shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's Electric... and Blue! - Electric Blue Topaz stories

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A weird and bright blue never fails to amaze.
This thread is dedicated to Electric Blue Topazes.
Please share yours or pics of jewelry pieces you
admire.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: It's Electric... and Blue! - stories about Electric Blue

Electric Blue rough...
Looking good!!!

_33746.jpg

_33747.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ricezo's mums stunning Electric Blue Topaz ring with stone by Barry Bridgestock

_33748.jpg

_33749.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is what it looks like when a Bespoke Gems Electric Blue Topaz meets Victor Canera...
The ring Victor made for me:

_33751.jpg

_33752.jpg

_33753.jpg

_33754.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Electric Blue has different faces. My stone loose:

_33755.jpg

_33756.jpg

_33757.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovedogs new antique round (cut by Doug Menadue) seems brighter, while mine looks more subdued.
Lovedogs beautiful new stone:

_33758.jpg

_33759.jpg

_33760.jpg

_33761.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A topaz coloring comparison:

Would love to see your stones and/or knowledge and insight on Electric Blue Topaz

_33762.jpg

_33763.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh thank you for starting this thread Acinom. I am already drooling over the lovely pieces you have posted. I love blue in any shape and shade. :love:
Looking forward to seeing what everyone shares here. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My contributions:

Asscher cut by Jeff Davies, exact specification unknown, however, it is around 10mm:

asscherelectricbluetopaz.png

A modified EC, again, from Jeff Davies, 6.29ct, 13.33 x 8.63 x 6.08mm, this will be a ring:

jdelectricbluetopaz6.jpg

A round one, again from JD, 4.10ct, 9.65 x 6.57mm (this is one of the 3 stones for a bangle with interchangeable CS:

jdelectricbluetopaz4_0.jpg

DK :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, great post. I can't wait until I can add mine to the list. :dance:
I can't wait until you get your VC ring in person so we can all enjoy more pictures...what a beauty. :love:

Lovedogs, that is gorgeous. Do you know how you'll be setting it yet?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So looking forward to pics of electric blue topazes. Just learning and found out this gem has a hardness of 8 on the Mohs scale. :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_71125|1440876788|3920884 said:
I can't wait until you get your VC ring in person so we can all enjoy more pictures...what a beauty. :love:

Acinom thanks for including me in this thread! I love it!

Elle I am planning to send it to sally from HoW and have it set like this PSers ring that I found a while ago (sorry, don't know who's ring this is!). I'll send it to her as soon as the stone gets to me (as of now it's already in the US on the West Coast, so hopefully I'll get it this week!). I can't wait to see it in Sally's ring--I love her stuff.

IMG1005.jpg DSC00644.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine - stone by Barry, setting by Wink.

ring-top.jpg

_27705.jpg

img_20150307_155945521.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bright blue topazes, everyone. I always think of the Tron movies when I see the electric blue topazes. :) Thanks to Acinom for starting this thread. You know, we have a RED thread, but I don't think we have a BLUE, GREEN or other single-color threads... Food for thought.. :naughty:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1440887699|3920954 said:
elle_71125|1440876788|3920884 said:

Acinom thanks for including me in this thread! I love it!

Elle I am planning to send it to sally from HoW and have it set like this PSers ring that I found a while ago (sorry, don't know who's ring this is!). I'll send it to her as soon as the stone gets to me (as of now it's already in the US on the West Coast, so hopefully I'll get it this week!). I can't wait to see it in Sally's ring--I love her stuff.

IMG1005.jpg DSC00644.jpg

Lovedogs, the Iolani setting is a classic. Have you seen the version with the open gallery/basket? Example below: (personally I would set the stone a little lower but otherwise I love everything about this setting).
il_570xn_151.jpg il_570xn_150.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/139188732
(not mine)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mochiko,
Thanks for the images! I didn't know she made an open gallery version.

I actually am hoping to make some changes to the gallery (once I get my stone the plan is to talk to her in more detail about it).

I really like these gallery designs--I prefer them to the original Iolani one I posted.
il_570xN.203755760.jpg
il_570xN.562142002_t1zq.jpg

Don't know if it will be possible to make it work, but Sally is great so I'm sure she'll figure out something I love :) There is actually a very long story behind me working w. Sally that I will eventually start a thread about once she safely has my stone and everything is started :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Think about Sally's Grace setting too. I love the split shank and the subtle amount of detail in the gallery. She only has one listing with a Grace ring where you can't really see the detail that well, but here are two that I had made a while ago:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/134828759

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Boo! I have a 8.41ct Electric blue Victoria cushion from Barry B that was put into a setting celebrating my November baby's birth, but I can't share pics. :blackeye:

I will share that PSers talked me out of blue topaz for an engagement ring once upon a time though. :think: :cheeky: :naughty:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pics, Jstar! That's also a beautiful setting!

ElleW|1440898518|3921010 said:
Boo! I have a 8.41ct Electric blue Victoria cushion from Barry B that was put into a setting celebrating my November baby's birth, but I can't share pics. :blackeye:

I will share that PSers talked me out of blue topaz for an engagement ring once upon a time though. :think: :cheeky: :naughty:

You can't share pics even if they are your personal rings (not ones you are selling)? sad :(( :(( I'd love to see it!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Acinom, thanks for the thread! I have a Barry electric blue topaz that I've been trying to find the right setting. I normally prefer round stones and I am struggling a bit for the right setting for my 8 mm square. There are some pretty settings so far on this thread. :)

img_9078.jpg

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Blue is one of my favorite colors!! One of the first colored stones I bought was an electric blue topaz through a Jeff Davies auction. I wanted something low-risk since I didn't REALLY know what I was doing (I still feel like I don't, but I've learned a lot since then!). Part of me is concerned that it's not the best quality (I guess because it was an auction piece), but I don't really mind because I love the shape and, of course, the color! It's currently in transit so I don't have it yet, but here's a picture! It's 5.22 ct, 11.75 x 7.48 mm.

jeff_davies_blue_topaz.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm loving the colour of these Blue Topaz, I've read it's pretty friendly to cut as well. I'm picking up a bag of rough Rhodolite Garnets to learn how to cut stones as a hobby and I am thinking I may have to look at getting some blue topaz as well :dance:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arabella|1440900187|3921024 said:
Blue is one of my favorite colors!! One of the first colored stones I bought was an electric blue topaz through a Jeff Davies auction. I wanted something low-risk since I didn't REALLY know what I was doing (I still feel like I don't, but I've learned a lot since then!). Part of me is concerned that it's not the best quality (I guess because it was an auction piece), but I don't really mind because I love the shape and, of course, the color! It's currently in transit so I don't have it yet, but here's a picture! It's 5.22 ct, 11.75 x 7.48 mm.

Good to hear that lovely JD electric blue trillion topaz is going to a good home :appl: , as I too bid for it and was not successful.

I am certain you will not be disappointed with it, and it may lead you to more JD purchases in future (his eBay shop is very additive to me).

Fingers crossed that he will have more EB trillions in the future (I got a white topaz trillion from him recently).

arabella

Shiny_Rock
dk168|1440924084|3921084 said:
arabella|1440900187|3921024 said:

Good to hear that lovely JD electric blue trillion topaz is going to a good home :appl: , as I too bid for it and was not successful.

I am certain you will not be disappointed with it, and it may lead you to more JD purchases in future (his eBay shop is very additive to me).

Fingers crossed that he will have more EB trillions in the future (I got a white topaz trillion from him recently).

DK, thanks for your kind words and ohhh I am sure it will lead to more purchases :praise: I find myself checking his ebay shop frequently! I have definitely been bitten by the CS bug... I'm glad I found all of you here at PS to share it with! I will post pictures for you and everyone else to see when it arrives! Congrats on the white topaz trillion :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does this count as electric blue, a blue zircon heart from Jeff D?
jdheartzircon3p76ct907x10x636.jpg

It is on its way to be set.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great thread Acinom, I love the vibrant blues.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Great new additions and I am glad more PSers appreciate Electric Blue

Missy: thank you for liking this thread :wavey:

dK: you have a serious blue collection growing there. Gorgeous Electric Blues and blue zircon :love: :love: :love: looking forward to see all of these set.

Elle71125: I am soo looking forward to see the supernova oval that Doug is currently cutting for you. It will be stunning! I can collect my VC ring in a week or so. I have actually never seen an Electric Blue topaz in real life so I am looking forward to see the colour.

LisaRN: thanks for liking the thread and adding the mohs scale category. Sounds good!

Lovedogs: great setting choice! We will not be setting sisters but we are stone sisters :wavey: . Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you receive your stone from Doug. It will look great in that setting. I love the alternative galleries you posted as well as the open gallery mochiko suggested.

jstarfireb: ooh! What a gorgeous combination of a Barry stone and Wink setting. Your ring looks amazing on you. Please share more pics :love: :love: :love:

Mochiko: thanks for chiming in :wavey: . And yes, that's a great suggestion. We might need a purple thread as well.

ElleW: oww, wish you could share yours! Especially as it belongs to your own personal collection. Would love to see it.

mtsapphirelovingannie: what a gorgeous gorgeous stone :love:. It will look great in a ring with that colour and stunning size. Hope you will find enough inspiration here on PS. Sparkliesluvers setting might be great for yours as well: the simple flowing design DK made for her green Afghan tourmaline.

Arabella: your stone looks stunning! Like DK mentioned you will not be disappointed. Jeff Davies offers great quality stones for very reasonable prices. Looking forward to see how you will set it.

Jordyonbass: oh, to be able to learn how to cut stones. Please show the results.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for liking this thread Lovinggems :wavey:

The BB stone Ricezo found for her mum before it was set. As well as FrekeChild's Electric Blue Topaz ring:

_33776.jpg

_33777.jpg

_33778.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote to JD and asked if he has more EB topaz roughs for a trillion, and he said he would check for me when he is back in the office next week. :naughty:

JD currently has other EB topaz listings, as well as blue zircons, in case anyone is interested:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fine-Gemst...?_fsub=9&_sid=122712575&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fine-Gemst...11146015&_sid=122712575&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Also, Jeff White has blue zircon roughs in 5-7ct range (not suited for a trillion); plus smaller ones too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results