shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Sapphire complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC06065rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
5.gif

DSC06110rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
sorry, lil repetitive I know..

DSC06072rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
a native wooden garden post
9.gif
2.gif

DSC06101rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
anyone want some handshots instead..?
25.gif
(that's a joke)..

DSC06085rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
anyone want some handshots instead..?
25.gif

DSC06085rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
whoops, pls ignore double post!

Some more yellow flowers..

DSC06055rs.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing on you! Yummy blue indeed!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
okay, well I have more but I''ll leave it here for now.

I hope folks enjoy the pics, and I promise the proper photoshoot will be a lil more creative/diverse
5.gif

DSC06096rs.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
*gasp* more, more, more!!!

That is the most beautiful sapphire I have ever seen, and the setting is just perfect with it.

I hope the other issues either become insignificant or are resolved quickly and painlessly!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 8:14:31 AM
Author: Porridge
*gasp* more, more, more!!!

That is the most beautiful sapphire I have ever seen, and the setting is just perfect with it.

I hope the other issues either become insignificant or are resolved quickly and painlessly!

thanks sweetie - ok, one more for porridge - my fave version of its'' personality..although they''re all pretty fun
2.gif

DSC06064rs.JPG

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous AJ!!!!
30.gif
Love the transition detail on the shank. The ring is a perfect blend of classic and modern, what a great collaboration.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW GREAT color, GREAT setting, GREAT cut. Congrats!!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful AJ. That stone is a heavenly color. I'm really looking forward to her "formal" photo shoot. I think you take the best color photos on PS.

I was wondering what color you were going to have your nails done, and I was thinking that pale pink or a French manicure would be nice because neither would compete with your saphh. Your nails look lovely
2.gif

I'm sorry you're going to have to be without your ring for a while, but I'm sure Brian & Leslie will adress all your concerns and she'll come back to you in perfect condition. And I forgot to say that I l
30.gif
ve the size of those diamonds!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The ring is gorgeous!! I love the detail on the shank. It really works and shows off the sapphire beautifully. I''m sorry you have had some issues with it, but it seems that those will be resolved to your satisfaction. When it is ready for it''s next photo shoot, I''ll be waiting
2.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2009 7:57:59 AM
Author: arjunajane

Your ring is just...well I can't even find words to describe its beauty
30.gif

It looks absolutely perfect on your hand, and if I may say so your hand and nails look so pretty in this picture :)

You're a very lucky lady!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 7:03:00 AM
lol, yes Tgal I wouldn''t expect anything less from you M''dear!
I''m not going to speculate as to Brian''s motives - I have my own understanding of the type of person he is, but I''m not going to try to push that on others.
1.gif

One thing I think you would agree, that if I had bought these ''problems'' to *at least* 90% of jewellers world wide - PS or no PS, what would their response be?
You''re being too nit-picky, no one looks at rings under a loupe, you can''t expect perfection, you''re expectations are too high Can''t you just hear it?
And taking responsibility for the sapphire? I doubt it. I''m confident 90% of the worlds jewellers would either deny deny or blame me. And I would be told to get over it and get stuffed, basically
2.gif

I mean, who can forget Ellen''s heirloom aqua scratches - what was she told? You''re expectations are too high, and get lost - basically. I know LM is a different animal, but I make the comparison due to the similarities in our cases.

Anyways...
enough of all of that..
I don''t like the negative down turn this thread has taken - and I think the only way to fix it....

...is with photos
9.gif

Gawd knows all of you have stuck around and waited/supported/commiserated enough, lol!
Yes, I can agree with that. I would also say that 90% off the jewelers world wide do NOT get a huge portion of their business on PS. 95% of the jewelers here on PS would jump. LM is a different animal, I agree. But I would also venture to say that there wouldn''t be anything wrong with the prongs if he did them.
3.gif

Off to look at the pics!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re right AJ, that stone is to die for! Even though I didn''t buy the one JW stone I did see in person, the cutting was awesome. I can see why you''d be bummed when you saw the boo-boo''s on that puppy.

Well done!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring AJ
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
The blue of the sapphire is Amazing!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the ring is just beautiful! It really photographs well.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 1:40:25 AM

Date: 11/26/2009 12:17:19 AM
Author: Cind11
Hi arjunajane,

Just wanted to say how lovely your setting looks and your sapphire is to die for. I would certainly think scratches should be able to be polished out though and the prong sounds easily fixable. You did an excellent job putting the whole ''project'' together.

That was really nice that they offered to even replace your stone if necessary. They did not offer to do that for me when my Malaya garnet came back with a tiny chip after having to send it back to them for sizing and incorrect gold content. (14K vs. 18K)

Hi Cind,

Thanks for your compliments!

I apologize if my post has caused you any distress - I''m not going to attempt to compare our cases as of course I am not informed on what happened with your malaya.

I think its important to determine that we *all know* that fine table scratches will be easily polished out at likely a minimal loss, and realistically (unless something went seriously wrong with unsetting etc), BG would never actually come to having to replace my stone.
I guess the point of me posting that comment was to illustrate I was impressed with Brian''s response and level of commitment to my concerns. And also that his comments bought me alot of reassurance when I was quite distressed about the whole thing.

Considering how much attention this thread seems to have gotten, and the amount of time and effort that was put into my ring, I didn''t want to give lurkers or newbies a scare about using BGD if they read my story, kwim?

I hope you understand, and again I''m sorry if bringing that up causes an issue for you.
7.gif
Oh gosh no! You didn''t cause me any distress! I think that with all the interest this thread has generated, it would certainly benefit Brian to resolve all your concerns. (which he probably would have done anyway) I didn''t mean to make you feel bad about anything to do with me. Brian thought the chip in my ring was from shipping, which is neither here nor there. You already have a fab ring that will be even better once you get its little "bumps" ironed out.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ yet again you have created an absolutely stunning pice! The blue is sublime. Sorry to out of the loop but what is the stone size and is it heated?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 7:10:07 PM
Author: katebar
AJ yet again you have created an absolutely stunning pice! The blue is sublime. Sorry to out of the loop but what is the stone size and is it heated?

Cheers kate hon!
That''s ok, its a 2.02ct heated, Sri Lankan material. Measures 6.4 x 7.3 mm
5.gif

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
AJ, just gorgeous! Your sapphire is to die for! And the ring looks great on your hand. I''m sorry you have some issues with it, but hopefully everything will be resolved to your satisfaction.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring! It''s so beautiful! I keep coming back to this to stare at the sapphire -- it''s gorgeous.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely the ring, I like the size of the side diamonds, I prefer these over an all diamonds shank for your sapphire.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou very much
MTG
Porridge and ltl.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 1:10:31 PM
Author: DianaBanana
It's gorgeous AJ!!!!
30.gif
Love the transition detail on the shank. The ring is a perfect blend of classic and modern, what a great collaboration.
36.gif

Thankyou Diana! It is not as spectacular as your diamond-luscious creation, but it is more "me"
5.gif
I do wish but I could never pull off your lovely ring!

I'm glad you noticed that, as the sapphire has very modern lines, I think we found a good balance of classic and funky in the setting - which is why I like that shank detail.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 3:22:22 PM
Author: Deia
Date: 11/26/2009 7:57:59 AM

Your ring is just...well I can''t even find words to describe its beauty
30.gif

It looks absolutely perfect on your hand, and if I may say so your hand and nails look so pretty in this picture :)

You''re a very lucky lady!

That''s very kind, thankyou Deia.

And cheers Stone Hunter for your compliments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results