shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my 3.92ct OEC Victor Canera split-shank halo

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
That is one stunning ring!!! I am speechless. One can only stare! Wear it in great health :appl:

tubby_glossop

Rough_Rock
Wow, OMG, that is super gorgeous!! You are so lucky - what a generous DH you have for putting that rock on your finger! :love:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Anne, your ring is amazing. The center stone is a knock out, soooo sparkly, and your delicate setting compliments it perfectly. Congrats on your new gorgeous ring!
You are one lucky gal! :appl:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!! =)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I am currently working with Victor on a potential setting for an antique cushion.

83NC

Rough_Rock
Hi, amazing ring and wear it in health as they say.

Im not sure its allowed on this site, but i am looking for the "right" ring for a possible engagement. I was wondering if you would be able to contact me **edited by moderator. please read our policies regarding posting personal contact information on the forum**

thanks.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi 83,

I think posting private contact info is not allowed here, but you should not be penalized. A moderator may just eventually remove your email address.

Feel free to ask any questions here - I don't mind to share details about the ring or my experience shopping for the diamond or the setting. :)

Anne

83NC

Rough_Rock
Sorry! I didn’t know it was illegal on this forum! My mistake and apologies to the mods! (Lol that’s why i could not find a private message button!!)

I love your ring, i think i now have a design that i wish to get made. But i am very very new to the world of diamonds and i can see myself getting totally lost with the variations etc...

Being from the UK, talking price is always seen as a bit of a taboo subject to discuss openly, that’s why i provided email.

Basically looking to get an idea of what rings cost and wondered if you would disclose such a thing? If no, that’s ok i understand and sorry for the intrusion.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi 83,

Sure, I understand.

The setting by itself cost ~$6,000 USD (this summer, prices may have went up again since then). That's partially because it's custom, and 100% hand-made and casting-free. The setting is platinum.

The center diamond was purchased separately and cost a lot more. lol

I don't know what your budget is, but if it's not in this range, don't worry! You can still find a very nice setting for less. Maybe not custom, or maybe in 18k gold or palladium, or maybe with no or less pave, etc. Just depends what your tastes and budget dictate.

I hope this is helpful!

Anne

PS - I know you say you are new diamond shopping, but if your budget allows, I strongly recommend you consider Victor Canera to do the setting. I know he can also source a center diamond for you too, if you don't have one already, or if you don't wish to find one on your own.

PPS - If you want others to help you find a nice center diamond and/or setting, start a new thread (I suggest on RockyTalky) and mention your budget, and what size and shape of stone you are looking for. You will get lots of help from the great people here. They can help you find something with one of the many great Pricescope vendors. Personally, I never shop retail or pay retail prices on fine jewelry. Shopping online with solid PS vendors is by far better. :)

83NC

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reply and thank you for being so helpful. Can you direct me what I'd need to budget for such a stone?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just did a search with Pricescope's general diamond search tool, for stones 3.50ct - 4.20ct, H-K color, VS2-SI2 clarity. Matches ranged from 37k - 80k, depending on various spec combos. I tried the search first on OECs specifically, but got no matches. So the data I found was on modern round brilliants. But OECs are generally priced similarly to round brilliants, so this should be in the general ballpark.

Hope this helps! :)

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi again,

I just found what looks to be a gorgeous 3.56ct OEC from Jewels by Erica Grace. I worked with Grace for my stone hunt, she was great.

Here is the link: http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Loose-Diamonds/356ct-Loose-Old-European-Cut/19804036_Qxwpx5#1556514241_8KSQW4x

It's listed as H SI1 EGL, so if graded by GIA might come out as ~I-J SI2. Med blue flouroescence. Price is not posted, but you if you are interested, you could contact her.

The stone actually looks to be gorgeous. I know it will make someone very happy. :)

Anne

Oh my lord, now that's a ring! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning :love:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Anne Marie, and thanks for sharing the helpful info on your ring.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AMAZING ring! So stunning and massive :bigsmile:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
All I can say is WOW! That is an amazing looking OEC and an amazing looking completed ring! Congrats!

Alyeska

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love it, one of my all time fav's on here! :love: :love: :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
anne_h|1321840432|3065843 said:
anne_392ring_side.jpg
(overall perspective on the hand)

anne_392ring_stone.jpg
(late afternoon natural daylight)

anne_392ring_hand_side.jpg
(side shot, again in late afternoon natural daylight)

anne_392ring_flash.jpg
(indoor photo with flash - I just find the stone looks interesting)

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. EVER.

I think it's so awesome that VC named it after you!
I'm speechless. :love:

I actually sent an email to VC to request a quote on this exact ring, only with my 8.7mm round stone just yesterday! The price was a little steep for me right now, but lookout upgrade!! :naughty: Who knows, maybe I can use your ring as inspiration to design my setting?!

Congrats on what is, IMHO, the absolute most gorgeous ring on PS! Wear it in good health! :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favorite rings on PS. I love the high crown and overall cut of your vintage cushion.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Hi Anne! I'm contemplating getting a new setting made from scratch by Victor. And your's was the first that came to mind. I absolutely LOVE your ring!!! Could I ask you a couple of questions? And I'm sorry if I am asking something that has already been covered...

Why did you decide to use u cut shallow diamonds for your halo? And what are they! Haha! I am trying to read up on them and doesn't seem to be much info.

Would you happen to have any pictures of wedding bands you wear with it? Or any ideas on what kind? Im trying to brainstorm but coming up blank because of the split shank.

What size are the diamonds in your halo?

Are the halo diamonds and the diamonds on the shank the same size?

Did you specify where you wanted the split to happen? Other rings split too early or too far away from the halo for me. Your's is just perfection.

I hope you don't mind. I'm not planning on totally copying your design :) I just love it so much, it's my inspiration.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Are you out there Anne?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
How in the heck have I not posted on this already???? Anne - your ring is beyond stunning!!!! It looks so perfect on you as well!!! One question - Was the halo made to look a bit squareish on purpose? I personally love that look but just wondering if that's what you were going for. Either way, this ring is just gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YT, I'm so sorry, I did not see your questions until today! I will attempt to answer your questions, I hope I'm not too late to be useful.

U-cut is a type of pave work. I didn't choose it for any specific technical reasons. I liked it because it showed the stones a lot, and Victor said it should be durable enough for my particular lifestyle as I described it. BTW, I found the following link helpful for understanding pave work options: https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/pave-types BTW, VC also does a type of pave, I believe he calls "neo French" or something, I did find that one nice too.

Yes, I do wear a wedding band with it. It's a delicate marquise sapphire and diamond antique-style band. I'll take a handshot and post it. It works fine with the split shank.

The halo width is ~1.8mm, and the stones are ~1.5 points each. The shank width is ~2.0mm and the stones ~1.6 points each. Or at least that's what I have in my order specs. It's possible the final ring varied slightly. BTW, I believe Victor suggested to do a shank no narrower than 1.8mm for strength. Although I went with 2.0mm just to be safe, as I want this ring to last into heirloomship. lol BTW, I don't have data on the split part of the shank.

No, I did not specify where the shank should split. Victor designed that himself. And I agree, it's perfect (for me anyways). All I know is that he did a mock-up ring first, as mine was the first time he had attempted this design. I feel lucky it worked out so well.

BTW, I don't mind if you copy as much as you want. If you order from VC, you can even request the design by name.

Feel free to ask anything else. Again, sorry for my late reply, and I'll post the aforementioned handshot within the next few days. :)

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi O4diamond,

The halo was not made squarish on purpose... it's just following the outline of the stone, which *is* a bit cushion-shaped. I originally wanted a traditional round OEC, but this stone happened to be born in a slightly cushion-y shape, so we just went with it. VC probably could have tinkered with the halo shape if we'd wanted, but we agreed he should just follow the outline of the diamond itself. So what came out was him trying to do that. lol

Anne

04diamond<3|1351773082|3296759 said:
How in the heck have I not posted on this already???? Anne - your ring is beyond stunning!!!! It looks so perfect on you as well!!! One question - Was the halo made to look a bit squareish on purpose? I personally love that look but just wondering if that's what you were going for. Either way, this ring is just gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

BubblesnFun

Rough_Rock
You're ring is absolutely stunning!! :love: One of my favorite rings on all of PS! I hope you have been enjoying it in good healthy and happiness :appl:

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
oh my! I LOVE the puffy, fluffy goodness! Just divine!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smoke that is incredible! Love the contrast of the OEC and halo! Wozers! :) Need a drool Smilie

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how many times I have looked and drooled over this thread. This is my absolute first VC love, and it still makes my heart skip a beat to think of this on my hand. I would definitely consider this setting if I ever got a halo. Maybe I would get it for a big birthday, which by that time I might be tired of my solitaire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results