shape
carat
color
clarity

Verragio Engagement Ring Manufacturing Problems and Delays

variable229

Rough_Rock
Is there any real remedy other than suing Verragio?

Approximately over 4 weeks ago, I went to a Verragio dealer and inquired about getting a custom setting done in time for my engagement party on Christmas.

The main reason we choose to go custom is because Verragio's setting could not accommodate the size of the diamond and also my fiancee ring small finger size. After the dealer confirmed with the manufacturer before I ordered, Verragio had committed to finishing the custom engagement ring setting by December 23rd. I therefore put the money down and ordered the ring with assurances from Verragio they could do the work.

Only last Friday, only 5 days before the expected ring arrival date, I would ask our dealer to confirm with the manufacturer if there was any issues. After all I had to inform the restaurant, my family members and everyone to make in time for the celebration and the party was still on for next week.

Now I only come to find out today at the 11th hour that they would not finish the setting until sometime after January 1st. What kind of business is Barry Nisguretsky @ http://www.verragio.com running over there? I find their business to be deceptive and shady to not directly inform me and to tell me this late that they couldn't fulfill my order. Now all I get is a ruined engagement party without an engagement ring for my fiancee.

I find this to be really stupid. Verragio does not seem interested in keeping customers happy and keeping their commitments. :angryfire: :angryfire:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Verragio Engagement Ring Manufacturing Problems and Dela

Huh - you know, you're the second, maybe the third person who's had a manufacturing issue with Verragio this holiday season. If you go over to the Hangout forum, there's a post from a guy in a similar situation (they did finish his ring, but the quality was not what he expected). Sadly, I don't think there's any recourse: since everything is set up, I'd suggest that you go through with your plans, and maybe propose with a placeholder ring instead? If the ring you chose has a matching band, maybe you could propose with the wedding band (and say it's the European tradition, maybe?). Alternately, the store should be bending over backwards to make you happy - I wouldn't like this option myself, but perhaps they could provide you with a temp ring for the proposal, or a loaner ring? Upgrade you to something they have in stock?

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this: try going up the chain to the manager or owner of the store and see what kinds of solutions they can come up with. Good luck!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - I am so sorry this has happened; it is so disappointing, especially with all your plans riding on the ring being completed. I know custom work can be difficult and problems arise during the manufacturing or setting process... and going custom usually means a higher expectation of perfection both in product and service.

While I know this is a huge blow to your plans, is it possible that the Verragio dealer you dealt with could offer a "loaner" ring for the purposes of the party? Or, so that the party is a success and the engagement story is a happy one, could you find a pretty substitute ring that is obviously a stand-in for the real ring being custom-made so your fiance has something to flash around while telling people "Oh, the dear man is having my ring custom-made and it will be ready in the New Year, but we couldn't wait to share our love and our engagement with everyone so we're celebrating now"?

I hope this works out for you... Please don't let the ring disappointment overshadow the real purpose of your party -- your public commitment to each other and the joy you want to share with your family and friends.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock

I think that would definately set me off, but please don't let it spoil your celebration. in the big scheme of life, you'd much rather have it late and perfect then on time and messed up! I think they should compensate you for their broken promises as well.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock

While I know that you are very disappointed that things did not work out as planned, you probably should have allotted more than four weeks for a custom order. It was wrong to promise you and then not deliver, but Christmastime is a VERY busy time in the jewelry business. I hope there is something they can do to make this right for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results