shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Sapphire complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 8:13:41 AM
Author: arjunajane
okay, well I have more but I''ll leave it here for now.

I hope folks enjoy the pics, and I promise the proper photoshoot will be a lil more creative/diverse
5.gif
Your ring photos for the informal photo shoot are much more thorough than the typical photos seen on PS! I''m looking forward to the proper photoshoot, though
1.gif

Your ring is gorgeous - what are the stats on the side diamonds? I really like the ring''s size/width and your sapphire is swoon-worthy. You will post all of your CADs and inspiration ring photos in the "proper photoshoot" thread???

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it looks simply amazing! That color!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 1:59:26 AM
Author: tsavvy
Date: 11/26/2009 8:13:41 AM

okay, well I have more but I''ll leave it here for now.

I hope folks enjoy the pics, and I promise the proper photoshoot will be a lil more creative/diverse
5.gif

Your ring photos for the informal photo shoot are much more thorough than the typical photos seen on PS! I''m looking forward to the proper photoshoot, though
1.gif

Your ring is gorgeous - what are the stats on the side diamonds? I really like the ring''s size/width and your sapphire is swoon-worthy. You will post all of your CADs and inspiration ring photos in the ''proper photoshoot'' thread???

ha ha, thanks tsavvy! I really wanted to go do another shoot today, but I didn''t end up having the time..I''ll try to get some more during the week though for sure.

Thankyou for the compliments on the ring - the side diamonds ended up totalling 0.28cts - I apologize as I don''t actually know the breakdown. They taper down in size *ever* so slightly.

I am happy that everyone is saying they like the side diamond proportions - if I''m being honest, I did start to think I could''ve gone a tad larger. But you guys have reinforced my decision
1.gif

You betcha, all Cads, the story etc will be revealed in a new SMTR thread when I have some better pics + time.
Cheers tsavvy!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 2:12:22 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
30.gif

Thanks dreamer! I can say without hesitation that if you are still looking to purchase a sapphire, Jeff''s photo''s are always spot on.
Actually, I would say the colour is twice as gorgeous IRL than the photos.

I must admit, before being on PS and seeing other members (and especially JW''s ones), I never really saw the appeal in blue sapphs before.
But now I completely get it - the richness of colour, the sparkle - just the Blue!
I''m a complete sapphire convert, lol!

Actually, good thing I''m outta jewellery $$ atm, or I would order a second one in a heartbeat
9.gif
11.gif
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
thought I would keep the thread interesting with a couple more pics from the other day -

deeper blue with side diamond fire:

DSC06042rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
side detail showing the platinum "armour plate" as Brian liked to refer to it - lol, a very guy-ish thing to call it right?
5.gif

DSC06112rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 5:06:35 AM

Hi AJ,

I live up in the hills but I work in the CBD. I know what you mean about the Perth jewellers especially the 'big names', their lack of knowledge is shocking! Stefans, I find good for services such as clean and polish but very overpriced and shonky for jewellery. I would never buy 'off the shelf' there. They are open to negotiation on loose stones however (if you show you know your stuff). I actually got the diamonds in my commitment ring from them - did all my internet research to find my perfect (certificated) stones and the lowest prices I could then gave the info to Stefans and they undercut the online prices to get my business. As a result I got a fabulous deal and great stones. LOL - they kept saying they're glad all their customers arent like me
1.gif
I would certainly consider using them again for stones, but only after I had done months of research on what I wanted and had very precise specs to give them.

Thanks for the link to the inporting thread - thats really good info. I will keep it in mind if I do get any rings made in US.

Have you tried the smaller one-man jewellers in the upper levels of London Court? I went round quite a few in the last month trying to find someone local to make a RHR (with some small coloured niamonds I've had lying loose for some time) and the guy I picked seemed to know what he was talking about. He's only recently gone independant. If it turns out OK I'll probably continue using him for convenience. Will post in a separate thread about the quality/workmanship/service etc once I pick up the ring.

Hey again MAC,
cheers for the further info on Stefans - thats cool that they undercut the internet price for you. May I ask what the cut quality is like that you purchased (or do you have a thread with specs etc)?
You're welcome on the importing thing - spread the word as much as you can to others.

I did actually have a vintage transitional diamond made into a bezel pendant by one of the London Court upstairs jewellers - at the time I was relatively happy with the work, and I didn't really consider a half ct pendant "worth it" to have done in the US, yanno..
But tbh, I know that if I had, say WF or BGD make it it would've turned out a bit nicer. It was well done, but just the milgrain and finish weren't quite there, kwim?

Do you mind to tell me the name of the store you're using? I have had a few other recommendations to use another guy in there, but when I went in to speak to him he seemed very arrogant etc..
If you know anything about my posts I am constantly on the hunt for any local recommendations (including E/S), so I would love to hear your report when you're finished with that guy
1.gif

When do you anticipate your ring to be completed?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, arjunajane!! It looks great on you!!! You have one of the most beautiful collection of rings I''ve seen on PS!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJJ,
I didn''t realize you had it set, and when I saw 13 pages of comments, I figured something was up, so I took a peak iback nside this thread. Your new ring is awesome!! Love the cutting, the color, and the ring. It''s so rare to find a well cut sapphire, and you did great!! Enjoy!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
AJ, I''ve been following this thread with interest. Lovely sapphire, blue heaven. I definitely see the charm of a blue sapphire through your wonderful photos in a completely new way! Thank you for being so generous with your sharing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
Your pictures are far better than BGD''s. I thought it was just "nice" but once I saw the hand shots.....it''s lovely and just right for your hand.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 3:48:13 AM

Oh, and the milgrain on this ring is Perfect imho...

I agree! It''s a beautiful ring, that''s for sure. Congrats!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 5:35:13 AM
Author: bling addict
Gorgeous new photos AJ -- I wouldn''t be able to stop staring at the gorgeous blue all day long!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for linking that AUSFTA thread -- was extremely interesting and helpful
36.gif
36.gif

Thankyou BA!
Actually, I don''t stop staring, lol..it''s quite funny really
40.gif

I hope the FTA thread becomes helpful to you - spread the word to friends and PS''ers where you can
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 5:25:15 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
30.gif
30.gif
I just have no words! It is BREATHTAKING! I can''t get over how LUSCIOUS BLUE and SPARKLY that sapphire is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Thanks CCN for your very kind comments, and also for your lovely blue being part of my inspiration to go after a sapphire in the first instance
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou kindly to Mochi and Tandogmom for your compliments.

Also thankyou Porridge and Packrat.

hey there LS, cheers for your comment - but where''s my "Blue-blingalicious" type post, huh lady?
9.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 9:27:39 AM
It''s been a real delight watching you go through this process AJ. You had a beautiful stone to work with. On a personal note, having shopped for sapphire e-rings with a girlfriend and watching her choose a ring that I advised her against with far less than perfect color and cut
14.gif
, I am now sure who I''m going to buy my sapphire from in the future. Your stone is dreamy. Then we all watched as you waited and waited for JM to get back to you when you were eager to work with him a second time. What his company displayed was not any form of customer service that I''d like to be involved with. I think that the ladies who got through their design, and setting or resetting process with him were lucky to get through the whole thing with their patience still intact. Lastly, having worked with two of our vendors already, and being satisfied but neither thrilled nor over the moon with the experience, I''ve decided to ''adopt'' B&L as my personal jeweler for my future projects and as you said a couple of pages back, the true measure of one of our vendors'' integrity is not how they handle a customer when things are good and there''s excitement on both ends for a project that''s underway, but how they react and follow through when there''s a problem or when the result was less than anticipated, and that''s enormously important as it pertains to the (somewhat crazy) ''remote location'' design and creation process that we use. I have every faith that Lesley and Brian will come through for you down to the last detail, but it will be interesting and informative watching this play out.

Then too........ you''re just a peach to correspond with kiddo! It''s been fun watching you create beautiful things.

To me, it''s all fun. The planning, the anticipation, the three dimensional reality. It''s my great escape! and I love it.

Hey GG,
aww you''re such a sweety. Really thankyou for such a heartfelt post, I do appreciate it.
You are always such a supportive and interested poster in my projects, and I value your input and enthusiasm.

I''m really glad that my experience with both JW and BGD has helped you decide who to shop with - you really can''t go wrong there imho.

*(oh, and just to clarify in case anyone missed my correction earlier in the thread - I have complete faith in Jim Meyer and his business practices - unfortunately I couldn''t say the same about Caleb Meyer when I attempted to work with them)
7.gif

And I''m with you 100% on the last bit GG - I love the planning, finding a stone and design elements almost as much as seeing the finished product (I did say almost)
9.gif

So for me, I''m not really one of those people who can say "well, as long as the quality is there in the end I don''t care how the vendor treats me".
To me the process is half of the fun / journey - which is why of course folk like B & L are a good match for folk like me.
5.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Arj, the more I see your photos the more beautiful that saph is! Just wondering... does Brian have any connections in your local area who could do any minor fixes ? I just hate to think you have to part with this ring while you are so excited about finally receiving it. But then again, it sounded like Jeff would need to do a little re- polishing ?
Please let us know when you have your plan . Your attitude is calm and we all have faith that you will be rewarded with a perfect result.
BTW- your Aussie flowers and plants are beautiful and very unique!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 2:38:26 AM

Date: 11/29/2009 2:12:22 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
30.gif

Thanks dreamer! I can say without hesitation that if you are still looking to purchase a sapphire, Jeff''s photo''s are always spot on.
Actually, I would say the colour is twice as gorgeous IRL than the photos.

I must admit, before being on PS and seeing other members (and especially JW''s ones), I never really saw the appeal in blue sapphs before.
But now I completely get it - the richness of colour, the sparkle - just the Blue!
I''m a complete sapphire convert, lol!

Actually, good thing I''m outta jewellery $$ atm, or I would order a second one in a heartbeat
9.gif
11.gif
3.gif
I was going to ask, so this is really good to know. I will have a saph one day!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for more pics! Can''t wait for the formal shoot!

Man, I''m craving something BLUE now!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 8:47:19 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
Beautiful ring, arjunajane!! It looks great on you!!! You have one of the most beautiful collection of rings I''ve seen on PS!

Thankyou Lucky, that''s very kind!
Actually, I''ve been meaning to do a group shoot - so I''ll put that on my list too now that I have some blue to add.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 9:28:06 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
AJJ,

I didn''t realize you had it set, and when I saw 13 pages of comments, I figured something was up, so I took a peak iback nside this thread. Your new ring is awesome!! Love the cutting, the color, and the ring. It''s so rare to find a well cut sapphire, and you did great!! Enjoy!!

Thankyou TL!
ha ha, yeah you''d want to figure in 13 pages there are at least *some* pics right
9.gif

Cheers for your compliments, although Jeff will have to take all the credit for the sapph!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 9:42:08 AM
Author: mariedtiger
AJ, I''ve been following this thread with interest. Lovely sapphire, blue heaven. I definitely see the charm of a blue sapphire through your wonderful photos in a completely new way! Thank you for being so generous with your sharing.

Hi marie,
you''re very welcome and thankyou for your kind compliments.
btw, I saw that wonderful zircon pendant for you in Julia''s completed list - that was so pretty and creative, have you received it yet?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I have and I''m really impressed with it! The craftmanship and "weight" of the piece is equal to the finest jewelry I have, the argentinium silver is great. The pendant is just wonderful. I''m waiting for another pendant from her so I can have a photo shoot.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 4:28:52 PM
Author: Chrono
AJ,

Your pictures are far better than BGD''s. I thought it was just ''nice'' but once I saw the hand shots.....it''s lovely and just right for your hand.

Thankyou C,
ha ha I could tell you were a bit "meh" about it before.
It really does feel like it was made around my hand, which is great as
1. I''ve got shorter fingers and
2.I''d never tried on a style like this before.
So it easily could''ve looked awful!
But somehow, the proportions all just seem to work really well and I love it on if I may say so
5.gif

Thanks lovey!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 4:52:06 PM
Author: pjean
Date: 11/27/2009 3:48:13 AM

Oh, and the milgrain on this ring is Perfect imho...

I agree! It''s a beautiful ring, that''s for sure. Congrats!

Thankyou pjean!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh how pretty!!!

I rarely venture into cs, I've just started to get the hang of colourless stones
2.gif
but goodness, this ring has me hooked!! I love the colour, and the design, it's so organic, somehow. Very methodical. The juxtaposition of that romantic milgraining and bead-set sides creates just the right amount of interest in the setting - once you peel your eyes away from the star...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 10:39:08 PM
Author: Spirit
Arj, the more I see your photos the more beautiful that saph is! Just wondering... does Brian have any connections in your local area who could do any minor fixes ? I just hate to think you have to part with this ring while you are so excited about finally receiving it. But then again, it sounded like Jeff would need to do a little re- polishing ?

Please let us know when you have your plan . Your attitude is calm and we all have faith that you will be rewarded with a perfect result.

BTW- your Aussie flowers and plants are beautiful and very unique!

hello Spirit, thankyou lovey.
No, Brian doesn''t know any jewellers here and frankly neither of us would like to go that route.
I am still in decision mode about the concerns with the ring - but *if* I did send it back, we will just be waiting until the xmas rush is over and everyone''s got bit more time on their hands.
So I would have had plenty of time to enjoy the ring in the mean while.
1.gif

Thankyou, I''m glad you find the pics interesting
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - now you know
5.gif
2.gif
I hope to see you own your dream sapph one day too.

Hey MTG - taking some more today - wish me luck my battery doesn't die, and than if *I* still have any energy after work today, I'll have enough pics to start my smtr thread.
2.gif
Lol, I'm already craving something else blue! I must keep reminding myself that I have both an aqua and a blue tourm with Julie, or I swear I'd be ordering something else
40.gif
41.gif

marie - I *loved* that pendant when I saw it, so different! I can't wait for your photoshoot, I bet they look lovely on you. was the design your idea, Julia's? You know I'm a fan of your collection, you always come up with such original pieces.

30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 2:05:50 AM
Author: yssie
Oooh how pretty!!!

I rarely venture into cs, I''ve just started to get the hang of colourless stones
2.gif
but goodness, this ring has me hooked!! I love the colour, and the design, it''s so organic, somehow. Very methodical. The juxtaposition of that romantic milgraining and bead-set sides creates just the right amount of interest in the setting - once you peel your eyes away from the star...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

aw, thanks yssie! There are *many* beautiful pieces in CS, so that is very kind of you to say.
I really like the way you''ve described the setting, thankyou for your compliments!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 2:30:08 AM

marie - I *loved* that pendant when I saw it, so different! I can''t wait for your photoshoot, I bet they look lovely on you. was the design your idea, Julia''s? You know I''m a fan of your collection, you always come up with such original pieces.

30.gif

Thanks for asking, you know it was the funniest thing, I described my personality and style and Julia came up with this design, and the other one with the amethyst and tourmaline. She''s really talented, because I love wearing the pendant and it looks like I''ve always had it, it''s such a match.

Thank you for your kind words, I can just say ditto, Arjunajane
9.gif
I love your pieces as well, and the diamond you recently got and now this blue sapphire open my eyes to things that I haven''t been aware of before. I''ve always thought blue sapphires aren''t for me, but I''ve definitely changed my mind now. This is such fun, I have projects for 20 years to come!

1.gif
Marie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results