shape
carat
color
clarity

Just arrived. GIA circular brilliant- starting a new obsession with old cuts.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is. H SI1 circular brilliant. Totally eye clean. Thanks to all who helped especially @Dee*Jay who looked at it in person for me :). So kind.

So crisp and white! Looks much sharper and whiter in person. So hard to take pics of diamonds. She’s small but mighty at .60. Thinking of doing a 3 stone with bezel setting. Need to find 2 matching smaller stones and where and how to start. Would love a DK setting.

3B142309-1B08-4655-95F0-02D2DCAB5020.jpeg C9E97DEB-E0F1-4A60-949F-D5BFE140AA1C.jpeg 0F2E5341-B470-4556-96DA-E4322CC7C0A6.jpeg

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Very very pretty! I'd check in with Ivy & Rose, Old World Diamonds, Jewels by Grace for side stones

On instagram...
xothebijoubox
cjd_sako

Thanks, @Cerulean. Guess I should have asked Ilya at Ivy and Rose for 2 other stones to match this. What size do you think would be ideal?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! What size side stones? I think David Klass can source OECs. (Actually, I know he can because of a pending project!)

Thanks, @wildcat03. Looking for suggestions as to what side stones would be ideal. .30 ? 0.35?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @Cerulean. Guess I should have asked Ilya at Ivy and Rose for 2 other stones to match this. What size do you think would be ideal?

Hmm - size is tricky. Do you like it when there is a larger or smaller size difference in the center / vs side stones?

For example, I like smaller side stones on me. I wear a 7.5, and have a 1.3 carat center, and ~0.25 (each) sides. If you like this ratio, you'd probably like 0.12-0.15 sides. DK could probably easily source OECs this size! Just make sure you get a similar, high color (H/I)...which can be a little rarer.

My center is an E and the sides are slightly warmer (I'd guess one is an F, the other a G), but because they are smaller it doesn't really matter much to me. I am also crazy color sensitive, but the small difference here doesn't bug me and I find it charming.

1615230842912.png

Here are some 3-stone ring threads - I would look and figure out your ratio preferences...a lot of people like 1:2:1 (which is that classic size ratio for Tiffany's 3 stones)

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm - size is tricky. Do you like it when there is a larger or smaller size difference in the center / vs side stones?

For example, I like smaller side stones on me. I wear a 7.5, and have a 1.3 carat center, and ~0.25 (each) sides. If you like this ratio, you'd probably like 0.12-0.15 sides. DK could probably easily source OECs this size! Just make sure you get a similar, high color (H/I)...which can be a little rarer.

My center is an E and the sides are slightly warmer (I'd guess one is an F, the other a G), but because they are smaller it doesn't really matter much to me. I am also crazy color sensitive, but the small difference here doesn't bug me and I find it charming.

1615230842912.png

Here are some 3-stone ring threads - I would look and figure out your ratio preferences...a lot of people like 1:2:1 (which is that classic size ratio for Tiffany's 3 stones)

Thanks, @Cerulean. Will check them out and see what would work best ;-).

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh it’s so pretty!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a pretty stone!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

1615230842912.png

I looked at your links, @Cerulean. Thanks for sharing. I think I don’t want the sides too big or too small. I tried to put my filigree ring with a 0.25 ct OEC (my very first taste of OEC) and I think I like that size for side stones.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
That's a lovely stone! great starter* into the addictive world of old cuts :)

*you know you will want more!

Thanks, @foxinsox. A filigree ring with a 0.25ct OEC had me mesmerized. Slowly going up in carat weight haha. I am in BIG trouble. I am loving the old cuts. So different from MRBs.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love it! :kiss2:

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock

1615230842912.png

Your ring is stunning!!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! :kiss2: I bet you can't wait yo get that gorgeous stone set!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Old cuts will take over your life and you’ll love it!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
My avatar ring is .25/.5/.25. I mocked up some PowerPoint slides using circles to get a sense of proportion when deciding - very simple but helpful!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar ring is .25/.5/.25. I mocked up some PowerPoint slides using circles to get a sense of proportion when deciding - very simple but helpful!

Love that proportion and your setting. Did you purchase all three stones together? Where did you get your setting, if I may ask? I am torn between a milgrain bezel or open setting. Thank you.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, look at those facets! that's a lovely stone, can't wait to see it set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results