shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen 6 prong knife edge vs. Vatche U113 vs. Tiffany & Co. Classic

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
I tried on both the Vatche and the James Allen and I personally preferred James Allen. Vatche was a bit too... substantial for my taste. James Allen felt a bit more delicate.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you by chance remember the point size of the diamonds in your eternity band?

according to the paperwork from ID Jewelry, the ring is a size 4.75 (my R hand is bigger), 1.55ctw and 21 diamonds. So that would mean they are roughly 7 pointers

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
according to the paperwork from ID Jewelry, the ring is a size 4.75 (my R hand is bigger), 1.55ctw and 21 diamonds. So that would mean they are roughly 7 pointers

Thank you so much! It is perfect!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant wait to see it!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My Glamour Shots are here!!! I am having the prongs of the solitaire tweaked slightly (I think they are just a hair too square/boxy) but I am over the moon!!!! The adjustment will be made on Monday, and my new rings should arrive on Tuesday... needless to say, I cannot wait!!! I will report back via "Show Me the Bling" with additional images and a full report/review on my custom Whiteflash rings. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone here at PriceScope! This forum has been unbelievably helpful, and I am ever so grateful. And I could not be more thrilled with Whiteflash... More to come!!

In the meantime, do you have any suggestions for the prongs? The classic Tiffany solitaire was my inspiration, and these are very close. I asked for blunt ends (not pointy or clawed) but I feel like maybe they need to be slightly more rounded/softened on the top? Or are they perfect as-is?

Thank you again!!!

4.jpg
3.jpg
Custom-Shared-Prong-Full-Eternity-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_50611_36768_g.jpg 5.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 37

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

I’d like the prongs more pointy, they’re very square and might look heavy!

Gorgeous ring!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
599E89F1-3FC4-48BB-8F7E-F49937B73A0D.jpeg
It looks like WF nailed it. The prongs look very much like Tiffany! They may be slightly shorter, that should be an easy fix. What an amazing wedding set - wow!!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks like WF nailed it. The prongs look very much like Tiffany! They may be slightly shorter, that should be an easy fix. What an amazing wedding set - wow!!

Thank you, I cannot tell you how helpful you have been and what an inspiration your rings and diamonds were during this process!!! :)

Yes, maybe slightly shorter... or ever so slightly rounded/angled at the tips?? It is such a slight adjustment that I want, and I cannot seem to find the right words or even identify exactly what I want!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful!!! I love the glamour shots! Your prongs look very similar to my original prongs. I had asked for Tiffany 'tabbed' prongs but thought mine looked too flat-edged and covered too much of the crown facets. So I went through every Tiffany solitare photo online and the attached photo is my favorite of the Tiffany 'tabs'. Keep in mind Tiffany prongs are NOT consistent across their rings. I had WF make adjustments to my prongs based on this photo. It didn't turn out exactly the same, as the Tiffany tabs are slightly wider and more rounded than mine, but I like them much better than the original. If you want, you can send WF these photos for your adjustments. Hope this helps! tiffanyprongs.jpg cb-wf.jpg

Last edited:

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful!!! I love the glamour shots! Your prongs look very similar to my original prongs. I had asked for Tiffany 'tabbed' prongs but thought mine looked too flat-edged and covered too much of the crown facets. So I went through every Tiffany solitare photo online and the attached photo is my favorite of the Tiffany 'tabs'. Keep in mind Tiffany prongs are NOT consistent across their rings. I had WF make adjustments to my prongs based on this photo. It didn't turn out exactly the same, as the Tiffany tabs are slightly wider and more rounded than mine, but I like them much better than the original. If you want, you can send WF these photos for your adjustments. Hope this helps! tiffanyprongs.jpg cb-wf.jpg

Thank you, CareBear!!! This is perfect and oh so helpful!! So glad to know I am not the only one who been souring the Internet looking at prongs... I have spent hours! o_O And also very interesting to know that Tiffany tabs are not consistent. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Thank you again!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see photos once you receive your new rings!
Based on the WF photos, your rings are stunning! :love: :love: :love:
Your eternity band is going to be incredible on your hand!
Love that setting so much!
And, your solitaire diamond? Spectacular!

Concerning tabs, I think its a matter of personal preference.
No right or wrong, so go with what appeals to your eyes.
I don't think any of the slight variations to prong shape will impact the security of the setting.

Bet the weekend will seem very long as you anxiously await your new rings.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see photos once you receive your new rings!
Based on the WF photos, your rings are stunning! :love: :love: :love:
Your eternity band is going to be incredible on your hand!
Love that setting so much!
And, your solitaire diamond? Spectacular!

Concerning tabs, I think its a matter of personal preference.
No right or wrong, so go with what appeals to your eyes.
I don't think any of the slight variations to prong shape will impact the security of the setting.

Bet the weekend will seem very long as you anxiously await your new rings.

Thank you so much!! I am positively ecstatic! And regarding the prongs, yes, I agree and such a perfect way of saying it... absolutely no right or wrong! Yet it is so nice to find a group of people who love to analyze every single detail to death right along with me! I'm sure most people wouldn't even think twice about such things, LOL!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d wait to judge the prongs in person I find whiteflashes photos very stark and are not always the most flattering. I think they look like what you asked for. Just see t on your hand

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OK, so a few more hours of scouring the web, and I have found my absolute favorite prongs... I am going to ask Whiteflash to soften mine slightly so they look like these (on top and two on bottom... mine is in the middle). I think it would just require slight rounding of the tips and softening of the sides?

IMG_0883.jpg
current.jpg
3.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 10.56.48 AM.png
final-side-angle.jpg

And here is another one that is almost identical...

Tiffany-Co-Engagement-Ring-Cover-1024x1024.jpg Tiffany-Co-Engagement-Ring-top-view-1024x1024.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh these are perfect!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree! I wouldn't touch those prongs. Remember that you're looking at a VERY enlarged photo. They will be much more delicate IRL. WF did an amazing job. If it's Tiffany you're going for, LEAVE THE PRONGS ALONE. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think msops tab prongs are the best example

Here are some photos, from super enlarged to closer to IRL (so you can see how different they are, depending on the level of enlargement)...

I asked Caysie (of CVB) to do petite tab prongs reminiscent of vintage Tiffany & Co. They are also very low profile from the outer edge. I think she nailed it.

CVB Soli Cefdinir.jpg CVB Soli with bezel eternity_1.jpg

7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone_CVB_soli.jpg DK Halo with CVB ering 1.jpg

Attachments

• CVB Soli Rx Azith Box.jpg
    CVB Soli Rx Azith Box.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 67
  • CVB Soli Rx Lab Coat.jpg
    CVB Soli Rx Lab Coat.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DK Wire Band _plat_1.jpg
    DK Wire Band _plat_1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 51

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Msop’s prongs are BETTER than Tiffany’s! My favorite PS tab prongs!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop's or Care Bear's is what I'd go by, but what they've done already is not bad at all. These are TINY in person! Look at mine in my avatar picture. They look like little dots in person! Remember that!

Last edited:

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Msop’s prongs are BETTER than Tiffany’s! My favorite PS tab prongs!

Yes, I agree!! :) I am going to send them to Whiteflash... and I love how they are reminiscent of vintage Tiffany! Just beautiful!! Thank you all for this wonderful input!! It has been SO helpful!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree!! :) I am going to send them to Whiteflash... and I love how they are reminiscent of vintage Tiffany! Just beautiful!! Thank you all for this wonderful input!! It has been SO helpful!!
I wish I had sent msop's photos! I can't wait to see how they turn out! Hopefully we'll get to see handshots this week!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results