clarity

#TBT It's here! Marquise E-Ring from WF

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Super elegant. Love it! :))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: W!!! And I don't even like marquise! Most beautiful set one I have ever seen! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LouMom

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1378400697|3515043 said:
When's the proposal? That ring needs to be worn NOW!!!!!!!

Ditto! It's lovely!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is stunning and completely unique. I'm probably going to dream about it tonight!!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I love the setting!

hguy4x

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys for all the compliments! I can't wait to give it to her (and give her the responsibility of keeping it safe. =P)

gemmyblond|1378323206|3514510 said:
Love love love this ring - gorgeous! The combo of the trellis w/ the entwined branches and marquise is unique & fab. Congrats!
Would love to hear more specifics about how you designed the setting and worked w WF on it (if you feel like sharing).
Awesome ring. :love:

As for designing the ring, I initially went with a marquise shape because of the cost:finger coverage ratio was low. After googling marquise settings, I didn't really find any that I liked. It was either way too vintage looking or pretty gaudy (in my opinion). After really liking Verragio setting (but not the Verragio price) and some of their braided pave, I think i stumbled upon a image of a ShaneCo setting with a marquise diamond photoshopped on it and I knew I had a starting point for the setting. Luckily there's a ShaneCo store 10 minutes from my house, so I went to take a look at the setting and some of the marquise stones they had there. But I really didn't like the head part of the mount. It looked half-ass'd and the ShaneCo rep was trying to push me to buy the semi-mount as is (with a generic marquise setting). So thus online I went.
Link to Shane Co setting:
http://www.shaneco.com/Jewelry-Catalog/Design-Your-Own/Rings/Engagement-Rings/Product-Detail.aspx?X=41046616

I came up with the idea of combining the shank and the head into something more organic and nature-y. The image of a money tree or braided vines was my inspiration for searching on how it would come together. So back to googling I went. I pretty much searched through all the preferred vendors' websites for settings (JA, WF, GOG, Leon Mege, Victor Canera, Steve Kirsh, etc etc etc). Found a head that I really liked from D. Vatche (I think i found out about D Vatche through GOG or WF's website, they both offer D. Vatche settings).
Link to D. Vatche setting:
http://www.dvatche.com/index.php?page=collection&catID=2,15&startRow=30&id=35

Initially I was working with both JA on procuring the diamond. They were incredibly helpful and stayed in communication throughout the process. But upon asking about the custom setting (just simply sent them an email saying want this shank but with a head/setting like this and would work with a marquise), they called me and told me that their custom design team said "the head wouldn't work with a marquise". No knock on JA. I would still use them without hesitation in the future.

Thus WF came into the picture, Victoria was incredibly helpful throughout the process. Sent her pretty much the same email I sent JA (want a shank like ShaneCo, head like D. Vatche but works with a marquise). She said no problem. Worked with her to get a diamond and then she sent the order to their production team to work on the custom design.

Leon handled all my custom design emails. He emailed me with an initial CAD ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cads-are-in-for-my-fis-marquise-e-ring.192101/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cads-are-in-for-my-fis-marquise-e-ring.192101/[/URL]). Initial reaction was that I didn't like it. There were elements of it that I did like and elements of it that I didn't like. I sent Leon what I would like to have changed with some pictures (Verragio braid, Victor Canera braid). They came back with a revised CAD that was awesome. Told them to make it and now it's in my hands.

The whole process from initially contacting WF took a little under 2 months. 1 month to find the center stone (cuz I was being picky). 1 month for them to design the setting, revise the setting and make and shipping the finished product. Overall, they were either on time with their ETAs or faster (revised CADs took about 1/2 the time that they allotted themselves).

Thanks again to all the people on this forum, Niel esp with giving advice to my previous threads about picking a good marquise and with the setting!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1378403022|3515080 said:
W :love: W!!! And I don't even like marquise! Most beautiful set one I have ever seen! :appl: :appl: :appl:

right? I'm pissed off that I put my old marquise in a cocktail ring. I want THIS ONE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

hguy you couldn't have done a better job. The way you put all the different elements together is just amazing. She's gonna FREAK when she sees it!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, hguy4x, for the detailed insight into your inspiration and design process. Very educational; the tremendous time and effort which you put in really shows in this gorgeous ring.
You've created a unique, stunning, oh-so-elegant-yet-wearable masterpiece which is just beyond. Just a masterpiece.
Please return and post handshots post-proposal. Meantime, enjoy the fruit of your hard work - it's a knockout. :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING ring!!! Love the half pave half plain twist shank. So, so elegant. Congratulations and happy wishes to the both of you!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to say that is the most gorgeous setting I have ever seen with a marquise! It is perfect and delicate. Most of the settings I have seen with a marquise are quite a bit heavier and kind of standard. Your setting is amazing. What a great job WF did! It is beautiful, can't wait to see the hand shots!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that ring is STUNNING!! Can't wait to see hand shots!

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! Please come back and post hand shots!

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
That ring is absolute perfection! You've really captured your girlfriend's style, I think! Great job!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes you run into pairings that just fit together and you wonder how it's possible that this is a new idea, how it's possible that this isn't just the Way It's Always Done, because it's just so obviously perfect... This has to be the most perfect setting for a marquise I've ever seen!!
:love: :sun: :appl: :appl: :appl:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1378433102|3515417 said:
I would have to say that is the most gorgeous setting I have ever seen with a marquise! It is perfect and delicate. Most of the settings I have seen with a marquise are quite a bit heavier and kind of standard. Your setting is amazing. What a great job WF did! It is beautiful, can't wait to see the hand shots!

Ditto what she said. This is my most favorite marquise ring. Reminds me of something that fits a princess.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING!!!!! The setting takes it from beautiful to superb!!!

BubblesnFun

Rough_Rock
I just LOVE what you have designed with WF!!! The ring is so stunning- I am sure your to-be fiance will be thrilled! I find the marquis shape very intriguing, but as you said, a lot of the settings make it look dated. Your mission of beauty and fluidity came through perfectly :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful marquise. And the intertwined shank :love:
It's a gorgeous design.

hguy4x

Rough_Rock
Guess it's time for some handshots!

Proposed over the weekend at Land's End Trail in San Francisco. I sang her a song that I wrote while I was waiting for the ring to be made. She was completely surprised about the entire thing. Even to the point when I was picking up my guitar, she was thinking "uh... why is hguy4x stealing that family's guitar?" That "family" being a handful of our close friends of course. :D

i-kn9cnm6-l.jpg
i-67qj8tq-xl.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hguy4x|1379008840|3519535 said:
Guess it's time for some handshots!

Proposed over the weekend at Land's End Trail in San Francisco. I sang her a song that I wrote while I was waiting for the ring to be made. She was completely surprised about the entire thing. Even to the point when I was picking up my guitar, she was thinking "uh... why is hguy4x stealing that family's guitar?" That "family" being a handful of our close friends of course. :D

i-kn9cnm6-l.jpg
i-67qj8tq-xl.jpg

it's AWESOME!!! And I can tell by her clothes that you NAILED her style!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
WHAT
A
GORGEOUS
RING!

THAT SETTING
THAT STONE.

WOW!

:love: :love: :love: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Wrote her a song, too :shock: OMG you are the best fiancé EVER!!! The ring is just exquisite on her beautiful hands!

Congrats...may you always be as in love, as you are today!!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I'm not usually one for the marquise, but good lord this is beautiful! such graceful curves!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll never get over how flattering a good marquise is on the hand! Looks perfect for her.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement - it looks lovely on her! Now we need some close up hand pics please!

The ring is just spectacular - you truly did an awesome, amazing job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results