shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Wow, like magic! Great to see you in here CD and congrats huskylover and geri!!

CD, when is your EDD? We must be really close - mine is feb 20 based on O date.

Huskylover, hope you find a good OB. Does your old GP have any recs?

Geri, after all you have been through, what especially great news about the heartbeat! Hope things continue to go well. I have some symptoms, but it''s still really hard to believe I''m pregnant without actually seeing something in there, and not being any bigger yet.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
CatLover, based on O date and FF my EDD is Feb 20th too! My first OB appointment is not for another 2 weeks. Time is dragging. I wanna know what''s going on in there!
3.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
geri - congratulations! I am so happy for you. and a heartbeat!
36.gif
keep telling your belly that s/he should stick around for the 9 months.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GERI!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Such wonderful news!! I am so so happy for you! And, so glad you were able to see the heartbeat already! You must be so relieved to have seen the heartbeat!!

I am really so pleased. Happy and healthy pregnancy to you!! I hope you stick around and post with your updates!

Oh, and no worries about no M/S. Some women just don''t have it. At all. It is a blessing!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
huskylover - Wow! Congratulations!! You must be so excited! Hope you stick around and post in these threads too. There is a ton of information, and everyone is so supportive. I do not look at any other pregnancy sites, and I''m glad. PS is all I need!

Regarding finding a doctor, not sure what type of area you are in, i.e. metropolitan, where there would be lots of practices available vs. rural, where there may be less choices. When I was TTC''g I followed the advice of a friend, and went to her doctor. I wasn''t happy there and changed to another friend''s practice. They also work at the hospital where I want to deliver. Everyone I speak with, though, seems to love her ob/gyn, so I don''t think I gain much by taking their recommendations. You can also try googling ob/gyn practices in your area. Some have websites. You may be able to get a feel for their practice that way.

huskylover

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice on picking an OB - I think I''ve made my choice - now I have to call and make sure he is still taking new patients and all of that.

I am in a major metropolitan area and I think that made it harder - when I started the search with my insurance there were like 800 doctors! How do I sort that out. And I totally agree LV, everyone LOVES their OB, so it is hard to take recommendations - I guess they wouldn''t still be with the doc if they didn''t like them :)

Based on the many calculators I''ve tried online my EDD is March 1, 2011. Waiting for the first appt is going to be rough - I''m hoping they will schedule me maybe at 6 or 7 weeks - even though I know generally they wait until 8.

Here''s another question - (that I''m sure has been answered a million times) according to the timeline calcs online today is Week 4, day 1 - to me this seems like I am in my 5th week - since 4 weeks have passed, but when they show me the info of what''s "going on" they show "Week 4". So am I technically in my 4th week or 5th week? (Yes, I am clueless! Thankfully you lovely ladies have so much more knowledge than I do!)

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
huskylover, you're going into your 5th week so that would be the info I would read. You would have already experienced the info covered in the 4th week.

Can't believe we already have March PS babies.
36.gif

huskylover

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 1:01:55 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
huskylover, you''re going into your 5th week so that would be the info I would read. You would have already experienced the info covered in the 4th week.

Can''t believe we already have March PS babies.
36.gif
Thanks! That''s exactly what I thought!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 1:23:31 PM
Author: huskylover

huskylover, you''re going into your 5th week so that would be the info I would read. You would have already experienced the info covered in the 4th week.

Can''t believe we already have March PS babies.
36.gif

Thanks! That''s exactly what I thought!

Not sure about this; I am 16+5 now and at 16 weeks babycenter sent me the "16 weeks" email. Then it goes on about what will be happening this week. And from my medical training, we don''t refer to someone at 16+5 as in 17th week. Really though, it does not matter too much
9.gif
26.gif

Congrats & welcome to the newly preggos, husky, CDN, and geri!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
ICEKID!!!!!!! Ohhhh, you are doing so beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!! How did the time fly????? How are you doing??? HUGS!!!!!

CatLuver, how are you doing??? Do you feel OK? Thanks for the info re: exercising! I'm going to take your advice and listen to my body. I'm like you - I wear very fitted clothing so lately it is difficult to find something to wear. The bloat comes and goes, so some mornings the tummy will be completely flat, which leads to a freak out. And then suddenly, it'll pooch out like you've been at a Bellagio buffet. Ooof! LOL on Here Comes Daddy to say HELLO! Hehehehehe!!! Don't do that because it ruins the mood! Hahahahahaha!!!! So worth it, though.
31.gif
I started feeling icky around week 5-6. How do you feel? Any nausea yet? You may be one of the lucky ones! I hope you are!!! At 6w4d, I think you will get to see a heartbeat and everything will be great! So excited for you, CatLuver!!! Oh, and don't mind the crazy preggo lady. I'm sure that'll be us soon!

Lynnie!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, the second tri!!!! How wonderful that your exhaustion is better. Wow, you are Superwoman with those amazing shifts!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!! Sorry about the headaches. Aren't they lovely? Nothing seems to help when I get them except cold compresses and escaping to dreamland. You are SO lucky for your amazing genes! I would LOVE for the peanut to come out like a "giant fart!" How amazing would that be???
36.gif
Woohoo! Your mom is the best! She sounds like a real sassy lady and I love that! And hooray for your NT scan!!!!! Oy about the bladder not having to be full! Can you imagine if men had to hold it the way we do??? They'd have to cover the carpets in vinyl and make them wear wee wee pants because they'd be having "accidents" all the time. LOL

NOEWLR!!!!! Ahhhhhh, I feel you! The nausea and exhaustion are incredible, aren't they? I was feeling SO bad this week I was sure something was wrong and the doctor was like, "There is no way anything is wrong if you're feeling that bad." And sure enough, little one was in there having a ball! It sure made me feel better. I rub my tummy all the time, too! Wish I had more of a tummy to rub, though. I can't wait to have more of a bump! Hehehehe. Watch me complain once I have a bump that nothing fits! I ordered 2 maternity dresses from a site called HauteLook.com and they came the other day! I love them and can't wait to wear them out. They're a little sexy but cute! These days, I need all the help I can get since I am officially a Couch Dweller.

HUSKYLOVER!!!!! Your avatar is ADORABLE! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your friends can't really help in your search for a good doctor... how about widening your network a little? One thing I did was to ask colleagues for a good OBGYN. If you want to keep things private, I also knew I wanted a doula or midwife present so I found the best ones in the city and got their recommendations. They sure know what they're talking about! Sometimes it's trial and error. You'll have to find the one whose style and methods suit you best. I love CDinNYC's advice about picking the best hospital and then looking up doctors and then Googling their reviews...SOOO important. I wish I had Googled my first OBGYN's reviews. Would have saved me a TON of time and heartache. She was very ritzy but had HORRIBLE bedside manner. The reviews totally reflected that.

GERI!!!!!!! OH GERI!!!! REALLY???
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!! Now all of us are here once again!!!! This is definitely a sticky bean because once you hear the heartbeat, the risks drop dramatically. WONDERFUL!!!!!!! This is a strong little bean! I know this is a strong, very sticky bean!!!!!!!! Ohhhhh, so happy for you my dear friend!!!! What a joyous day for us all. I can't tell you how happy and overwhelmed with emotion your news makes me!!!!! Oh Geri, you, me, HOU, Loves Vintage, Noelwr... we're all here again with strong beans. It seems like yesterday we were consoling each other and now we are congratulating each other. Oh, happy HAPPY DAY!!!!! WHEEEEE!!!! Our circle is complete now! Sending more prayers and dust so this strong little bean will continue to flourish!

So DH and I went to our 10 week appointment. Oh, waiting 3 weeks was torture! This time especially, I felt like it was now or never. I felt so much better after the 7 week scan but waiting 3 weeks... the mind definitely started to introduce doubt and anxiety. Also, my nausea and migraines seemed to ebb and flow... There were days when I actually felt really good. So that worried me! But today, it came back with a vengeance! I now understand why pregnant women seem to have dental issues. One, brushing your teeth makes you gag and vomit. Two, you're too tired to floss! Still, I force myself to do it because during pregnancy...the gums are supposed to bleed/swell more so it's very important. Floss, floss, floss ladies! It's good for the baby to keep harmful bacteria at bay!

So we walk into the examining room and I'm faint with nausea... clutching my ziploc with Cheerios like a forlorn toddler. Dr. Kind comes in and we have a nice chat. He says I should take the Zofran from time to time if I'm really dying. I express concern about the ultrasound and he says, "Uhhh, no way things are bad if you're feeling that sick. That means things are GOOD!" I'm still doubtful at this point. I assumed he'd be using the trans vaginal ultrasound but he used the belly ultrasound!!!! That was exciting! But I looked over at DH's face and it was anxious, poor guy.

The image popped up and I could not tear my eyes away. No looking at DH. I just had to see, good or bad! The image comes up and Dr. Kind goes, "Well, there's the pregnancy. It's definitely there." Mini confession here. I Googled phrases like "horrible pregnancy" with words like nausea, headaches and etc. I was just so desperate to find remedies/cures/advice. Some very sad stories popped up about women who couldn't find the heartbeat at 10 weeks. That kept me up at night. So when Dr. Kind said, "The pregnancy is there." I gasped, "Oh no! But what about the heartbeat????"

Thank goodness, it was there as well! 183 bpm! We got to hear it and it was so beautiful. The baby had a ginormous head...cute little body with arm buds and leg buds! When the doctor pressed gently, the baby went NUTS! He/she was kicking, squirming and doing a dance! Shifting, rolling and having a little fit - like, "Yo! Some privacy here, please?" SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!! Kicking his little leg buds! SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!! Oh, I could have watched it forever. Then when DH came up to video it, he totally stopped. So funny. It's just like how I'll do a funny dance for DH and when he pulls out his camera, I freeze or run away. I guess like mother like peanut! It measured ahead, too - which is a relief because I've lost weight. He measured 10 weeks 6 days, which was a surprise because I'm 10 weeks 1 day according to ovulation.

Anyway, I'll post some pics later on when the nausea passes a bit. I am so happy for us all. Sending you all my prayers, love and super dust for happy healthy babies!!!!!!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
geri~ Congratulations and lots of dust for a sticky bean! Is it just me, or does everything seem right with the world now?? Maybe I''m overly emotional, but I''m just so happy for you all!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the preggy dress I got - in black and white. I''m such a weirdo for wanting to wear maternity clothes but it''s so exciting! I will be sure to post any good maternity sales I see online for us. The best sites for clearance couture/designer wear are: RueLaLa, Gilt and HauteLook. If anyone else has other sites, please share!
35.gif

preggiedress.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love this dress, too.
30.gif
Does that belly look real to anyone? LOL

preggydress2.jpg

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all.
I''m a just barely pregger girl myself. I think I''m posting to day because I don''t feel as pregnant today, and that''s freaking me out. Sooooo, I think I''m just trying to waste time but can''t move away from the topic of pregnancy, you know?

By O I''m due 2.28.11. We''re both excited but there are already emotions and freak outs that I don''t think DH will "get." I ended up telling my mum before we planned just because I needed someone who had been there. Am I crazy for hoping for a little nausea?
19.gif

At any rate, just jumping in to introduce myself and hopefully focus on other people!

So, HI!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bliss-
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY for a good appt and strong heartbeat and peanut who does dances for the Dr ( but not daddy:)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am so happy for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
I’m so glad this thread is hopping again!

CD, yay, preggo twin!!! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you :)

Bliss, Congrats on your 10 week US!!! Hooray! Your little bub sounds so cute moving around like that! Can’t wait to see your pics (belly and/or US or anything!!). Thanks for asking about me, I’m feeling pretty good. I’m getting my 2nd blood test tomorrow, so hopefully that will make me feel better worry-wise. I have absolutely no symptoms of sickness so far at 5w4d. Knock wood and I hope that everything’s still ok! I do have super sore and swollen boobs and some digestive discomfort…and that’s about it. Sometimes I get really really hungry, but I was like that before, so it probably doesn’t have anything to do with pregnancy (I’m just a piggy!). I haven’t grown yet, but I hope I will be able to keep it under wraps at work until the 2nd tri, more if possible, but I suspect it will be tough with the fitted clothes thing. It''s cute that you''re excited to wear maternity clothes. BTW, daddy is NOT going to be saying hello anytime soon around here :) But I laugh just thinking about saying that.

Munchkin, welcome! I totally get the freak out, I am the same way. I didn’t think I would post here until I was further along, but I really needed some support and the ladies here are so great! Feel free to freak out or vent or whatever!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
holy smokes Bliss! the white one is one sexy dress! but you''ve got the body to carry it off, so it''s going to look awesome on you.

oh, I''m glad I''m not the only one who has problems brushing her teeth. but still I do it every morning and every night because like you said, it is very important to keep up good dental hygiene during pregnancy. but during morning brushing is when I usually lose my breakfast. I tried brushing before breakfast but the vomiting with nothing in your stomach is really painful.

I am glad your u/s went well.
36.gif
that is quite a hb. no mistaking that baby''s alive!

Munchkin - that is totally normal to one day feel not as pregnant as the last. enjoy it while you can. if you experience 8 weeks in a row of nausea, you will miss those days. and I completely understand wanting to have the m/s so that you know things are going well. however, I am ready to stop experiencing it now.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, that white dress is HAWT!!! You'll have to post a photo of you wearing it. Congrats on your 10wk US.

Munchkin, welcome! So glad to see you here.

Hope everyone's having a great Friday. Had some spotting yesterday that FREAKED me out but it seems to be gone today. July 7th can't come soon enough!

I'm off to my volunteer placement now. Have a great weekend!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Somethingshiny! How are you doing??? Oh, I am so happy for you as well! You are one blessed woman with your lovely growing family.

Munchin!!! Congratulations!!! Don''t worry about not feeling pregnant yet. I doubted this pregnancy because I didn''t feel hardly anything at all, not even sore bbs! I think a few other ladies also puzzled over the lack of symptoms initially. But don''t worry...
31.gif
Sometimes Ms. Morning Sickness has trouble finding your house because of faulty mapquest directions. But if you wish for her, she''ll arrive on your doorstep before long! And then, you''ll be hinting wildly for her to leave asap! I know I wish she had never found my home! Enjoy it while you can, Munchkin!

Beeeellaaaaa! Tons of dust for your 2WW! Ohhhh, it was such a relief and I never in my wildest dreams felt we''d be able to come this far. I can''t wait for you to join this thread and I know it will be soon!
36.gif

CatLuver!!!! Yay for your blood test today! I hope it puts your mind at ease. No symptoms = good for where you are! I didn''t have anything until the 6th week and BAM! It was awful. Enjoy it while you can! Hahahaha, no one at work knows and I''m planning on keeping it secret until my second tri. I thought I was showing but then, sometimes the bub hides. I think also, I am losing weight because I cannot bear to eat. Oddly enough, the baby is big and measuring ahead! I guess he is eating my butt! Well, some part of me is going... he should eat my arm fat! Hahahaha, I am trying very hard to make very nutritious choices when I do eat so that my calories count. But I do try to choose very caloric, dense foods so that they go far when I can force the food down. Oddly enough, the last thing I want to eat ever is junk food. I crave fruit and veggies, which sadly... do not have enough calories. So I try to make up for it with hearty meals stuffed down my gullet with a spatula!

NOELWR!!!!!! Hahahaha, that white dress is super sexy on the model! But she hiked up the skirt so much! It''s not that short, I swear! It''s very elegant and a *little* sexy! I plan to wear the white one out to a dinner party next week. It''ll hide the pregnancy well, I think! Oh, brushing teeth! Oh, oh oh! It is torture, isn''t it? Something about brushing in there just makes the gag/vomit/misery begin in spades. Oh, it is really mentally challenging to psych myself up to do it every morning and night! I used to like brushing after meals, but forget that now!!!

CDinNYC!!!!! YOU''RE HAWT!!!!! Hehehe, I will try to post a belly photo and the US photo soon! You ladies gotta start the momentum of belly pics again!!!!!! I wanna see some cute bellies! I''m so sorry about the spotting - that must have been so frightening. But it is very very normal. Did you call the doctor anyway just to check? Oh, July 7th is coming very soon! So excited for you!!!!!!!!!! Oh, CDinNYC... this is just wonderful news. So happy for you. You''re so sweet and intelligent - your baby will be a very lucky baby indeed!

Hugs and love, everyone! Let''s see some BELLY PICS!!!!!
36.gif

huskylover

Rough_Rock
Hmm - guess I''ll just have to ask the OB about how to determine the weeks when I go in for my appt. - and read as much as I can about all of the weeks in the meantime.

I finally scheduled my first appt yesterday - I''m going in in the middle of July - which I think will be the beginning of my 7th week or my 8th week depending on how you count it :) The doc is out of town on vacay so that''s the earliest they could book me. They didn''t even ask how far along I thought I was so I assume I could have gone in earlier if he wasn''t on vacay. I assume it probably depends on the dr but I wonder if they will do an ultrasound on that first visit.

Munchkin, congrats! We''re due one day apart - well based on my calculations for my own due date, I''ll have to get a better confirmation from the doc. I feel the same way - one day I''ll be on the verge of puking the whole day and the next I feel fine.

I have this paranoia every time I go to the bathroom that I''m going to notice AF has come and it was all just a weird fluke. I can''t wait to get over that!
26.gif

The one thing I''m dying to find out is if I could possibly have twins! Fraternal twins run rampant in my mom''s family (she is a twin herself) and so I know that genetically I have a higher chance, although the chance is still low. I just want to know if there is 1 or 2 so I can stop thinking "what if there''s 2?!?"

geri

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone for your wishes. It''s so nice to be able to share a little of the excitement since we can''t really do it in real life.

Noelwr, LV and Bliss - Thanks for your enthusiasm. I''m so excited to be able to join all of you over here finally! It''s nice that we get to share this experience after what we have been through. It still feels a little surreal but based on LMP I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I''m still feeling okay other than being tired. I feel a little "off" sometimes, headaches or a little queasy, but really nothing to complain about at all. I think I am beyond wishing m/s upon myself and really hope it stays away because I am really busy at work and constantly in long meetings so it would be quite hard to manage. Noelwr and Bliss - I really hope you get over the m/s soon. I can only imagine how you must feel.

CDN, Catluver - thankyou, thankyou and good luck to both of you in getting to your next milestone.

Somethingshiny - thanks for checking in on us. It''s really thoughtful of you and I agree that all seems right with the world now. Wishing you the best of luck with the birth of Lily.

Munchkin - welcome and good luck to you too. I know this is easier said than done, but please try not to worry too much about symptoms. I haven''t had many symptoms other than sore bbs and being quite tired and I am nearly 8 weeks with a bean with a nice little heartbeat.

Husky - I had quite high betas this time around and kept wondering about twins but just one little bean for us! Good luck for your first visit.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends!! This will be a relatively quick post since I''m at my parents'' house and need to spend time visiting with them. I''ve been out of town doing job interviews (for next year, after I finish my last year of residency) so I''ve been AWOL this week! OMG, I had 3 interviews this week, and I am EXHAUSTED. I think the fatigue/nausea got worse around 8.5 weeks or so...I hit 9 weeks yesterday. I had to double up on my Zofran a couple times this past week (8mg instead of 4mg) and I had a horrrrible headache last night - sleep was the only remedy.

However, I will take all of these things for a healthy baby. Easily. :)

I want to extend a big WELCOME to our newest preggos - CatLuver, HuskyLuver, Munchkin - and a very special welcome to GERI! I am soooooo happy to see you back here, lady!! And so thrilled to hear your good news. I have so wished for you to join the rest of us that had losses together, and I am really looking forward to sharing pregnancy and new motherhood with each of you!! :)

Bliss - can''t wait to see your latest US and belly pics!! Ahhh, you got to see the little bean waving arms and legs! How awesome is that?!?

Newest coolest news from me - our doppler came in!! I gave it a 1st try yesterday (at 9 weeks 0 days) with the understanding that if I couldn''t find a heartbeat (since 9 weeks is really early to find one with doppler) I wouldn''t freak out......and sure enough, I found it!!
30.gif
Heart rate is in the 170''s now! :) Finding it for the first time was totally worth the whole $75 dollars that the doppler cost. Of course, I had to try again later last night, and again this morning, and after a few minutes of searching, was able to find my little Peanut every time!! Really provides great peace of mind in between ultrasounds.

Our next ultrasound is day after tomorrow (Monday) so I''ll be back to share pics then! I don''t think I''m really showing yet, but maybe I''ll show the last few weeks of belly pics too and see what you girls think. My pants are def getting tight, and I did buy a couple of Old Navy maternity items today.
9.gif
The doppler makes me feel better about buying maternity clothes! hehe.

Much love all around....sorry I don''t have time for more personal responses today!! But know that I''m thinking about each of you!
9.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 2:29:45 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 6/24/2010 1:23:31 PM

Author: huskylover

huskylover, you're going into your 5th week so that would be the info I would read. You would have already experienced the info covered in the 4th week.

Can't believe we already have March PS babies.
36.gif

Thanks! That's exactly what I thought!

Not sure about this; I am 16+5 now and at 16 weeks babycenter sent me the '16 weeks' email. Then it goes on about what will be happening this week. And from my medical training, we don't refer to someone at 16+5 as in 17th week. Really though, it does not matter too much
9.gif
26.gif

Congrats & welcome to the newly preggos, husky, CDN, and geri!

I'll defer to your training, icekid. I based my post on what FF has written on their website. On the pregnancy home page they have a note that says the information displayed is for the coming week. (For example if you are 8 weeks 4 days pregnant, the information will be for week 9. According to FF, you would be entering week 9 so this information would be most relevant to what is currently being experienced. Information for week 8 would be what you have already experienced.)

In the long run, it doesn't matter much, as you said.
1.gif

Bliss, I didn't call the doctor. The spotting was light and there were no clots or cramping so until that happens, I'm trying to not worry. What will be, will be, you know?

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS to Geri, Munchkin and Huskylover!!!!! Soo excited for you all!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Tons of sticky dust to you, and dust for a nice, EASY pregnancy!!

We just had a nice 4 days at the Jersey shore. My BBs have torpedoed!! OMG, it''s crazy. I went from a B to a D, and the D''s are getting snug, just within the past few days
23.gif
23.gif
. 15 weeks today, and I haven''t popped yet, so it''s so weird having these giant BBs and no real belly... DH is loving it though
41.gif

Bliss, I love those dresses. You can definitely rock them!!! Can''t wait to see pics!

HMG... YAY for a HB!!! Re: maternity clothes - NONE of my shorts from last year fit anymore, so last week I plopped down a bunch of $ at Target for a whole summer wardrobe.

Noel... Sorry you still have m/s
14.gif
I hope it doesn''t last much longer!

CDN... You seem to have a good attitude about the spot. I had a few, and things seem to be just fine now on my end! I lol''d at your signature, too!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!

Hou - I don''t know how you manage such a grueling schedule - you''re superwoman. The doppler sounds really cool.

Huskylover - twins would be exciting.

Geri, noel, munchkin, Lynnie, hope all is well.

Bliss - too funny about telling the baby to eat certain parts of you. That would be nice! Haha. Since yesterday all I want to eat is fruit too...

Well yesterday at 6wks on the dot, sickness may have come. I haven''t felt like throwing up, but the thought of food makes me feel ill, and I don''t feel like eating. This is highly unusual for me, so something is definitely up. I was really tired and spent 90% of the day on the couch, oddly enough watching cooking shows which didn''t help but didn''t make it worse. I would not want to watch them now, though. Well I hope things don''t get worse, as long as I don''t think of food, it''s not too bad. But thoughts of cheesy, creamy, oily food make me feel worse. Weird, right? Saturday I felt good and even went to the gym but Sunday I woke up and just felt different.

My blood test came back with good results so here''s hoping I get a good scan on thurs!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

Just popping in with a quick PSA for those who will be returning to work after having thier LO:

So I was just curious about the pricing and availability of daycare, since I heard it was expensive and there were some waiting lists to get in and I will need a good daycare (once I get KU/have a baby) b/c I intend to go back to work after having a LO. Boy, did I get quite the education. Beyond the price thing, my advice to you (especially those ladies in big cities) is:
* Get all the info/tour and get signed up for a daycare center YESTERDAY!

I found out that in my area, the average waitlist is about 15 months for infants. Seriously...I was in shock. If you haven''t begun the search yet or haven''t thought about it, put it number one on your list of things to do!

Just something else to worry about I guess...sorry ladies
20.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
very good tip, dcgator

CatLuver
- yay for good blood results!

Bliss - I want to see a belly shot in your sexy white dress.

- - -

as for me, this is my first work day in like 8 weeks or something where I didn''t feel nauseous all day! keep fingers crossed for me. even if I feel nauseous tonight, at least this is such an improvement!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Hello, preggos! Hope everyone is feeling at least decent today!

9.gif

Lynnie - yay for a new summer wardrobe! And giant bb''s! LOL!! I''m about to peruse the Old Navy site for some clothing possibilities...

CatLuver - sorry to hear the MS is setting in. 6 weeks is when it did for me, too. Don''t hesitate to ask for some medicine if you need it!! Goooood luck at your scan...I''ll be thinking about you on Thursday!

DC - thanks for the info! It makes me feel so tired to think about having to figure out daycare...ugh. I think we may try to find a nanny instead, since we''ll only be in Houston for about 3 more months after I go back to work. The baby will only be 5 or 6 months old when we move, so no sense in trying to find a good preschool/daycare in Houston. It would be much easier to have a nanny who could just come to our house...DH only works outside the home part time, so he''ll be home a lot of the time, which means we''ll just need someone to cover the infrequent times when both of us are at work. I think that sounds like a good plan, anyway. I''m open to suggestions from any more experienced mamas! (although aren''t most of us on this thread right now 1st timers?!)

Noel - WOOHOOOOO for no nausea today!! Excellent!!

36.gif
I am so glad to hear it''s letting up!

-----------------------------------

As for me, I think perhaps I''m a little bit less nauseous too! Almost 10 weeks now (9weeks4days today). We had an appt and a scan yesterday....it was so much fun!! The little guy/gal has arms and legs and we could even see fingers and toes!!! AND he/she was moving all around in there! It''s so strange to see all the movement yet not be able to feel it yet!! Good strong heartbeat still, the rate was up to 178. The kid has the giant head/little body thing going on, so looks kinda like a Teddy Graham. LOL! I''ll post the pics when I get home and have access to them (I''m on call tonight...woohoo!)

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Miss Houie,

Congrats on your great scan. How cute that you got to see your LO dancing around in there. I''m glad to hear that everything is going well with your pregnancy.
36.gif

Off topic, I didn''t know you were leaving Houston soon, where are you heading next? However, before you leave, can you give me the low down on Houston. That area might be on my DH''s job radar, so I thought I would find out some more details. But, since you (and someone else, but I can''t remember right now) are the resident Houston girls, I thought I would get the real deal from you.

Thanks!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
HOU - fantastic news on the great scan yesterday. are you starting to feel less nervous? by the way, I forgot to say that it''s excellent that you were able to find the hb on the doppler so early. if you hold the "microphone" bit really still and hear some other noises than the heartbeat (like a bubble popping), that is your baby moving. it can be confusing because just moving the "microphone" already creates a lot of noise on its own.

Bliss & HOU - please share your scan pics!

- - -

another good day for me. probably not as perfect as yesterday because if I wasn''t pregnant I would have just thought I was getting sick, but no full-out blown nausea that makes me thing I might vomit. I took antibiotics for the last 5 days due to a UTI and I think they compounded the morning sickness and that''s why it was really bad over the weekend and on Monday. they did, however, clear up my hayfever, but that is back now. but I''d much rather have hayfever than morning sickness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results