shape
carat
color
clarity

Verragio Setting Reliability

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morty

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I have been reading for a while now and I appreciate all of your help!

I was looking at the Verragio Classico setting collection here:
http://www.verragio.com/gallery_detail.php?prod_id=607&col_id=50&slide_num=1

Given that the ENG-00069P setting does not have a "basket" (only four prongs), what is your opinion of its reliability? Of course I would have the ring insured, but it would not be fun to lose the stone anyway!

Thank you for your help.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a Veraggio setting that I am constantly having problems with. Although the setting is beautiful, the prongs are always coming loose & the diamond currently spins in the setting. I actually am looking to replace this setting with a different one from a different designer. I also have one that is 4 prongs with no basket.

Morty

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much. I found your earlier post and can see how that could happen.

Are there also any jewelers out there that could possibly offer an opinion? Can you give an approximate percentage of these settings that fail?

Also, how exactly are diamonds attached to the setting? Does the setting just mechanically hold the diamond or is there an actual bond that takes place?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results