shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing my new Marquis-licious 4.31 carat ring!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi again!
I'm back with more pix.. thank you guys for sharing the smiles.. what amazing and sweet comments.
For now I plan to wear it with the band I got to go with my emerald cut ring 20 years ago. It's alternating rounds and baguettes. Now I'm on the hunt for an all baguette eternity band.. pretty much the same ring minus the rounds and bars in between.
Second set of pix is comparing this new stone I/J? stone with med blue fluorescence to my emerald cut ring which is a L. Just an interesting comparison I think.

92D85162-7B8E-4744-BD98-2FB593D1D0BB.jpeg 191DF268-1D91-44C9-AFA8-BB05CF22A6A8.jpeg E6BF5662-5B9B-4107-B4D1-3180567EF041.jpeg DAC4D652-3365-4263-B5F0-4C01E8F8E691.jpeg :D

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I'm back with more pix.. thank you guys for sharing the smiles.. what amazing and sweet comments.
For now I plan to wear it with the band I got to go with my emerald cut ring 20 years ago. It's alternating rounds and baguettes. Now I'm on the hunt for an all baguette eternity band.. pretty much the same ring minus the rounds and bars in between.
Second set of pix is comparing this new stone I/J? stone with med blue fluorescence to my emerald cut ring which is a L. Just an interesting comparison I think.

92D85162-7B8E-4744-BD98-2FB593D1D0BB.jpeg 191DF268-1D91-44C9-AFA8-BB05CF22A6A8.jpeg E6BF5662-5B9B-4107-B4D1-3180567EF041.jpeg DAC4D652-3365-4263-B5F0-4C01E8F8E691.jpeg :D

Oh my gosh - I don’t know which is prettier! :bigsmile:

They are like Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Onassis (and I think we know who is who! :lol:)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh - I don’t know which is prettier! :bigsmile:

They are like Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Onassis (and I think we know who is who! :lol:)

:lol: Haahaaaa!! How clever you are Cerulean!
What a perfect comparison.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! She is a beauty! I love her proportions and how she looks like she is full of personality! Congrats on your new ring!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! She is a beauty! I love her proportions and how she looks like she is full of personality! Congrats on your new ring!

:love: Thanks tyty333!
What a funny description! Lots of personality.. love that!
I always say with I1 stones.. good from far but far from good.:lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's beautiful and HUGE!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock:Wooooah!:love::love::love:
You bought a boat, a diamond boat, sailing on crystals dreams. Look, there I am! Tiny. With my tiny pirate hat. Waving from your diamond boat :lol:
It's beautiful and ginormous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like 4.31 tons of fun :mrgreen2:

+ a billion!!!!!! Marquise are tres FAB and it looks like 10 carats on your fine hand!!!

Me lubs and I am super jeali--in a good way! And may I say you have a gift for finding very cool stuff on the secondary market!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's beautiful and HUGE!

:love: Oh thanks so much msop04!! I appreciate the compliment!

:shock:Wooooah!:love::love::love:
You bought a boat, a diamond boat, sailing on crystals dreams. Look, there I am! Tiny. With my tiny pirate hat. Waving from your diamond boat :lol:
It's beautiful and ginormous!

Haahaaaa! Thanks so much It'sMainelyYou who must be the pretty pirate waving at my diamond boat! It's funny.. I actually said it looked like a large shiny roach.:lol:
P.S. Your avatar picture is hilarious.

+ a billion!!!!!! Marquise are tres FAB and it looks like 10 carats on your fine hand!!!

Me lubs and I am super jeali--in a good way! And may I say you have a gift for finding very cool stuff on the secondary market!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon!!:wavey:
Thank you so much.. LOVE that you said that marquise are "Tres Fab. A compliment in french is way more fancy!:love:
I know you are a secondary market kind of gal like me so your sweet words mean even more. Woohooo!! Long Live slightly used jewels!:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Oh thanks so much msop04!! I appreciate the compliment!

Haahaaaa! Thanks so much It'sMainelyYou who must be the pretty pirate waving at my diamond boat! It's funny.. I actually said it looked like a large shiny roach.:lol:
P.S. Your avatar picture is hilarious.

Hi Sharon!!:wavey:
Thank you so much.. LOVE that you said that marquise are "Tres Fab. A compliment in french is way more fancy!:love:
I know you are a secondary market kind of gal like me so your sweet words mean even more. Woohooo!! Long Live slightly used jewels!:lol:

Amen sista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am right beside you; spent a hour or so on Jack Weir and Sons today :P2 !!!)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amen sista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am right beside you; spent a hour or so on Jack Weir and Sons today :P2 !!!)

Sharon.. Only an hour on Jack Weir today?? Better make it two tomorrow.:lol::lol:
Keep up the good search.. it's not just a job.. it's an adventure!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Rubies!! It is an absolutely fabulous and exciting and glamourous ring. And it's stunning on you. What a great choice!

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, that’s stunning! Congrats on your perfect new ring.
  • :kiss2:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty she is!!!!! I think that this is now my favourite ring in the entire world!!!! If she was mine, I'd wear her everyday regardless of her size!!! I would even wear her in bed and she would give me the most sparkly, blingy, happy dreams!!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Rubies!! It is an absolutely fabulous and exciting and glamourous ring. And it's stunning on you. What a great choice!

:love: Oh thanks LLJsmom! I love the word glamorous.. has such wonderful connotations.
Thanks so much! LOVE your all your pieces too!!:wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty she is!!!!! I think that this is now my favourite ring in the entire world!!!! If she was mine, I'd wear her everyday regardless of her size!!! I would even wear her in bed and she would give me the most sparkly, blingy, happy dreams!!!!

:wavey:Thanks so much Natylad!
Good suggestion to add bedroom to my "kitchen to living room" itinerary of ring wearing. Will add 33% more distance!:lol:
Your compliments are so sweet.. thank you so much.
Glad to hear that you doing well!:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your collection is TDF Gorgeous ♥️♥️♥️
I am swooning here. :lickout:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is TDF Gorgeous ♥️♥️♥️
I am swooning here. :lickout:

Oh thanks Missy! You are the owner of MANY swoonworthy pieces so your compliment is extra kind!! :love:
I'm hopefully going to check out that all baguette band next week.. it's a little too large size wise but it may lay nicely under the marquise ring.
Fingers crossed!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon.. Only an hour on Jack Weir today?? Better make it two tomorrow.:lol::lol:
Keep up the good search.. it's not just a job.. it's an adventure!!
HI:

You got me!!! :P2 :wavey: It was Weir, + EraGems, + OakGem, + 66 Mint, + Fashionphile, + Oliver Jewellery, + Van Rijk, + First Dibs, ++++++++++!!! Great entertainment for a cold and low cloud day!!

Happy searching!

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You got me!!! :P2 :wavey: It was Weir, + EraGems, + OakGem, + 66 Mint, + Fashionphile, + Oliver Jewellery, + Van Rijk, + First Dibs, ++++++++++!!! Great entertainment for a cold and low cloud day!!

Happy searching!

cheers--Sharon
:wavey: Ooo! Thanks for the list.. some I stalk already.. some I never heard of.
Will add them to my daily agenda.:D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Ooo! Thanks for the list.. some I stalk already.. some I never heard of.
Will add them to my daily agenda.:D

I'll visit Dover, + Raymond Lee, + Gesner today...... :P2 :saint:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'll visit Dover, + Raymond Lee, + Gesner today...... :P2 :saint:

HI:

Happy searching!

cheers--Sharon

OoooOh, I love when you talk dirty! :lol:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Woooow!!!! That is gorgeous!!! I love it so much!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
I have been looking for a new ring for about a year now. First I was looking at warm old cut stones to set in a yellow gold Dahlia. I saw many that I liked but nothing that was the perfect combination of shape, price and size. Then a month or two ago @RedHairDontCare's thread caught my attention and I started looking at marquise rings again. I have always loved marquise stones.. there is something just so classic and mid-century about them when set in platinum with 2 baguettes. I saw one or two on Ebay that I liked from high volume sellers I have bought from in the past but neither was right either. One was a size 6.5 and the deck of the ring would hang over my smaller (size 4.5) finger.
Then THIS pretty much just dropped into my lap from a large auction house. I happened to notice it the day before the sale and couldn't get to see it in the flesh but the lovely person who helped me sent me a ton of pix and video and really described the stone in great detail. Making it even a little more complicated to buy sight unseen was the fact that it was an I1 stone. She did say (and it was 100% true) that the imperfections were really not noticeable to the naked/untrained eye. So I took a chance.. bid and won the auction!
I just received it and it's absolutely perfect.
And it's exactly my size too!!
Without further blabbing.. here it is.
Not certified.. Guesstimated by them at I/J color with medium blue fluorescence and 4.31 carats. The stone was weighed so the 4.31 is "certified."
I can't stop staring at my finger. It's so white and sparkles like crazy.
I'm not sure where I am going to actually wear this monster but even if I wear it back and forth from my kitchen to my living room and then to one fancy party a year I will be happy just to own it.
I will post more pix tomorrow with a matching wedding band that I am going to borrow from another set and some pix comparing my emerald cut M with this whiter I/J.
Thanks for sharing the shine and the smiles! FE9061B4-DAF9-4276-884F-8EB19230E8F8.jpeg 69C61CF7-FDA4-4301-BBFF-DA010FD0DAA3.jpeg E70F7F19-C8B6-4A21-B68D-8959DE633737.jpeg smile B9E0FAA9-98B5-4DCB-884B-B1B06BFC6F75.jpeg EF719F1D-42A9-4705-B08C-656B4A8C03EF.jpeg s

Wowzers that's an amazing ring!!!!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous and I love a large marquis with baguette sides...so classic!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers that's an amazing ring!!!!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous and I love a large marquis with baguette sides...so classic!
:love:Thanks so much for your sweet compliments Catmom!! I agree 100% about it being a real classic. That's just what attracted me to it. :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Thanks so much for your sweet compliments Catmom!! I agree 100% about it being a real classic. That's just what attracted me to it. :D

Rubies--you should post in the long sleeve thread! Need most photos! :kiss2:

And this one also!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results