shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a widow

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagherd I played supermarket bingo Saturday night and it was SO MUCH FUN! I went with the boys next door. They are my wiener winners!!! One of them won a bingo game and got a bag of groceries as the prize. The other one won a board full of lotto tickets in a Chinese auction - and won $100 from those tickets!!! Many of the volunteers were excited to meet me as the mama to Bellerina and loved the pics of her I shared. You know how I can't go anywhere without running into people I know? The president of the rescue group is the mother and mother in law of the guy who lived across the hall from me and his now wife who lived down the hall from me my freshman year of college.

On Sunday I went with mom and dad to Nordstrom for lunch and shopping. OMG... they are so exhausting. Let's see... find a job but take your time, lose weight and get a man - a divorced man or a widower... with money :roll to which I added, "oh and it will be even better if his parents are dead, right?" :???: They asked if my in laws have called me, and my mom was like, oh I guess you won't be going to their house for thanksgiving? uh no... and I don't care to speak to them. Why? Over that little bit of money? I'll give you that amount of money.:confused: I swear to god she makes my head spin. It's just yada yada yada... I just don't bother reading in any sincerity in the words. I said that I really don't want to work :lol: and my mom was like well we won't have any money to give you until we die (and then PB swaps the sugar bowl for arsenic:twisted2:) and I'm like wtf?! Then when I express my displeasure with the long working hours in NYC my mom tells me to rent an apartment in queens. :shifty: Then she tells me that she'll buy my house when my money runs out. But she doesn't like the location Bc it doesn't allow for much natural light.:snore:

This is all over lunch... can you blame me for coming home and taking a 4 hour nap afterwards?:wall:

Today, I went to the DMV for the 5th time, and it was a success!!! The plates and registration are canceled!!!!!!! Omg...:appl::dance::clap:. I then called my insurance company to remove the car. Phew.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, I went to the DMV for the 5th time, and it was a success!!! The plates and registration are canceled!!!!!!! Omg...:appl::dance::clap:. I then called my insurance company to remove the car. Phew.

Congrats!!! Amazing, as I honestly thought this would never happen. Anyway, after the DMV and your parents, you deserve to take at least the rest of the week off and do fun things only. ;)2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Sunday I went with mom and dad to Nordstrom for lunch and shopping. OMG... they are so exhausting. Let's see... find a job but take your time, lose weight and get a man - a divorced man or a widower... with money :roll to which I added, "oh and it will be even better if his parents are dead, right?" :???: They asked if my in laws have called me, and my mom was like, oh I guess you won't be going to their house for thanksgiving? uh no... and I don't care to speak to them. Why? Over that little bit of money? I'll give you that amount of money.:confused: I swear to god she makes my head spin. It's just yada yada yada... I just don't bother reading in any sincerity in the words. I said that I really don't want to work :lol: and my mom was like well we won't have any money to give you until we die (and then PB swaps the sugar bowl for arsenic:twisted2:) and I'm like wtf?! Then when I express my displeasure with the long working hours in NYC my mom tells me to rent an apartment in queens. :shifty: Then she tells me that she'll buy my house when my money runs out. But she doesn't like the location Bc it doesn't allow for much natural light.:snore:

This is all over lunch... can you blame me for coming home and taking a 4 hour nap afterwards?:wall:

Good Lord. Please tell me your lunch was tasty!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy dance for the DMV success! Thank goodness that's done! Your mom sounds sort of like a bouncing ball but I'm sure she loves you nonetheless!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This calls for a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolate bon bons. I'm relieved that this chapter is closed for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo great news PB! You go girl!!! :appl:

calvinandhobbescelebrationgiphy.gif

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! And here I thought my family was exhausting. :confused2:
I think I'd have to sleep for two days to recover from that lunch date. ;-)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, what a relief to have that over with! I'm assuming they'll remove the car from your policy retroactively?

And good gosh you must feel like you're in the twilight zone sometimes!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for this small success that basically took moving Heaven and Earth to make happen!!! You did it!!!

Lets see, Mom and Dad??? I was exhausted just reading all the advice/opinion they had for you.:shock: I would give it a good laugh and do what ever it is
that works for you. Pay them no mind. ;-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are starting stand-up comedy ...

Good for you !

Tough public, though.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh... still haven't gotten the letter of explanation from the other insurance company explaining why the accident portion of Mike's benefits was denied. I texted the agent to ask if it takes this long. He didn't know... but he said I should get a copy of the report from the ME's office. Gosh, I had to call the ME before I had my brunch and coffee so as not to hurl. This is weird... I need to write a letter requesting the report and have it notarized. Then I mail the letter. I'll do that tomorrow. :errrr:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like you do have a job ! Or two ... On top of the stand-up gig !

;(

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession time:

I laughed out loud reading about lunch with Mom and Dad.

Please don't hate me.

I really am on your side. If we meet in person, you can step on my toes to get back at me for laughing.

:angel:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession time:
I laughed out loud reading about lunch with Mom and Dad.
Please don't hate me.
I really am on your side. If we meet in person, you can step on my toes to get back at me for laughing.
:angel:
When we meet in person you'll be peeing your pants when I do impressions of them. Everyone else does lololol... and they think I'm exaggerating until they meet them :lol-2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo for success with the DMV! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having closure on the DMV fiasco should make me feel relieved, but it also was hard bc it's a part of this new normal of now having insurance just for me.

I didn't realize how emotionally exhausting the ME and toxicology report stuff would be for me. The report will also include the physical examination since we didn't opt for an autopsy. The idea of having all this literature about my husband's physical state around the time of death is overwhelming. I ended up sleeping the day away! I fell asleep before 3AM, woke up at 11am, turned on the tv and then passed out till 4pm. I still feel tired and depressed. I don't really want to write this request letter and go get it notarized tomorrow for the MEs office.:knockout:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't realize how emotionally exhausting the ME and toxicology report stuff would be for me. The report will also include the physical examination since we didn't opt for an autopsy. The idea of having all this literature about my husband's physical state around the time of death is overwhelming.
Is there any way to request ONLY the toxicology report? No one should have to read about the physical state of a deceased loved one after an accident :(2

Sleep is a great healer. I have a feeling that if you were forcing yourself to work an 8-hour day or live a "normal" life, you'd be quite ill with as stressed as your mind and body are. Sleep as you need to, and if you find it's interfering with your ability to get stuff done that NEEDS to be done, reach out for help. Hopefully there will be people around you who can assist...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't be the notarized signatory, PB, but I'm happy to write the letter if that would be of any help to you.

{hugs} ~ Molly
I'm at the point where I'm considering writing in crayon on construction paper, "I, her royal highness Pinto Bean, do solemnly request a copy of the medical examination report."

Also got an update from the lawyer. Surrogates court is a few weeks backed up.:???: I don't care how much it's costing me to have this lawyer run back and forth at this point. There's no way I could have handled dealing with the surrogates court's back and forth on top of everything else without pulling every hair off the top of my head!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about asking the ME's Office -- in your notarized letter -- to have the toxicology report (& whatever else there might be in lieu of an autopsy report) sent to your Surrogate Court's lawyer? That way, the packet wouldn't land in your home mailbox.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about asking the ME's Office -- in your notarized letter -- to have the toxicology report (& whatever else there might be in lieu of an autopsy report) sent to your Surrogate Court's lawyer? That way, the packet wouldn't land in your home mailbox.

VOTE !

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote the letter. Unfortunately the notary in town is out till Monday lolol. The letter is sitting in my car until I head over to somewhere with one of those mailbox stores.

Got a goofy check from discover for Mike's account lolol. 22 cents. It cost them more to cut the check and mail it! Meh... woke up a few times last night. Sleep is definitely tied to my emotional state.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote the letter. Unfortunately the notary in town is out till Monday lolol.

These niceties are clinging to you for dear life ...

Damn !

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emotionally-draining stuff can be more exhausting than physically-draining stuff.
You've been under constant stress for months. Its no wonder you need sleep. And rest.
Whenever you can, do something nice for yourself that will make you feel better; sleep, go for a walk, play with your cats, etc. Try to eat healthy.

I hope all of this 'stuff' gets sorted out soon.

Sending hugs, and wishes for strength and comfort.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
checking in, thoughts and prayers continue!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi PB,

I've been away for a week or so and had spotty internet access. I'd write a reply and it would get gobbled up before it would post. Grrr.

I totally did a happy dance when I saw that your endless saga with the DMV is finally over!! Hallelujah!!

I kind of laughed too when I read about your lunch with my parents....just reading about it wore me out...I can't imagine sitting though it!!

Yes, emotional "stuff" is exhausting and the pressure your parents put on you certainly doesn't help. Continue ignoring them, that's my motto!!

Supermarket bingo sounds like so much fun!! Maybe I can get my kids to do the grocery shopping for me if I make a game of it??? LOL!

I hope that you can get the letter notarized tomorrow and off of your plate....and I agree...have the toxicology report, etc. sent directly to the surrogate attorney....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results