shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's Electric... and Blue! - Electric Blue Topaz stories

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Niel, I'm glad you pointed that out. I was wondering if it was too wide. I may ask for that to be slimmed down a bit.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful design picante!!!
I would make the split at the top a tad bigger and the gap on the twist smaller. It will look more balanced from the top. I am not experienced in reading CAD's though.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for chiming in Acinom. You and Niel have both pointed out the same concerns I had in the back of my mind. I think I will send David a note to adjust the width of the split at the top and make the twist a bit smaller.
I love the flow of the metal and the way he has done the prongs. I sent of the topaz yesterday,yay!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Wow! The ring turned out beautifully! I especially love the antique cut of the topaz :love: :love: :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

picante27 said:
Wow! The ring turned out beautifully! I especially love the antique cut of the topaz :love: :love: :love:

^^^^ :love: Love the cut too! :clap:

(picante, did you get your twist figured out? I meant to post a picture of my tourmaline ring (which is similar) but I didn't because I wasn't sure if it'd actually help or not.)

picante27

Shiny_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1462388268|4027241 said:
picante27 said:

^^^^ :love: Love the cut too! :clap:

(picante, did you get your twist figured out? I meant to post a picture of my tourmaline ring (which is similar) but I didn't because I wasn't sure if it'd actually help or not.)

Your beautiful tourmaline ring is one of my all time faves [bSparkliesLuver][/b]! It was actually one of my major inspirations for the topaz ring. I covet that tourmaline and really love the whole look of your ring! :lickout:
When I found the Green Lake ring, I immediately thought of how similar it was to your ring. I have asked David to tweak the design a few times, since I didn't want an exact copy of the GL ring or your ring.
Here is the latest CAD.

He couldn't make the split at the top any wider (which makes sense in retrospect since it can only be as wide as the stone, I guess) but he narrowed down the twist a bit. I had also asked him to round the metal into more of a domed shape, rather than flat.
He has the topaz (and another necklace he is making some minor adjustments to) so now I am just playing the waiting game.

32808.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so, so much for all the kinds words about my ring, picante. That means a lot! In all honesty, and for what it's worth, I don't mind if you (or anyone else on PS) ever copy my ring exactly - it's a huge compliment, if anything. Just so you know. ;-) I think the newest CADs look great. Super exciting!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeek! Mine should be here Saturday!

I'm sad this picture doesn't att all represent the color of the stone, as the photos I've posted do very well, but I don't care enough not to share!

picsart_05-05-05.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a stunning result Niel :appl:
Looking forward to see your pics Saturday.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1462483742|4027822 said:
Eeek! Mine should be here Saturday!

I'm sad this picture doesn't att all represent the color of the stone, as the photos I've posted do very well, but I don't care enough not to share!

It's incredible! I can only imagine what it looks like in person.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful Niel! :appl:
Looking forward to seeing your own pics as well!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1462541886|4028055 said:
Beautiful Niel! :appl:
Looking forward to seeing your own pics as well!

thanks i am excited to see it too.

I was going to tell you i really liked the last version of your cad

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thank Neil! I can't wait to see it completed. And thank you Sparkliesluvr for the inspiration!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a text from my husband my package is already here! I'm excited as it also has the marquise setting I made for my mom. I can give it to her for mother's day!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Told you I could take a better picture

imag6259_1.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous Neil! Yes, your picture is way better than the other one. Are you happy with it? Neck shot please!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1462667038|4028798 said:
Gorgeous Neil! Yes, your picture is way better than the other one. Are you happy with it? Neck shot please!

Wow, Neil I love this! +1 for neck shots!!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it's stunning! Do you love it?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant Niel :appl: I love the vibrant color and the shape. The pendant is beautifully made to enhance the shape. Do you love it? Would love to see 'in action' pics.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. I do love it. Its big, but as ive said in the past, I'm not a petite woman, so it still is very wearable. Its got a very 80s feels and admittedly as many have seen, i really respond to that in my jewelry.

My phone either isnt charging or is broken. Ive ordered new chargers so hopefully that will fix it, but i wont have any other pics for a few days.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am unlikely to have my EB Topazes (a trillion and an Asscher, both from JD) set until late this year or early next year, therefore, I shall feast my eyes on everyone's elses EB goodies.

DK :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A neck shot now that I finally have my phone. Forgive my horribly pink skin

picsart_05-15-06.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, Neil that looks GREAT on you! I love the size on you IRL, it's perfect!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Neil, that necklace looks so good on you! I love the size and shape of the pendant. Good Lord, that thing glows! Is your chain 18 inches?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1463359594|4032103 said:
Neil, that necklace looks so good on you! I love the size and shape of the pendant. Good Lord, that thing glows! Is your chain 18 inches?

Yea. I almost wish it was a little shorter but I'm going to live with it for a bit and see if I still feel that way. With as big as it is I think it does look nice low on the neck.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Woahh!! :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! It looks gorgeous on you. The color, the shape, the length of the chain... Enjoy wearing it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rothschild55's Electric Blue ring is Jewel of the Week!!
Congrats :appl: I am not surprised as it is such an amazing design and stone color.

_1185.png

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the pendant Neil and congratulations Rothschild on making Jewel of the Week. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results