shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Sapphire complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 1:55:09 PM
Author: gemgirl
It''s beautiful AJ. That stone is a heavenly color. I''m really looking forward to her ''formal'' photo shoot. I think you take the best color photos on PS.

I was wondering what color you were going to have your nails done, and I was thinking that pale pink or a French manicure would be nice because neither would compete with your saphh. Your nails look lovely
2.gif

I''m sorry you''re going to have to be without your ring for a while, but I''m sure Brian & Leslie will adress all your concerns and she''ll come back to you in perfect condition. And I forgot to say that I l
30.gif
ve the size of those diamonds!

Hey there GG!
Boy, you have been so enthusiastic in my entire thread, I''m so glad you like it in the end
3.gif

Cheers hon on the photos, that''s sweet of you to say - but honestly, this blue photographs itself, there wasn''t a bad picture in the bunch!
Thankyou too on the nails - I''ll be getting another mani before the "formal" photo shoot, lol - the things we do for PS huh
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 2:50:28 PM
Author: risingsun
The ring is gorgeous!! I love the detail on the shank. It really works and shows off the sapphire beautifully. I''m sorry you have had some issues with it, but it seems that those will be resolved to your satisfaction. When it is ready for it''s next photo shoot, I''ll be waiting
2.gif

Hey Marian,
thankyou for your kind comments and also your advice earlier in the thread.
Keep an eye on SMTR over the w''end
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 4:15:31 PM
Author: TravelingGal
You''re right AJ, that stone is to die for! Even though I didn''t buy the one JW stone I did see in person, the cutting was awesome. I can see why you''d be bummed when you saw the boo-boo''s on that puppy.

Well done!

ah, you and your cheeky ways - well at least I got you to agree with me
25.gif

Yup, I will absolutely be buying from Jeff again, he really is a master and a great guy to boot.

Ya, I was pretty bummed because otherwise the sapphire and the ring are just so perfect, yanno?
But tbh, I wore it and couldn''t take my eyes off it the whole day yesterday - even a one and half hour peak time errand I had to run after work was endlessly entertaining
9.gif

But honestly, I''m already getting over it. It''ll all be fixed somehow, so now I''m just enjoying the ring and not worrying about it really.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 4:37:02 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Stunning blueberry you have there.. !! I love the color, its gorgeous on your finger.. sugar its simply splendid.

Thankyoy SDL! I am stoked to have my own stunning blueberry, or "blue beauty" as Jeff refers to it, lol. I couldn''t have asked for a nicer stone (bigger maybe?
11.gif
) nah just kidding!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BA
35.gif

and also Laila - it really does almost photograph itself; I''m glad sapphires are not a difficult stone to photog. as I really wanted you guys to see the blues I see.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 5:19:44 PM
Oh gosh no! You didn''t cause me any distress! I think that with all the interest this thread has generated, it would certainly benefit Brian to resolve all your concerns. (which he probably would have done anyway) I didn''t mean to make you feel bad about anything to do with me. Brian thought the chip in my ring was from shipping, which is neither here nor there. You already have a fab ring that will be even better once you get its little ''bumps'' ironed out.

Thanks Cind
5.gif
I''m glad you''re cool with it, and cheers for your compliment.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 4:37:02 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Stunning blueberry you have there.. !! I love the color, its gorgeous on your finger.. sugar its simply splendid.

Thankyoy SDL! I am stoked to have my own stunning blueberry, or "blue beauty" as Jeff refers to it, lol. I couldn''t have asked for a nicer stone (bigger maybe?
11.gif
) nah just kidding!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 10:34:14 PM
Author: Lovinggems
Lovely the ring, I like the size of the side diamonds, I prefer these over an all diamonds shank for your sapphire.

Cheers LG. Me too - I did consider that option, but wanted to do something with a bit of a twist.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
AJ- I just spent about 20 minutes reading all 12 pages of your thread...your new ring is just beautiful! Congratulations on your anniversary, and on your gorgeous new ring!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 8:05:04 AM
Author: arjunajane
Just on the topic of platinum - I would love some input here.

I have read all the articles and older threads on plat and patinas etc, but would like to hear mbrs stories if possible...

I am a lil concerned as I don''t have a local jeweller here that I have a relationship with, who I could go to for polishing/maintenance.
I also have read that polishing plat is somewhat of a skill, and don''t want to take my BGD creation to just anyone...

Garry H is of the opinion not to polish it at all for at least a year or 2 and let the patina develop.

I would love to hear the thoughts of any plat ring owners in this thread - do you have yours polished, and if so how regularly?

And if by chance any WA residents come by here - any jeweller you can recommend for plat maintenance..?
Hi Arjunajane,

thats a beautiful stone - cant wait to see the finished project
1.gif
And I actually was looking at that Tsavorite - glad its gone to good home (and in WA!)

I''m in WA too and would recommend you use Stefans in Perth (on Hay Street) for polishing platinum rings - found them to be very good with my plat ring.

I clean it weekly with water and then a soft jewellers cloth and take it for polishing every 3-4 months, but I wear my ring 24-7 and I like my platinum to be quite shiny so that may be a bit more frequent than is strictly necessary for others.

I''ll be looking at everybodies fingers now (even more than I normally do
9.gif
) to see if I can spot your stones
31.gif

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
AJ, the finished ring is goooooooorgeous. The size and proportions are perfect.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 2:25:06 AM
Author: MAC-W

Hi Arjunajane,

thats a beautiful stone - cant wait to see the finished project
1.gif
And I actually was looking at that Tsavorite - glad its gone to good home (and in WA!)

I''m in WA too and would recommend you use Stefans in Perth (on Hay Street) for polishing platinum rings - found them to be very good with my plat ring.

I clean it weekly with water and then a soft jewellers cloth and take it for polishing every 3-4 months, but I wear my ring 24-7 and I like my platinum to be quite shiny so that may be a bit more frequent than is strictly necessary for others.

I''ll be looking at everybodies fingers now (even more than I normally do
9.gif
) to see if I can spot your stones
31.gif

Hey Mac, thankyou for your compliment and hello to a fellow Perth-ite!
I did buy that tsavorite, but ended up returning it. The colour and cutting were lovely, I''ve just been spoiled with wearing larger stones
2.gif

Really, you like Stefans? I''ve always found them to be a lil...can''t put my finger on it..shady? But that given, I''ve only ever browsed and haven''t used any of their services or products. Thanks for the tip though!
I will probably let the patina develop for at least a year to see if I like it, and then decide whether I want to keep a high polish look or no..I am very delicate and conscious of my rings when I wear them, and this will be an "every other day" ring.

May I ask what area you''re in? It''s always interesting to speak to someone local. I''m sure you won''t miss it if you see me pass by - I''ve never seen a sapphire this colour or quality in Perth - infact I couldn''t even find one I''d like to buy when I was trying stuff on for research...
Can''t wait to baffle the SA''s with this ring, lol..

btw, if you are importing any jewellery from the US, this thread over in RT is a must read. Try to pass the info on to other Aussies you chat to, it''s something all of us should be made aware of.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 1:14:53 AM
Author: szh07
AJ- I just spent about 20 minutes reading all 12 pages of your thread...your new ring is just beautiful! Congratulations on your anniversary, and on your gorgeous new ring!

wow szh, well done - it is a pretty extensive thread isn''t it?!
Thankyou so much for your comments, I appreciate them.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
jff, here''s a couple more from the photos taken yesterday -

sapphire and lil diamond fire..

DSC06081.edit.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
more kangaroo paw flowers..

DSC06033rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
side view.

Oh, and the milgrain on this ring is Perfect imho...completely even and I love that it was done in a *slightly* larger grain to suit the rest of the ring.
1.gif

Thanks all for looking!

DSC06054rs.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 3:38:42 AM

Hey Mac, thankyou for your compliment and hello to a fellow Perth-ite!
I did buy that tsavorite, but ended up returning it. The colour and cutting were lovely, I've just been spoiled with wearing larger stones
2.gif

Really, you like Stefans? I've always found them to be a lil...can't put my finger on it..shady? But that given, I've only ever browsed and haven't used any of their services or products. Thanks for the tip though!
I will probably let the patina develop for at least a year to see if I like it, and then decide whether I want to keep a high polish look or no..I am very delicate and conscious of my rings when I wear them, and this will be an 'every other day' ring.

May I ask what area you're in? It's always interesting to speak to someone local. I'm sure you won't miss it if you see me pass by - I've never seen a sapphire this colour or quality in Perth - infact I couldn't even find one I'd like to buy when I was trying stuff on for research...
Can't wait to baffle the SA's with this ring, lol..

btw, if you are importing any jewellery from the US, this thread over in RT is a must read. Try to pass the info on to other Aussies you chat to, it's something all of us should be made aware of.
5.gif
Hi AJ,

I live up in the hills but I work in the CBD. I know what you mean about the Perth jewellers especially the "big names", their lack of knowledge is shocking! Stefans, I find good for services such as clean and polish but very overpriced and shonky for jewellery. I would never buy 'off the shelf' there. They are open to negotiation on loose stones however (if you show you know your stuff). I actually got the diamonds in my commitment ring from them - did all my internet research to find my perfect (certificated) stones and the lowest prices I could then gave the info to Stefans and they undercut the online prices to get my business. As a result I got a fabulous deal and great stones. LOL - they kept saying they're glad all their customers arent like me
1.gif
I would certainly consider using them again for stones, but only after I had done months of research on what I wanted and had very precise specs to give them.

Thanks for the link to the inporting thread - thats really good info. I will keep it in mind if I do get any rings made in US.

Have you tried the smaller one-man jewellers in the upper levels of London Court? I went round quite a few in the last month trying to find someone local to make a RHR (with some small coloured niamonds I've had lying loose for some time) and the guy I picked seemed to know what he was talking about. He's only recently gone independant. If it turns out OK I'll probably continue using him for convenience. Will post in a separate thread about the quality/workmanship/service etc once I pick up the ring.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new photos AJ -- I wouldn''t be able to stop staring at the gorgeous blue all day long!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for linking that AUSFTA thread -- was extremely interesting and helpful
36.gif
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
I just have no words! It is BREATHTAKING! I can''t get over how LUSCIOUS BLUE and SPARKLY that sapphire is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Goodness. Your ring is gorgeous, your pictures are breath takingly beautiful!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Everything about your ring is PERFECTION. Enjoy every minute of wearing it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2009 12:44:27 AM

It''s beautiful AJ. That stone is a heavenly color. I''m really looking forward to her ''formal'' photo shoot. I think you take the best color photos on PS.

I was wondering what color you were going to have your nails done, and I was thinking that pale pink or a French manicure would be nice because neither would compete with your saphh. Your nails look lovely
2.gif

I''m sorry you''re going to have to be without your ring for a while, but I''m sure Brian & Leslie will adress all your concerns and she''ll come back to you in perfect condition. And I forgot to say that I l
30.gif

Hey there GG!
Boy, you have been so enthusiastic in my entire thread, I''m so glad you like it in the end
3.gif

Cheers hon on the photos, that''s sweet of you to say - but honestly, this blue photographs itself, there wasn''t a bad picture in the bunch!
Thankyou too on the nails - I''ll be getting another mani before the ''formal'' photo shoot, lol - the things we do for PS huh
9.gif
It''s been a real delight watching you go through this process AJ. You had a beautiful stone to work with. On a personal note, having shopped for sapphire e-rings with a girlfriend and watching her choose a ring that I advised her against with far less than perfect color and cut
14.gif
, I am now sure who I''m going to buy my sapphire from in the future. Your stone is dreamy. Then we all watched as you waited and waited for JM to get back to you when you were eager to work with him a second time. What his company displayed was not any form of customer service that I''d like to be involved with. I think that the ladies who got through their design, and setting or resetting process with him were lucky to get through the whole thing with their patience still intact. Lastly, having worked with two of our vendors already, and being satisfied but neither thrilled nor over the moon with the experience, I''ve decided to "adopt" B&L as my personal jeweler for my future projects and as you said a couple of pages back, the true measure of one of our vendors'' integrity is not how they handle a customer when things are good and there''s excitement on both ends for a project that''s underway, but how they react and follow through when there''s a problem or when the result was less than anticipated, and that''s enormously important as it pertains to the (somewhat crazy) "remote location" design and creation process that we use. I have every faith that Lesley and Brian will come through for you down to the last detail, but it will be interesting and informative watching this play out.

Then too........ you''re just a peach to correspond with kiddo! It''s been fun watching you create beautiful things.
To me, it''s all fun. The planning, the anticipation, the three dimensional reality. It''s my great escape! and I love it.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 9:27:39 AM

Date: 11/27/2009 12:44:27 AM

2.gif

30.gif

Hey there GG!
3.gif

Thankyou too on the nails - I''ll be getting another mani before the ''formal'' photo shoot, lol - the things we do for PS huh
9.gif
It''s been a real delight watching you go through this process AJ. You had a beautiful stone to work with. On a personal note, having shopped for sapphire e-rings with a girlfriend and watching her choose a ring that I advised her against with far less than perfect color and cut
14.gif
, I am now sure who I''m going to buy my sapphire from in the future. Your stone is dreamy. Then we all watched as you waited and waited for JM to get back to you when you were eager to work with him a second time. What his company displayed was not any form of customer service that I''d like to be involved with. I think that the ladies who got through their design, and setting or resetting process with him were lucky to get through the whole thing with their patience still intact. Lastly, having worked with two of our vendors already, and being satisfied but neither thrilled nor over the moon with the experience, I''ve decided to ''adopt'' B&L as my personal jeweler for my future projects and as you said a couple of pages back, the true measure of one of our vendors'' integrity is not how they handle a customer when things are good and there''s excitement on both ends for a project that''s underway, but how they react and follow through when there''s a problem or when the result was less than anticipated, and that''s enormously important as it pertains to the (somewhat crazy) ''remote location'' design and creation process that we use. I have every faith that Lesley and Brian will come through for you down to the last detail, but it will be interesting and informative watching this play out.

Then too........ you''re just a peach to correspond with kiddo! It''s been fun watching you create beautiful things.
To me, it''s all fun. The planning, the anticipation, the three dimensional reality. It''s my great escape! and I love it.
AJ, were you going to work with JM again for this project but didn''t have good feedback from him or something? The reason I ask is because I had contacted him about doing a setting for my tsavorite. He told me to email him a picture of my stone and my setting ideas. He said he wouldn''t be able to do anything until Jan. or Feb. I enailed him the info., but have not heard anything back from him. I thought he would at least acknowledge my email. So this is making me wonder if he does not want to work with customer''s stones anymore.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 8:21:44 AM
Date: 11/26/2009 8:14:31 AM

Author: Porridge

*gasp* more, more, more!!!

That is the most beautiful sapphire I have ever seen, and the setting is just perfect with it.

I hope the other issues either become insignificant or are resolved quickly and painlessly!

thanks sweetie - ok, one more for porridge - my fave version of its'' personality..although they''re all pretty fun
2.gif
YUM!! Look at the colour of that thing...it makes me want to dive right into it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone, thankyou for all your comments - I don't have much time right now, but I want to clear one thing up.

I had a *perfect* experience with James Meyer and have had a couple communications about other projects since.
Cind - as far as I am aware his policy has not changed, but I haven't spoken to him in a couple months.

It was actually Caleb Meyer that had crappy customer service and did my head in whilst only trying to get a quote from them.

I wanted to make this important distinction as Jim is lovely and in my book doesn't deserve any bad press.

Gemgirl - your post was really heart felt and I very much appreciate it, I just thought I better clear up this point quickly
5.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Your ring turned out beautifully, AJ. It looks lovely on your hand! What a sparkler.

LS

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Popping in again to admire your ring some more!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 9:04:31 PM
Hello everyone, thankyou for all your comments - I don''t have much time right now, but I want to clear one thing up.

I had a *perfect* experience with James Meyer and have had a couple communications about other projects since.
Cind - as far as I am aware his policy has not changed, but I haven''t spoken to him in a couple months.

It was actually Caleb Meyer that had crappy customer service and did my head in whilst only trying to get a quote from them.

I wanted to make this important distinction as Jim is lovely and in my book doesn''t deserve any bad press.

Gemgirl - your post was really heart felt and I very much appreciate it, I just thought I better clear up this point quickly
5.gif
Thanks for clearing JM''s name quickly, I was frantically searching for negative comments on JM from you but I don''t believe I''ve read such comments, I thought Gemgirl might have been referring to LM, but I believe you never worked with him before.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 9:04:31 PM
Hello everyone, thankyou for all your comments - I don''t have much time right now, but I want to clear one thing up.

Cind - as far as I am aware his policy has not changed, but I haven''t spoken to him in a couple months.

I wanted to make this important distinction as Jim is lovely and in my book doesn''t deserve any bad press.

5.gif
I''m glad you cleared that up. I had a great experience with Jim when he set my sapphire. He didn''t say he wouldn''t set my tsavorite. He''s probably really busy with Christmas and that is why he hasn''t replied to the email I sent him.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
No worries LG and Cind - yeah, I wouldn't want anyone thinking I had anything bad to say about Jim!
I loved working with him and hope to again, if I'm lucky more than once
5.gif

You're correct LG - I haven't worked with LM, have had a few convo's with mixed results - likely he is not right for me.

It was Caleb Meyer's *assistants* that I had an issue with. I won't say CM himself as I've never had the chance to speak to him (his staff wouldn't let me
33.gif
).
Frankly, I found them to be the complete opposite vibe of Jim's business - stand-offish, not looking to help, impolite and most importantly, seemingly disinterested in me or my business.

I believe the thread Gemgirl is referring to is one where I was very excited to have them set my GOG cushion, but after numerous attempts on both email and phone I couldn't get a straight answer out of them on just a simple quote on a stock item, so I gave up.
(I don't blame you though GG, I have had a lot of projects going and we use so many similar abbreviations around here!).

It was frustrating, so I think (although CM makes amazing designs I would love to own), I will be sticking with Jim for the future.

Cind - if I was in the US I wouldn't hesitate to just give Jim a friendly call. Last time I emailed he also mentioned that he was full up til Jan, so like you suggested he is probably just running hot with the xmas rush.
I've found him to be more of a phone person just generally too.
Can't wait to see what ideas you have in store for your tsavorite!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results