Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Just arrived. GIA circular brilliant- starting a new obsession with old cuts.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is. H SI1 circular brilliant. Totally eye clean. Thanks to all who helped especially @Dee*Jay who looked at it in person for me :). So kind.

So crisp and white! Looks much sharper and whiter in person. So hard to take pics of diamonds. She’s small but mighty at .60. Thinking of doing a 3 stone with bezel setting. Need to find 2 matching smaller stones and where and how to start. Would love a DK setting.

3B142309-1B08-4655-95F0-02D2DCAB5020.jpeg C9E97DEB-E0F1-4A60-949F-D5BFE140AA1C.jpeg 0F2E5341-B470-4556-96DA-E4322CC7C0A6.jpeg

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Very very pretty! I'd check in with Ivy & Rose, Old World Diamonds, Jewels by Grace for side stones

On instagram...
xothebijoubox
cjd_sako

Thanks, @Cerulean. Guess I should have asked Ilya at Ivy and Rose for 2 other stones to match this. What size do you think would be ideal?

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @Cerulean. Guess I should have asked Ilya at Ivy and Rose for 2 other stones to match this. What size do you think would be ideal?

Hmm - size is tricky. Do you like it when there is a larger or smaller size difference in the center / vs side stones?

For example, I like smaller side stones on me. I wear a 7.5, and have a 1.3 carat center, and ~0.25 (each) sides. If you like this ratio, you'd probably like 0.12-0.15 sides. DK could probably easily source OECs this size! Just make sure you get a similar, high color (H/I)...which can be a little rarer.

My center is an E and the sides are slightly warmer (I'd guess one is an F, the other a G), but because they are smaller it doesn't really matter much to me. I am also crazy color sensitive, but the small difference here doesn't bug me and I find it charming.

1615230842912.png

Here are some 3-stone ring threads - I would look and figure out your ratio preferences...a lot of people like 1:2:1 (which is that classic size ratio for Tiffany's 3 stones)

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm - size is tricky. Do you like it when there is a larger or smaller size difference in the center / vs side stones?

For example, I like smaller side stones on me. I wear a 7.5, and have a 1.3 carat center, and ~0.25 (each) sides. If you like this ratio, you'd probably like 0.12-0.15 sides. DK could probably easily source OECs this size! Just make sure you get a similar, high color (H/I)...which can be a little rarer.

My center is an E and the sides are slightly warmer (I'd guess one is an F, the other a G), but because they are smaller it doesn't really matter much to me. I am also crazy color sensitive, but the small difference here doesn't bug me and I find it charming.

1615230842912.png

Here are some 3-stone ring threads - I would look and figure out your ratio preferences...a lot of people like 1:2:1 (which is that classic size ratio for Tiffany's 3 stones)

Thanks, @Cerulean. Will check them out and see what would work best ;-).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

1615230842912.png

I looked at your links, @Cerulean. Thanks for sharing. I think I don’t want the sides too big or too small. I tried to put my filigree ring with a 0.25 ct OEC (my very first taste of OEC) and I think I like that size for side stones.

lulu_ma

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I love it! :kiss2:

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock

1615230842912.png

Your ring is stunning!!!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Old cuts will take over your life and you’ll love it!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
My avatar ring is .25/.5/.25. I mocked up some PowerPoint slides using circles to get a sense of proportion when deciding - very simple but helpful!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar ring is .25/.5/.25. I mocked up some PowerPoint slides using circles to get a sense of proportion when deciding - very simple but helpful!

Love that proportion and your setting. Did you purchase all three stones together? Where did you get your setting, if I may ask? I am torn between a milgrain bezel or open setting. Thank you.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.