shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Delivery Day - and another major milestone.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I received a jewelry delivery from David Klass Jewelry - always the best days of any week! All were tweaks, repairs or remakes, so there's nothing here that's terribly new. But all pretty, so I thought I'd share. :))

First up is my wedding ring...of sorts. The diamond from my engagement ring was stolen by the jeweler who set it into one of his settings. It was only small, but of good quality, and had previously been my deceased mother's engagement diamond. My father gave it to us when DH and I were engaged, and we took it to a small jewelry store and asked if we could replace the diamond in a pre-made ring with our own diamond. The man we spoke to said yes...but the answer was ultimately, apparently, no. He left the original diamond (smaller and lower clarity) in our ring and closed up shop 2 weeks later, taking our diamond with him. We only realized when we had it appraised some time later and realized the diamond in our setting was 25% smaller than it was supposed to be. Hmmmm. So there went any sentimental value we'd had for our engagement ring! When we were married, I had a wedding band in yellow gold with a small white gold inset, which held 10 tiny diamonds. And - surprise! - I'm allergic to nickel! Who knew?! Certainly not us when we bought the ring! We were unable to return it, so the end result was that I went for years wearing no ring at all. One day, years later while doing a little vacation shopping, we wandered into an antique store with a small antique jewelry display. There was a white gold 12 stone OEC diamond band ring - 6 pointers - made in 1910. My husband surprised me and bought it on the spot, and it became my engagement ring and wedding ring combined. I've worn it a *lot* over the years and had it resized (badly), one diamond replaced (beyond badly!), and slowly watched the rhodium wear away, leaving me with something an 'odd sort of drab metal' color - with an entirely different colored insert from where it had been resized!

I sent it off to DKJ where they took out the newest diamond (completely cloudy - like - utterly) and put in something that sparkled after rebuilding the prongs! Hurray! And then they rhodium plated it 3 times! It looks AWESOME! It's prettier than it's ever looked, and I absolutely love it!

20210414_165853.jpg

20210414_165624.jpg

20210414_170018.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But every bit as important, altho in a totally different way, was yesterday - my 3rd 6 monthly cancer check. It's now been 23 months since my diagnosis and 21 months since my surgery, and I've had 2 6 week check ups and now 3 6 monthly check ups. Every single one so far has given me those three most glorious letters in the entire universe for any person who has had cancer....

"N.E.D."

No evidence of disease.

My bracelet was given to me by my husband some years ago, and this week DKJ permanently attached the charm given to me by my closest friend in the US when I had my first ever NED diagnosis. Pearls mean long life and tears - and they're also my birth stone - so this precious, precious charm is representative of the life I've fought for despite so many tears, and the pearl that floats bravely through all the rough waves of life.

And it still makes me cry every time I look at it.

:))

(In the photo below you can see both the bracelet and my 'wedding ring'. They don't go, as such, but that's completely irrelevant!)

20210414_153928.jpg

Last edited:

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
But every bit as important, altho in a totally different way, was yesterday - my 3rd 6 monthly cancer check. It's now been 23 months since my diagnosis and 21 months since my surgery, and I've had 2 6 week check ups and now 3 6 monthly check ups. Every single one so far has given me those three most glorious letters in the entire universe for any person who has had cancer....

"N.E.D."

No evidence of disease.

My bracelet was given to me by my husband some years ago, and this week DKJ permanently attached the charm given to me by my closest friend in the US when I had my first ever NED diagnosis. Pearls mean long life and tears - and they're also my birth stone - so this precious, precious charm is representative of the life I've fought for despite so many tears, and the pearl that floats bravely through all the rough waves of life.

20210414_153928.jpg

"N.E.D."

No evidence of disease.

20210414_153928.jpg

Beautiful stories an pieces! Enjoy ☺️

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always love story time and its beautiful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And lastly....

Earrings!

Last year (I think? The months are bleeding together....) I bought a pair of OECs from Ivy and Rose. They're around 1.5ctw, F colored, and eye clean. I absolutely love them! As well as wearing them alone, I also wore them with a lovely pair of Sea of Cortez pearls given to me by Yssie on my birthday last year. The pearls are grey with a beautiful pink undertone.

But recently, I've been one of many people who have developed a passion for blue pearls, and when this pair of large, blue, baroque akoya pearls popped up on PearlzAustralia's Instagram site, I snavelled them up quick smart! DKJ added posts and loops, and here we are - 10.3 - 10.4mm blue pearls with OEC diamonds. What can be better than that? Actually, perfectly round, sky blue, 10mm akoyas can be better than that, but I have it on the best authority (@molinePDG ) that I'll need 5 times the budget and a fair dose of patience till *they* become a reality in my jewelry box! So in the meantime, I have these more casual but equally adored beauties to enjoy.

20210414_155854.jpg

The color in these next 2 photos is VERY washed out due to very poor lighting - and they're *very* blurry for the same reason, but I'm including them for a sense of proportion. Keep in mind, I have the largest and longest earlobes in recorded history - but even on my ears, these have lovely presence. LOVE!! :kiss2:

20210414_160352.jpg

20210414_160016.jpg

And that's it!

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sentimental pieces! I'm so glad you are in good health! Wishing you continued good health and good checkups!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As usual I love everything! And such a generous gift of pearls!! Gosh those are wonderful!!

Wear them in health.

cheers--Sharon

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your wonderful check up and these beautiful pieces. Those earrings !!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear you are cancer free. Lovely diamond band and lovely story! God bless.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations @mrs-b on the NED results and your beautiful and meaningful little treasures!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Horrible what the jeweler did to you , but what a wonderful re-do!
Congratulations on n.e.d!
And i love the earrings!
Here's to many more healthy happy good years

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! All of them! I love your bracelet, the charm is gorgeous (congrats on the N.E.D. awesome news!). The colour in those pearls is just so lovely!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-B

Well done, beautiful pieces!. Congrats!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and so glad to hear about the NEDS. DH had to go through that and I remember the anxiety felt around each appt- soooooo hard. Hugs.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! They are all beautiful, and much like a tapestry is woven of many threads, so is your beautiful collection of gems and stories. Wear them I continued good health!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And lastly....

Earrings!

Last year (I think? The months are bleeding together....) I bought a pair of OECs from Ivy and Rose. They're around 1.5ctw, F colored, and eye clean. I absolutely love them! As well as wearing them alone, I also wore them with a lovely pair of Sea of Cortez pearls given to me by Yssie on my birthday last year. The pearls are grey with a beautiful pink undertone.

But recently, I've been one of many people who have developed a passion for blue pearls, and when this pair of large, blue, baroque akoya pearls popped up on PearlzAustralia's Instagram site, I snavelled them up quick smart! DKJ added posts and loops, and here we are - 10.3 - 10.4mm blue pearls with OEC diamonds. What can be better than that? Actually, perfectly round, sky blue, 10mm akoyas can be better than that, but I have it on the best authority (@molinePDG ) that I'll need 5 times the budget and a fair dose of patience till *they* become a reality in my jewelry box! So in the meantime, I have these more casual but equally adored beauties to enjoy.

20210414_155854.jpg

The color in these next 2 photos is VERY washed out due to very poor lighting - and they're *very* blurry for the same reason, but I'm including them for a sense of proportion. Keep in mind, I have the largest and longest earlobes in recorded history - but even on my ears, these have lovely presence. LOVE!! :kiss2:

20210414_160352.jpg

20210414_160016.jpg

And that's it!

Those are beautiful! They look terrific together! DK did a great job. And they look lovely on you!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous haul of perfect remakes and beauties. As always, beautiful bling for a beautiful lady! Enjoy! Be well!! ♥️

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy making new memories with all your beauties @mrs-b.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading your stories, @mrs-b. Congratulations on the N.E.D., and may you wear these beautiful pieces in the best of health.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces and I am so happy to hear NED!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I have been away from PS for some time but when I saw your title, I felt the usual thrill of seeing you post something and knowing that I would be in for a visual treat. This post did not disappoint.

Congratulations on your NED report and your continued good health!

Also, the story and the jewelry are lovely and perfect! I am not a pearl person, but-- wow!! -- they are stunning and the band is just gorgeous.:kiss2:

Enjoy!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the wonderful news about your N.E.D. result! Enjoy wearing your new beauties.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for the good medical news! And more lovely jewelry pieces to celebrate!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the N.E.D.! What beautiful pieces to help celebrate. Here’s to many more!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy for you @mrs-b..I’ve been on that road a few times...so I know you are soooo relieved.

I’m also sorry about the awful jeweler that stole your diamond. That’s a fear that strikes fear in many of us when we have to leave our diamonds to be worked on. Fortunately we have some wonderful vendors that we can trust now.

Your beautiful jewelry additions are so stunning. I hope you enjoy wearing them for a very long time...

Big hugs for the other medical challenges you’re going through right now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today I received a jewelry delivery from David Klass Jewelry - always the best days of any week! All were tweaks, repairs or remakes, so there's nothing here that's terribly new. But all pretty, so I thought I'd share. :))

First up is my wedding ring...of sorts. The diamond from my engagement ring was stolen by the jeweler who set it into one of his settings. It was only small, but of good quality, and had previously been my deceased mother's engagement diamond. My father gave it to us when DH and I were engaged, and we took it to a small jewelry store and asked if we could replace the diamond in a pre-made ring with our own diamond. The man we spoke to said yes...but the answer was ultimately, apparently, no. He left the original diamond (smaller and lower clarity) in our ring and closed up shop 2 weeks later, taking our diamond with him. We only realized when we had it appraised some time later and realized the diamond in our setting was 25% smaller than it was supposed to be. Hmmmm. So there went any sentimental value we'd had for our engagement ring! When we were married, I had a wedding band in yellow gold with a small white gold inset, which held 10 tiny diamonds. And - surprise! - I'm allergic to nickel! Who knew?! Certainly not us when we bought the ring! We were unable to return it, so the end result was that I went for years wearing no ring at all. One day, years later while doing a little vacation shopping, we wandered into an antique store with a small antique jewelry display. There was a white gold 12 stone OEC diamond band ring - 6 pointers - made in 1910. My husband surprised me and bought it on the spot, and it became my engagement ring and wedding ring combined. I've worn it a *lot* over the years and had it resized (badly), one diamond replaced (beyond badly!), and slowly watched the rhodium wear away, leaving me with something an 'odd sort of drab metal' color - with an entirely different colored insert from where it had been resized!

I sent it off to DKJ where they took out the newest diamond (completely cloudy - like - utterly) and put in something that sparkled after rebuilding the prongs! Hurray! And then they rhodium plated it 3 times! It looks AWESOME! It's prettier than it's ever looked, and I absolutely love it!

20210414_165853.jpg

20210414_165624.jpg

20210414_170018.jpg

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Although im apalled at your ER story :-o:(2:cry2::angryfire:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

"N.E.D."

No evidence of disease.

(In the photo below you can see both the bracelet and my 'wedding ring'. They don't go, as such, but that's completely irrelevant!)

20210414_153928.jpg

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im so happy for you @mrs-b

Attachments

• dance-2432910_640.jpg
    dance-2432910_640.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 12
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results