shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen 6 prong knife edge vs. Vatche U113 vs. Tiffany & Co. Classic

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
with customization it will still be several hundred $ cheaper AND it will be ready a week sooner ;-)

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi charlotteyork,
Just a quick tip on Vatche. They don't cast 900/10 plat anymore. Their standard is 950 irid which I ended up getting in my ring. So far it is great, but I also like patina, so it is not a big deal to me to have some scratches. I have not had any problems with softness, cracking, or the ring going out of round. Here is a link about Vatche casting:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-mix-does-vatche-use-now.225281/#post-4088803

Thank you! :)

Lore

Rough_Rock
I absolutely LOVE this setting, your ring is gorgeous! I decided to go with the WhiteFlash knife-edge with some modifications/customizations as the diamond I have selected is with WF, and they also have the custom eternity band I want... so a one stop shop! The width of the WF setting is 2 mm at the bottom to 2.5 mm at the top. Here is a link https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-734.htm

Fantastic! Which customizations did you decide on? Which metal did you end up with? Can't wait to see the finished product - WF does good work.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Today we bought my diamond from Whiteflash, I am SOOOO excited!!!! It is a 3.106 carat A CUT ABOVE® (ACA) Hearts and Arrows diamond with a clarity grade of SI1 (eye clean) and color grade of I. Whiteflash is known for their stringency in declaring a stone "eye clean" and this one passed the test! I was also worried about purchasing an I diamond, but after seeing the ACA I diamonds acquired by @HappyNewLife (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-937-carat-whiteflash-aca.235381/) and @m-b-2 (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-5-ct-whiteflash-aca.210847/) from Whiteflash, I realized I had nothing to worry about! The ideal ACA cut apparently makes them look whiter! Plus, I figured if an I is good enough for Tiffany's it is good enough for me. (I is the lowest color they carry.) I cannot believe we made such a huge purchase sight unseen, but after thoroughly researching Whiteflash and reading everyone's experiences here, we felt confident about our decision.

After analyzing to death all of the Tiffany style settings available under the sun, I decided to have Whiteflash custom design mine using @Lore's (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-semi-custom-knife-edge-w-aca.227819/) and the original from Tiffany's and as the guide. My eternity band will be an exact replica - down to the ring size! - of the one @vespergirl had WF make for her (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ernity-its-finally-here-loads-of-pics.117411/).

Now I just have to wait!!!! It will take 3-4 weeks to complete my ring, and I will be counting down the days!!!! I will have a CAD rendering of the designs within seven days. In the meantime, here is a picture Whiteflash sent to me of my diamond (in a spring ring)!

Thank you SO much for all of your help and guidance!!!

IMG_8999.jpg

Last edited:

Lore

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the result! Did you end up going with Plat 90/10 on both rings?

Be sure to come back to this post and share some pics and/or links to your future Show me the Bling thread. :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazeballs! Can’t wait for final pics!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible! Can't wait until you get the final ring!!! :love::love::love:

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sheerah at WF is going to pull the stone today and send me pictures of it in a "spring ring" so I can get a better idea of how it will look in real life and on the finger! I am SO excited!!

I'm just going to start by saying Sheerah is amazing and one of the very best who have been working at Whiteflash. She has been looking after me for years. Her phenomenal customer service and 'can do, let's see what I can do to help' attitude is amazing.

And all the very best - that is so exciting! I was going to say 'that's an interesting setting' until I saw it was a spring ring. What an amazing diamond!

You'll be more than fine with an 'I' - especially as an ICA, it'll be all sparkles and wowsers when you receive it.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the result! Did you end up going with Plat 90/10 on both rings?

Be sure to come back to this post and share some pics and/or links to your future Show me the Bling thread. :)

Hi Lore and thank you so much for all of your inspiration! I sent all the pictures of your gorgeous ring to Whiteflash, I just love it! I went with the PT950 with RU. I discussed it with Whiteflash, and they said " I think PT950 with RU will be an excellent choice and I don’t think there is really any practical reason to go to the 90/10—as though it is technically harder, there really isn’t a huge visible difference you will see!" But I would love your thoughts... I had never heard of the 90/10, so I really don't know. I could probably still change it if you really feel passionately about it!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm just going to start by saying Sheerah is amazing and one of the very best who have been working at Whiteflash. She has been looking after me for years. Her phenomenal customer service and 'can do, let's see what I can do to help' attitude is amazing.

And all the very best - that is so exciting! I was going to say 'that's an interesting setting' until I saw it was a spring ring. What an amazing diamond!

You'll be more than fine with an 'I' - especially as an ICA, it'll be all sparkles and wowsers when you receive it.

Thank you, Tanalasta! Sheerah has been an absolute dream to work with, and I could not be more excited about my new ring!! LOL on the "spring ring" setting... I will definitely have to post an update once the rings are complete! :)

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks amazing and HUGE! I also have a WF ACA I color and it looks very white. Only a measley 1.84 ct though!

Lore

Rough_Rock
Hi Lore and thank you so much for all of your inspiration! I sent all the pictures of your gorgeous ring to Whiteflash, I just love it! I went with the PT950 with RU. I discussed it with Whiteflash, and they said " I think PT950 with RU will be an excellent choice and I don’t think there is really any practical reason to go to the 90/10—as though it is technically harder, there really isn’t a huge visible difference you will see!" But I would love your thoughts... I had never heard of the 90/10, so I really don't know. I could probably still change it if you really feel passionately about it!

It's really just the hardness and some other information that I've gathered through the forums that made me decide on 90/10 iridium. Her ring does have a much "whiter" look to it than my own platinum PT950 wedding band which is a bit more "metallic" in appearance.

If you've already gotten it with PT950 with RU then just stick with it - I'm sure it'll be amazing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the harder platinum alloys are absolutely fine. I have rings in both and can't tell them apart!

Your diamond is gorgeous! You will have a dream wedding set for sure!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe I missed it, but what wedding ring did you order?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's really just the hardness and some other information that I've gathered through the forums that made me decide on 90/10 iridium. Her ring does have a much "whiter" look to it than my own platinum PT950 wedding band which is a bit more "metallic" in appearance.

If you've already gotten it with PT950 with RU then just stick with it - I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Thank you! Yes, I think I'll just stick with that... but I really appreciate the information!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
maybe I missed it, but what wedding ring did you order?

My wedding band will be an exact replica - down to the ring size! - of the one @vespergirl had WF make for her (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ernity-its-finally-here-loads-of-pics.117411/).

Also I don't know if I already told you this, but I have you to thank for helping find my diamond! As I was obsessing over your ring reveal, I found a link to your stone on WF. When I clicked on it, mine came up as an "alternative option" and I immediately fell in love! I had been looking at several others, but none spoke to me the way this one did... especially after seeing your gorgeous, sparkly ring! We will have twin diamonds!! :)

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on this exciting project!!!! I think you'll be blown away at how beautiful BOTH rings are :roll2:. We can't wait to see pictures and hand shots!!!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding band will be an exact replica - down to the ring size! - of the one @vespergirl had WF make for her (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ernity-its-finally-here-loads-of-pics.117411/).

Also I don't know if I already told you this, but I have you to thank for helping find my diamond! As I was obsessing over your ring reveal, I found a link to your stone on WF. When I clicked on it, mine came up as an "alternative option" and I immediately fell in love! I had been looking at several others, but none spoke to me the way this one did... especially after seeing your gorgeous, sparkly ring! We will have twin diamonds!! :)

yay, awesome! I have a 1.55ct eternity band and I love it. I wear it on my right hand though. Wanna see what ~3ct looks like with a ~1.6ctw eternity?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh yes
yay, awesome! I have a 1.55ct eternity band and I love it. I wear it on my right hand though. Wanna see what ~3ct looks like with a ~1.6ctw eternity?

Oh yes, I would love that!! Thank you!!!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: Platinum - Tiffany use Platinum/ruthenium. It’s harder, harder to work with but is more “grey” than iridium. To each their own.

Whiteflash default to 95/5 Pt/Ir I think. You can request other alloys. It’s easier to cast, looks bright shiny white. Softer.

There is nothing wrong with either. We have owned both!!!

That’s a stunning diamond. My tip - ask Sheerah nicely to get the photographer to take some extra glamour shots for you so you can post them here!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oops too late to edit. I’m sure WF if you order your rings together, they can polish and manufacture them to sit flush. Ask for photos of them together and seperately once finished :) my experience with Whiteflash is if you know to ask, you’ll receive! Eg. Do you want one ring box holding both rings or two?

I’m so excited for you! We got our matching engagement and wedding rings in a custom design from WF and couldn’t be happier.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Ooooohhhhh!!!! SO gorgeous!!!! My eternity band will be pretty much identical in size, and I was trying to visualize how it would look with a three carat diamond... now I know, and I LOVE IT!!! This is perfect, and the next 3-4 weeks are going to go by sooooo slowly! Thank you for sharing these pictures!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: Platinum - Tiffany use Platinum/ruthenium. It’s harder, harder to work with but is more “grey” than iridium. To each their own.

Whiteflash default to 95/5 Pt/Ir I think. You can request other alloys. It’s easier to cast, looks bright shiny white. Softer.

There is nothing wrong with either. We have owned both!!!

That’s a stunning diamond. My tip - ask Sheerah nicely to get the photographer to take some extra glamour shots for you so you can post them here!

Thank you for the compliment, I can hardly wait!!! I really didn't know much about iridium, but I knew Tiffany's used ruthenium, so that was honestly my deciding factor.

And yes, the rings will be made together... I was going to go with WF's knife-edge solitaire, but they encouraged me to do custom instead (which will cost about the same amount as the Vatche I was also considering) based on the specifications I was requesting. With custom rings, they can make sure they work perfectly together, and also get the exact scale and details I like.

Does Sheerah do the glamour shots after the rings are complete? I will definitely ask her!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks amazing and HUGE! I also have a WF ACA I color and it looks very white. Only a measley 1.84 ct though!

I am loving all these WF ACA Is!!! And I would hardly call 1.84 measly... your ring is gorgeous!!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello. They have professional photographers. Sheerah can however put a note on file re: any additional requests! Enjoy the experience. We also went custom with Whiteflash and was very happy with the end result.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new ER!:appl: Make sure you post your new beauty in the SMTB WF ACA thread when you receive it!:wavey:

Lore

Rough_Rock
When the photographer emails you the first round of photos, you'll know the rings are done. I replied and asked them to take a few more and they gladly obliged.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results