shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this stone too tall for a ring?

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
No problem, it is the big one he picked up from Tucson in 2022 in the bottom right hand corner of this pic:

273620473_5301539283194356_9195106362882964013_n.jpg

blue-green-tourmaline-jpg.907674

blue-green-tourmaline-2-jpg.907673

DK :))

Ok WOW!!! I can’t even imagine what this is going to look like :kiss2::mrgreen2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok WOW!!! I can’t even imagine what this is going to look like :kiss2::mrgreen2:

It will be a classic emerald cut, and cut stone is estimated to be between 20 to 30ct, which is likely to be too big for a ring for me, hence the brooch-pendant idea.

Thinking of Tiffany's Bird on a Rock pendant, however, I shall have a cat and a dog instead which is more meaningful to me.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
It will be a classic emerald cut, and cut stone is estimated to be between 20 to 30ct, which is likely to be too big for a ring for me, hence the brooch-pendant idea.

Thinking of Tiffany's Bird on a Rock pendant, however, I shall have a cat and a dog instead which is more meaningful to me.

I am very excited to see this all play out! I love the idea of a cat & dog, too. Very sweet :)

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Please don’t be upset but this ring is soooo pretty! I love the stone and you’re right it would have been perfectly suited for a pendant!

The other tourmaline with David is more ornate, not my usual taste but @Mreader inspired me with her step cut tourmaline! So I’m thinking that will be my ornate piece and this ring I might keep very simple?

I'm only upset with me, not you! I just knew I wouldn't wear it. I don't recall if I even thought of doing a pendant back then...

I responded to your email about the tourmaline. It's fun how much we like similar styles:) I agree, that cushion is positively beautiful! I think simple will be a fantastic choice. Simple often times to me is classic. You can never go wrong with a classic!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I finally approved the CAD a few weeks ago and today received the finished piece! I chose to forgo the bezel because it added way too much to the stone which has such a huge presence on its own :) IMG_0859.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DK 95366-QUAD-8.png
    DK 95366-QUAD-8.png
    728.5 KB · Views: 31

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I finally approved the CAD a few weeks ago and today received the finished piece! I chose to forgo the bezel because it added way too much to the stone which has such a huge presence on its own :)

This is so gorgeous. Congratulations. It looks so fantastic on your hand!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I finally approved the CAD a few weeks ago and today received the finished piece! I chose to forgo the bezel because it added way too much to the stone which has such a huge presence on its own :) IMG_0859.jpeg

@jaqjaqjaq oh my!!! It’s stunning!!! That stone is gorgeous and I love the gold setting! It’s simple in a good way. It show cases the stone and let’s it be the star she is!!! Once again you have a beautiful ring! I love it!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!!! I love everything about it. More pictures!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq oh my!!! It’s stunning!!! That stone is gorgeous and I love the gold setting! It’s simple in a good way. It show cases the stone and let’s it be the star she is!!! Once again you have a beautiful ring! I love it!!!

Heeehee I knew you would love it! It’s funny, I saw the original video of the stone from Jeff White when I bought it off LT and he was wearing a plain gold band next to the stone and then it hit me, it needed to be simple! Then while perusing through Pinterest I saw a ring with 8 prongs (set a bit differently) and I thought yep I’ll add more prongs too lol. The color is so deep and velvety - it looks luscious in person.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait to see the finished ring!

I have just finished paying for my large blue green Tourmaline with Jeff W, and it may be too big as a ring even for me.

So it may end up being a brooch-pendant.

Did you end up getting your stone?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
It has yet to be cut as far as I am aware.

Do you know how long it will take? That rough is so dreamy - I can’t wait to see it :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know how long it will take? That rough is so dreamy - I can’t wait to see it :)

Don't know as I don't usually pester Jeff to cut my stones as I am not in a hurry to set them.

I set my first CS from him that he cut in 2015 last year!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Don't know as I don't usually pester Jeff to cut my stones as I am not in a hurry to set them.

I set my first CS from him that he cut in 2015 last year!

I guess if I’m being honest, I have a bit of a patience problem LOL! Well, it will be a spectacular treat when you get it :))

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Let me say that I know this isn’t an amazing picture but I used the flash to see if I could capture the richness in different lighting. It kind of has the deep glow to it - I am loving this stone! I’ll try to get better pictures tomorrow if we get any sun. IMG_0865.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I usually don’t gravitate to a green stone but yours is just super yummy and I’m loving the setting!! Just right!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! I usually don’t gravitate to a green stone but yours is just super yummy and I’m loving the setting!! Just right!

Thank you! I don’t normally either but recently found myself picking up this and a mint tourmaline. I’m usually drawn towards peaches or blues but this one jumped out at me immediately.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
It's even more beautiful set! I love how classic the mounting you chose it. Very versatile and beautiful. Enjoy!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m glad I ended up going with simple too :)

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Let me say that I know this isn’t an amazing picture but I used the flash to see if I could capture the richness in different lighting. It kind of has the deep glow to it - I am loving this stone! I’ll try to get better pictures tomorrow if we get any sun. IMG_0865.jpeg

I love it! I can’t wait to see more pictures of it on your hand! That color is incredible!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Heeehee I knew you would love it! It’s funny, I saw the original video of the stone from Jeff White when I bought it off LT and he was wearing a plain gold band next to the stone and then it hit me, it needed to be simple! Then while perusing through Pinterest I saw a ring with 8 prongs (set a bit differently) and I thought yep I’ll add more prongs too lol. The color is so deep and velvety - it looks luscious in person.

@jaqjaqjaq you were right about that!!! I do love it! I think the yellow gold band is the perfect choice, so rich together. I also love that the band is a thicker width and plain. I’m glad you did the 8 prongs. Everything about it all goes together so well, it’s seamless! Oh I can see it is luscious on my computer!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results