shape
carat
color
clarity

Issues with Verragio setting!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Samatha,
Just quickly read your update!! What FABULOUS news!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I was sure GOG would do all they could to make this right. Especially Marie. It was Marie who helped me with my new engagement ring upgrade. She was simply wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about Marie, Jonathan, Vicki, Charles and Darren. I came into contact with with quite a few of GOG staff during the last couple of years and I cannot fault them!!

I am so pleased that you can now wear that beautiful ring with pride. It is a stunner. I am off to check out all your pictures before I do the school run. (I am in the Uk in case you think I do this stuff in the middle of the night!!! ;)) :lol: )

Welcome to PS. Hope to see you around now you have your beauty sorted out!! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for lots of pics Samantha!! And goodness, that is a beautiful, elaborate piece :love: :love: :love: :sun:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock

glamourchick

Rough_Rock
@ susi - thank you for the very warm welcome :) It's been a pleasure sharing with you, well, now!! lol! Maybe sharing my experience at first it was not so pleasurable for me, but, so far, all seems to be quite good <3 You really helped me out with your kindness, and I am very grateful for it, that was not a good time and it was nice to not be judged by someone with a scolding saying "well some people appreciate a handcrafted ring, etc..." Can you believe someone had the nerve to say that to me right to my face? Ugh, don't even get me started.. I know it's not worth it to feed into which I did momentarily, but, let's just say it was a good thing I kept silent when they said it to me ;-) So not worth it to start! I am moving on, the ring is fixed, and perfect in my eyes, and that is what matters most :) woo hoo! You held my hand through this and thank you!! *hugs*

@ Yssie - Oh my goodness thank you so much hun!! I hope the pictures were okay, I just kind of winged it and hoped the details were shown the most accurately. I could care less showing off the 3 center stones, you know what they look like, big squares, 2 of them are straight, one is a little off as I've said, whatever, you've seen plenty of princess cuts before I'm sure, I was all about the pretty little sparkles on the sides of the ring. If you could only see it in the sunlight, OH! No words to describe how bright white that ring is ON THE SIDES! It's amazing! I'm sorry if I keep talking about my ring so much, it's just, well, I feel like I just got it for the first time and I'm excited :) Thanks for caring enough to look!

@iota15 - HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw dropped after seeing the pictures of that butchered looking ring. That poor man! That made my ring problems disappear. That is AWFUL! How could they do that to that poor man in Canada!? I suppose "he can't appreciate a handcrafted ring" either as some might dare to say. That is so sad, I would love to offer my support to him I can't believe that could even happen. I am just devastated for that couple. That is NOT right. That is lawsuit worthy (if they don't make things right)
THANKS SO MUCH for giving me those links! When I searched on here, I didn't find any of the links you shared with me so that really opened my eyes wide and made my jaw drop over what I learned. I can't believe this could even happen one time with Verragio, and especially as severe as that awful looking ring that poor man ended up with. It was destroyed. Oh I hope with every ounce of my being they give him a new ring setting as he deserves!!!
Anyone that spends a couple thousand dollars on a setting IS NOT PAYING FOR ISSUES, OR MAJOR, NOTICEABLE FLAWS. The more you pay, the more you expect it to be even more amazing! It's inconceivable to me that a company could have their "quality control team" look that over and green light it to go home to the customer, I mean, GET REAL!!
What is going on with them lately? Is it because they are so popular? I remember when I first ordered this setting over a year ago, they only had like 10,000 fans on Facebook, not even, now they have over 400,000 in a little over a years time!! I'm assuming they just can't keep up anymore or something? When I ordered this setting originally over a year ago, I got it back in a couple of days, not even! I thought it was going to take 4 weeks, but I got it back lightening fast. I bet that wouldn't happen now with all their new popularity. Heck, when I wanted it fixed and my fiance sent it back, it took 2 weeks, longer to fix it then to make it and I only live 50 miles from Verragio headquarters in NYC! :razz:
I don't know whats going on with them, but they better clean up their act, and quick, or we will be seeing a lot more of these stories. I'm glad I shared my personal experience, I hope it helps someone out there, don't feel alone, it can happen to anyone with any setting no matter how great you think the company is or no matter how much money you spend!
I'm glad I ordered my setting when they were not as widely known, maybe that's the only reason the amazing ornate work on the ring is perfect!? :razz:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Samantha, :wavey:

Your ring is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I am sooooooooo glad you are happy. Everyone deserves to look down at their engagement ring and sigh with unadulterated pleasure!!
I know I do ( :lol: ) and now so do you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

It was fab speaking to you!!! Hope to hear lots more from you!!! :bigsmile:

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: Holy Moly that is spectacular!!!! I'm curious, are you going to wear a wedding band with it? I would hate to cover all of that intricate side work!!!!!

glamourchick

Rough_Rock
@ susi - :) You are just the best. Oh, and WOW, I have been meaning to say, your pic that shows your rings is simply AMAZING! I know you can't see them up close and they still knock my socks off! Phew! You have got SOME rings there. Absolutely gorgeous!

@ bethprov - Hi! Thank you VERY much hun! :) I'm glad you like it too <3 You are super sweet for lookin at the pics!
Oh hun I WISH I could get away with wearing a wedding band next to it, there would be so much bling and sparkles coming from my one finger if I could, but I am certain that is going to be impossible because not only will it totally cover up the reason I even wanted the Paradiso setting like you said, I am 100% certain it will cause damage to the setting by rubbing into it constantly, so, no, I will not be wearing my future wedding band next to it. I just can't. After going through this enormous amount of stress just to get the ring to the way I should have received it initially from Verragio, I never want to take a chance of damaging it. It's a great excuse to pick out a wedding band that looks amazing on it's own though! :razz: lol! I will just wear my e-ring on my right hand all the time after I get married, unless I am in the mood for a right hand ring, then I just won't wear it at all that day. At first that idea didn't thrill me, but that's the price you pay if you are a huge sucker for all of that detailed side work and now I'm okay with it ;-) I will never take off my wedding band once my big day happens though. That will be on there forever!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Well I agree with you, perfect reason to get a blingy band!!! I agree there would definitely damage with stacking them but that ring is a stunning beauty on its own. Enjoy it!

xpinkcupcake

Rough_Rock
Dear GlamourChick,

I fell in love this exact ring when I saw it in the store! I am almost in tears because I am frustrated with trying to pick the center stone size. What you did to this ring is crazy insane beautiful.

Can you PLEASE PLEASE help me out and tell me what the size of your center stone is (by itself)
and also what your two large side stone sizes are (each)

Im guessing the side stones are almost 1 ct each?

Pllease help me youd be doing such an amazing favor.

I adore your ring it is jaw dropping the honest to god most beautiful and creative ring i have ever seen!!!! :love: :love:

Also the ring was 12,000 total including all the stones (center included?)

THANK YOU!!!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
She mentioned the center stone being 2 carats, so no, $12,000 for the finished piece would be pie-in-the-sky dreaming! :wink2: The setting alone is $12,000. A 2 carat princess of PS average color/clarity will set you back another $15-20,000. Side stones of a carat, maybe $6000-7000 each. I think your budget for a ring like this, if the sides are actually a carat, would be AT LEAST $40,000. Probably closer to $50,000.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
justginger|1340955664|3225782 said:
She mentioned the center stone being 2 carats, so no, $12,000 for the finished piece would be pie-in-the-sky dreaming! :wink2: The setting alone is $12,000. A 2 carat princess of PS average color/clarity will set you back another $15-20,000. Side stones of a carat, maybe $6000-7000 each. I think your budget for a ring like this, if the sides are actually a carat, would be AT LEAST $40,000. Probably closer to $50,000.

I certainly hope she did not pay $12,000 for the setting. Just on a quick google search, it's available from a number of jewelers for $7250-$8000 in platinum and $6250 in 18k white. To get to $4k of customization she'd have to almost double the diamond weight of the setting, making it monstrous. And that's at current prices, not 1 year ago prices. A post on here from 2009 indicates that the setting was about $3200 back then. So something does not compute.

cmc0009

Rough_Rock
so sorry to hear about the issues with your setting. I have picked out a verragio setting also. Insignia 7063. It has a "floating" stone. I'm a little worried about the setting, as I've normally seen prongs that go from the bottom of the stone to the top. The prongs on this one are only touching in one small area. But, they have assured me that it is secure. My ring will be insured, but I would hate to lose my center stone. (2 carat flawless). any thoughts? thx

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
This thread is over 3 years old, so I'm not sure if you'll get a response.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results