last that long.

I''ve also got a back acne problem, but luckily not so much on my face. next week I have an appointment for a back facial. can''t wait.

I also tried to make an appointment for a massage, but the lady I want to go to doesn''t do it til after 16 weeks, just to be on the safe side. boo. my back is really sore. at least I have something to look forward to in July.

2 weeks to go before the end of 1st trimester. SO close. I really really really hope we make it. can''t wait to make it public knowledge.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Icekid!!!! Your NT looks amazing!!! Little Jumper must be happy as a clam in there!! And a big fat BOO to the stinky u/s tech. At my appt yesterday, I stood at the window with my chart (you take your chart from the exam room to the window). And I asked the lady for a minute to look over my labs, and she wouldn''t let me!!! I was soooo mad, and I copped such an attitude with her. She was like, "You can only look over your chart with the doctor". Ugh... I mean, if my patients at the hospital want to see their labs, I print them out a copy. I understand HIPPA laws and all, but man... that lady really annoyed me. At my next visit, I''m going to ask the Dr. for a copy of all my labs. I don''t get it... it seems a lot of folks in the baby medical industry seem just miserable!

HOU! Congrats on wonderful numbers!!!! I forgot to ask my HCG numbers... And tons of dust for your first u/s!!!! I''m sure your little bun''s cookin just fine
9.gif
And on the bb issue... mine seem to be worst when I first wake up. This week doesn''t seem as bad as it''s been, though. Oh, and I normally fly through books in a few days, but I can''t keep my eyes open either!! The book I''m reading now has lasted me almost 2 weeks. lol

Bella... hope to see you here soon, girl!!!! Fingers definitely crossed for you!!

Laila!!! I can''t believe how pregnant your belly is!!!! It''s wonderful!!! And yay for a good NT!!!! Holy cow! You and Ice are almost done the first tri!!

Lanie... I hope you feel better soon... I''d take some of your sickness if I could. (((Hugs)))

Noel... I''m tempted to get a doppler!! I think I''d become an addict... I''d ask EVERYONE if they wanted to hear the HB, and they may think I''m a bit nuts
3.gif
I mean, the mailman probably wouldn''t care... but I''d ask him. lol

So I''ve had no m/s to date. Just exaustion and sore bbs. Does this mean I have to have a Dugger-like clan??? I hope not. lol

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
if the mailman knows what''s good for him he''ll listen and love it, dammit!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you...I''m not gonna mention any names...are way more than barely preggo and better get your butts over into the Preggo thread. Don''t be skurred! We''re nice too.
9.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icekid - Wow!! Your NTS images are amazing!! Look at those hands! I love that your calling your LO, Jumper! It sounds like it was such a wonderful experience for you.
1.gif
How many weeks were you at the time? I hadn't realized before that the NTS is not performed during an office visit. I looked it up after you mentioned a technician. Thank you for your report and photos. So happy for you!

HMG - That's great that you'll be getting an u/s soon! I hope you get to see the hb this early! Oh, and just reading about your schedule makes me tired!!!!

Laila - Congrats on your great NTS!! Sounds like you had a wonderful experience too, getting to see your LO moving around.
1.gif
You must be such a proud momma! And, yay for measuring ahead! You look great too!!!

Lanie - I didn't know you were on medication already.
7.gif
I'm so sad for you. Thank goodness school is out already (that's early isn't it?) I hope your DR has some great ideas about how to get you feeling better soon.

Lynnie - Aren't your lab results your records? You could just request a copy of them, in writing, no? I mean if you really wanted to see them, you could do that, so what difference would it make if you looked at them in the office. Perhaps the doctor needs to review records before they get sent out? Last week, the receptionist at my RE's office gave me a bunch of records to take to my ob/gyn, and they clearly hadn't been reviewed first before being handed to me.

Today was my 3rd u/s. I feel very lucky to have had so many already. Baby is measuring 8 weeks and 2 days. I saw little arm buds today!
30.gif
HB was much more apparent than last time. The doctor performed the u/s, so he was able to measure the HB, which was 166 today. He said everything looks perfect. He asked me if it'd be ok to take a bunch of photos for some records he needs to keep. I said "Of Course!!", so the u/s was a good 15 minutes-ish! I was so happy. For the first time, I really felt like I was seeing my baby. The changes and size difference from the first u/s were really remarkable.

I have had no m/s to date, just incredible hunger and a lot of eating, and yet no real weight gain. My weight fluctuates up and down 3 pounds. My newest treat, since my DH has been suggesting protein shakes, is a berry shake, which I make with a cup of yogurt, maybe 3/4 cup milk and some frozen organic berries. Yum, yum, yum!! I do not eat meat or fish, so we've been discussing protein a bit lately. This is my solution.

Friday is my first visit at the ob/gyn, just with the patient coordinator, no doctor. I look forward to it very much.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, DH is vegetarian so I don't cook a whole lot of meat - none really except Turkey Burgers for DD and me here and there. Anywho, I was worried about my protein this pregnancy but didn't want to just add red meat to my diet for fear of belly aches. I've been eating a lot of black beans. I love them. I have a black bean burrito once or twice per week and I put them in my salad. They're so yummy and good for you. I'll probably never want a black bean again once this kiddo is born but such is life.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2010 11:42:36 AM
Author: puppmom
LV, DH is vegetarian so I don''t cook a whole lot of meat - none really except Turkey Burgers for DD and me here and there. Anywho, I was worried about my protein this pregnancy but didn''t want to just add red meat to my diet for fear of belly aches. I''ve been eating a lot of black beans. I love them. I have a black bean burrito once or twice per week and I put them in my salad. They''re so yummy and good for you. I''ll probably never want a black bean again once this kiddo is born but such is life.

Mmmmm, black beans! Do you make them yourself from dry beans? I''ve tried to do that many times, but just never have success. There''s a little taco place, close to where I used to work, that makes the best black beans. They are not open on weekends, so I never get to go there, but ahh, they were heaven. I''ll have to keep trying.

I also eat a lot of beans, in general, and add them to salads often. I''ve recently been making my own refried beans. I use this recipe, but with pinto beans. Oh, so much better than what they sell in the store, and great for nachos. Yum.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lanie- UGH on the morning sickness. Seriously, do not feel bad about taking zofran even though it was developed as a chemo drug. It''s a fabulous anti-emetic and I give it to every single one of my patients in the operating room. There are other drug options, but really zofran is the safest. Phenergan is another option, but it''s category C and I would avoid if possible. Have you tried B6 vitamin? I am so glad that you do not have to be at work, at least. And you do not sound whiny at all, morning sickness can truly be all-encompassing. Awful! At least there is light at the end of the tunnel; you WILL get better!

noelwr- Oooooh the back facial sounds like a great idea! And for the record, at 13.5 weeks my bbs are still sore too, but not as badly as the beginning.

Lynnie- Jumper does seem happy! I can''t wait to feel all of the crazy jumping
3.gif
So annoying about the labs! I mean, they are YOURS... whose HIPPA privacy would you be violating?! Hahaha, I think you must have at least five children since you do pregnancy so well. Funny story, my aunt (who has two children) was told that it was a shame that she did not want more kids because she had the easiest, short labors in history aka, the kid just popped out. Hope I take after her!

puppmom..... You cannot possibly be referring to me
12.gif
12.gif
Seriously though, I keep planning to start posting more on the big girl thread when 2.0 rolls around, but at this rate it does not seem that will happen soon.

LV- Our NT scan was 12 + 5, almost a week ago already! It is so amazing how quickly they change and grow. I''d love to have another ultrasound soon, you know for comparison and all
3.gif
I''m so glad that your little baby is continuing to grow beautifully! If you get another next week (?!) hehe, I think you might be able to see the baby moving its precious little arms
30.gif
The shake is a great protein idea. I''m not a veggie, but still have serious meat aversions and have been doing many similar things to try to get in enough protein to grow a baby!

Oh noooo am I being kicked out of the barely preggos??
3.gif
3.gif
Well, I plan to continue to post here AND on the "big girl" thread and no one can stop me
11.gif

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 1:24:06 PM

Oh noooo am I being kicked out of the barely preggos??
3.gif
3.gif
Well, I plan to continue to post here AND on the ''big girl'' thread and no one can stop me
11.gif

If you think you''re getting kicked out, then I''m for sure out the door!
9.gif

14/4 and counting.....

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, That recipe sounds delish! I don''t make the dry beans. I just use the canned black beans. I wouldn''t have a clue what to do with dry beans!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results