shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing my new Marquis-licious 4.31 carat ring!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies--you should post in the long sleeve thread! Need most photos! :kiss2:

And this one also!!

:wavey: Hi Sharon!
What is the "long sleeve" thread?
Oh and yes I will post on the second thread that you mentioned. both of the stones I have are I1.
As I like to say.. good from far but far from good!:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi Sharon!
What is the "long sleeve" thread?
Oh and yes I will post on the second thread that you mentioned. both of the stones I have are I1.
As I like to say.. good from far but far from good!:lol:

Nonsense! From near and far, they are superstars!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful, I'm drooling over both your marquise and the new baguette band you'll be getting in future - enjoy and wear in good health!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful, I'm drooling over both your marquise and the new baguette band you'll be getting in future - enjoy and wear in good health!

:love: Hello Pomelo!!
Thank you so much for your incredibly sweet compliments about the ring.
Love that you said wear it in good health.. I always try to say that too when I compliment a friend's new finery.
Thanks again!

RedHairDontCare

Rough_Rock
Wow ! Where do I start - she is Stunning! Congrats on your new beauty and I’m so flattered that I semi inspired your choice if I didn’t already have one, I would have been rushing out to get a marquise after this post - perfect proportions- and a fab setting, I have a ring twin! Enjoy

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow ! Where do I start - she is Stunning! Congrats on your new beauty and I’m so flattered that I semi inspired your choice if I didn’t already have one, I would have been rushing out to get a marquise after this post - perfect proportions- and a fab setting, I have a ring twin! Enjoy

:wavey:Hello RedHairDontCare!
I'm so happy that you saw my thread! Your ring DID totally inspire me to take a look at marquise rings again!
So thanks for buying and posting about yours. :love:
Our rings have now found their long lost twins... sisters together. :lol:
Have you been wearing it often? With a band or without?

RedHairDontCare

Rough_Rock
:wavey:Hello RedHairDontCare!
I'm so happy that you saw my thread! Your ring DID totally inspire me to take a look at marquise rings again!
So thanks for buying and posting about yours. :love:
Our rings have now found their long lost twins... sisters together. :lol:
Have you been wearing it often? With a band or without?

I wear it as often as possible, but for work I just have a plain band as I have a very physical, hands on job.
Currently wearing it without a band as I can’t quite decide what type of band will compliment it, so I will be following closely to see what you pair it with seeing as I now have a ring twin - enjoy wearing her, she is a beauty x x

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear it as often as possible, but for work I just have a plain band as I have a very physical, hands on job.
Currently wearing it without a band as I can’t quite decide what type of band will compliment it, so I will be following closely to see what you pair it with seeing as I now have a ring twin - enjoy wearing her, she is a beauty x x

:wavey:Hello!
I have given what band to wear with it a lot of thought.
I have a few things that go but I think I would like to get a new one. I feel like it's kind of wearing a new dress with old shoes if I use one that I already have. :lol:
These are the two that I have.. an alternating baguette and round band eternity and an turn of the century eternity band from my mom that was her mom's.
I have been looking.. I saw one (picture upthread) that was baguettes all around and channel set which was just OK. The ring was a heck of a lot better than the salty attitude of the seller so I really didn't want to buy it from them.
Then I saw this last one that is baguettes all around with a hidden prong setting which is gorgeous but 2X what I wanted to spend.. but I might still get it because it's so fabulous.
I'm still looking though.. AAE24A56-35A9-43EB-A94C-F45C7C9DEA5D.jpeg 2A953B0C-84CE-48F8-B42C-FB18EEDC9690.jpeg 506ABE95-1107-45B7-BE11-82D13A333660.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and stunning ring! This is definitely JOTW :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!
I have been looking for a new ring for about a year now. First I was looking at warm old cut stones to set in a yellow gold Dahlia. I saw many that I liked but nothing that was the perfect combination of shape, price and size. Then a month or two ago @RedHairDontCare's thread caught my attention and I started looking at marquise rings again. I have always loved marquise stones.. there is something just so classic and mid-century about them when set in platinum with 2 baguettes. I saw one or two on Ebay that I liked from high volume sellers I have bought from in the past but neither was right either. One was a size 6.5 and the deck of the ring would hang over my smaller (size 4.5) finger.
Then THIS pretty much just dropped into my lap from a large auction house. I happened to notice it the day before the sale and couldn't get to see it in the flesh but the lovely person who helped me sent me a ton of pix and video and really described the stone in great detail. Making it even a little more complicated to buy sight unseen was the fact that it was an I1 stone. She did say (and it was 100% true) that the imperfections were really not noticeable to the naked/untrained eye. So I took a chance.. bid and won the auction!
I just received it and it's absolutely perfect.
And it's exactly my size too!!
Without further blabbing.. here it is.
Not certified.. Guesstimated by them at I/J color with medium blue fluorescence and 4.31 carats. The stone was weighed so the 4.31 is "certified."
I can't stop staring at my finger. It's so white and sparkles like crazy.
I'm not sure where I am going to actually wear this monster but even if I wear it back and forth from my kitchen to my living room and then to one fancy party a year I will be happy just to own it.
I will post more pix tomorrow with a matching wedding band that I am going to borrow from another set and some pix comparing my emerald cut M with this whiter I/J.
Thanks for sharing the shine and the smiles! FE9061B4-DAF9-4276-884F-8EB19230E8F8.jpeg 69C61CF7-FDA4-4301-BBFF-DA010FD0DAA3.jpeg E70F7F19-C8B6-4A21-B68D-8959DE633737.jpeg smile B9E0FAA9-98B5-4DCB-884B-B1B06BFC6F75.jpeg EF719F1D-42A9-4705-B08C-656B4A8C03EF.jpeg s

Wow! Congrats on that huge beauty!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: Hi again!
I'm back with more pix.. thank you guys for sharing the smiles.. what amazing and sweet comments.
For now I plan to wear it with the band I got to go with my emerald cut ring 20 years ago. It's alternating rounds and baguettes. Now I'm on the hunt for an all baguette eternity band.. pretty much the same ring minus the rounds and bars in between.
Second set of pix is comparing this new stone I/J? stone with med blue fluorescence to my emerald cut ring which is a L. Just an interesting comparison I think.

92D85162-7B8E-4744-BD98-2FB593D1D0BB.jpeg 191DF268-1D91-44C9-AFA8-BB05CF22A6A8.jpeg E6BF5662-5B9B-4107-B4D1-3180567EF041.jpeg DAC4D652-3365-4263-B5F0-4C01E8F8E691.jpeg :D

❤️❤️❤️

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My husband said to me last night "December is sparkle for the wife month you know that right" and I immediately thought of your new beauty..I should design myself a new chunky fat moval..because yours.. my god LOL LOVE GIRL LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Cost wise it couldn't be a diamond for me right now but I'd make it something else. Just beautiful. [yours isnt a moval but you know what I mean!!]

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband said to me last night "December is sparkle for the wife month you know that right" and I immediately thought of your new beauty..I should design myself a new chunky fat moval..because yours.. my god LOL LOVE GIRL LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Cost wise it couldn't be a diamond for me right now but I'd make it something else. Just beautiful. [yours isnt a moval but you know what I mean!!]

Well isn't your husband the best!! What a truly delightful and full of love thing to say to you.. he is a true gem. :love:
I do know how your love of movals spills over to marquise.. they are first cousins in the diamonds shape family.
Thank you again for such sweet compliments!:D

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy BLING! that is Amazing!! Go big or go home!! Beautiful!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RedHairDontCare

Rough_Rock
:wavey:Hello!
I have given what band to wear with it a lot of thought.
I have a few things that go but I think I would like to get a new one. I feel like it's kind of wearing a new dress with old shoes if I use one that I already have. :lol:
These are the two that I have.. an alternating baguette and round band eternity and an turn of the century eternity band from my mom that was her mom's.
I have been looking.. I saw one (picture upthread) that was baguettes all around and channel set which was just OK. The ring was a heck of a lot better than the salty attitude of the seller so I really didn't want to buy it from them.
Then I saw this last one that is baguettes all around with a hidden prong setting which is gorgeous but 2X what I wanted to spend.. but I might still get it because it's so fabulous.
I'm still looking though.. AAE24A56-35A9-43EB-A94C-F45C7C9DEA5D.jpeg 2A953B0C-84CE-48F8-B42C-FB18EEDC9690.jpeg 506ABE95-1107-45B7-BE11-82D13A333660.jpeg

I love this choice of band ,I’ve made a start on looking for a band to pair mine with and the contenders are:
A3463056-F288-4028-B44E-A8C95142377C.jpeg 421C43DE-2131-4F98-B95C-7AD7F9C44486.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Oh the "V" bands are a GREAT choice!
That type was one of my thoughts too..
I wonder if it would be hard to find a V that nests nicely with the ring.. guess the only way to find out is to try them on with it.
Can't wait to see what yours look like paired together!!
Please post some pix if you get to try them on together.:wavey:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to the party here (been overloaded with work before the holidays) but oh my lord your new ring is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It suits your hand perfectly and I love the uniqueness of a large marquis cut diamond ring. It truly is a holy grail piece!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party here (been overloaded with work before the holidays) but oh my lord your new ring is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It suits your hand perfectly and I love the uniqueness of a large marquis cut diamond ring. It truly is a holy grail piece!

Oh thanks so much RunningwithScissors! Sometimes the "latecomers" to the party have the most fun! :lol:
I truly appreciate you incredibly sweet compliments!:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results