shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's Electric... and Blue! - Electric Blue Topaz stories

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing my picture @Acinom ! Here she is sitting on a rock, because my hands are too yuck to post on PS ;-) . It’s an 8.4mm round Electric Blue Topaz cut by Barry B, a lucky find on LT that I purchased from another PS’er :)
A6669DC8-F142-42E8-9993-613EC19B1117.jpeg

Love the color and love those facets. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous all around.:love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fantastic @stracci2000 ! You have impressed me yet again with your jewelry making skills!
Aww shucks.......I'm just a hack! But I love working with jewelry!
And I love sharing it with all of you who also have a passion for bling.
Thanks for the nice compliment, @2Neezers!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made the setting. It is a Stracci original!
The basket is a casting, and I used sterling half round wire for the rest.
IMG_20190127_080514327.jpg IMG_20190127_080520728.jpg
Good job @stracci! That’s awesome! I love that you are able to make a setting with multiple techniques like casting with hand work. Casting can be really hard from what I remember about bronze casting. (Sculpture) so many things to consider to get a good, clean cast.
The ring is lovely with that blue topaz too!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job @stracci! That’s awesome! I love that you are able to make a setting with multiple techniques like casting with hand work. Casting can be really hard from what I remember about bronze casting. (Sculpture) so many things to consider to get a good, clean cast.
The ring is lovely with that blue topaz too!!
I do not have the equipment for casting. I purchased the basket. Making a basket from wire is insanity. I have done it and it isn't worth the aggravation and heartache! It is very tricky and if your heat isn't just right, the whole thing falls apart right before your eyes. And there is a lot of trimming and waste involved, so I don't like that.
Southwestern Minerals has a large selection of baskets and heads, and they work great.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have the equipment for casting. I purchased the basket. Making a basket from wire is insanity. I have done it and it isn't worth the aggravation and heartache! It is very tricky and if your heat isn't just right, the whole thing falls apart right before your eyes. And there is a lot of trimming and waste involved, so I don't like that.
Southwestern Minerals has a large selection of baskets and heads, and they work great.
This is a much better option. I know that SO many things can go wrong in casting. One of the most frustrating and time consuming processes. And, you are right, one needs an entire set up. I get why artists hire specific casting experts. I love that one can buy the head. fabulous work @stracci!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just discovered a new love
electric topaz

you are so tallented
your ring is a show stopper

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

awesome job!!! i am making a 3 stone from wire right now as my last project. omg. so difficult! i agree not worth it but i wanted to know how to do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results